Author Topic: AR #12 Ratings  (Read 36482 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: AR #12 Ratings
« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2008, 09:47:31 PM »
Well because I am anal.  I did a check over the ratings this season and the last two (10 and All Stars).

THe rating of 11,649,000 is the highest rating the Amazing Race has managed with out some form of Sports overrun (be it Football, or basketball in the spring).

In fact in the last  3 cycles (since we have been on Sundays) no episode has hit over 11 million viewers without a sportsover run. The closest has been:
10.9 million for episode 9 of season 10.

We scored nearly 600,000 more viewers then the highest performing non overrun episode since we have moved to Sundays.

It is also likely that this number would beat anything from season 9.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2008, 01:54:09 AM »
Well because I am anal. 
You're not anal. I like when you check the numbers. I'm glad to see TAR doing well as the fans have found the show once again.

Remember when they put the show in TAR9 when they put the show on Tuesday nights at 9, then at 10? Not consistent. I think Sunday at 8 p.m. is the perfect time for this show.
Just here to visit.

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: January 16, 2008, 07:53:25 AM »
If they include overseas viewers, Im sure The Amazing Race will be right at the top because of its popularity.

Its been shown here since TAR 3(not sure about 1 and 2 though) on a free channel that everyone can access to. I think the Singapore leg in TAR 3 helped!  :tup:

I remembered the first time I saw was Flo and Zach crossing the finish line and I was like, WOW! what a cool show and actually started on season 4, where my favourite team all-time has never changed.  :jumpy:

Still delighted that TAR has still been a hit with the fans after many seasons and with new locations and twist, hopefully it will last as long as possible.   :wohoo:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2008, 01:08:05 PM »
Jonnal

I love the fact that AR does well overseas, enough so to create local additions.  I loved the first seasons of Asia, while some of the tasks at first disappointed me, it very quickly (by I think leg 3) stepped it up and really felt like a very good season.

I can't wait for season two, I have downloaded the first 9 episodes, but am saving it until after this season so that I have AR during the break between US cycles.

I only wished I spoke spanish to understand the other local edition of the show.  I still watched 3 episodes, and enjoyed what I could f it.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #129 on: January 21, 2008, 01:13:39 PM »
Well thanks to football, we tanked in the ratings

Broken down by the half hour.
8pm
CBS – The Amazing Race – season finale
Viewers: 9.50 million (#3), A18-49: 3.0/ 7 (#3)

8:30pm
CBS – The Amazing Race – season finale
Viewers: 9.84 million (#2), A18-49: 3.1/ 7 (#3)

The networks average for the night

-Total Viewers:
Fox: 48.58 million, ABC: 7.94, CBS: 7.88, NBC: 4.51, CW: 688,000

-Adults 18049:
Fox: 18.6 rating/40 share, ABC: 2.8/ 6, CBS: 2.0/ 4, NBC: 1.2/ 3, CW: 0.2/ 0

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: January 22, 2008, 07:59:50 AM »
I would have expected the finale to do less well up against a really exciting NFC Championship Football Game; it did less well because that's what happened. I went over to FOX on every commercial break and of course was taping the game for later viewing.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #131 on: January 22, 2008, 09:04:19 AM »
I think the show would have benefited from a week hiatus instead of being up against the Giants-Packers. You have the #1 market involved, plus casual fans know who Brett Favre is so that hurt TAR this week, but overall, the season has to be considered a success ratings and content-wise.
Just here to visit.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #132 on: January 22, 2008, 07:59:23 PM »
ITA.  It should've been that following week.  However, TAR was already preempted this season and it would've been too much to have that happen twice.  Of course, some of the other alternatives would've been to wrap the season up the preceding week as a 2-hour special.  Naturally, when a two-hour finale would've meant 4 teams on TES, it went to 1-hr finales.  It would've been a non-issue this year since Nic/Don and Ron/Chris were M.I.A.  Or, they could've had the show on a different night, and finally, they could've kept the show in the fall period, having it wrap up on 12/09/07, right before Survivor China.

Anyway, what a great night!  Next year, however, should the schedule actually mirror this year's schedule, the AR finale would be around 10-ish, as CBS gets the late game.  Late, but very, very helpful.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2008, 02:37:42 PM »
Final ratings are out.  Here is CBS press release.

