Author Topic: EP 11: The Final Push  (Read 173848 times)

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Re: EP 11: The Final Push
« Reply #425 on: January 20, 2008, 01:18:58 PM »
Thats most likely the scenario Gman. You got all that off of one commercial!? Wow even in slo-mo I didn't catch all that  :jam:

Freeze frame!  Like the weather!

Enjoy tonight :kuss:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #426 on: January 20, 2008, 01:24:29 PM »
Well I didn't see the commercial without the yellow tint, I forget what CBS was airing last night? all I know is I changed the channel Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #427 on: January 20, 2008, 02:05:47 PM »
Good spoiling through the season guys! I can't wait for next season, hopefully I will do better with my picks - so close this time!! So puddin, you're b-day is comm,ing up?  :hbday: mines the 25th.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #428 on: January 20, 2008, 02:18:34 PM »
My B-Day is over *sigh I hate getting older  :pull * but thanks north and early Happy B-Day wishs to you  :kuss:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #429 on: January 20, 2008, 03:14:06 PM »
I am so excited!  I'm really looking forward to seeing the finale of The Amazing Race 12 and I'm hoping that my favorite team crosses the finish line first!  However even if Ron & Christina don't finish first, I'll be pretty happy with whoever wins, since after all, Nathan & Jennifer (aka the Bickersons) were Philiminated!

Belle Book

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 20, 2008, 03:39:37 PM »
I'm pretty excited too, but my excitement is now mixed with dread for having to work on Wednesday and Thursday 5-10 and I'm nervous  :'(

Offline sk8ter23

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #431 on: January 20, 2008, 04:21:22 PM »
almost 3 hrs to go......... any new vid tonight?? no?   :js:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #432 on: January 20, 2008, 04:24:00 PM »
almost 3 hrs to go......... any new vid tonight?? no?   :js:
:duno: Vids of what?

Offline sk8ter23

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #433 on: January 20, 2008, 05:01:40 PM »
tar 12?  is there any new clip

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 20, 2008, 05:12:12 PM »
if you are referring to web clips, mat chats, stuff like that then their might be, we aren't sure yet  :duno:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #435 on: January 20, 2008, 05:30:59 PM »
If you mean those sports inserts then the answer is no .. sort of odd they aren't advertising the crap out of this  (:;)

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #436 on: January 20, 2008, 06:30:34 PM »
Thanks puddin!

Well I was watching the patriots and I saw a couple commercials, but I don't think they were new. I think they were the same yellow-tinted one. They said that it would be a photo finish at the end though. They probably just say it to get attention, unless maybe R/C and N/D are close at the end. I would assume TK/R could beet both of them in a foot race.

Offline thatsfunny

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Carpe Diem
« Reply #437 on: January 20, 2008, 07:49:48 PM »
If it comes down to a footrace, my best guess is that TK/Rachel would win, b/c they are more physically fit. Ahh!!!2 more hours to go.
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom always to tell the difference."

Offline scorpio88

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #438 on: January 20, 2008, 07:51:56 PM »
 :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: THIS SEASON RULES!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #439 on: January 20, 2008, 07:58:58 PM »
Finish line! The picture source was there the whole time!  :lol3:  :jam:

anyway pulling these out of the mishmash thread...
Alpine Air Alaska, Inc

The first 2 our from our picture source (person blacked out by me) and the last one is from Alpine Air...

Offline sk8ter23

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #440 on: January 20, 2008, 08:05:05 PM »

look at that pic.... like olympic podium

oh well.... congrats tk and rachael..

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #441 on: January 20, 2008, 08:52:35 PM »
The placemarks are up. The salmon change places every year, I based the mark on the 2007 map. And "Ship Creek boat launch" seems to be the local name for pier 39-S. We got most of it.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #442 on: January 20, 2008, 08:57:39 PM »
I want Chateau do do time on when Nic & Don arrive at Pit Stop.  I want to see if that error by Nic did in fact cost them a million, because that's got to hurt.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #443 on: January 20, 2008, 09:01:11 PM »
The placemarks are up. The salmon change places every year, I based the mark on the 2007 map. And "Ship Creek boat launch" seems to be the local name for pier 39-S. We got most of it.
Wow your pretty fast for a Slowhatch  :lol:

:jam: all that time your dock had a name Slowhatch  -- Cook Inlet Tug & Barge Pier

and then theres Goose Lake park  (:;)! I was looking all over Girdwood for a park or places for camping !

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #444 on: January 20, 2008, 09:04:09 PM »
Without having watched the episode yet, just the plan of it makes this my official favorite final leg. 

Finally only one equalizer, and thats before all the tasks of the day.  I have been wishing for that since season 4.

Previously my favorite final leg (design) has been (Shocker) the Family Edition.  They got it right on that one (for the most part).

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #445 on: January 20, 2008, 10:02:49 PM »
I want Chateau do do time on when Nic & Don arrive at Pit Stop.  I want to see if that error by Nic did in fact cost them a million, because that's got to hurt.

Answer - Not at all. I have imported my latest post from the Ep11 Finale commentary thread:

I decided to see as best I can how the need to return to 6th Avenue Outfitters impacted Donald and Nicholas. In the show it appears that this was a significant impact that may have cost them the race. I found the address for 6th Avenue Outfitters(520 W. 6th Ave., Anchorage) and approximated address along the north and south sides of Ship Creek near its end. The results are that the maximum would have been approximately 1 mile and maybe 3 minutes. This was a fairly minor penalty. It appeared that they lost by a whole lot more than 3 mintues.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #446 on: January 21, 2008, 10:02:06 AM »
I'm trying to piece together the final roadblock. Here are the quotes from CBS:
Each Team was given fifteen recognizable items from different legs of the race. With stress and exhaustion at an all-time high, they had to place on a stage ten specific items that matched two different requirements. First, there could only be one item from each of the ten legs of the race. Second, only three items could be animals or animal by-products, one had to be a U-turn, two had to be items either at or brought to the Pit Stop, two had to be items of transportation with wheels, one of which was used at a Detour, and one had to be an item of transportation resembling the shape of a stick. While there were several ways to fulfill either of the requirements, only one correct group of ten items fulfilled both.
And the answer:
...the correct answers which were: the tandem bicycle from Ireland, the Detour bike from Amsterdam, the camel milk and chicken from Burkina Faso, the Detour stilts from Lithuania, the gun fired at the Pit Stop in Croatia, the Blackberry in Italy, the U-turn in India, the cleaning man in Japan, and the tea cups in Taiwan.
That would make the "extra" items:
  • donkey Ireland
  • vault pole Netherlands
  • row boat Croatia
  • gas cylinders India (does that include the cycle?)
  • flowers Japan
Is that correct? Or does anyone have a different recollection?

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #447 on: January 21, 2008, 10:49:24 AM »
All this time the finish line was the Girdwood airport.   :groan:  Good job puddin!

That place they went to where the statue was.....in Resolution Park.....I can't tell you how many pictures I came across of that area!   :lol3:  I looked at that place from several angles. 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #448 on: January 21, 2008, 11:01:20 AM »
All this time the finish line was the Girdwood airport.   :groan:  Good job puddin!

That place they went to where the statue was.....in Resolution Park.....I can't tell you how many pictures I came across of that area!   :lol3:  I looked at that place from several angles. 
Same goes for the hooker fish Colby  :lol:, I was like GRRRRR!!!

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #449 on: January 21, 2008, 11:11:20 AM »
I'm trying to piece together the final roadblock. Here are the quotes from CBS:
Each Team was given fifteen recognizable items from different legs of the race. With stress and exhaustion at an all-time high, they had to place on a stage ten specific items that matched two different requirements. First, there could only be one item from each of the ten legs of the race. Second, only three items could be animals or animal by-products, one had to be a U-turn, two had to be items either at or brought to the Pit Stop, two had to be items of transportation with wheels, one of which was used at a Detour, and one had to be an item of transportation resembling the shape of a stick. While there were several ways to fulfill either of the requirements, only one correct group of ten items fulfilled both.
And the answer:
...the correct answers which were: the tandem bicycle from Ireland, the Detour bike from Amsterdam, the camel milk and chicken from Burkina Faso, the Detour stilts from Lithuania, the gun fired at the Pit Stop in Croatia, the Blackberry in Italy, the U-turn in India, the cleaning man in Japan, and the tea cups in Taiwan.
That would make the "extra" items:
  • donkey Ireland
  • vault pole Netherlands
  • row boat Croatia
  • gas cylinders India (does that include the cycle?)
  • flowers Japan
Is that correct? Or does anyone have a different recollection?

What was the third animal product: 1. Camel Milk, 2. Cleaning man, 3. ?????

Or was that chicken brooth in the tea cup which wasn't a tea cup but a soup bowl?