The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**

<< < (364/966) > >>

Alenaveda:
Talking about Las Vegas... The city is the main enviroment for one of the longest running prime-time shows of CBS - C.S.I. -; and although most of the recording is made at Universal City and Santa Clarita, woulldn't be great having a CSI themed task on the final?

Just a wish...  :)

Platrium:
Ever get tired of seeing a W-turn (Especially when the team who got U-turned 1st used the 2nd slot)?
Then I wish TAR adds a No U-turn picture/board. It is placed inside the big U-turn box. Teams can use it without having to fill up or use the courtesy of photo on the W-turn board. Teams can only use it if they didn't U-turn anybody that leg.

Sample scenario:
Tim & Danny U-turn Leo & Jamal.
(Let's say) Travis & Nicole put up the No U-turn board/picture on the second slot. (They can still U-turn another team next time.)
So... Afghanimals would not be able to U-turn Brandam, since the 2nd slot has been occupied with a No U-turn board.

Is this good? Or are there any problems? I know the best thing for TAR to do is just put a normal/blind (one-slot) U-turn, but I'm trying to find a flaw in this idea. I remember asking the U-turn roulette in this thread and somebody found the bad side right away.

Jimmer:
I don't know if this would become a thing because if you really wanted to make a Second U-Turn go away, someone would just use the Twinnie strategy. And plus with the no-uturn option, someone can just easily put it there in first place just for the lolz because it won't hurt them and they wouldn't lose a CoP.

RachelLeVega:

--- Quote from: Platrium on May 10, 2014, 08:13:33 AM ---Ever get tired of seeing a W-turn (Especially when the team who got U-turned 1st used the 2nd slot)?
Then I wish TAR adds a No U-turn picture/board. It is placed inside the big U-turn box. Teams can use it without having to fill up or use the courtesy of photo on the W-turn board. Teams can only use it if they didn't U-turn anybody that leg.

Sample scenario:
(Let's say) Travis & Nicole put up the No U-turn board/picture on the second slot. (They can still U-turn another team next time.)
So... Afghanimals would not be able to U-turn Brandam, since the 2nd slot has been occupied with a No U-turn board.

Is this good? Or are there any problems? I know the best thing for TAR to do is just put a normal/blind (one-slot) U-turn, but I'm trying to find a flaw in this idea. I remember asking the U-turn roulette in this thread and somebody found the bad side right away.

--- End quote ---
Instead of making a new "No U-Turn" card, why not just bring back the single U-Turn? :lol:

Platrium:

--- Quote from: RachelLeVega on May 10, 2014, 12:20:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: Platrium on May 10, 2014, 08:13:33 AM ---Ever get tired of seeing a W-turn (Especially when the team who got U-turned 1st used the 2nd slot)?

Sample scenario:

--- End quote ---
Instead of making a new "No U-Turn" card, why not just bring back the single U-Turn? :lol:

--- End quote ---

I also want the single U-turn back. But the No U-turn card can trick the teams. Teams will think it's a W-turn (with 2 slots), but one slot can be blocked. Teams will think "In case we get U-turned, we U-turn the team behind us." But once they found out that the other slot has been blocked, they can't do anything. IMO, Twinnies' idea on the 2nd W-turn was genius.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version