CBS HAS THE WEEK'S TOP FOUR SCRIPTED PROGRAMS
Released by CBS
[NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CBS HAS THE WEEK'S TOP FOUR SCRIPTED PROGRAMS

"NCIS" Ranks No. 6 in Viewers and Retains All of its Pre-"Idol" Season Audience

Parts Two and Three of "Comanche Moon" Win Its Time Period in Viewers; An Estimated 35.4 Million Viewers Watched All Or Part of the Mini-Series

CBS's Friday Dramas Win Every Half Hour in Viewers and Key Demos

CBS had the week's four most-watched scripted programs - NCIS, CSI: MIAMI, CSI and WITHOUT A TRACE - while parts two and three of the COMANCHE MOON mini-series won its respective time periods in viewers, according to Nielsen live plus same day ratings for the week ending Jan. 20, week 17 of the 2007-2008 television season.

Nielsen estimates that 35.4 million viewers watched all or part of COMANCHE MOON.

For the week in viewers, CBS (9.73m) trailed FOX (24.29m) but was ahead of NBC (7.76m) and ABC (6.21m). Season-to-date in viewers, CBS (11.48m) is ahead of ABC (9.91m), FOX (9.67m) and NBC (8.83m).

For the week in key demographics, CBS was second in adults 25-54 (3.2/07) and averaged a 2.4/06 in adults 18-49. Season-to-date, CBS is first in adults 25-54 (4.2/10) and tied for second in adults 18-49 (3.3/09, with both NBC and ABC).

For the week in households, CBS (6.3/10) was -53% behind FOX (13.4/21) and +24% ahead of NBC (5.1/08) and +54% in ABC (4.1/07). Season-to-date in households, CBS is first (7.3/12), +14% ahead of ABC (6.4/10), +24% ahead of FOX (5.9/09) and +30% ahead of NBC (5.6/09).

CBS's Weekly Highlights:

? NCIS was second behind the premiere of "American Idol" in households (9.9/15), viewers (15.82m), adults 25-54 (4.3/10) and adults 18-49 (3.0/07). Compared to the live plus same day season average of NCIS, this broadcast was even in viewers (from 15.80m) and retained 99% of the program's household delivery (from 10.0/16), 90% of adults 25-54 (from 4.8/12) and 88% of adults 18-49 (from 3.4/09).

? COMANCHE MOON Part 2 of 3 (S) finished first in households (8.0/12), viewers (12.56m), second in adults 25-54 (3.4/08) and adults 18-49 (2.4/06) from 9:00-11:00 PM.

? COMANCHE MOON Part 3 of 3 (S) was first in households (7.5/12), viewers (12.13m), second in adults 25-54 (3.4/08) and adults 18-49 (2.4/08) from 9:00-11:00 PM. Nielsen Media Research reports that 35.4m viewers watched all or part of COMANCHE MOON.

? CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION (R) was first in households (9.1/14), viewers (14.15m), second in adults 25-54 (4.6/11) and adults 18-49 (3.5/09).

? WITHOUT A TRACE was first in households (8.8/15), viewers (13.29m), adults 25-54 (4.4/11) and tied for first in adults 18-49 (3.4/09, with NBC).

-- Friday, CBS was first in households (5.9/10), viewers (9.39m), adults 25-54 (3.5/09) and adults 18-49 (2.6/08). CBS finished first in households, viewers, adults 18-49 and adults 25-54 in every half-hour Friday night for the second consecutive week. CBS has finished first this season every Friday with their first-run regularly scheduled line-up in households, viewers and adults 25-54, first in adults 18-49 with the network's first-run regularly scheduled lineup 11 Fridays out of 12 this season.

? GHOST WHISPERER won its time slot in households (6.2/11), viewers (9.91m), adults 25-54 (3.6/10) and adults 18-49 (2.7/08). First-run episodes of GHOST WHISPERER won their time slots every week this season in adults 25-54 and adults 18-49.

? MOONLIGHT was first in households (5.1/08), viewers (8.17m), adults 25-54 (3.2/08) and adults 18-49 (2.4/07). This is MOONLIGHT's best delivery in both adults 18-49 and adults 25-54 since November 16, 2007. First-run episodes of MOONLIGHT have placed first in adults 25-54 for the 11 times in 12 broadcasts and first in adults 18-49 the 10 times in 12 broadcasts.

? NUMB3RS was first in households (6.4/11), viewers (10.08m), adults 25-54 (3.5/09) and adults 18-49 (2.6/08). This is NUMB3RS's best delivery in viewers, adults 25-54 and adults 18-49 since November 23, 2007 and in households since November 16, 2007. First-run episodes of NUMB3RS have been first in households and adults 25-54 every airing this season, first in viewers for the last 11 broadcasts and first in adults 18-49 11 times in 12 first-run broadcasts.

CBS top programs of the week: #6 NCIS (an average of 15.82m viewers), #8 CSI: MIAMI (14.80m), #9 CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION (R) (14.15m), #10 WITHOUT A TRACE (13.29m), #11 COMANCHE MOON Part 2 of 3 (S) (12.56m), #13 COMANCHE MOON Part 3 of 3 (S) (12.13m), #17 TWO AND A HALF MEN (R) (11.51m), #22 NUMB3RS (10.08m), #23 GHOST WHISPERER (9.91m), #24 THE AMAZING RACE 12 (9.75m) and #28 WITHOUT A TRACE 8PM SPECIAL (R) (S) (8.93m).

Prime averages are based on the following hours of rated broadcasts in Week #17:

CBS: 22 hours

NBC: 22 hours

ABC: 22 hours

FOX: 15 hours and 51 minutes

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #134 on: January 23, 2008, 03:17:51 PM »
Did you see this mswood?

Roush Rules!!  :jam:

Roush Dispatch The Amazing Race's Grand Finale

Phil Keoghan greets winning team members TK and Rachel at the finish line by Monty Brinton/CBSIt’s so rare in the world of reality TV when everything ends just how I want it to. Cheers all around to the latest cycle of The Amazing Race, one of the most enjoyable runnings of the around-the-world competition in a long while. Rare for this or any show, in Sunday’s finale we were left with three teams you could easily root for instead of against. That said, my favorite team won, and the runners-up each walked away chagrined but hardly bitter, given the family bonding (between father and daughter, grandfather and grandson) that occurred along the way.

Sunday’s satisfying finale came on the heels of last week’s thrilling penultimate episode, an exhilarating nail-biter that found Zen couple TK and Rachel coming from behind (having survived a last-place finish the week before on a non-elimination leg, which forced them to perform an extra “speed bump” challenge) and squeaking into the final three. This bumped the annoying and constantly squabbling Nate and Jen, the latter a non-stop headache who earned every bit of the bad karma that resulted in her being bounced on her birthday.

The final leg, which took the teams from Taipei to Anchorage, Alaska, was pretty closely contested, although there never seemed much of a chance for Nick and Don (the grandson-grandfather duo) to cross the finish line first. Still, Don holds the record for the oldest contestant (at 69) to make it to the end. Well done. If anything, the younger player was the liability at the end, not reading the clue closely enough and leaving the gear behind at the outdoor-supply store, putting them behind on the fish-gutting challenge. (The fact that TK and Rachel made the mistake of going into the crab tank—ouch—kept things competitive.)

While Christina and Ron managed to stay ahead for most of the final leg, having found their groove (and Ron his humanity) over the last few weeks to become the dominant team, everyone caught up at the brain-teasing final challenge, in which they had to group together items representing each leg of the race. Rachel figured out the puzzle first, clinching the win as they sprinted to the finish line.

Everyone found reason to celebrate at the end of this race: TK and Rachel for coming from behind to win, Ronald and Christina for strengthening their bond, and Nick and Don for proving that age and a generation gap aren’t necessarily deterrents in this game.

The only thing I would criticize in any of this is CBS’s scheduling of this crown jewel in its reality arsenal. Rushed on the air in the wake of Viva Laughlin’s fast fade, the show burned off episodes on the Sundays before Christmas and New Year’s (when even the most devoted fan tends to have better things to do), and the finale aired on one of the biggest football nights of the year (airing directly opposite the genuinely exciting Packers-Giants battle, which went into overtime). I often get asked by frustrated fans if a network is actively trying to kill or harm a show. I almost never answer in the affirmative, but in this case, you can’t help but wonder.

Of course, the scheduling is out of the hands of those talented people who make The Amazing Race so amazing. Once again, the show proved why it has won the reality-competition Emmy every year since the category was established. No reason to think it won’t take it home again this year.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Roush-Dispatch/Amazing-Races-Grand/800031444

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: January 23, 2008, 03:31:40 PM »
Yeah, I saw it Monday.

Oh and for the season we end with an average of 11.19 million viewers.  Which when you consider that we had the highest rated episode (without a sports overrun) since the shows been on Sunday's), that the only time we went under 10.48 million is when we aired the weekend of Christmas, New Years and against the NFC championship game, that DVR use is up on average over 10% from just last fall, then this season has been a tremendous success for AR.

Even if DVR use (for this show) was up just 5% from last year, then it would be enough to make it more watched then season 10.