Author Topic: American Idol Season 7  (Read 129955 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: American Idol Season 7
« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2008, 10:57:49 AM »
HMMMM!!!

Idol' Singer a Ringer? Album Already Out

How much of a ringer is "American Idol" contestant David Cook? His self-released album, "David Cook," is on the charts and the current season isn’t even over.

Cook’s 2006 CD, “Analog Heart,” was the No. 1 downloaded album all weekend on Amazon’s MP3 service. It even beat Mariah Carey’s "E=MC2."

Back when Cook auditioned in Omaha for "American Idol," he was identified as a bartender who happened to be a friend of Chris Daughtry, a now wildly successful post-"Idol" graduate.

It sure didn’t seem like Cook had a big career already — albeit regionally. He’d already appeared on a couple albums with a local group, and there was some vague mention of a solo album that he’d made himself.

But if "Analog Heart" is now being offered officially to proper downloading services — and not on just mysterious indie platforms — then Cook has to be behind it. That’s a first: an album out from an "Idol" contestant before the contest has concluded. What if he doesn’t win?

More importantly, what happened to "American Idol" simply being a competition for totally unknown or undiscovered artists? What fueled the fantasy for the audience was the concept that anyone — the waitress down the street who had a nice voice — could suddenly become a superstar. It was one thing when Carly Smithson (nee Hennessey) was revealed to have released an album five years ago. But for Cook to have one out now, I think, disqualifies him as a true competitor.

And P.S.: Isn’t this some strange way to get around the "American Idol" contract for management and a recording contract? In the past, "Idol" contestants had to agree to be managed by 19 Entertainment and give BMG first right of refusal for their albums. But a digitally available album made before the show and released before the winner is known? Hmmm…Seems like that bartender from Omaha was smarter even than wily Simon Cowell.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351917,00.html
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Jetgabriel

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Pamella and Vanessa for the win!
« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2008, 01:03:28 PM »
Cook and Arch are my predictions for the Top 2. And they were the best of the night.
Brooke forgot the lyrics... and Paula seemed to run out of compliments.
I actually thought this night was horrible.
I'm starting to like Syesha more, just because she's cherishing and enjoying every second when she is on that stage...

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2008, 02:30:02 PM »
Cook and Arch are my predictions for the Top 2. And they were the best of the night.
Brooke forgot the lyrics... and Paula seemed to run out of compliments.
I actually thought this night was horrible.
I'm starting to like Syesha more, just because she's cherishing and enjoying every second when she is on that stage...

:pull My DVR is giving me so many problems  :pull  Everything that was recorded on my DVR last night American Idol, Dancing With the Stars and Hell's Kitchen all recorded in my ever famous Gray Screen!  You can believe I was on the phone with Direct TV first thing this morning with a huge complaint.  Poor girl on the other end was trying to tell me I really didn't miss much on American Idol it wasn't anyone's best performance.  Luckily at 9:30 we turned to Hell's Kitchen and was able to catch the last half!  Geez I'm so frustrated. (:;)

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2008, 06:01:37 PM »
Courtesy of TMZ.com

JASON CASTRO: ALL BUT A MEMORY

American Idol" message boards are buzzing that tonight's "Idol" castoff will be Jason Castro -- and it's allegedly Ryan Seacrest who leaked it!

An email exchange posted on an "Idol" fan site points the finger at Ryan -- saying he blabbed that it's Castro that's getting the boot.

Only problem ... Ryan doesn't even know yet himself!

While Ryan has said in the past that he finds out who gets sent packing the morning of the show, we're told the only two people who know the big name at this point in the day are the two executive producers -- Nigel Lythgow and Cecile Frot-Coutaz.

In fact, Nigel told us exclusively who will go home tonight -- the person with the least number of votes.

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2008, 06:26:41 PM »
Thanks to E! News Online

The Brooke White Reboot: How Big a Sin?
Today 3:36 PM PDT

Fox, The WB
 To stop or not to stop?

The American Idol judges couldn't agree if Brooke White did the right—or wrong—thing last night by rebooting her performance of "You Must Love Me."

And there's not quite a consensus among outside singing experts, either.

