Author Topic: Hell's Kitchen Season 4  (Read 102838 times)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Hell's Kitchen Season 4
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2008, 07:53:44 PM »
Thank you so much cabbfan I can't wait for April 1st after reading your update from that Sexy chef! :-[

:lol: Me too I can't wait

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2008, 10:09:21 PM »
Ohhh...this is on Fox?  I thought it was on a channel I don't have.  Oh wait.  :groan:  I'm confusing this show with a similar one.  Whatever, now that I know Hell's Kitchen is on Fox, I'll give it a try.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2008, 10:11:04 PM »
Top Chef! That's the other kitchen show...and it's on Bravo which I do not have.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2008, 11:43:36 PM »
Ohhh...this is on Fox?  I thought it was on a channel I don't have.  Oh wait.  :groan:  I'm confusing this show with a similar one.  Whatever, now that I know Hell's Kitchen is on Fox, I'll give it a try.

:-* Oh good RudyRules I think you'll like the show.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2008, 06:56:30 AM »

New Endeavor for 'Hell's Kitchen' Sous Chef

While Gordon Ramsay might be the face – and mouth – of Hell's Kitchen, he's not the only person on the show who's there to brow beat the contestants into either excellence or a quivering jelly-like pile of nerves. Ramsay also has his sous chefs Scott Liebfried and MaryAnn Salcedo, who aren't exactly the warm and fuzzy nurturing kind in their interactions with the chef contestants either.

In Gordon Ramsay's recent conference call about the next season of Hell's Kitchen, he didn't mention if those two will be returning, but MaryAnn, at least, is starting a new role and making some comments about Hell's Kitchen that indicate the third season might have been the chef's last.

MaryAnn has a culinary arts degree from the Institute for Culinary Education. She's also been Head Chef at Green Street Café and Executive Sous Chef at Rene Pujol Restaurant in New York, Executive Chef at Harvest Valley Restaurant and Caminito Argentinean Restaurant in Massachusetts, in New York City. She was also Executive Chef at Citizen Smith in Hollywood, CA.

She is now taking on a new role at NeoMeze in Pasadena, and talking about her time on Hell's Kitchen in a way that doesn't sound promising for her return. She does say that working with Gordon Ramsay was an honor, but that she found attempting to “teach waffle-house cooks” (a reference to third season chef contestant Julia Williams) absurd.

MaryAnn's new restaurant was called one of CitySearch's top seven fusion restaurants in L.A. What can you expect if you head out to the Hell's Kitchen alum's new gig?

MaryAnn said that her previous experience "contributed to [her] philosophy of showcasing high-quality ingredients, uncompromised by excessive embellishments…When you have a great piece of Kobe beef, you don't have to dress it up in a hat or suit and tie."

Source: http://www.buddytv.com/articles/hells-kitchen/new-endeavor-for-hells-kitchen-17858.aspx

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2008, 10:31:05 PM »
'Hell's Kitchen's Gordon Ramsay swears he doesn't like cursing

This may come as a shock to anyone who has watched celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay turn red with anger and explode into a fit of expletives directed at his kitchen staff and customers alike, but the "Hell's Kitchen" host doesn't like to curse. Honestly.

"That may sound slightly bizarre, but trust me, it's not my fault entirely," Gordon explained. "It's the industry's language, and any chef would be a hypocrite if they didn't admit to swearing in the kitchen.

"It's something I'm not proud of; every time [I do it] I get reminded of that by my mother."

"Hell's Kitchen" returns April 1 (at 9 p.m.) for its fourth season on Fox. The reality competition pits 15 chefs (not all of them professionals) from throughout the United States in weekly cooking challenges preparing dinners for the demanding Ramsay.

This season's winner will become executive chef at Ramsay's new restaurant, the London West Hollywood, scheduled to open in the summer.

"The position is not going to be the executive chef in terms of running it lock, stock and barrel," said Ramsay. "You can't put that kind of pressure on them. But the winner will be an executive chef within the setup of my restaurant and will be responsible for the day-to-day running."

Ramsay said he's "very excited" about the new season because the stakes are higher and the talent is deeper.

"It's a great team of chefs, more so than any other year, and an amazing, talented female following this year; I've never seen anything quite like it," Ramsay said.

"It's quite refreshing, really, on the back of a male-dominant, chauvinistic stance that kitchens have today, so I was really pleased."

As for the intensity of the show and his temper, the chef says it's all real and never played up for television.

"Of course, it's going to look like it's combustive, tenacious and full of drama - it is," said Ramsay. "But there's no script. That's why I fight every week so the restaurant is open, to make sure I run a restaurant and not a show."

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2008/03/24/2008-03-24_hells_kitchens_gordon_ramsay_swears_he_d.html?ref=rss

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2008, 10:38:57 PM »

Fiery cook reveals season 4 has a lot of crying — mostly from the boys

An interview with Gordon Ramsay in the enclosed link:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23796795/

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2008, 04:32:07 AM »

Season Premier Of Hell's Kitchen Season 4 Is Tonight

FIFTEEN NEW CONTESTANTS FIGHT TO IMPRESs

ONE MAKES GORDON SICK ON THE SEASON PREMIERE OF "HELL'S KITCHEN" TUESDAY, APRIL 1, ON FOX

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2008, 11:47:21 AM »
 :wohoo: :jumpy: :jumpy: It's TIVO'd and I can hardly wait to watch it tonight!!!!   :yess:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2008, 03:49:48 PM »
:wohoo: :jumpy: :jumpy: It's TIVO'd and I can hardly wait to watch it tonight!!!!   :yess:

:lol: Same here rosesrred I can hardley wait

I hope it lives up to our expectations

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2008, 12:41:36 AM »

:lol: Same here rosesrred I can hardley wait

I hope it lives up to our expectations

Ok watched it tonight and it was good I can't help but love Gordon.  But where did they get these men???   Geez they gazed more than they cooked and what was that one guy (forgot his name) that sat outside, smoked a cig and picked his feet then went in to cook!  YUCK!!!! 

