Author Topic: EP 10: Sorry, Guys, I'm Not Happy to See You  (Read 132352 times)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
Re: EP 10: Sorry, Guys, I'm Not Happy to See You
« Reply #200 on: January 10, 2008, 05:38:08 PM »
I still think Ron & Christina will make the Final 3, Stayhungry.  Nicholas & Donald were seen in Alaska, and while that wasn't seen as a genuine spoiler at first, most people now think they'll make the Final 3.  Since T.K. & Rachel have the Speed Bump (and a three-hour deficit to make up), I think they'll be the next team out.  As I'm a Ron & Christina fan, I freely admit that maybe I'm indulging in wishful thinking by thinking that they survive and make the Final 3; but I'm willing to take the chance and say that Ron & Christina make it to the Final 3 and T.K. & Rachel are eliminated.

Belle Book

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #201 on: January 10, 2008, 06:16:59 PM »
Theres always that chance that the Nick & Don sighting was made up based on reading the spoiler boards, it was posted in October, well after the Alaska location was spoiled by Colby with solid evidence posted by peach, or it could be they are running as decoys? I guess it all depends on whether or not you believe that Alaska is End City? but who am I to say? I wasn't there.
I just can't wrap my brain around Christina & Ron being eliminated but then again I thought for sure Romber would win TAR7 even with the Ucheena & Joyce betting spoiler so what do I know :P.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 10, 2008, 06:18:54 PM »
but then again I thought for sure Romber would win TAR7 even with the Ucheena & Joyce betting spoiler so what do I know .

Those were dark days puddin. Needless to say Romber on TAR was my first "Dustin and Kandice like obsession" and I was so convinced that they'd win that I was waiting for Rob and Amber's taxi cap to come rolling up while Uchenna and Joyce tried to make up the money LMAO

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #203 on: January 10, 2008, 08:47:58 PM »
gosh I can never find the time to post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyway teams are heading to Taiwan were they go to Taipei 101

- Nate and Jenn say "Wish the asians could see this??

'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #204 on: January 10, 2008, 09:06:28 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that Rachel has a yellow tank top on while doing the jeep emersion stunt, and then has a gray tee shirt on while running across the stones.  She had time to change somewhere: perhaps she just got too wet and changed her shirt but not her shorts.  Anyways, it certainly makes it look that the stone run comes after the jeeps.  And, of course, it is now night time.  So it looks like a long day from Osaka to the Taiwan pit stop.

Offline Oceangreen

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #205 on: January 10, 2008, 10:26:34 PM »
yeh, gingerman.

It's also the case with Ron as he and Chris headed out of the car park. As of Nate, you would assume that
he had also changed clothes as we saw that he was immersed in the water.

The important thing to note is that the clothes that they wore on the task at Jiji township is the same as the one
back in the airport and also in TK&Rach's case on the train station at TAIPEI heading to Taichung: which means that teams most likely have headed directly to do the jeep tasks just about their arrival at TAIPEI.

Ron: light blue shirt with 'who's your daddy' sign (airport+inside the jeep) /SWITCHED TO/ dark blue shirt (jeep carpark+shops at night)

Rach: yellow (airport+taipei station) /SWITCHED TO/ grey (barefoot stone walk)

Nic or Don: not sure for now!

It would make sense that teams headed DIRECTLY to JIJI township (?after they pick up clue at Taipei 101?) for the task as it would give them plenty of time to come back and do the tasks/detour/speed bump at the night in TAIPEI. This is of course assuming that they arrived before or around 12 noon in Taipei, with an estimated time of 6 hours to get to JIJI township (about 2.5 hours) , do the jeep task (another 1hr) and come back to Taipei (another 2.5hr). Hence coming back to Taipei at around 6pm is just in time for sunset (6:40pm), which explains for their appearance at Taipei during the night.

It would also make sense that the producers would set the task at Jiji township towards the beginning of the leg, towards midday so that teams wouldn't be strangled in the NIGHT at the remote location if they were to have trouble doing the task.. or getting to/from the town. (noting that Jiji township is a good 200KM by HSR+normal train from Taipei).

This, however, does not go in harmony with Nic&Don's departure time from the THSR station. PERHAPS they were done already by 4:57pm???? (their body language suggests that they were entering the train though, which is headed southbound!?) If they were leaving for JIJI township at 4:57, they wouldn't be back at Taipei by about 11pm. ( BTW - I wouldn't be surprised if the 'amusement park' had already closed, hence having to wait until the next day by the time they got there). :meanwhile all the other teams are seen in TAIPEI streets, most likely before 11pm, doing either tasks(T&R) or just random things(R&C + N&J).

I think this next leg is one roller-coaster!!, I can't wait to see for myself.   

My guess is for this leg:

1st. N&J
 2nd. R&C
 3rd. T&R

4th. Nic&Don

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #206 on: January 11, 2008, 02:04:25 AM »
About this: The Umeda Sky tower in Osaka has a glass elevator which offers the following view about halfway down (cap from video here). Just throwing out possibilities.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline jasonk32

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #207 on: January 11, 2008, 03:20:18 AM »
as crappy as they are , better than nothing!

When I watched this scene in the clip, it seems that there's a shop on the left with a name "La Villa", I tried to find it on google, and I find this address: 2/F, No.18 Alley 286, 3rd Blvd Roosevelt‎ Road, Gongguan, Taipei (台北市公館羅斯福路3段286巷18號2樓) and that shop is a hair salon.

If that is true, I would be happy because that area is Gong Guan Night Market, where there are many food stalls, so we may finally have a food task in Taiwan!

I found the place~~  :yess: :yess:

the first two pictures matching the vedio, the "Romance House" is a cloth store, and "La Villa" seems to have changed their sign  :duno:

i marked the position in the map, the area circled by blue line is the area of night market, so they definitely went to the night market
hoping for some FOOD CHALLANGES  :jumpy:

Offline Oceangreen

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #208 on: January 11, 2008, 04:26:32 AM »
Wow!! great find!!! :jumpy:

Soon we won't even have to watch the episode at all!! (juzz kidding!)  :wohoo:

Offline Oceangreen

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #209 on: January 11, 2008, 04:39:24 AM »
 Hey Jason, would you know what that green line along the major road across from this place represent?
 Is it like reserved bus lanes? I'm not very familiar with google maps..

Offline jasonk32

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #210 on: January 11, 2008, 04:51:39 AM »
Hey Jason, would you know what that green line along the major road across from this place represent?
 Is it like reserved bus lanes? I'm not very familiar with google maps..

it's MRT green line, and MRT Gongguan station is at the middle of the map right next to the "9" in blue triangle
http://home.trtc.com.tw/INFO92/Lmap.asp?SID=039
in this map, La Villa is at the park near exit 4, where the number 316 is

it seems this is a possible task for detour, with Ximending as the other choice
Gongguan might be a food task and Ximending be a shopping task i guess  :duno:
(Ximending is famous for shopping and the streets are confusing)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 04:54:57 AM by jasonk32 »

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #211 on: January 11, 2008, 07:12:57 AM »
Jason and Ocean

I have really enjoyed reading your updates

thanks so much  :tup:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #212 on: January 11, 2008, 10:38:15 AM »
Good job Jason  :jumpy:
I have a clip coming of the Roadblock, not much but its something.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #213 on: January 11, 2008, 10:43:31 AM »
Pitstop! we can find this! They look very happy!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #214 on: January 11, 2008, 10:55:35 AM »
I got it!

It's at the CKS Memorial (CKS = Chiang Kai-Shek)

Picasa ref

« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 11:03:31 AM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #215 on: January 11, 2008, 11:00:56 AM »
Record fast Chateau, good job!  :yess:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #216 on: January 11, 2008, 11:02:48 AM »
So you guys think Nick and Don will be eliminated or Ron and Christina????????
Ron and Christina -- Nick and Don have been rumored to be in the F3 for a very long time now.

With all the new info on this leg, I think our early supposition of a Ron/Christina elimination may be wrong. Truly it is anyone's ballgame at this point and anyone of the 4 could be eliminated. TK and Rachel do have a huge time difference to overcome.

Wow! Lots of new info coming out--great job to all our new posters for the great detecting! YAY Chateau!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #217 on: January 11, 2008, 11:05:37 AM »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #218 on: January 11, 2008, 11:18:06 AM »
Thanks to the overcast the only time-of-day information I can find is from this shot which has a light on.  It's a weak suggestion that it is near the end of daylight.   :(

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #219 on: January 11, 2008, 11:20:48 AM »
Well the darn thing is taking forever to upload~

When ready

Online Videos by Veoh.com
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 12:00:57 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #220 on: January 11, 2008, 11:37:01 AM »
So fat chance for any times Chateau  :'(

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #221 on: January 11, 2008, 12:57:38 PM »
jasonk32, thanks for verifying my suggestion! Good job!  :jumpy:
I am very excited that I could locate that place by the small details in the clip! Looking forward to the food challenge!!!  :yess: Jason, do you have any ideas what kind of food the producers would make them eat?

It seems clear that the flow of the next leg will be:
1. Taipei 101 for first clue
2. Roadblock in Jiji Town
3. Detour in Taipei at night (probably Speed bump here)
4. Pit stop at CKS Memorial

The scene showing Nicolas/Donald (Don with orange T-shirt) at train station at 16:57 is clearly them boarding train in Taipei before roadblock, because in one pic we can see Donald has changed his T-shirt (from orange to black), so he must be the one doing roadblock and changed his shirt afterwards.

Since the source said that the teams arrived at Taipei 101 at noon, and we see all teams seem arrving Jiji in late afternoon, I suspect there would be some tasks for them before heading to roadblock. If this leg is very long, I think that would give Ronald/Christina a huge advantage since they can speak the language, that is crucial if they have to navigate in the streets in Taiwan, because it is very confusing in my opinion.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #222 on: January 11, 2008, 01:06:30 PM »
One thing that strikes me with puddin's awesome clips  :tup:is that the fact that Ron/Christina are the only team doing the Roadblock.

Are they ahead? Behind?  Or do the other teams have to wait somewhere else?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 11, 2008, 01:08:55 PM »
Christina seems really happy in that clip so I would guess that they are ahead.
I just can't see them being eliminated in this episode.

Offline Oliver

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #224 on: January 11, 2008, 02:11:32 PM »
So that means that the people doing the roadblock are:

Ron/Chris ---Ron

Nick/Don ---Don

Nate/Jen ---Nate

Tk/Rachel --- Rachel (Have they caught up? I think I see them at the airport in the preview where he says "time to start sweating", but did they catch the same flight as the others?)

It seemed pretty obvious to me that Don would take the roadblock since their new strategy (as said in the web clips) is to let Nick do the physical tasks and have Don do the tasks that simply need someone to sit through it. Looking forward to what Don has to say during the roadblock this Sunday.  :yess: :jam:   :jumpy: :wohoo:

It it looking bad for them(Nick/Don)? Is it likely they're behind in this episode again? Is there any chance (despite the rumors) that Nate and Jen get eliminated in this episode? I'm crossing my fingers... :angel:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 02:40:43 PM by Oliver »