"Unless it's a total trainwreck, I think you try to make it through," James Lugo, a record producer and vocal coach, said today. "Personally, I think starting and stopping is kind of hack."

To Gina Eckstine, a singer and vocal teacher, going forward is the only way to go. Most of the time.

"If there's no more, and you can't move ahead, sometimes you just have to admit it," said Eckstine.

White opted for the latter route on Tuesday. Some 13 seconds into her performance, she turned to the house band and said, "I'm sorry." Taking the hint, the band restarted the song. White made it through the number, introduced by Madonna in the movie version of Evita, without further incident.

After the song ended, Paula Abdul, the nice Idol judge, looked pained as she considered her words. Firmly but gently, she offered White the following edict: "You must never start and stop."

In a twist, Simon Cowell, the non-nice Idol judge, gave White a pass on the do-over, apparently because it entertained him. "This is why I love live TV," he said. "It was so dramatic—the beginning, you know."

Under questioning from host Ryan Seacrest, White said she restarted because "I lost the lyric."

Cowell claimed he would have done the same thing, and called White's decision "brave." Abdul persisted, telling White she should have vamped until she found the words. Cowell and Randy Jackson, the wild-card Idol judge, disagreed.

On the matter of to vamp or not to vamp, Abdul offered the best advice, the singing experts said.

"I'm not always in agreement with Paula Abdul," Lugo said. "But I am this time."

Eckstine was also on board with the "Straight Up" star. "Most of the time the audience doesn't [realize you've] made a mistake," she said.

The daughter of the late singing great Billy Eckstine, Gina Eckstine said her father taught her how to cover a muffed lyric: "If you forget the second verse, sing the first verse again."

In general, Lis Lewis, a Los Angeles-based vocal coach, concurred. But she reminded that American Idol is unique in that the judges, Abdul included, have tended to point out when a singer misses a lyric.

"Who cares? Except them [the Idol judges]," Lewis said. "The audience wouldn't care. The audience wouldn't really notice."

Lugo sounded a big amen. "Dude, you're singing cover songs," he said. "Who gives a s--t if you forget the lyrics? I think it's irrelevant."

Interestingly, on Tuesday's Idol, botched lyrics, outside of White's botched performance, were, for once, rendered irrelevant.

Both David Archuleta and Carly Smithson missed lines. Archuleta even mumbled through a rough patch. But neither was called out on the breaches. (Archuleta did, however, get a talking-to from Abdul during the first Beatles week when he sang gobbledygook for a few measures of "We Can Work It Out," and, to compound the sin, let the mistake show on his face.)

Lewis said she wouldn't even consider White's faux pas all that bad—"if she hadn't done it before."

Four weeks ago, White started, stopped and restarted "Every Breath You Take." The relaunch stood out less than Tuesday's because it came after White, providing her own accompaniment, had played but a few notes on the piano. Indeed, even White seemed to forget about the gaffe, saying that last night was the first time she'd missed a lyric. And, technically, she was correct. Her problem with "Every Breath You Take" was the key, not a lyric.

Whatever the case, both do-overs stood out to Lewis. "It seems to be a crutch she's relying on," she said.

Eckstine, who didn't watch Idol last night (not to worry—she TiVo'd), said she wasn't surprised to hear that it was White who suffered the meltdown. "She's been very unsteady and unsure," she said.

But will White's latest trouble be her last trouble? Will it seal her fate as Wednesday night's unchosen one?

"Unfortunately, if you're on a show like American Idol," Eckstine said, "you are being judged."

On every breath you take. Or not.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #130 on: April 25, 2008, 03:40:11 PM »
I felt sooo bad for Brooke stopping/starting her song, which wasn't a horrible sin, but it did hurt her chances of going to the end, imo.  I love the gal and have from the beginning, but in recent weeks, she just seems "down".  Perhaps her personal life isn't going good for her?  I just don't know, but my vibes say she has lost some interest &/or she is preoccupied with stuff going on in her life.  My heart is sad for her.
Unless she comes baaack in a huge way on the next show, she'll soon be saying :bye:
 :'(  