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2008, 10:28:17 AM »
I only saw the last 15 minutes, but already I'm loving this season! It's so interesting to see people emerge as leaders as we did in last night's show.   (Have it DVR'd and will watch it later today.)
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline careybear

• BB Livefeeds Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • reality tv junkie
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2008, 06:57:11 PM »
I tivo'd it and just got done watching it, it was fantastic. I love Gordan
Having some Spring Fun

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2008, 08:27:00 PM »
I never saw Dominic leaving coming, oh well his wig had to go!!   :sucks

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2008, 10:17:00 PM »

I didn't see that coming either although i think he did need to go.  So many of the men could have gone they just didn't seem to know what the heck they were doing.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2008, 10:23:59 PM »
I was laughing when Gordon said that Louross or whatever was a toilet brush  :lol3:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2008, 11:59:59 PM »
I was laughing when Gordon said that Louross or whatever was a toilet brush  :lol3:

:lol: That was funny.

I can't believe that one of these contestants are going to win.

They have a far way to go.
Ramsay is going to have to do a lot of screaming to make these people good enough to work for him (:;)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2008, 05:33:08 AM »
Fox's 'Hell's Kitchen's' Ratings Sizzle

On Tuesday night Fox's "Hell's Kitchen" showed it could heat up the spring when the cooking competition series had its first in-season premiere.

"Kitchen," which Fox usually airs in the summer, received a post-"American Idol" slot at 9 p.m. and posted a series-high rating (12.6 million viewers, 5.7 rating and a 14 share).

"Kitchen" retained a greater percentage of "Idol" viewers (61%) than drama "New Amsterdam" in March (42%), but less than premieres of "Moment of the Truth" (94%) and last year's debut of "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader" (92%).

Also, CBS tried out "CSI: Miami" in their Tuesdays at 10 p.m. "death slot" and proved one of their series can post a high number in the time period (14.3 million, 4.1/11). "Miami" dominated the hour against an ABC special "Live to Be 150" (10.2 million, 2.5/7) and a repeat of "Law & Order: SVU" (5.7 million, 2.1/6). But "Miami" was down 16% from its Monday night performance.

Overall, Fox won the night (averaging 18.9 million 7.5/19), despite "Idol" hitting a four-year low (25.2 million, 9.3/25). CBS (10.3 million, 2.9/7) and NBC (7.4 million, 2.9/7) tied for second. ABC was third (10.9 million, 2.6/7) . The CW fourth (1.6, 0.7/2).

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i95e688f1b47b858881ecea6106c037a8?imw=Y

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2008, 09:46:11 AM »
Once again thank you ca bb fan  :jumpy: you are just great with your updates what would we do without you  :luvya: :thankyou:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2008, 10:35:16 PM »
Once again thank you ca bb fan  :jumpy: you are just great with your updates what would we do without you  :luvya: :thankyou:

:lol: Thank you rosesrred that is very nice of you to say :hugs:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2008, 10:38:58 PM »
THE COMPETITION GETS FISHY ON "HELL'S KITCHEN"

In pursuit of the prestigious Executive Chef title of Gordon Ramsay's new restaurant, The London West Hollywood, the blue and red teams are now in the competition up to their gills.

For the first challenge, the teams must prove they can make the cut by accurately slicing a halibut into six-ounce filets.

The winning team will swim away to receive some much needed rest before the second dinner service.

The night will bring several changes, as one member of each team must work as a maitre d' while the others staff the kitchen.

Tempers flare as both teams struggle to provide the best service, yet one chef will be eliminated on HELL'S KITCHEN

Offline careybear

• BB Livefeeds Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • reality tv junkie
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2008, 03:32:54 AM »
I agree Tahnk you CA BB fan :hugs:
Having some Spring Fun

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2008, 07:40:00 AM »

The wig wearer. :funny: I'm sorry to see him go, standing there with the scallops in his hand and looking for help? Priceless!

The only one who seemed to have any ability at all was "Toiletbrush" (That was awful, Gordon!)  :lol:

And how about the black Gordon Ramsey comment?  :meow: Hee (More drama to come!)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 08:09:28 AM by TexasLady »

Offline careybear

• BB Livefeeds Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • reality tv junkie
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2008, 08:20:49 AM »

The wig wearer. :funny: I'm sorry to see him go, standing there with the scallops in his hand and looking for help? Priceless!

The only one who seemed to have any ability at all was "Toiletbrush" (That was awful, Gordon!)  :lol:

And how about the black Gordon Ramsey comment?  :meow: Hee (More drama to come!)

the black Gordan Ramsey that was funny, I think my favorite part was Gordan dressed up being on the bus, that was priceless
Having some Spring Fun

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2008, 09:27:25 AM »
It was priceless. :snicker: My hubby wanted to know why no one on the bus spoke to "The Hippy" aka Gordon. His voice would have been a giveaway. ???

I don't see a lot of possibilities this year but perhaps the better chefs haven't been shown yet.