Author Topic: Dancing With the Stars Season Six Cast Revealed!  (Read 25114 times)

Online RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Dancing With the Stars Season Six Cast Revealed!
« on: February 19, 2008, 12:04:56 PM »

Dancing with the Stars

February 19, 2008

The twelve celebrity dancers stepping into the ballroom on season six of ABC's Dancing With the Stars found out who their professional partners will be on Good Morning America Tuesday.

The announcement was made live on the morning telecast, a day after the celebrity cast was revealed on Monday night's Dance War finale.

Notably absent from the pro list is fan favorite and two-time finalist Maksim Chmerkovskiy, who confirmed to PEOPLE Saturday that he was taking this season off. New to the cast is Chmerkovskiy's pal, mambo champion Fabian Sanchez. Returning favorites this season are two-time DWTS champs Cheryl Burke and Julianne Hough, as well as Edyta Sliwinska, the only pro to compete in all six seasons of the show.

Here's the lineup of who's paired with whom:

Olympic Gold Medal skater Kristi Yamaguchi and Mark Ballas
Actress Priscilla Presley and Louis van Amstel
NFL star Jason Taylor and Edyta Sliwinska
Actor Cristian de la Fuente and Cheryl Burke
R&B singer Mario and Karina Smirnoff
Oscar-Award-winning actress Marlee Matlin and Fabian Sanchez
Illusionist Penn Jillette and Kym Johnson
TV and Radio Personality Adam Carolla and Julianne Hough
Actress Shannon Elizabeth and Derek Hough
Actress Marissa Jaret Winokur and Tony Dovolani
Former Tennis Champ Monica Seles and Jonathan Roberts
Actor Steve Guttenberg and Anna Trebunskaya

The cast all met for the first time in Chicago on Tuesday to tape a special DWTS-themed episode of Oprah Winfrey's talk show, which will air on Thursday, Feb. 21. Joining the new cast on Oprah will be previous Dancing winners Kelly Monaco, Drew Lachey, Emmitt Smith and Helio Castroneves.

Dancing's season six premiere kicks off on March 17

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
Re: Dancing With the Stars Season Six Cast Revealed!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 12:33:49 PM »
I was so happy to see my favorite radio host ADAM CAROLLA on this season.  He's so funny, I'm excited!

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 01:59:43 PM »
I like Adam... he is funny.  I have to admit I will have to google some of these people because I do not know who they are.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 05:24:22 PM »
I'm surprised (and I'm thankful) I know half of the cast. The people I don't know are the NFLer, Mario, the two actors, and Marlee Matlin.

Anyone predicting an early winner?
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 06:10:18 PM »
Jason Taylor plays for the Miami Dolphins. Not a fish fan but he is a great guy.

Here is his website www.jasontaylor99.com 

Offline reedthis

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 08:18:09 PM »
I was so happy to see my favorite radio host ADAM CAROLLA on this season.  He's so funny, I'm excited!

I love him to.  I hope he does well I'll be voting for him.   
What We Do In Life Echoes Into Eternity!!!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 07:45:20 AM »
Dancing With The Stars Season Premiere On Monday March 17, 2008

Don't miss the return of Dancing with the Stars in a two-night premiere event that starts March 17!

Six teams will strut their stuff on Monday night, while the other six teams will show off their moves on TUESDAY, MARCH 18 (9:00-10:30 p.m., ET). All twelve couples will perform a second routine the following week on MONDAY, MARCH 24 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET), before the first elimination, TUESDAY, MARCH 25 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on Dancing with the Stars the Results Show, where for the first time in the show's history, two couples' fates will be determined in a dramatic double elimination.

Source: http://abc.go.com/primetime/dancingwiththestars/index?pn=index

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 10:37:34 AM »
Well at the last minute I was invited with the kids to the rodeo to sit in a friend's suite.  So I missed the show, were there any stand outs?  Did any one fall?

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 12:21:43 PM »
Well it is a double elmination ... any ideas on who goes home?

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 03:36:36 PM »
Well at the last minute I was invited with the kids to the rodeo to sit in a friend's suite.  So I missed the show, were there any stand outs?  Did any one fall?

Well no one fell and it was a pretty good show.  Kristi Yamaguchi was really good and Monica Seles is really out of her comfort zone.  Poor Adam Corolla just can't seem to look comfortable Penn well he's just really big and looks pretty good for a man his size doing ballroom.  Anyways I think it might be Monica for the ladies and Adam for the men... 

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 04:49:46 PM »
Monica.  She is waaaay out of her comfort zone more than any of them.  I don't think she is enjoying it at all.   Has anyone noticed she's pigeon-toed?  That hinders smooth & flowing footwork, which is really needed for a competition such as this.   

The men?  A toss-up between Steve Guttenberg or Adam.  Steve isn't really doing much but watching his partner and he's moving around like a little kid learning!  He seems to be mostly watching her to get the cues on what to do next.  There are no flowing motions. 
 Adam, similar to Steve.  They are both too animated, & not leading their partner.
The bigfoot Penn did better than either of these guys!  :snicker:

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 08:13:51 PM »
Monica.  She is waaaay out of her comfort zone more than any of them.  I don't think she is enjoying it at all.   Has anyone noticed she's pigeon-toed?  That hinders smooth & flowing footwork, which is really needed for a competition such as this.   

The men?  A toss-up between Steve Guttenberg or Adam.  Steve isn't really doing much but watching his partner and he's moving around like a little kid learning!  He seems to be mostly watching her to get the cues on what to do next.  There are no flowing motions. 
 Adam, similar to Steve.  They are both too animated, & not leading their partner.
The bigfoot Penn did better than either of these guys!  :snicker:

Didn't really notice that she was pigeon-toed just not comfortable at all.  I don't really care for Steve for some reason he is just to darn thankful for being there and you are spot on on his dancing!!!  And poor Adam I listen to him as much as I can in the mornings and like him even from the Man Show but I think he has to improve quite a bit in order for him to stay around which is a shame because he, like Penn, have a great entertainment value (they make me laugh and I love to laugh!)  But what got my daughter to thinking was Marlee it just bothered her that she has a male interpreter she said she got confused when he speaks for her it should be a females voice so you can tell if it's Marlee or the dance instructer????  But then I said Marlee speaks fine and told her about the "Lip Reader" episode of Seinfeld and wondered why she didn't sign and just speak for herself she is very understandable???  Oh well she still dances great without hearing beats and the music itself. 

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 09:30:00 PM »
Oh, I so agree about Marlee.  I have loved her in many movies when she's speaking and signing.  She is understandable even tho she can't speak with pure clarity.  But for the show, they need to use a female interpreter!  It bothers me seeing her mouth the words as if speaking in a male voice! 

Marlee should go far in DWTS.  Hope so! It is amazing that she can stay with the beat in spite of being deaf.  Wow!

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 10:57:49 PM »
Did anyone else read this on TMZ yesterday?  I feel bad for Priscella:

...The phony doc who injected Priscilla Presley with industrial-grade silicone used to lubricate auto parts had a scam that proved irresistible to Hollywood's elite.

Someone who got injected by Daniel Serrano spoke with TMZ about getting lured in. Serrano, who was a doctor in Argentina but unlicensed in the U.S., told patients the serum, which he claimed would remove wrinkles, was much better than Botox -- an all-natural drug he said was used by all the top models in Paris. Serrano told his victims they could not get the drug in the U.S. The patient we spoke with said that made all the women go crazy, thinking they were getting something special, and they were -- a lube job.

Serrano was a major name dropper. We're not sure if he really injected all the women he claims, but trust us, there were a lot. The patient we spoke with says she was injected with a needle that was just sitting on a table, unprotected. He didn't clean the needle or clean her face before injecting it.

The injections were "extremely painful." Serrano said there would be no swelling. The patient we spoke with says she blew up like a balloon, and when the swelling finally went down, the drug didn't eliminate lines...

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 06:12:52 PM »
Well guessing one out of two isn't to bad.  I was sad to see Penn go he seemed pretty sad, too.   I was hoping it was Chrisian for no other reason except that I don't know who he is.  I was happy Adam stayed and hope he improves over the weeks to come.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 09:41:44 AM »
I did not see the show.  Marlee may have an interpitor because the dancing winds you.  Several times the dancers are out of breath and stumble over their words so she may have asked for someone to speak for her.  And the interpetor maybe some one she knows and uses at other events and that could be why it is a male and not a female. I am guessing here.

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2008, 05:15:23 PM »
I did not see the show.  Marlee may have an interpitor because the dancing winds you.  Several times the dancers are out of breath and stumble over their words so she may have asked for someone to speak for her.  And the interpetor maybe some one she knows and uses at other events and that could be why it is a male and not a female. I am guessing here.

Great guesses I thought the same thing with the interperter that he must be her personal guy and the dancing winds you makes sense.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2008, 02:29:07 AM »
Thanks Texan.  I don't know why it didn't occur to me about using the same person she uses at other events.  Sounds perfectly logical!  :tup: 

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2008, 01:43:49 AM »
Enjoyed Dancing with the Stars tonite and thought they got Mario right on he really didn't do that good... Steve did good and so did Marlee she just amazes me on how she dances without music she is incredible.  For some reason I love Shannon and Derek their chemistry is just wonderful.   I love, love, love Julieanne so I want to her win yet again but I think poor Adam is a challenge for her  :neener:  Julieanne looked so different in her wig and Adam was pretty SEXY and I'm quoting Bruno here.  I want to like for Marissa but for some reason and I can't pinpoint it, it just comes out flat if she left I wouldn't be upset.  I think it may be the chemistry between her and Tony I'm just not feeling it, oh well.  Priscilla and Louis they did do a great job they have chemistry.  They did deserve the scores they got 26!!!!  I also like Jason, but Edyta bugs me maybe it's her sexy body and her incredible ability to show it off in the outfits she barely wears lol!!!  But they did a good job, yet again.  To me Kristi looks like a natural and maybe it's her skating background that gives her the edge she has but she is absolutely wonderful to watch.  And as a skater she is used to the 9's!!!!

So my picks are and only for tonights performances the ones to go should be Mario or Marissa. 

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2008, 11:11:39 AM »
My favorite guy left last night and I think I was more upset watching Julieanne go  :'(  But then it seems things just might be heating up  :-[ between Shannon and Derek and I guess everyone on the show thinks so too  ;)

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2008, 01:27:00 PM »
An update on Derek from E! News poor guy what will it be next week???

Dancing's Derek Houghs & Puffs to Hospital

By Gina Serpe  E!News
Tue, 15 Apr 2008 10:20:51 AM PDT

Derek Hough's hospital stays are getting to be a real pain in the neck. And stomach.

For the second consecutive week, the Dancing with the Stars pro was taken to the hospital just hours before a live show, this time around to deal with a sudden and particularly nasty bout of food poisoning.

While the 21-year-old Hough, who was taken to the hospital Monday morning, ultimately made it out in time to perform a less-than-judge-pleasing samba with partner Shannon Elizabeth, the situation was sufficiently hairy that fellow pro Jonathan Roberts was called in to the studio lest he needed to fill in for the ailing hoofer.

"It was just a freak thing," Hough told E! News after the show. "I woke up this morning and started throwing up constantly. I just drank a shake on an empty stomach and I think that didn't agree with my stomach. I was puking like 20 times."

"They wanted to keep me there longer and give me an IV and stuff, but I was like, 'I got to get to the show...I must dance with Shannon.'"

As it is, the brief hospital sojourn was nothing new for the dancer, who last Tuesday was carted off in an ambulance after spraining his neck while rehearsing with sister Julianne and fellow pro Mark Ballas for a results-show performance with Kylie Minogue.

In the end, Hough was released with a neck brace and cut out of the dance.

After last night's show, Hough said his ER trips would not be a weekly occurrence, least of all because the hospital staff is getting sick and tired of seeing him.

"They're like, 'Hey, you again!'" he said of his most recent admittance. "I'm like, 'Yep, me again.' We're done with that."

Elizabeth agreed, adding that if he were to hop another ambulance ride to the hospital, "nobody would believe it."

Miserable as the bout of food poisoning was, though, Hough managed to find one body-conscious bonus to the whole ordeal.

"I've gained four pounds these past couple weeks, and then today I lost it all...and then some. Now I'm back to my skinny self."

"I had to draw on my muscles today," he joked. "I had to draw them on."

Hough and Elizabeth are one of just eight couples remaining in the competition. One will be voted off tonight, when James Blunt takes the stage, and the remaining hot-steppers will perform their first group dance next week.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2008, 03:19:30 PM »
I watched most of last night's show (it's getting down to the good teams so I am likely to become a regular). I was quite impressed by Kristi and Marlee. Priscilla was trying hard, but was out of synch. Jason was OK. Christian, who has Latin roots, clearly underperformed. Marissa did surprising well. It wasn't Derek who underperformed; it was Shannon. Mario was kind of blah and I would be very worried if I were him.

The winners last night were the rumba and the samba, highly technical dances according to the way the judges were viewing them and scoring them. Not enough shaking of the hips was a certain deduction that almost every team received.

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2008, 09:54:18 PM »
I watched most of last night's show (it's getting down to the good teams so I am likely to become a regular). I was quite impressed by Kristi and Marlee. Priscilla was trying hard, but was out of synch. Jason was OK. Christian, who has Latin roots, clearly underperformed. Marissa did surprising well. It wasn't Derek who underperformed; it was Shannon. Mario was kind of blah and I would be very worried if I were him.

The winners last night were the rumba and the samba, highly technical dances according to the way the judges were viewing them and scoring them. Not enough shaking of the hips was a certain deduction that almost every team received.

Priscilla last night was so boring I felt they were doing their dance in sssllllooowww motion.  Just seems it was a bad night for most (not all) of them.    :groan:

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2008, 12:43:13 AM »
OMG my Directv DVR is so awful (I loved my TIVO) I went to watch the show after it was recorded and I had a white screen  :pull No show just a white screen!  With that said as I went on the internet the news on Yahoo was who was voted off!  So not too surprised but feel bad for the person.  Was it a good show??? :duno:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2008, 03:36:14 PM »
I didn't appreciate that rosesrred's comment about Priscilla really meant that Priscilla was eliminated last night. I did see most of the actual performances, but missed the Results Show. The judges scoring was:

Kristi 29
Jason 27
Mario 27 he did much better than I thought he had
Marissa 24
Christian 23
Marlee 22
Priscilla 21

The bottom two factoring in audience votes were apparently Priscilla and Christian. Priscilla got the axe.