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2008, 11:16:09 AM »
I feel bad for her as well, I think it was the right thing to do to start over but it is the 2nd time. I wish she would not even try to play the piano, I think it is to distracting for her. (First botch)

I really liked her in the auditions, she is gorgeous, can sing but something is definitely wrong, nerves, demoralized, something.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #132 on: April 26, 2008, 09:28:28 PM »
I feel bad for her as well, I think it was the right thing to do to start over but it is the 2nd time. I wish she would not even try to play the piano, I think it is to distracting for her. (First botch)

I really liked her in the auditions, she is gorgeous, can sing but something is definitely wrong, nerves, demoralized, something.
Yep, agree with ya, TL.  I've felt the same with her using the piano.  It seems way too much for Brooke to concentrate on as an amateur especially with the huge stage & audience.  I say forget the piano and concentrate on nailing the lyrics.

Earlier on...when the stage & audience was smaller, I recall one of her performances when she did really great playing piano and singing.  Can't remember which song she sang, but just that she did an awesome job. The audience loved it. 

Well, I sure hope she can quickly pull out of whatever's bugging her & give a WOW performance next week!  I wish her the very best of luck!   

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #133 on: April 27, 2008, 07:45:47 PM »
I know I'm coming in late on the conversation here, but just had a few thoughts...

Brook White is a bundle of nerves.  I love her and agree with the judges that her vibe is totally a throwback, but she's got to get the nerves under control if she wants to succeed.  On the other hand, outside of the pressure of the competition, she might perform before large audiences and be absolutely fantastic.  I'll reserve final judgement on her until I see her perform after Idol.

I'm liking David A. less and less every week.  He's great at the big power- ballads, but that seems to be all he does.  It would seem to me that I might need a pot of coffee and a box of No-Doz just to listen to his entire CD.  I think the Idol needs to be more than a balladeer.  Unfortunately, it seems that the voters don't agree with me, but if he wins, he'll just continue the downward spiral started by the winners since Carrie Underwood.  Sorry if that's harsh, JMHO.

As for David Cook, I don't see the big deal about his CD being available.  First of all, in today's media driven world, anybody with a halfway decent sound system can record a CD.  It seems like everywhere you go, local groups have CDs now...that didn't happen 15 or 20 years ago.  Also, he's not the only Idol to have a CD available at the same time that they competed on Idol.  Constantine's band Pray for the Soul of Betty hit huge paydirt with a spike in their CD sales when he was on the show.  Bo Bice had a CD out before the show, and even the very first Idol, Kelly Clarkson, had her scandalous "session tapes" come out around the time of her win.  This season, we had Carly Smithson's video from her previously recorded CD running all over YouTube just after she was chosen as a contestant.  The only rule for the Idol contestants is that they cannot currently have a recording contract.  David Cook passed that criteria so I don't see the problem. 

I so love Jason...he is much like David A. in that he has a very specific style, and this can be both a positive and a negative.  He has proven over the weeks that he's not about to change himself for the competition and fans like that.  They like to know what to expect post-Idol from the contestant and use that to judge and vote for their favs.  The downside of that is the fact that Jason doesn't seem very versitile.  He may make it big with one or possibly two hit songs, but 10 years from now, no one will remember him because his style doesn't seem to fit with the major markets out there today.  I'm not sure what a record label or promoter would know what to do with him. 

Syesha...well, I think she should have gone before Carly.  She seems better suited for theatrical productions (which is why she did well with ALW week!) but doesn't have any idea how to connect with the music and her audience when she's just being herself.  As much as I enjoyed her performance of "One Rock and Roll Too Many", I've found the rest of her performances to be less than extraordinary. 

At this point, I do agree with those who see a David vs. David final.  At this point, I have to give the edge to David A., but I do see his hype waning.  It's going to depend on whether the early support sustains enough momentum behind it to ride the wave all the way to the end.  If David A's fan base slips, I see David C's fans ready to pounce!

OK, enough from me!  Wow, when I step on my soapbox, I really let it fly, don't I?  :-[ I'll go sit back now and wait for any descenders.   :angel:  :hugs:  :-*

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #134 on: April 27, 2008, 10:33:03 PM »
vanillalatte ditto to what you said and I couldn't have said it better myself

Offline Jetgabriel

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Pamella and Vanessa for the win!
« Reply #135 on: April 28, 2008, 09:09:39 AM »
Since I have literally no idea of who Neil Diamond is, can anyone name a famous song of his?

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #136 on: April 28, 2008, 09:27:38 AM »
Since I have literally no idea of who Neil Diamond is, can anyone name a famous song of his?

Just to name a few:

Cracklin Rose
Song Sung Blue
Sweet Caroline
Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show
I am I said

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #137 on: April 28, 2008, 09:55:00 AM »
You would definitely know Sweet Caroline!  Every karaoke bar I've ever been to, someone sings that song and the whole bar sings along....

Sweeeeeet Caroliiiine....DA DA DAHHHHHHH! :jam: :jam: :jam:

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #138 on: April 28, 2008, 11:37:31 AM »
You would definitely know Sweet Caroline!  Every karaoke bar I've ever been to, someone sings that song and the whole bar sings along....

Sweeeeeet Caroliiiine....DA DA DAHHHHHHH! :jam: :jam: :jam:
:piano:  Good times never seemed so goooood....Haaaappyyy am I do do dooooo....

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #139 on: April 30, 2008, 11:03:24 AM »
Oh my poor Paula she was back to her old self last night   :margarita: 

Even Randy and Simon were trying to help her then Ryan felt the need!

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #140 on: April 30, 2008, 11:09:55 AM »
Oh, Paula!!!   :groan:  When it takes Simon, Randy, AND Ryan to get her back on track...oh, that's a problem. 

If there is any justice in this competition, Jason Castro goes home tonight...however, this is American Idol we're talking about.  I think it might be Brook.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #141 on: April 30, 2008, 12:11:50 PM »
Paula=Train wreck! Paula! "It's so hard!!!" Not really, I make notes, (sometimes I can't READ them but I write them as they actually sing!)  :angel: Please someone do an intervention because I like Paula, she cares about the contestants and generally gives them praise, unlike Simon who has been even more caustic this year than usual.

Jason SHOULD be gone, he was memorable only because he was completely blah! I predict it will be Brooke though.    :ascared

Sayesha is getting better with every performance and I see that David A is in the bottom 3 at DialIdol but he's not leaving.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #142 on: April 30, 2008, 12:43:24 PM »
RETHINKING 'IDOL'

Post Staff Writer

April 28, 2008 --

THE producers of "American Idol" - worried about sinking ratings - are considering some major changes to the show, including making the auditions flashbacks.

Execs for Fox have quietly begun taking audience surveys to see how fans might react to a number of changes in the hit show's format, according to a report yesterday.

"Suppose the first few weeks of 'American Idol' started in Hollywood with flashbacks of the auditions," one survey question asks. "Would that increase or decrease your enjoyment of 'American Idol'?"

Though "Idol," now in its sixth year, is by far the most-watched series on TV, the ratings have begun to slip this season - the first time that has happened on a regular basis.

Last Wednesday's results show, which saw Irish singer Carly Smithson booted, was the lowest-rated episode in five years, according to trade reports.

"We're not in denial," Fox exec Preston Beckman told Broadcasting & Cable, the TV business weekly. "It's still the biggest show on TV, but that doesn't mean there are things we can't do.

"The feedback from this year, you'll probably see on the show next year," he said.

Among the other questions on the survey, a copy of which was obtained by B&C and posted online yesterday were:

* Is the banter among the judges too much or too little?

* And do fans want to see more of host Ryan Seacrest, or less?

The survey is being conducted online, the report said.

Those types of polls are notoriously unscientific. But the execs say they are looking for results that are overwhelming - one way or another - to base decisions on for next year.

The talent show is hardly in a panic about plugging the leaks in its ratings.

Even in its worst week, "Idol" drew 22.6 million. That's 30 percent higher than the usual No. 2 show, "Dancing with the Stars," a huge margin in TV terms.

And though it does seem clear that some of the shine is starting to wear off "Idol," the erosion may be beyond the control of Fox and the show's producers.

As one cable news analyst pointed out after the last week's Pennsylvania primaries, the Hillary Clinton-Barack Obama race has gotten so exciting, "it's even beating 'American Idol.' "

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04282008/tv/rethinking_idol_108461.htm

What do Y'all think would help the show? Something is lacking this year. I am tired of the auditions, they run far too long but some just watch for the stupid antics then don't watch the competition.

For me, there hasn't been a magic moment when you really see someone become a star in their own right. I'm thinking of Fantasia's Summertime, LaKisha's, Midnight Train to Georgia, Melinda Doolittle's My Funny Valentine.

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #143 on: April 30, 2008, 01:24:30 PM »
Well, for me, I don't know that there's something missing as much as nothing has changed.  Most shows (Survivor, BB, TAR, etc...) have made changes, whether they be small tweaks or big twists, to keep the viewers interested.  I think it's been a bit arrogant of AI to think that people will tune in year after year after year for exactly the same thing. 

Yes, there were some small changes this year including letting the Idols play instruments, and I appreciate that, but we didn't get to see that until after we sat through weeks and weeks of the crappy audition footage.  Personally, I'm really sick of that.  What happened to Season 1, when we got maybe two weeks of audition footage, and then went straight into the competition?  Two weeks I could deal with, but we had to sit through two MONTHS of it this year!!! 

For the most part, I'm fine with Ryan Seacrest as the host.  I do think the back and forth between him and the judges gets to be a bit much at times.  As much as I like the judging panel, I think Paula has embarrassed herself and FOX a few times too many (and last night was just one example of that).  Sadly, it may be time to replace Paula.   Keep driving, people....nothing here to see.

Overall, I think the focus of the show needs to go back to the contestants.  The judges and Ryan need to accept the fact that the show is not about them. 

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #144 on: April 30, 2008, 02:36:45 PM »
TL, thanks for posting that article.  Like you, I haven't been wowed much by any single performance as in previous seasons.  At least, most of them REALLY stood out.
(Well, Brooke stood out early on, but she has NOT performed her full potential recently at all. That has really bothered me and makes so sad.  :'( :'(  I love her and know she is capable of doing lots better.  I'm afraid she may be saying buh-bye tonite. )  

I started watching w/ Season 4, and loved it!  Kellie Pickler, and her dum blond remarks were priceless and her singing was (is) great.  And of course, my fav Taylor Hicks...although his career didn't take off like Chris Daughtry's and Elliott Yamin's, yet still...even Taylor was a  standout performer.  Elliott and Chris are big stars now!   :jumpy:  Katherine McPhee, Bucky, Mandisa, Paris, to name a few, all had standout techniques and presentation that wowed the audience!  Those were the ones I started watching and fully expected other seasons to follow that trend.  Guess I'm naive or something?  

Whatever, I miss what was before in regard to the performers.

And I'm sick of 110 weeks of auditions!!  :pull
 Like vanilla says, 2 weeks would be plenty!!

I do not have a problem with Ryan S. and think it's good for him to critisize/question the judges once in awhile.  If a contestant doesn't understand something they said, sometimes Ryan explains it or asks the judges to explain.  He's like an informal intercessor.  Oh once in awhile he talks a little too much, but mostly, he's good for the show.

Paula should be canned after her huge goof last nite!!  I like her appraisals, b/c she is more personal but sometimes, she appears to be a little tipsy!   

I wish I could've taken the AI online survey.  I wonder if it's still available?
Maybe it's at the AI site?  I'll check.

FWIW,
Ruday  :waves:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #145 on: April 30, 2008, 02:40:24 PM »
Overall, I think the focus of the show needs to go back to the contestants.  The judges and Ryan need to accept the fact that the show is not about them. 
Yeah that, vanillalatte! :tup:

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #146 on: April 30, 2008, 03:37:14 PM »
hi everyone :waves: i have been out of town for afew weeks! hope eveyone is doing GREAT!..i got a question? i dont get all this wanting David [A] to win american idol [sorry] yep! he is a ok or even good singer, kinda sounds like he sings out of his nose, and every song sounds the same to me, this is JMO! he is a ok singer for 17 years old. help me understand why? he is better than David Cook, [really i would LOVE anyones input]. i cant believe even randy [the judge] says he is the one to beat etc etc...i dont get it!  i dont think he even comes close to David Cook! i think it is great that people love the kid. and vote and root him on, [but] like i said can people really say he is  really better than Cook. JMO i think David Cook is one of the best singers EVER on AI, that guy can sing, and own what he sings, i dont see that in david A..like i said this is just a question as to why you think david A is better than Cook.I just wanted to see what others think . i am just asking a question, b/buz. i would like to know ages etc etc of people that are voting for David A. i am in no way bashing anyone. i just wanted people to say what it is about him as a singer that is great. thanks to everyone that responds. i wish him all the best for his fans. :hugs:
A Day Without Sunshine, Is..Well...Night.

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #147 on: April 30, 2008, 03:55:02 PM »
hi ya! TL thanks for that report, i disagree on one thing i think David Cook singing Bille Jean was GREAT!!!!, and a shinnig moment. JMO i still watch that over and over lol. i think that dude is great evey week IMO! i dont like the auditions. i wish they would start the show with the singers they pick for hollywood [their auditions in front of the judges, than go right to hollywood week!~...i dont like the singers standing backstage and coming out to ryan to find out if they are in the botton or safe.! you know that saying if it isnt broke, dont try and fix it! IMO AI is trying to do to many things! they need to get back to just AI.,and stop trying to change a show that people love! if anything AI is messing up thier own show. not the vewiers. idol should just get back to what it is about the singers on the show! i also dont like all the special guest singing [sorry i just dont] I think idol gives back is WONDERFUL. and it is great to see them raise money for those in need. but they make it look like a jerry lewis telton..with the idols doing the phones and all. i really think AI can do this wonderful giving back without making it a 2-3 hour teleton show. JMO!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #148 on: April 30, 2008, 03:56:52 PM »
David A was my favorite guy at first, but the last few weeks, I've been voting for David Cook.  Cook is far better overall.  He not only has a great sounding voice, he is IN CONTROL of his vocals more than any of the other remaining contestants.  He puts his heart and soul into his songs and even if he does not truly believe the lyrics, he sings them as if he BELIEVES every word!!  His voice is not pitchy at all...but consistently ON KEY.  Like you, sunshine, I don't get it that Randy or any of the judges say David A is the one to beat.  He is a very good singer, but NOT the one to beat.   His fan base is consists mainly of teens, esp the YOUNG ones!  And maybe the oldsters who don't like Cook's rockin style...and they're madly in love with the BOY: David A.  

Well, that's my take on it, sunshine26.  

I truly hope David Cook is the next AI!! :jumpy: :wohoo:

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #149 on: April 30, 2008, 04:17:07 PM »
David A was my favorite guy at first, but the last few weeks, I've been voting for David Cook.  Cook is far better overall.  He not only has a great sounding voice, he is IN CONTROL of his vocals more than any of the other remaining contestants.  He puts his heart and soul into his songs and even if he does not truly believe the lyrics, he sings them as if he BELIEVES every word!!  His voice is not pitchy at all...but consistently ON KEY.  Like you, sunshine, I don't get it that Randy or any of the judges say David A is the one to beat.  He is a very good singer, but NOT the one to beat.   His fan base is consists mainly of teens, esp the YOUNG ones!  And maybe the oldsters who don't like Cook's rockin style...and they're madly in love with the BOY: David A.  

Well, that's my take on it, sunshine26.  

I truly hope David Cook is the next AI!! :jumpy: :wohoo:

hi ya! and thanks, i also HOPE that David Cook is the next AI.. he deserves it! IMO! that guy just is great! his voice is wonderful, and yep! he is in control of every song he sings, plus he makes the song his own! i think David A..sounds the same everyweek! nothing new! he is ok , but IMO David Cook, should be the next AI>> and i am doing my best to make it happen for him [vote, vote, vote] i know people say he will make it if he doesnt win BUT it is not the same! i want him to have the title! if making it in second place is ok, than i say give second place to 17 year old David A...he will make it! he has alot of time. Cook is young [25] BUT.. IMO COOK should be the next AI

DAVID COOK>>>>>THE NEXT AMERICAN IDOL :wohoo: