Archive > The Amazing Race 12 Archive

EP2: 'I’ve Become the Archie Bunker of the Home'

<< < (2/44) > >>

gator27:

--- Quote from: georgiapeach on October 29, 2007, 12:43:04 AM ---That house gable pointed roof is an unusual form for a Dutch windmill so we may be able to find that by a regional style?

And I JUST cancelled my trip there scheduled for in two weeks ---or I could be tilting at windmills too! :lol:

Boingo  makes me laugh! :lol: :kissy:

--- End quote ---

The Dutch province we may be looking for is Friesland, in northern Holland.  Below is an excerpt from wikipedia. (Moderators: Please delete the quote if I violated copy/pasting rules)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friesland

"Another Frisian practice is fierljeppen, a sport with some similarities to pole vaulting. A jump consists of an intense sprint to the pole (polsstok), jumping and grabbing it, then climbing to the top while trying to control the pole's forward and lateral movements over a body of water and finishing with a graceful landing on a sand bed opposite to the starting point. Because of all the diverse skills required in fierljeppen, fierljeppers are considered to be very complete athletes with superbly developed strength and coordination. Another interesting feature are the many windmills. There are 195 windmills in the province of Friesland, from a total of about 1200 in the entire country."

georgiapeach:
good tip gator! Guess we'll start the search in Friesland! :lol:

puddin:

--- Quote from: gingerman28 on October 29, 2007, 02:31:37 PM ---
In a PinP which isn't very clear, Jennifer in her green sweat shirt with the white windbreaker tied around her waist, is using a long pole to vault over a water-filled ditch.  There are people behind her, and some others across the ditch.  No idea what this is about. Don't recognize any of the people.
I just saw the tvguide post on the thread for ep two in the Netherlands.  Could this be what Jennifer is doing?  Not quite as athletic as the one shown, but it seems to match.  And makes more sense because it doesn't fit in ep one.

Quick shot of Jason peddling a bike with a cart in front.  Lorena is sitting in the cart holding what looks like travel instructions.  Looks like Aran but could be somewhere else in Ireland. The have their backpacks with them.

--- End quote ---

Thanks to the oh so lovely Dreamer @ Jokers!! and thanks to Gman for the heads up! No pole vaulting but the Bike shot of Lorena & Jason!

Tar 12
Uploaded by DreamersVids
[attachment deleted by admin]

Slowhatch:
I can't quite read the label on the side of the cart, but a little googling brought up Bakfiets, a Dutch bike that's apparently trendy here (I'd never heard of it  ???).

[attachment deleted by admin]

gingerman28:

--- Quote from: Slowhatch on October 29, 2007, 07:43:02 PM ---I can't quite read the label on the side of the cart, but a little googling brought up Bakfiets, a Dutch bike that's apparently trendy here (I'd never heard of it  ???).

--- End quote ---

TAR has gone completely green:  bikes in Ireland, bikes in The Netherlands, and bikes on the wire also in Ireland.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version