Author Topic: EP 10: Sorry, Guys, I'm Not Happy to See You  (Read 132368 times)

Offline Red Devils

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: EP 10: Sorry, Guys, I'm Not Happy to See You
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2008, 09:26:55 AM »
Hmm.. I don't know if anyone's pay attention to this small detail over the past 9 eposides... it just seems to me that Chris loves to add the phrase "Hey... Guys" whenever she sees another team(s); especially when Ron/Her were waiting for something.. be it @ the airport or @road block... (I swear it must be > 90% of the time).... So I am going to make a bold prediction here and said that the title is the words from Chris' mouth.... @ the exact moment where the intersection ( I am also assuming there's an intersection next leg) sign appears...

I think it's a race for the top 3 teams to get to the intersection and somehow I just think Nate/Jen went with Nick/Don (or other way around) to do the intersection, leaving Chris/Ron behind waiting for TK/Rachel, who actually caught up with all the teams in Taipei and may be even @ the intersection, but has to perform a Speed Bump before taking the intersection with Ron/Chris... so this has costs Chris/Ron to be quite upset about the situation n eventually said "Sorry, Guys, I am not happy to see you guys"...

This also explains another theory whereby Chris/Ron are eliminated in this leg as they lost to TK/Rachel in a race to the pitstop..... :wohoo:

hmm correct me if I am wrong.... :waves:

Offline jovian_w2002

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2008, 09:32:24 AM »
I'm not entirely sure if its an intersection though. Initially I thought it might be, but then again, from the past 2 seasons, intersections were performed by the final 6 teams. And there was the fast forward awards for the intersections. (Fast forward taken in the intersection leg: Uchenna & Joyce + Oswald & Danny <ALL STARS> and Tyler & James + Rob & Kimberly <Season 10)

Offline jovian_w2002

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2008, 09:34:16 AM »
For some reason, I think that is what Jen would say. I don't think Chris would be that "rude" to the other racers and tell that to them straight to their faces :P

Offline Red Devils

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2008, 09:38:43 AM »
For some reason, I think that is what Jen would say. I don't think Chris would be that "rude" to the other racers and tell that to them straight to their faces :P

Hmm..I understand your theory with Jen's being emotional and loves to bicker so she's the prime suspect in saying this, however, I just got a hinch that somehow it's Chris saying this title in a nicer way........ I think she has used this tone before in the race.... if u know what I mean???? JUst try and imagine she said "Sorry... Guys" in the same way as she said "Hey ... guys" during the race then you would know what I am talking about....

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2008, 09:43:16 AM »
Hmm.. I don't know if anyone's pay attention to this small detail over the past 9 eposides... it just seems to me that Chris loves to add the phrase "Hey... Guys" whenever she sees another team(s); especially when Ron/Her were waiting for something.. be it @ the airport or @road block... (I swear it must be > 90% of the time).... So I am going to make a bold prediction here and said that the title is the words from Chris' mouth.... @ the exact moment where the intersection ( I am also assuming there's an intersection next leg) sign appears...

I think it's a race for the top 3 teams to get to the intersection and somehow I just think Nate/Jen went with Nick/Don (or other way around) to do the intersection, leaving Chris/Ron behind waiting for TK/Rachel, who actually caught up with all the teams in Taipei and may be even @ the intersection, but has to perform a Speed Bump before taking the intersection with Ron/Chris... so this has costs Chris/Ron to be quite upset about the situation n eventually said "Sorry, Guys, I am not happy to see you guys"...

This also explains another theory whereby Chris/Ron are eliminated in this leg as they lost to TK/Rachel in a race to the pitstop..... :wohoo:

There's no need to correct you, Red Devils. I think you have called the second paragraph(beginning with "I think it's a race")  correctly. That makes your hypotheses in the first paragraph also correct.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 12:43:25 PM by apskip »

Offline Red Devils

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2008, 10:01:48 AM »

There's no need to correct you, Red Devils. I think you have called it correctly.

Really apskip?????? I just have this hinch that Somehow Jen wouldn't said something like "Sorry.. Guys" if she's not happy to see another team (I mean take a look at what she said in the preview when she gets upset or even take a moment to look back at what she said to Nate when she was  :groan: "push" B:) B:) B:) into the taxi)...... so the next logical person for me would be Chris/Rachel (unlikely) since I can't see the guys saying this .....

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2008, 01:08:42 PM »
maybe something happened at the intersection and TK doesn't work fast enough in Jen's minds, hence her blood being filled with hatred and wanting to pull the dreads out
or 3 teams got to the intersection at the same time and TK and Rachel pick a different team..

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2008, 01:15:49 PM »
Maybe Jen is mad, if its her for the title that is, that Rachel & TK had to do the speed bump, and they caught up to her & Nate, like the Goths did now giving TK & Rachel  the Goth like "witch powers"?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2008, 01:21:20 PM »
The intersection, if it happens at all, probably happens right at or after Taipei 101.  That sighting places a time constraint that is in opposition to expected flight arrival times (esp for TK & Rachel).

So, I'm just thinking that there would not be time to have the Intersection board arranged at some other cluebox prior to the 101.

The mystery to resolve is how TK & Rachel manage to get to Taiwan customs at the same time as the other teams.  Maybe there is the Asian equivalent of Polish Air and the flights will be discovered which make it possible after all.  That and a truncated Pit Stop would do it.

The fact that Jenn & Nate seemed to have to wait for the next team to arrive may have been a production-imposed edict in order to get side-by-side competing team shots.  Maybe a time credit or penalty was effected by this mechanism?   :umn:

I think the title quote goes to Christina.  Red Devils has the Christina way of speaking down pat.  So, if the Intersection is after Taipei 101 then they loose the footrace with TK & Rachel.  And if the Intersection is at Taipei 101, Ron & Christina could be eliminated another way after being Intersected with Don & Nick.

Remember how Dustin & Kandice tried to hide for a while from Charla & Myrna?   :lol3:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline jovian_w2002

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2008, 01:26:09 PM »
Look at one of Nick and Don's screenshots for the preview of the next episode. What time do you think it is? They couldnt have arrived late could they?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2008, 01:58:17 PM »
Darkness?  How could it be dark?

I'm starting to wonder if the Taiwan spoiler got the date wrong.  Could it have been Saturday July 28 when they were seen at Taipei 101?

If it was, that would ease up a lot of inconsistencies.    :(
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2008, 02:01:56 PM »
No, his friend clearly said it was on Friday because that is the only day he had to shop...

Could the dark be leaving for the airport? Since TPTB clearly have no respect for the 12 hour Pitstop anymore...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2008, 02:14:35 PM »
If this is a intersectiom,maybe Ron & Chris is ahead of the two couples

and cooperate with Nick & Don. And that's why Koqs' friend didn't see

the Asian team , is that possible?

BTW , I'm also a Taiwanese and a huge fan of Amazing Race. I can't wait

to watch the next episode!!
Welcome, ChunHan! Nice to see my fellow Taiwanese here.  :waves: :waves:
Just here to visit.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2008, 02:24:45 PM »
Without Chateau's expertise, but based on a sunset time of 7:06, then it looks like the teams arrive at the pitstop something like this:

Ron and Chris - 6:45PM
Nathan and Jenn - 7:00PM
Don and Nick - 8:00PM
Tk and Rachel - 11:00PM

If they have only the usual 12 hour pit stop, the teams would be leaving in daylight the next morning.  Where is the shot of Don and Nick (with blue tee shirt seen in other shots in Taiwan) at night from?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2008, 02:52:07 PM »
Chateau--I'm confused again....

The mystery to resolve is how TK & Rachel manage to get to Taiwan customs at the same time as the other teams.  Maybe there is the Asian equivalent of Polish Air and the flights will be discovered which make it possible after all.  That and a truncated Pit Stop would do it.

DID they manage to get there WITH other teams? How do we know that? Could they still be hours behind?  My brain hurts today! :lol: 

Or is this just a we know they need to castch up hopeful kind of comment --not that they DID show us that they caught up?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2008, 03:07:50 PM »
Well...

just looking at Rachel's smile and tiny little clapping hands makes me think they see other teams ahead in the customs line.   :tup:

That and the Taiwan spoiler placing them with Jenn & Nate at Taipei 101 a few minutes later.

Maybe Jenn has trouble in the customs due to the extra head she carries around for the occasions that the one on her shoulder explodes.  (complete rip off of some one else's post in another forum)   ;)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 03:11:01 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2008, 03:12:33 PM »
FOUR TEAMS PUT THEIR RACING SKILLS TO THE TEST FOR A CHANCE AT A SPOT IN THE FINAL THREE OF "THE AMAZING RACE 12,"
SUNDAY, JAN. 13 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

"Sorry, Guys, 'I'm Not Happy to See You'" — One Racer celebrates her birthday on the Race and the only gift she wants is a spot in the final three, as the remaining four Teams battle it out for a chance to run the final leg and win the one million dollar prize, on THE AMAZING RACE 12, Sunday, Jan. 13 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is the host.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2008, 03:19:54 PM »
Some sort of Jeep training course? This looks like where our big red door is. Who's with Nathan?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2008, 03:30:01 PM »
It looks like a random girl puddin. Maybe they have to drive the jeep with an instructor just in case? :duno:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2008, 03:34:05 PM »
Yeahs shes asian and not Christina, lol. Looks like a roadblock, I guess.

Offline bingo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2008, 03:37:52 PM »
About the intersection.  i think the show realized after what a disaster it was last year it should have been taken it.  It turned into a three hour yield for the Beauty Queens.  It would also seem very unfair to have a intersection basically saving TK and Rachel, but then again they did put two non eliminations right after each other [giving Danielle and Eric and free pass].   

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2008, 03:38:10 PM »
Maybe its part of a movie set?  like where they would do outakes :duno:

eta: there is a Central Movie Studio near Taipei
eta: I don't think thats is :p
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 03:45:31 PM by puddin »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2008, 03:41:57 PM »
Kind of like the Danny and Oswald FF in TAR11? I can see that. Why the hell else would they be driving a jeep through water

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2008, 03:42:45 PM »
Looks like the other person/woman is doing the driving. And they have on a diving mask of some sort. Maybe this is more of an escape underwater task than a how to drive a jeep obstacle training course?  What to do if you are drowning? I dunno...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2008, 04:02:06 PM »
Looks like the other person/woman is doing the driving. And they have on a diving mask of some sort. Maybe this is more of an escape underwater task than a how to drive a jeep obstacle training course?  What to do if you are drowning? I dunno...
I think they are goggles peach, I can't see someone acutually drowning in that shallow water.