Author Topic: American Idol Season 7  (Read 131178 times)

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: American Idol Season 7
« Reply #300 on: May 21, 2008, 01:09:26 PM »
Hi and I finally watched the show at 10 last night and started voting as soon as I could I used my landline and my cell and voted as much as I could for an hour.  So have my fingers crossed for David C.  although I do think David A did a much better job last night than he has ever done one night does not give him the win.  No matter how tonight turns out I think either of the Davids will be fine and have great careers.  Got my  

awwwwwww thanks for the Donut, rosesrred [for my sissy] :hugs: she will be back in afew to stay the night again! right now i am very PO'D.....clive davis ALWAYS picks dont let the sun go down on me....every freaking year for a idol to sing! it's like he doesnt know any other song to pick, NOT org at all!.....DA sung it...than he sung the org [it sounded just like a moment like this, from kelly season 1] than he sung imagine again!

this is what got me aliltte upset....if you go to listen to COOK'S songs last night, they were better! his vocals were great..DA could NEVER hit the notes that cook did [NEVER] i think DA would be big in a TV sitcom for little teens but he isnt going to sell a millon in cd's [just aint going to happen] there was NO reason for the judges to throw cook under the bus last night (:;) if you really want to hear them, and hear how GREAT cook's vocals were last night go to rickey.org [it is a  site with all thier songs click on cook and hit what song you want to hear, than go to DA'S song....i kid you NOT he sounded the same on all 3 songs last night! you still can hear him breath over all his songs...cant hit a high note..and still sings through his nose! i just hope that cook is crowned the winner tonight...

IMO cook did more over the 11 weeks than DA could.....sorry Simon but that was NO knock out! :meow: now Simon wants cook BAD to be signed to his lable...i am a member of the wordnerds...and the cookies it is our fanbase for cook! we voted like in was our JOB! thanks to all you guys here [i love this site] you guys are so SWEET! :kuss: i had to come rant and vent....thanks for letting me get it all out!

gosh i think i will have to have another few bottles of wine tonight for the finale :groan: all i know is....i so want to hear cook is the next AI!...cuz my hubby is going to think i am INSANE! cuz i really think i will be doing some crying if cook doesnt win this! :'( by the way both davids will be on larry king live this friday, with Ryan hosting for larry! look for me calling in under Trisha from Texas! thats if i can get through! to let cook know how much we love his sound and music...

i have been playing cook's cd's all day today...cant wait for his cd to come out, and i will buy them, plus i will go see him at a concert... sorry but i would NEVER spend money to go see DA! and i just cant get into what music he is going to put out, whatever that might be :duno: hell DA doesnt even know what he wants to sing!

all the Chris D fans voted for cook, as did hicks, carrie's and Bo's even jason's fans voted for cook i just hope we did enough, and WOW! this is the biggest vote in AI history, and they said it is very close... i hope Ryan calls the votes like he did with clay/ruben, cuz when it is that close we the fans want #'s...i still think clay won...cuz it showed in his cd sells did you guys know that clay's second cd sold over 700 thousand copies in LESS than one WEEK! WOW! it went on to sell over a millon Ruben's highest sells in cd's was only alittle over 600 thousand that is all cd's put together! ok RANT OVER lol for now :funny:

all sites have COOK as the winner in text votes lanelines etc etc,....BUT i cant trust that!...all i know is i hope i hear cook you are the next AI! love you guys :kuss: :hugs: :-* :waves:

sorry i wanted to say my prayers are with Luke.. i like his voice, and i thought he should have went farer, gosh so young, so much talent, i pray with all my heart, he will be ok! prayers to his family also! this is very sad news!
A Day Without Sunshine, Is..Well...Night.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #301 on: May 21, 2008, 01:50:27 PM »

:jumpy: Wow great job everyone with the updates :sucks

I will definitely tune into Friday's show of Larry King sunshine, good luck getting through

:'( Terrible news about Luke, I wish him well

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #302 on: May 21, 2008, 02:03:06 PM »
My thoughts are with Luke and his family during this diagnosis.

Oh my goodness!   :'(

My thoughts and prayers here too! Thanks for posting this Cherry. 
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #303 on: May 21, 2008, 02:39:41 PM »
UPDATE: sites are reporting that 100 MILLON VOTES came in last night :ascared WOW! that is HISTORY if it is ture, which i think it may be.. i know the last count was 75 millon if Ryan comes on tonight and says there was 75 millon or more votes that came in, i will kinda believe these sites! and they have cook winning!

also you want to hear about some DIEHARD FANS of COOKS.. some fans live in states, in which thier town boarders a different time zone these fans crossed state lines to vote 8 hours WOW! some even crossed into zones to vote for 12 hours WOW!!!!!!!....Simon just did a intreview with his girlfriend she asked him as who he thinks won, he said my head is saying DA, BUT my HEART is saying COOK!...i will go with HEART ANYDAY!..the red carpet will be starting very soon [on the idol channel] also remeber this, Simon ALWAYS every season at the final2 tells which idol just won AI!, he didnt do that last night, he left it open all he said was , that was a knock out he didnt tell DA he won or deserved to win AI!...one good night does not make a AI! [thats if you think DA had a good night] plus lets not forget, DA'S dad Jeff (:;) put out a statement before the show that DA was sick and lost his voice [lair :knuckles:] he only did that to make people think DA was sick, and that he brought it anyway! also after Simon told cook he was one of the nicest idols ever on the show Simon winked at cook! GOOD LORD i need HELP! LMAO! :funny: i am way to much into cook winning! but i cant help it, i am so sick of AI swaying the votes and i dont TRUST them either if the vote is this close, could or would AI pick who they want as the winner....i am fearful of this! BUT why would they want DA to win. Cook is STILL #1 on itunes downloads and sells. plus cook will make AI the most money, please i need you guys to pray for me! cuz i think i might be going INSANE! :funny: :funny:

i am STILL on pins and needles! will bring updates as they un-fold i got a ton, but way to many to type out!

Offline cherrypeep

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #304 on: May 21, 2008, 02:47:50 PM »
i love you sunshine and you are not going insane   :kuss:

i read about the 100 million votes also, if Cookie doesnt win i told my husband that i will never watch AI again, so either i am going crazy or just desperate for Cookie to win.

why is it taking so long for 7pm to come   :pull

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #305 on: May 21, 2008, 03:30:35 PM »

i read about the 100 million votes also, if Cookie doesnt win i told my husband that i will never watch AI again, so either i am going crazy or just desperate for Cookie to win.

thanks cherry. i love ya! back :kuss:.. i hear ya! i wont watch it again if cookie doesnt win [and yep i mean it] cuz i am sick of AI'S BS....so you are NOT CRAZY . either LOL.....its just that AI needs to let it be what it should be us voting, NOT about Randy, Paula, Simon or Ryan! :lala give back stories on ALL the top 24 idols..stop with all you are the one to beat, WE got EARS [RANDY] (:;) stop all the crap and just tell them how they did, and if it wasnt a good song, singing etc etc, let them no why, and STOP with it was just alright for me,[what kind of help is that to these kids] tell them what they can do to help these kids go farer, and STOP having favorites... i am saying this for the judges and even Nigel goes on the air and does the samething on who should win! :lala

just let it be who we America wants as the AI...you know we can get it right! i dont like that DA was pushed on so many people...i dont like the swaying that are the powers of the judges telling us who should go through and who shouldnt....theres to cookie :jam: one of the best singers EVER on AI! and there's hoping for a WIN! DC!!!!!! the REAL AI! :wohoo: :jumpy: :jumpy:

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #306 on: May 21, 2008, 04:53:19 PM »

thanks cherry. i love ya! back :kuss:.. i hear ya! i wont watch it again if cookie doesnt win [and yep i mean it] cuz i am sick of AI'S BS....so you are NOT CRAZY . either LOL.....its just that AI needs to let it be what it should be us voting, NOT about Randy, Paula, Simon or Ryan! :lala give back stories on ALL the top 24 idols..stop with all you are the one to beat, WE got EARS [RANDY] (:;) stop all the crap and just tell them how they did, and if it wasnt a good song, singing etc etc, let them no why, and STOP with it was just alright for me,[what kind of help is that to these kids] tell them what they can do to help these kids go farer, and STOP having favorites... i am saying this for the judges and even Nigel goes on the air and does the samething on who should win! :lala

just let it be who we America wants as the AI...you know we can get it right! i dont like that DA was pushed on so many people...i dont like the swaying that are the powers of the judges telling us who should go through and who shouldnt....theres to cookie :jam: one of the best singers EVER on AI! and there's hoping for a WIN! DC!!!!!! the REAL AI! :wohoo: :jumpy: :jumpy:

You guys are so cute and funny!!  I hope you know when I'm watching tonight I won't be thinking about David Cook if he loses I'll be thinking about you then I'll think about David C.  But he'll be just fine and we'll be hearing his music for a long time to come!!!

But none the less I love you guys!  These threads we are on are so much fun cuz you guys make em that way! All the positive remarks and allowing opinions with no meanness is well just heart warming! 

With that Said!!!!!   Gooooooooooooooooooo David C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #307 on: May 21, 2008, 04:58:16 PM »
i just read a statement on dail a idol..they also have the raw #'s up.... they said make no if's, and's or but's about it! david Cook will win AI!.. now i cant get my hopes up cuz i want to hear Ryan say it!..but they have been right in the finale for the last 4 years! cook is so far ahead of DA at dail a idol. that they said there is no room for a margin cuz cook is like 20% ahead of DA! gosh i am so hoping they are right, they said they stand behind it 100%...no question about it! that cook is just to far out in front! fingers crossed. everything is crossed even my eyes at this point! GO COOK!!!!!!!!!! :wohoo:

also at the Z text site they got Cook out in the lead..they are saying that the cell and laneline votes for cook are so ahead of DA that it kinda throws the text votes for DA.....still i got to hear this from Ryan tonight!

also at the DA boards alot of the kids said they fell asleep or thier parents wouldnt let them stayup for 4 hours to vote cuz of school, i knew that would happen :yess: that kid has 7-13 year olds voting for him, and they CANT hang like us!

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #308 on: May 21, 2008, 05:16:52 PM »
Oh my goodness!  I've been so slammed at work for the past several days, I haven't had time to come here and enjoy the fun!  Yeah, those judges were pimping David A to major extremes last night.  Sunshine, I'm right there with you in thinking that David A did more of the same.  He was VERY good at what he did (I agree with Simon that these may have been his best performances of the show), but it was more and more and more power ballads.  That's not the kind of idol whose albums I'll buy. 

David Cook rocked the night.  His song-writers choice wasn't the typical schmaltz that they've given every other idol, but I it suited him!  His U2 song...WOW!!!  I think even Bono would have been impressed!  And I thought his closer was right on. 

I hope Dial Idol is right, I really do.  If you've watched the final results show before, it's usually fairly easy to tell who the winner is going to be, but I think they're going to intentionally arrange the show to make it difficult tonight.  I'll be watching and I'll pop in here afterward to celebrate when David Cook becomes our new AI!  (I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE!!!!!)

Offline cherrypeep

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #309 on: May 21, 2008, 05:21:54 PM »
my son couldn't even stay on that late and he got through line 1 130 times before he had to get ready for bed.  i was calling on line 3 on my landline and line 5 on my cell phone and had a hard time getting through on line 3 but no problems on line 5.  I kept calling on line 5 until 10 pm CST since I had to get up early.  of course i dreamed that i was still dialing in   :groan:

im with you sunshine regarding everything crossed, i am going crazy, just want to know now, i have the pizza on the way and i will be all situated on my bed ready to be excited (hopefully)  :jam:

GOOOO CCCOOOOKKKIIIEEE!!!!!!!!!   :wohoo:

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #310 on: May 21, 2008, 06:11:00 PM »
 :wohoo: :wohoo: cook is singing with ZZ TOP tonight just saw the intreview with zz saying they are singing with cook! :wohoo: i am from Texas so is zz top! so it should be rockin! ace young is on right now, he said cook all the way! he just cant with DA! but alot are saying DA should win, BUT hey it was up to us! they the ones saying DA should win said he should win cuz of last night ONLY! grrrrrrrrrr you got to put all of the 11 weeks into this NOT one night! please i am so hoping for a cook win now paula is doing a intreview[now] she said it WASNT A KNOCK OUT for DA! and COOK WAS BETTER, she said she didnt agree with Simon or Randy about DA! being better she said cook, did something so different to do 3 songs that he hasnt done on the show before  :wohoo: :wohoo: who would of thought paula would be the smartest judge right now, she is now saying if cook doesnt win, he will so be another Chris D and be a very HUGE STAR!

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #311 on: May 21, 2008, 06:25:00 PM »
paula is doing a intreview[now] she said it WASNT A KNOCK OUT for DA! and COOK WAS BETTER, she said she didnt agree with Simon or Randy about DA! being better she said cook, did something so different to do 3 songs that he hasnt done on the show before  :wohoo: :wohoo: who would of thought paula would be the smartest judge right now, she is now saying if cook doesnt win, he will so be another Chris D and be a very HUGE STAR!

Hmmmm....I find that VEEEEERRRRRRYYYYY interesting.  Does a judge back-pedaling mean something????

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #312 on: May 21, 2008, 06:48:36 PM »
now Simon just said by watching it back on TV it WASNT A KNOCK OUT GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...... these damn people i am so over AI if cook doesnt win this!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #313 on: May 21, 2008, 07:03:07 PM »
As Seacrest opens by saying this was the closest competition ever....we'll know in 2 hours...  :jumpy:

WOW! 97.5 million votes! (Thanks to Sunshine and her family, accounting for at least 1/2 a million of them!)  :tup:

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #314 on: May 21, 2008, 07:13:11 PM »
now Simon just said by watching it back on TV it WASNT A KNOCK OUT GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...... these damn people i am so over AI if cook doesnt win this!

And the plot thickens...seriously, why would even Simon back-pedal on his proclamation of the Golden Child's knock out?  Ask yourself that!  Do the judges know the results before the show?   I wonder.....

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #315 on: May 21, 2008, 07:15:13 PM »
:congrats: Congrat's again to all of you :<3 Great job girls, amazing how you all stayed up and did not put those phones down :wtg:

:popcorn:  Yay it's finally starting  :wohoo:

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #316 on: May 21, 2008, 07:19:08 PM »
Why must they subject us to this drivel???  This guru thing is ridiculous.  Oh, of course, Fox has to promote their new movie... :groan:  :pull

But seeing the top 10 from last season of So You Think You Can Dance PLUS the Idol Top 12 in the opening number was COOL!

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #317 on: May 21, 2008, 07:22:05 PM »
Paula...sit DOWN woman!  She kills me with her dancing around to every up tempo song! 

Syesha looks amazing!  A little over-powered by Seal, but on tour, I could see her and Chikeze doing that song and having a great time with it.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #318 on: May 21, 2008, 07:23:20 PM »

Seacrest got his haircut  :angel: he looks hot  :funny:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #319 on: May 21, 2008, 07:53:58 PM »
I hope to see Seacrest on YouTube tomorrow doing his dance routine.  :lol: Took a minute to realize it was him.  :tup:

I miss Chikeze! This is making me want to get tickets for the tour.

Hey Sunshine, we could meet in Houston for the show!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #320 on: May 21, 2008, 08:16:22 PM »
Brooke and Graham Nash, I love them together.

:yess: The white feather caped fellow! "I am your brother!"   :waves:

Will we see Kristy Lee?

Offline GrandmawLily

• Sho2 BB updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #321 on: May 21, 2008, 08:33:31 PM »
LMAO @ the new "Pips!"

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #322 on: May 21, 2008, 08:50:47 PM »
I think David A has this thing in the bag!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #323 on: May 21, 2008, 09:03:23 PM »
Don't read if you don't want to know!

Rob, you are wrong! LOL

Congrats to our faithful RFF voters who went above and beyond to vote for David Cook! American Idol 2008! Twelve Million Votes!

Drinks are on me!  :cheer: :cheer: :margarita: :margarita: :margarita: :margarita: :margarita:  :roses: :roses: :wine: :wine: :wine:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 09:20:46 PM by TexasLady »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #324 on: May 21, 2008, 09:05:31 PM »
Heeee.....sunshine can breathe again! :hugs:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.