Author Topic: So you think you can dance?  (Read 33653 times)

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
Re: So you think you can dance?
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2008, 04:04:46 PM »
a bit of a blurb in today's Calgary Herald. sorry, no pictures of my beautiful daughter.

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/story.html?id=3b305eac-93f4-42e7-b037-1d671a0dc1f3

i'm guessing she may post her pics on her facebook page. i'll have to look later.

Thank you for the article cinni!   :angel:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2008, 08:25:32 PM »
:jumpy:  she went   :jumpy:  she just texted me, no ticket  :'(

details pending.

and i just got off the phone with her. today was the freestyle round as it were. they were put into groups of 10 and asked to perform to 30 seconds of music of their choice. she went with two friends and one of them got the call back for tomorrow for the individual performance. of course, he's the one of the 3 that can't return tomorrow.  (:;)

:tup: Good job to her for trying out. What an experience that must have been.

We will all be here next season she shouldn't give up and try try and try again  :hugs:

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2008, 09:42:36 PM »
cinni, tell your daughter congratulations anyway!!  It takes a ton of courage to put yourself out there like that.  She should be proud that she tried!!!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2008, 10:12:36 AM »

Any fans in the LA area if your free on Monday May 19th at 3:00pm.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2008, 02:26:00 PM »

:jumpy: The 2 hour season premiere is tomorrow  :wohoo:

I loved all the commercials they have been showing all week. The dancers looked amazing.

I must say for the entertainment effect Mary Murphy is my fav judge, she is hilarious.

But my fav dance has to be contemporary, it's just so beautiful to watch.

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2008, 04:46:43 PM »

:jumpy: The 2 hour season premiere is tomorrow  :wohoo:

I loved all the commercials they have been showing all week. The dancers looked amazing.

I must say for the entertainment effect Mary Murphy is my fav judge, she is hilarious.

I love contemporary, too I love lyrical and Jazz, but my least favorite and I'm sorry is Hip Hop!!  As a mother of a dancer and sitting through numerous dance concerts I find that when I see one hip hop dance I've seen them all it seems very repititous to me (love the songs but dread the same ole stuff). 

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2008, 05:26:27 PM »

I love contemporary, too I love lyrical and Jazz,

Bring on MIA MICHAELS!!!! 

Looking at the web site, they're only listing 5 choreographers.  Does that mean those are the only ones they're going to use the whole season????  I will cry if Wade Robson doesn't come back!!!  His zombie dance was amazing!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2008, 07:49:50 PM »

Looking at the web site, they're only listing 5 choreographers.  Does that mean those are the only ones they're going to use the whole season????  I will cry if Wade Robson doesn't come back!!!  His zombie dance was amazing!

Mia is amazing I looked up her bio wow she is involved with a lot of things.

I also noticed there were some new judges and I must admit upset me because I thought our old fav's did a great job

But maybe they are just busy with other things, but yea it's a disappointment.

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2008, 10:56:23 PM »

I also noticed there were some new judges and I must admit upset me because I thought our old fav's did a great job

I loved the guy from Hairspray when he judged!  He was honest, but in a very supportive way.  (Except his comment about Danny being arrogant, but in that case, I gave him a pass because he really said what I had been thinking all along.)

By the way, anybody notice that the top 10 from last summers SYTYCD were the back up dancers for the opening number on the American Idol finale tonight?!!!!

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2008, 12:36:04 AM »

I loved the guy from Hairspray when he judged!  He was honest, but in a very supportive way.  (Except his comment about Danny being arrogant, but in that case, I gave him a pass because he really said what I had been thinking all along.)

By the way, anybody notice that the top 10 from last summers SYTYCD were the back up dancers for the opening number on the American Idol finale tonight?!!!!

No but I recorded it (I hope) and i'll check it out.  Can't wait for tomorrow night!  My daughter works so I'm not going to say anything so she's not disappointed and she might call in sick  :lol:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2008, 02:06:15 AM »
Hmmm...I didn't notice last summers SYTYCD were the back up dancers for the opening number on the AI finale tonight!!  I just rewatched it & found that I missed Ryan's announcement they would be dancing. 
At the time, I wondered who the extras were!  Thanks for telling us, vanillalatte. :)

Wow, I can't believe SYTYCD starts tonight!  Bring it on! 

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2008, 04:57:59 PM »
Hmmm...I didn't notice last summers SYTYCD were the back up dancers for the opening number on the AI finale tonight!!  I just rewatched it & found that I missed Ryan's announcement they would be dancing. 
At the time, I wondered who the extras were!  Thanks for telling us, vanillalatte. :)

Wow, I can't believe SYTYCD starts tonight!  Bring it on! 

Yeah, I recognized Lauren first, then caught Danny, Lacey, Sarah, Hok and Dominic.  Later in the show, there was a hip hop number where I saw Dominic, Hok and Sarah back, but some of the dancers I didn't recognize. 

YAY!!!!  Tonight's the night!!!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2008, 05:16:46 PM »

:popcorn:  2-HOUR SEASON PREMIERE, Day 1**"SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE"(8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) CC

THE ORIGINAL DANCE COMPETITION SHOW IS BACK! "SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE" BOOGIES DOWN WITH A TWO-HOUR SEASON PREMIERE THURSDAY, MAY 22, ON FOX

The Emmy Award-winning SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE is back for an all-new season! It's time to pop, lock and drop in to the hottest original dance show featuring new contestants and the best and worst of auditions. See what happens when dancers skilled in everything from Ballroom and Ballet to Salsa, Jive, Hip-Hop and Krumping all compete to be named the best. In Season Four, producer travel across the country to Dallas; Charleston; Salt Lake City; Washington, DC; Los Angeles; and Milwaukee in search of dancers who represent the rhythm of America. Don't miss the auditions that everyone will be talking about the next day. See who struts into the producers' hearts and who trips up on the season premiere of SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2008, 04:05:50 PM »
So, what did everyone think of night 1 which included the LA auditions????

My favorites of the night...

• The Asian couple who did the cha cha.  The girl was especially adorable!
  • The soccer player girl.  Yeah, Dominic was completely smitten with her.
  • That last guy with his contortion/popping routine.  He was amazing, but I'm afraid he's going to end up like Cedric.  If he is unable to pick up other styles in Vegas week, I doubt the PTB will make the same mistake twice.  He won't make it through on "Dancing for his life" alone. 

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2008, 08:14:25 PM »

• That last guy with his contortion/popping routine.  He was amazing, but I'm afraid he's going to end up like Cedric.  If he is unable to pick up other styles in Vegas week, I doubt the PTB will make the same mistake twice.  He won't make it through on "Dancing for his life" alone. 

Oh I so don't like seeing when they show us those bad dancers and that David aka sex  :groan:

I ended up not watching the last half hour and tuned into RFF radio  :angel:

Mia is the best but Mary was hilarious, you can't help but laugh just listening to her.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2008, 11:17:53 AM »

I loved the Asian couple who did the cha-cha, especially the girl!  I also loved the first girl who auditioned.  And I felt really sorry for the girl who was visually impaired and tried out, but just couldn't cut the mustard.  I also liked the guy with his contortion/popping routine, but I agree with you -- without any real training he's not going to get very far -- especially after Cedric last year!

When I learned the guy who called himself "Sex" was back, I thought "Oh no, not again!"  I really think he's from outer space!  He's either from Planet Fruitcake or Planet Fruit Loop or Planet Just Plain Nuts!   :funny:

As for the judge who choreographed Hairspray and his comment about Danny being arrogant, I think the truth is that he was more guarded than truly arrogant, though Danny probably had a few arrogant moments peppered into the guarded behavior.  Remember he had a tough childhood before being adopted so Danny probably built up some walls and that came off as arrogance.

Belle Book

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2008, 05:42:56 PM »
Since I didn't tape the show like usual and don't remember names very well...uh...

I liked the Asian couple and think they'll go far.  Also liked the first gal.  And, I loved that REALLY double, triple, or quadruple jointed guy!!  As a dancer, I agree w/ the judges, he probably won't make it, esp when partnered.  But just the fact that he's sooo unusual may take him where his bi/tri or whatever jointedness he has can really entertain.  Hmmm...a circus?  Yes, but he's far beyond that.  I'm not sure.  Maybe like Nigel said...Commercials?

Overall, the show was Fantastic!  Loved it, except for that Sex guy.  Hope he's not there next year! :groan: 
There was another couple I liked.  Names?  ??? 

Hope to tape the show from now on to jog my memory. 

Oh nooo...just thought of something.  I think this dance show AND The Mole will air on Monday night, same time...starting June 2!  The Mole will be my priority since I need to rewatch to figure out who the Mole is!! 
So, watch Dance, tape Mole. 

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2008, 07:44:29 PM »
Oh nooo...just thought of something.  I think this dance show AND The Mole will air on Monday night, same time...starting June 2!  The Mole will be my priority since I need to rewatch to figure out who the Mole is!! 
So, watch Dance, tape Mole. 

:-* You should be good RudyRules it looks like Monday's show is a repeat only incase anyone missed the premiere episode.

Enclosed is the schedule for So You think You Can Dance:

5/22/08 (Th.) 8:00 PM FOX (DAN-401/402) Season Premiere, Part 1

5/26/08 (Mo.) 8:00 PM FOX (DAN-401/402) Season Premiere, Part 1 (R)

5/28/08 (We.) 8:00 PM FOX (DAN-403/404) Season Premiere, Part 2

5/29/08 (Th.) 8:00 PM FOX (DAN-405/406) Auditions Episode

6/4/08 (We.) 8:00 PM FOX (DAN-407/408) Auditions Episode

6/5/08 (Th.) 8:00 PM FOX (DAN-409/410) Las Vegas Round

6/11/08 (We.) 8:00 PM FOX (DAN-411/412) Top 20 Perform

6/12/08 (Th.) 9:00 PM FOX (DAN-411A/412A) 2 of 20 Voted Off Live

6/18/08 (We.) 8:00 PM FOX (DAN-4??) Top 18 Perform

6/19/08 (Th.) 9:00 PM FOX (DAN-4??) 2 of 18 Voted Off

6/25/08 (We.) 8:00 PM FOX (DAN-4??) Top 16 Perform

6/26/08 (Th.) 9:00 PM FOX (DAN-4??) 2 of 16 Voted Off

7/2/08 (We.) 8:00 PM FOX (DAN-4??) Top 14 Perform

7/3/08 (Th.) 9:00 PM FOX (DAN-4??) 2 of 14 Voted Off

7/9/08 (We.) 8:00 PM FOX (DAN-4??) Top 12 Perform

7/10/08 (Th.) 9:00 PM FOX (DAN-4??) 2 of 12 Voted Off

7/16/08 (We.) 8:00 PM FOX (DAN-4??) Top 10 Perform

7/17/08 (Th.) 9:00 PM FOX (DAN-4??) 2 of 10 Voted Off

7/23/08 (We.) 8:00 PM FOX (DAN-4??) Top 8 Perform

7/24/08 (Th.) 9:00 PM FOX (DAN-4??) 2 of 8 Voted Off

7/30/08 (We.) 8:00 PM FOX (DAN-4??) Top 6 Perform

7/31/08 (Th.) 9:00 PM FOX (DAN-4??) 2 of 6 Voted Off

8/6/08 (We.) 8:00 PM FOX (DAN-4??) Top 4 Perform

8/7/08 (Th.) 8:00 PM FOX (DAN-4??) Winner Announced

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2008, 09:58:28 PM »
WOW thank you ca bb I've got quite a bit of planning to do around those episodes.  I'm like the rest of you Sex has got to go!  And you all know what I mean  :funny:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2008, 03:47:59 AM »
:kuss:  Whew, ca bb fan!  Thank you so much for the schedule! :hugs:
I am verrry relieved that there's no time conflict for these two great shows!! :jumpy: 
Me happy! :) 

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2008, 02:09:10 PM »
:kuss:  Whew, ca bb fan!  Thank you so much for the schedule! :hugs:
I am verrry relieved that there's no time conflict for these two great shows!! :jumpy: 
Me happy! :) 

:whew Me too, I'm glad you brought that up RudyRules.

I didn't realize the show would be on Wednesday's at 8:00pm and Thursday's at 9:00pm.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2008, 03:53:27 PM »
Yes, after the Top 20 are revealed, the show's on at 9:00 on Thursday nights.   Also, I've found out that the performances that we see on Wednesday nights are actually taped.  They tape the performances on Monday nights (I think), probably to get more than one shot and because it's harder to show dancing performances live than it is to show singing ones.

Belle Book

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2008, 05:03:20 PM »
I totally forgot about David/Sex because we the premiere with about a 20 minute delay on the DVR.  I FF'd through him as soon as I saw his face!  Just couldn't deal with him again.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2008, 02:17:09 PM »
Yes, after the Top 20 are revealed, the show's on at 9:00 on Thursday nights.   Also, I've found out that the performances that we see on Wednesday nights are actually taped.  They tape the performances on Monday nights (I think), probably to get more than one shot and because it's harder to show dancing performances live than it is to show singing ones.
Belle Book

:tup: That's right Belle Book it's on at 8:00pm and starting June 12th it will be on at 9:00pm, Thursday's only.

I will have to watch the repeat show tonight seeing I missed the last half hour last week  :angel:
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 02:21:05 PM by ca bb fan »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2008, 04:32:06 PM »
Yes, after the Top 20 are revealed, the show's on at 9:00 on Thursday nights.   Also, I've found out that the performances that we see on Wednesday nights are actually taped.  They tape the performances on Monday nights (I think), probably to get more than one shot and because it's harder to show dancing performances live than it is to show singing ones.
Belle Book

:tup: That's right Belle Book it's on at 8:00pm and starting June 12th it will be on at 9:00pm, Thursday's only.

I will have to watch the repeat show tonight seeing I missed the last half hour last week  :angel:
Just want to get the time zone straight!!  You gals are meaning 9pm EDT and 8pm CDT, right?  (So I'll get it at 7pm MDT). 

On Thurs June 12, it airs at 9pm EDT. 

Since RFF's clock is set for Eastern time, I think we need to go by that in our posts, then everyone can more easily figure out the time for their own zone! :tup:
:ty3: 
Rudaaaaaay  :dancer: :hfive: