Author Topic: EP 10: Sorry, Guys, I'm Not Happy to See You  (Read 132372 times)

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP 10: Sorry, Guys, I'm Not Happy to See You
« Reply #275 on: January 12, 2008, 09:52:33 PM »
No go for NYC wow that is surprising!!!  :ascared  :(
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #276 on: January 12, 2008, 10:37:10 PM »
Peach

What they skipped in Germany (the rowing or paddling, whatever the hell that was) was skipped for all teams.

The rowing bit was skipped in Warsaw.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #277 on: January 12, 2008, 10:45:31 PM »

Could it not be TK/Rachel who are the ones running the 24 hour leg? Maybe they couldn't get on any of the flights in time and are doing the roadblock the next day, which is why it is day time for them? How could Nick/Don be so behind? Is the detour before the roadblock?  :duno:
:noway:

fwiw

Osaka taxi? white covered seats. If you could see the video, Rachel is happy.
here~

Interesting, how the cameraman films them from both the driver side and the passenger side of the car (taxi) in the Rachel shots.  If it's a Japan taxi, then he would be sitting on the left side, and on the right in a Taiwan taxi.  ;)

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #278 on: January 12, 2008, 11:01:24 PM »

Could it not be TK/Rachel who are the ones running the 24 hour leg? Maybe they couldn't get on any of the flights in time and are doing the roadblock the next day, which is why it is day time for them? How could Nick/Don be so behind? Is the detour before the roadblock?  :duno:
:noway:

fwiw

Osaka taxi? white covered seats. If you could see the video, Rachel is happy.
here~

Interesting, how the cameraman films them from both the driver side and the passenger side of the car (taxi) in the Rachel shots.  If it's a Japan taxi, then he would be sitting on the left side, and on the right in a Taiwan taxi.  ;)

I agree. I think that they just took footage from two different taxi rides, not only from the filming angle, but from the fact that TK/Rachel have two different sets of clothes on (first taxi TK has eagle, Rachel has two tank tops on; second taxi TK has no eagle, Rachel has one different tank on). First taxi is...somewhere, possibly after the RB. Second taxi takes place before the RB (Rachel has on the same tank top as in the previews). Funnily enough, I think Rachel changes again (to a short-sleeved shirt) before the theraputic walk, which could mean they're behind or bunched or that she just likes to change shirts a lot  :duno: ;)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #279 on: January 12, 2008, 11:16:19 PM »
Peach

What they skipped in Germany (the rowing or paddling, whatever the hell that was) was skipped for all teams.

:groan:

All  I was thinking was ok nazi's.  But ddin't remember where they went.   :umn:

The rowing bit was skipped in Warsaw.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #280 on: January 12, 2008, 11:33:50 PM »

About time you showed up for work  ;)

Trivia: So the THSR looks the same coming and going

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #281 on: January 13, 2008, 07:11:45 AM »

As to why the showed Tk & Rachel doing their tasks, they usually do if the team isn't going to be eliminated (especially this team into the season when the cast is so small) show teams doing the tasks (that way we don't bitch, did they do it or not).  Really the only exception is the final leg and the third team (at the final tasks) because really by that point do we really care if Ray & Yolanda kew their flags, or if the Weavers could finally make a map, or if Bama did anything in New York.

For example Eric & Danielle were 3 hours behind (thanks to flights in Hong Kong) yet we saw them at every task.  And of course in the 2 legs really screwed up by the airport nightmare in All Stars we got to see the teams do all the same tasks.  What they skipped in Germany (the rowing or paddling, whatever the hell that was) was skipped for all teams.

I think the only way a team skips tasks is if they are way behind and are going to be eliminated.  CBS played it as if TK/Rachel were going to be eliminated, yet we saw them doing tasks because they were not eliminated.

Then there was Romber who skipped a task, conned another team into doing the same, and was not eliminated on that leg.  It pays to know the rules.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #282 on: January 13, 2008, 08:44:43 AM »
Is CBS misleading us or are we that smart?

Here is a quote from the Ep11 #3 thread

If you read RealityWanted.net, there is a good interview with Kynt and Vyxsin. Kynt ends it with a statement that "the next 3 episodes(meaning the final 3) are all going to be "nail-biters". I can't use that word to describe what happened in Osaka, but I can apply that expectation to both Taipei and Alaska.

What we have predicted for a Don/Nic way behind scenario does not mesh with the Goth interview.  CBS has been pretty good at using yellow filters, showing only one team per clip, etc. to tell the story they want to tell.  Hmmm.

Offline Oliver

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #283 on: January 13, 2008, 09:20:20 AM »
Hey guys, I just checked my TV guide and for all the channels (CBS, CTV, etc.) say the Amazing Race 12 is going to be from 8pm-8:30 (half an hour long...) today. Is this true? :(

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #284 on: January 13, 2008, 10:40:16 AM »
No it isn't true.  AR will start on time at 8pm and run for a full hour (minus of course commercials).

Offline Oliver

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #285 on: January 13, 2008, 10:44:06 AM »
No it isn't true.  AR will start on time at 8pm and run for a full hour (minus of course commercials).

OK, Thanks! I was wondering and I was thinking "Is this because of a TBC leg?..."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #286 on: January 13, 2008, 10:55:45 AM »
Is CBS misleading us or are we that smart?

Here is a quote from the Ep11 #3 thread

If you read RealityWanted.net, there is a good interview with Kynt and Vyxsin. Kynt ends it with a statement that "the next 3 episodes(meaning the final 3) are all going to be "nail-biters". I can't use that word to describe what happened in Osaka, but I can apply that expectation to both Taipei and Alaska.

What we have predicted for a Don/Nic way behind scenario does not mesh with the Goth interview.  CBS has been pretty good at using yellow filters, showing only one team per clip, etc. to tell the story they want to tell.  Hmmm.

Even Nathan tells us, in the web clip, this iis going to be a nail-biter.
I don't know that the filters mean anything but Don/Nic are pinkish or is it orangeish? whatever.
Chris & Ron are purplish
Jen & Nate are blueish
Rachel & TK are yellowish
(vidcaps here)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #287 on: January 13, 2008, 11:02:32 AM »
I guess with the plan not to have the Final 3 teams on TES, we can only make the following accurate assumption:  Nathan & Jennifer will make the Final 3.  They are one of the strongest teams, and they are the annoying/villain team.  This team tends to get to the Final 3, so why should this team be any different?  I just hope they don't win!

Other than that, it's anybody's guess who'll be eliminated, although considering the photo of Ron & Christina at the Pit Stop, I'm going to assume they also make the finals.  This leaves us with Nicholas & Don and T.K. & Rachel.  Although there are some photos which indicate that Nicholas & Don are way behind, we've seen them in Alaska.  Moreover, T.K. & Rachel have that Speed Bump to do.

Right now, I think T.K. & Rachel will fail to make the finals, but it could be Nicholas & Don.

Belle Book

Offline malice

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #288 on: January 13, 2008, 11:06:56 AM »
One thing that strikes me with puddin's awesome clips  :tup:is that the fact that Ron/Christina are the only team doing the Roadblock.

Are they ahead? Behind?  Or do the other teams have to wait somewhere else?

The following is quoted:
It seems clear that the flow of the next leg will be:
1. Taipei 101 for first clue
2. Roadblock in Jiji Town
3. Detour in Taipei at night (probably Speed bump here)
4. Pit stop at CKS Memorial
Sorry I am new here and have not figured out the ropes yet!

I am assuming that TK and Rachel catch up to everyone at the airport.  Earasing the 3 hour different.  The only item holding them back is the speed bump.  Soooo the race the finish line is between the Gramps team and TK& Rachel?

Is it confirmed that it is Jen's birthday?

BTW the sleuthing on this boards is absolutely awesome!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 11:14:26 AM by malice »

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #289 on: January 13, 2008, 11:28:32 AM »
If Nicolas & Don were sited in Alaska (and not a false spoiler, which can happen) we are left with three possible options.

1.  They are a decoy team (which might explain why no one else is witnessed.  Often the production has had the 4th team used as a decoy, with the decrease in budget we don't know if the production is still doing this (something to ask at Tarcon.).

2.  The finale leg does end in Alaska (which we don't know, even if some feel that it does).  Then Nicolas & Donald could be spotted, and also be not scene with the other racers (or the groups from earlier eliminations).

3.  They manage to make the final three.  Now with photo evidence and the breakdown of the episode this doesn't look good for this team.  But teams can be ahead at most stages of the race and hit one snag and fall hours behind (over the years we have lots of examples of this).  So things like teams getting lost, teams getting taken by cabs to the wrong location, having difficulty with tasks, penalties, having addition tasks can push a team that was doing well to the back of the pack.

With it being Sunday, we shouldn't get any additional info to clarify.

But I did put it in my personal order of what I think is most likely the case (1 being the most likely).  

And while I mention the possibility of a false sighting.  I don't like to question the accuracy of the spoilers (though they can be wrongs and in error).  Both to just human error and in people  planting false sightings (this happened a lot with the inaccurate accounts on All Stars by posters just wanting to mess with fans.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #290 on: January 13, 2008, 11:39:45 AM »

Sorry I am new here and have not figured out the ropes yet!

I am assuming that TK and Rachel catch up to everyone at the airport.  Earasing the 3 hour different.  The only item holding them back is the speed bump.  Soooo the race the finish line is between the Gramps team and TK& Rachel?

Is it confirmed that it is Jen's birthday?

BTW the sleuthing on this boards is absolutely awesome!

:hithere: malice
It all depends on what side of the fence you are on?
* I think Rachel & TK catch up, perhaps because of some hours of operation in Osaka, maybe they do something at the Umeda building as pointed out by Slowhatch per vidcap.
* I don't know who the race to the pitstop might be, for some reason I think Jen & Nate are involved but thats just my thinking... they almost always are lately.
* Again, I don't think its been confirmed if Jen's B-Day is the 27th 28th or 29th but shes a Leo if that helps and her myspace friends posted B-Day wishes on the 29th so? :D
And if you ask me, I think its going to be a real nail-biter because really we don't know 100% which team is eliminated :popcorn:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #291 on: January 13, 2008, 11:59:39 AM »
I guess with the plan not to have the Final 3 teams on TES, we can only make the following accurate assumption:  Nathan & Jennifer will make the Final 3.  They are one of the strongest teams, and they are the annoying/villain team.  This team tends to get to the Final 3, so why should this team be any different?  I just hope they don't win!

Right now, I think T.K. & Rachel will fail to make the finals, but it could be Nicholas & Don.

Belle Book

While I think you are correct about who the race comes down to.  I strongly disagree with calling Jennifer and Nathan the annoying/villain team (well the villain part anyway).

While you can certainly call them the typical bickering couple team (and of course that can be annoying).  What evidence have we seen in episodes or clips that would earn them the title "Villain".

Usually that goes to one or two types of teams.  

1.  The type of team that tries to use manipulation to get ahead of other teams.

2.  The team with the worst overall behavior.

And in this season (at least to date) that doesn't apply to this team.

We haven't seen them trying to trick teams (even told other teams about Azaria & Hendekea doing that with flights), no telling people not to help others, no stealing cabs, no pushing other teams out of the way, to bribing drivers, ect.  The closest we have seen is Nate talking about his "dream" of being in a race for the finnish line and throwing his pack to trip a team.  Really we haven't seen much of this behavior in this season now the teams talk about who they find to be underhanded and thats so far been Azaria & Hendekea (by some teams, and we have heard them talk about in clips giving false info to others), Ronald & Christina (who have admitted giving false info), and probably the most negative talk as been about Kynt & Vyxsin (about trying to give false info out).  Now in all those cases, thats exceptionally mild for what is normal "Villain" moments.

As to the overall poorest behaving team.  While they certainly bicker (and some times out and out fight), they tend to keep that internally within their own team.  We haven't seen them arguing or fighting with other teams.  And we haven't seen them fighting with locals.  The closest we get to that is hearing about them getting in a financial disagreement with a local over the bill for a phone (we don't see or hear about it, and we don't here them talk about inappropriate behavior so we can't judge that.  And then being upset about he cab driver who wouldn't pick them up.  And that was I can't freakin believe this, that is so unfair, type of comments.  

With Ronald and Christina (well Ronald), we see a team that hits all aspects of poor behavior.  We get internal team fighting (in as many episodes as Nate & Jenn and in just as hurtful manner), we have a team that fights and argues and cusses at other teams (all apparently one sided), we haven't seen a team fight or cuss back (the closest is Kynt insisting that he wait until they are finished with their transaction).  And we have a team that also gets mad and vocal to locals (we see and hear about this in clips.  And we hear about it being done inappropriately (So I think we can judge).  We have the only team (that I can recall in the history of the show) who fought we task judges.  We have a team that has made comments about that were negative about a countries people (Again clips were we see Ron talk about the French).  

We have seen a total of one episode where they didn't fight (episode one) and that might be because they didn't or it might be because with 11 teams, they didn't get much air time, who knows.  Even this last episode where Christina says they didn't fight they entire leg, wasn't accurate, as the airport scenes showed.  Though for them, this was indeed a better episode.  

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #292 on: January 13, 2008, 12:09:48 PM »

[/quote]

:hithere: malice

* Again, I don't think its been confirmed if Jen's B-Day is the 27th 28th or 29th but shes a Leo if that helps and her myspace friends posted B-Day wishes on the 29th so? :D
And if you ask me, I think its going to be a real nail-biter because really we don't know 100% which team is eliminated :popcorn:

[/quote]

Since question of Jen's B-Day has come up again I figured I'd post what I found in a California Birth Index.  I starred out the surname of Jen's mother.

California Birth Index, 1905-1995 at Ancestry.com
Name:    Jennifer Ellen Parker
Birth Date:    28 Jul 1984
Mother's Maiden Name:    *******
Birth County:    San Diego
Source Information:
Ancestry.com. California Birth Index, 1905-1995 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2005. Original data: State of California. California Birth Index, 1905-1995. Sacramento, CA, USA: State of California Department of Health Services, Center for Health Statistics.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #293 on: January 13, 2008, 12:10:33 PM »

OK, Thanks! I was wondering and I was thinking "Is this because of a TBC leg?..."

Is TAR 12 on today??
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #294 on: January 13, 2008, 12:15:35 PM »

Since question of Jen's B-Day has come up again I figured I'd post what I found in a California Birth Index.  I starred out the surname of Jen's mother.

California Birth Index, 1905-1995 at Ancestry.com
Name:    Jennifer Ellen Parker
Birth Date:    28 Jul 1984
Mother's Maiden Name:    *******
Birth County:    San Diego
Source Information:
Ancestry.com. California Birth Index, 1905-1995 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2005. Original data: State of California. California Birth Index, 1905-1995. Sacramento, CA, USA: State of California Department of Health Services, Center for Health Statistics.
Good job makz3d :yaya:

Kiwi, yes Sunday night, thats when TAR is on, here anyway.

Offline Oliver

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #295 on: January 13, 2008, 01:06:07 PM »
Yes, so it is 28th! For once I'm not wrong with my sleuthing!  :keeta:

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #296 on: January 13, 2008, 01:39:38 PM »

Other than that, it's anybody's guess who'll be eliminated, although considering the photo of Ron & Christina at the Pit Stop, I'm going to assume they also make the finals.  This leaves us with Nicholas & Don and T.K. & Rachel.  Although there are some photos which indicate that Nicholas & Don are way behind, we've seen them in Alaska.  Moreover, T.K. & Rachel have that Speed Bump to do.

Belle Book

I agree with you 100%.

Ron and Chris will probably be first heading into the final leg due to them probably being able to speak Chinese.

Nate and Jenn second again, probably not far behind or a close race between them and Ron & Chris. Jenn will probably bitch again.  :lol:

And I think the random curse of last intro team(only Adam and Rebecca of TAR 6 made into the final 3) will see Gramps sneak into the final 3...Hopefully!  :jumpy:

I think even if Gramps do fall behind, the nightfall would probably save them(its probably gonna be a long leg) and the teams are probably bunched again.

And it's for sure that the final 4 curse strikes again when one of these two more popular teams does not make the final 3.  :pull

And good luck to all the teams and everyone who supports them.  :tup:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 01:45:29 PM by jonnal »

Offline colav10

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #297 on: January 13, 2008, 04:05:32 PM »
We'll see if i'm right or not but I believe that CBS is setting us up and that Nic and Don are not eliminated. I bet they actually do make the final leg.

Offline teufel

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #298 on: January 13, 2008, 04:46:38 PM »
Yeah, I think Ron & Chris are gone tonight.

Offline Oliver

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #299 on: January 13, 2008, 05:30:33 PM »
We'll see if i'm right or not but I believe that CBS is setting us up and that Nic and Don are not eliminated. I bet they actually do make the final leg.

Let's hope so. Show starts in an hour and a half!  :yess:

I'm off topic, but I hope no one minds... Sorry! :js: