Author Topic: American Idol Season 7  (Read 131455 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: American Idol Season 7
« Reply #275 on: May 20, 2008, 01:28:55 PM »
 :wohoo: can't wait for tonight!

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #276 on: May 20, 2008, 02:52:14 PM »

:jumpy: Great updates guys :wohoo: I can't wait either :popcorn:

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #277 on: May 20, 2008, 03:26:52 PM »
UPDATE waiting for the countdown :wohoo:

Nigel said.......who would have thought with Cook..coming out with his OWN take on Hello.....than the outstanding job with E.Rigby.......than Cook put the nail in the coffin with billie jean....than sealed the deal with always be my baby!...and was the winner of ALW night [with singing Music of the night]

Nigel is NOW saying Cook should be the winner! :jumpy:

Nigel said that sometimes the judging can get ahead of it's self, and start prasing wayyyyyyyy to soon![like in Randy prasing DA wayyy to much] Nigel went on to say America has EARS it doesnt matter what is said to who tonight! this is me talking now lol...if Randy tells DA he can sing the phonebook tonight, i hope someone throws the yellow pages at his head tonight, i really dont think i can handle randy saying that to DA [again] :funny:

Nigel went on to say! there is so much more to work with...with a  Cook win! he can sing just about anything! Nigel said Cook is one of the nicest idols that has ever been on the show, that cook and his family have been through alot [his brother being very ill with cancer] yet cook stays HUMBLE! and he knows that what he is doing is for Adam [cook's brother his REAL HERO] Nigel went on to say....cook will have alot of FREEDOM on his CD...win or not! BUT and this is me talking lol...we GOT TO VOTE FOR COOK TO WIN!....if you guys have the cable channels idol tonight has been doing a ALL DAY thing on the finale! alot of intrveiws on the red carpet!

i so cant wait for tonight, got all the dinner [done] and now i am having a glass of wine for the nerves

there's to a GREAT NIGHT FOR COOK! :jam:

I know I and my sister are going to do our BEST to get you the WIN

i have 3 lanlines 3 cells

my sister has 2 AT&T GO phones [for texting] and 2 cells!

it is going to be up to the west coasters to pull us through for the WIN for the REAL IDOL COOK! so there's a BIG THANK YOU ahead of time! :kuss: :hugs: :-* :angel:

ROCK THE VOTE FOR COOK! :jam:

Donut [my sister will be here to post with us in about 2 hours! :jumpy: :jumpy:

A Day Without Sunshine, Is..Well...Night.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #278 on: May 20, 2008, 04:08:22 PM »

:sucks Great job sunshine omg you have everything covered, David A doesn't stand a chance thanks to you  :lol:

It's great to hear Simon and Nigel both agree that Cook should win this, so he has the support AI behind him :tup:

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #279 on: May 20, 2008, 06:51:16 PM »
hi  everyone. it is Donut, sunshine's sister so happy to be here my sister LOVES this site, she is so into BB..and she said this is the best site ever, i think she might have me hooked on bb for the next season, i will have to come here and get the feeds and donate.....remember ROCK the VOTE for DAVID COOK.......the real AI! i hope my typing was ok, we are having a great time.....and afew glasses of wine! sunshine told me to tell you guys she will update you on who is in the lead at the busy single sites! i have never voted like this, but i also think cook should win this! have a great time :waves:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #280 on: May 20, 2008, 07:02:54 PM »
hi  everyone. it is Donut, sunshine's sister so happy to be here my sister LOVES this site, she is so into BB..and she said this is the best site ever, i think she might have me hooked on bb for the next season, i will have to come here and get the feeds and donate.....remember ROCK the VOTE for DAVID COOK.......the real AI! i hope my typing was ok, we are having a great time.....and afew glasses of wine! sunshine told me to tell you guys she will update you on who is in the lead at the busy single sites! i have never voted like this, but i also think cook should win this! have a great time :waves:

:jumpy: Well hello Donut and a big  :welcome3: to you, we have been waiting for your arrival  :wohoo:

Thanks for the kind words about RFF and we would love to see you along with your sis as a regular here  :kuss:

:ascared OMG the show is starting, have fun girls and we look forward to your updates  :jumpy: :sucks :wohoo:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #281 on: May 20, 2008, 08:31:54 PM »
LOL.. Hi Donut! Happy to meet you! (Now I want a dadgum donut!!) :jam:

Here's a little wine for you and your sister while you dial your fingers off.  :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine:

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #282 on: May 20, 2008, 08:39:18 PM »
LOL.. Hi Donut! Happy to meet you! (Now I want a dadgum donut!!) :jam:

Here's a little wine for you and your sister while you dial your fingers off.  :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine:

LMAO!! thank you so much VOTE VOTE FOR COOK!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for the wine, lol i got alot over here lol

hi it's sunshine thanks to aLL my friends i love you guys! VOTE VOTE for COOK! :hugs: :kuss: :-* :jam: :waves:

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #283 on: May 20, 2008, 08:45:41 PM »
well i am sorry BUT DA did the same ole same ole yes very nice BUT not the winner i just cant with him! ROCK THAT VOTE FOR COOK! :jam: boy i think we are going to have a headache tomorrow lol :funny:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #284 on: May 20, 2008, 08:47:39 PM »

LMAO!! thank you so much VOTE VOTE FOR COOK!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for the wine, lol i got alot over here lol

hi it's sunshine thanks to aLL my friends i love you guys! VOTE VOTE for COOK! :hugs: :kuss: :-* :jam: :waves:

:funny: you guys are some serious AI fans  :jumpy:

I loved the 3rd song Cook sang The world I know I had to download that one  :wohoo:

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #285 on: May 20, 2008, 09:26:46 PM »

:funny: you guys are some serious AI fans  :jumpy:

I loved the 3rd song Cook sang The world I know I had to download that one  :wohoo:

ca bb fan. I LOVE YA!!!!!!! :kuss: BUT VOTE VOTE VOTE for COOK! LMAO! boy i hope i am spelling ok cuz i am going to feel like shi7 tomorrow lol cook was better. i cant handle all that slow stuff, plus cook can sing in a low. middle, and high range pure control and what a DAMN SWEET GUY!!!!!  GO COOKIE!!!!!!!! :yess: :jumpy: :jumpy: i cant get through on any lanelines grrrrrrr.... so many people are trying to get on dail a idol that it is over loaded..got to wait to see who is leading... damn i love COOK!  :wohoo:

Offline cherrypeep

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #286 on: May 20, 2008, 09:42:37 PM »
i am getting through non stop on the 05 number and my son got through 130 times on the 01 number, but he is going to bed now.  keep voting.............. GO COOKIE!!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #287 on: May 20, 2008, 09:46:28 PM »
I've voted 25 times now but it took over 50 tries to get those votes in, all the lines are so busy!

(Preparing a few things for tomorrow for Sunshine and Donut...)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #288 on: May 20, 2008, 09:51:13 PM »
Keep dialing, dialidol has David C ahead!  :lol:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #289 on: May 20, 2008, 10:08:00 PM »

ca bb fan. I LOVE YA!!!!!!! :kuss: BUT VOTE VOTE VOTE for COOK! LMAO! boy i hope i am spelling ok cuz i am going to feel like shi7 tomorrow lol cook was better. i cant handle all that slow stuff, plus cook can sing in a low. middle, and high range pure control and what a DAMN SWEET GUY!!!!!  GO COOKIE!!!!!!!! :yess: :jumpy: :jumpy: i cant get through on any lanelines grrrrrrr.... so many people are trying to get on dail a idol that it is over loaded..got to wait to see who is leading... damn i love COOK!  :wohoo:

awww we have got the best Idol fans here on RFF you guys were so much fun this season  :hugs:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #290 on: May 20, 2008, 10:09:20 PM »
I've voted 25 times now but it took over 50 tries to get those votes in, all the lines are so busy!

(Preparing a few things for tomorrow for Sunshine and Donut...)

:jumpy: Oh how exciting I can't wait to see  :wohoo:

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #291 on: May 20, 2008, 11:20:54 PM »
UPDATE COOK IS LEADING ........BUT we got to VOTE VOTE VOTE my sister donut has gotten through ALOT i am not getting through as much! but we are starting to get through more now [the kiddies that are DA fans are prob asleep ] thank GOD!....cant let cook down that guy deserves this!.....just wanted to say i love you guys and we are STILL VOTING :hugs:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #292 on: May 21, 2008, 12:09:38 AM »
UPDATE COOK IS LEADING ........BUT we got to VOTE VOTE VOTE my sister donut has gotten through ALOT i am not getting through as much! but we are starting to get through more now [the kiddies that are DA fans are prob asleep ] thank GOD!....cant let cook down that guy deserves this!.....just wanted to say i love you guys and we are STILL VOTING :hugs:

:yess: Yes your right the kiddies will all be in bed soon  :snicker:

Does it say by how much in votes is Cook in the lead or just he is in the lead.

:jam: You and donut deserve a big congrat's for all your hard work, thanks for keeping us updated  :hugs:

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #293 on: May 21, 2008, 01:01:52 AM »
COOK has 44.2 :yess:

DA has 33.4

gosh i HOPE the texting doesnt all go to DA!  :groan:

but that is the lead cook has over DA in busy singles :yess:

I am VERY TIRED...my Sissy [Donut] worked her Butt off rockin the vote for cook, it was her FIRST TIME LMAO! :funny: she did it like it was her JOB! rockin that vote for COOK the REAL AI!.....all i can say is, i HOPE and PRAY the sites are right, and cook has that lead over DA!.. i know DA sung 3 soft sweet songs tonight BUT [ NO] he isnt the AI!......Cook has brought it week after week...he did everything we could ask for, and more!

thanks you guys! i will post a update in afew hours to see what the final busy singles were for the night! as of now cook is leading all I can hope for is the west coasters to bring it home [the win] for our boy , cook! love you guys....have a WONDERFUL NIGHT/DAY! :-* :kuss: :hugs:

Offline cherrypeep

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #294 on: May 21, 2008, 05:50:10 AM »
Just checked DialIdol and the final results are for DAVID COOK!!!!!!!   :wohoo:

David Cook 40.93%

David A  29.37%

There is also a poll that asked if you thought that DialIdol's prediction of David Cook winning is correct...I voted yes and the results so far is:

65% yes
35% no

I am going to be on pins and needles tonight, its going to be the longest 2 hours of my life.   :pull

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #295 on: May 21, 2008, 10:06:01 AM »
Just checked DialIdol and the final results are for DAVID COOK!!!!!!!   :wohoo:

David Cook 40.93%

David A  29.37%

There is also a poll that asked if you thought that DialIdol's prediction of David Cook winning is correct...I voted yes and the results so far is:

65% yes
35% no

I am going to be on pins and needles tonight, its going to be the longest 2 hours of my life.   :pull

hi cherry :wohoo: yep i saw that also, at Z [that is a site that shows texting they got Cook ahead also] BUT i CANT rest easy untill Ryan says COOK YOU ARE THE NEXT AI! cuz we just cant be sure on the text vote it is to close.....plus did you see the AI news today it said IDOL SHOCKER TONIGHT WTH?? i hope that means that AI'S little chosen one DA isnt going to win this......and A REAL IDOL [COOK] WINS i am on pins and needles also...yep i hear ya! and they are both named david so ryan is going to drag the hell out of that to get to the last name :pull all i know is cook is the REAL winner Simon just did a intreveiw he said cook will be just GREAT even if he doesnt get the title, there is alot in store for him, BUT i dont care! i want a FREAKING WIN, a TITLE for COOK (:;) i'll be right there with ya! going crazy for 2 freaking hours tonight! :pull

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #296 on: May 21, 2008, 10:28:54 AM »
Hi and I finally watched the show at 10 last night and started voting as soon as I could I used my landline and my cell and voted as much as I could for an hour.  So have my fingers crossed for David C.  although I do think David A did a much better job last night than he has ever done one night does not give him the win.  No matter how tonight turns out I think either of the Davids will be fine and have great careers.  Got my  

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #297 on: May 21, 2008, 11:29:30 AM »
According to Fox News, 75 million votes at 11:07 AM EDT and still counting!

As Cherry says DialIdol predicts David Cook

Hitwise predicts very close call, but gives the edge to David Cook.

When we look at what search terms are associated with each contestant's name, the call on who will win this week's vote becomes even more muddled. Of the 325 searches that we analyzed for David Cook, there is a strong interest in his music, as well as the plight of his brother who is battling cancer. While David Archuleta leads in volume of searches, the nature of the 231 searches on his name that we analyzed show a negative focus on the contestant's meddling father.

Based on the data we analyzed this week's contest will come down to this week's performance. If there are no surprises in their last songs, slight advantage to David Cook.

http://weblogs.hitwise.com/bill-tancer/2008/05/archuleta_v_cook_battle_of_the.html

David A sang his heart out last night and both gave their best performance yet. I wish Cookie had sang Billie Jean but I understand why he didn't.

It might have been a bland season the finale certainly isn't!!  :sucks

Offline cherrypeep

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #298 on: May 21, 2008, 12:44:44 PM »
The local Fox channel here in Austin interviewed Byrd, the voice coach, this morning and Byrd made a good point.  She said that the season that Ruben won, Clay was the favorite and everyone thought he was the hands down winner and we know how that turned out.  She said don't be surprised if we see the same outcome this season, anything can happen with the votes.

I so hope she is right about that one.

Offline cherrypeep

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #299 on: May 21, 2008, 12:53:01 PM »
I just found this blog about Luke Menard:

Luke Menard
Tuesday, May 20, 2008 4:06 PM
It is being reported by TMZ and several fans in Luke's hometown that Luke Menard has been diagnosed with cancer and is currently in stage 2. I am looking for more confimation this.

Update: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 10:55 AM
"American Idol" semi-finalist Luke Menard has been diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma, a representative for the singer's a capella group Chapter 6 confirmed. "Luke had a lingering cough and was having trouble breathing deeply, so he went to the doctor to have it checked out," Jane Victor told CBS News. "The suspicion was walking pneumonia. But after a chest x-ray doctors saw a mass and did more testing, which is what led to the stage II Hodgkin diagnosis." The 29-year-old singer, his wife and family remain hopeful, Victor added. "They've been told that it's treatable and manageable. Luke is currently in Los Angeles and plans to return home to Indiana soon," she said.

The 5-year relative survival rate of stage II Hodgkin disease is 90 to 95 percent, according to the American Cancer Society. Menard made it into the top 16 on this season of "American Idol." He was voted off the show on March 6, 2008.

My thoughs are with Luke and his family during this diagnosis.