Archive > The Amazing Race 12 Archive

EP2: 'I’ve Become the Archie Bunker of the Home'

(1/44) > >>

puddin:
 'I’ve Become the Archie Bunker of the Home'

LOL Donald?

Amsterdam, Netherlands July 11th
Two blogs mention seeing Amazing Race teams.
First blog:
*We just got done with a walking tour of Amsterdam. Unfortunately it was not as good as the Berlin tour but it was still very interesting. We think we saw some participants from the Amazing Race running through town with a cameraman and sound guy following close behind.
Next Blog:
*I saw to 3 pairs that were competing in my reality favorite show “the amazing race”
Boingo -- evidence for Amsterdam from the intro flash thread!! Dutch Rail Netherlands

tvguide~
*A pole-vaulting challenge in the Netherlands. Phil Keoghan is the host.

Webclues~Sunday, November 11, 9pm et/pt
Next Episode
*One Racer strips down to mud-filled briefs during a pole-vaulting Roadblock, giving the Netherlands a first-hand view of a muddy American potbelly.
*Meanwhile another Racer finally stands up to her Teammate forcing them to realize there are problems in their relationship that need to be fixed.

puddin:
Larger screencaps through out this thread or my photobucket .

Teams leave Ireland for the Netherlands!

:bar:
Rails
Boingo: The girls appear to be running past a train which may be "Sprinter" livery (railway stock).

Where the Goth are we?
Colby: I believe that pic with the Goth's running is towards this area  Church of St.Nicolas is on the Prins Hendrikkade.

DETOURS

Hoist
Team Goth

Jen & Nathan
Find the right bike amongst 1000's?
 peach: Bikes  behind Central Station

Azaria/Hendekea

Kate & Pat

Christina & Ron

Slowhatch:At Werengouw, take the bus to Durgerdam/Ransdrop 
get a clue
Ron & Christina
Sisters wait for the bus with Christina & Ron and pray the Ministers don't make it.
* Meanwhile another Racer finally stands up to her Teammate forcing them to realize there are problems in their relationship that need to be fixed.
Christina & Ron argue "vacillate --where did we lose time?"

Roadblock
*SEVERAL TEAMS TAKE A MUD BATH WHEN FACED WITH AN ACROBATIC ROADBLOCK IN HOLLAND,
*One Racer strips down to mud-filled briefs during a pole-vaulting Roadblock, giving the Netherlands a first-hand view of a muddy American potbelly.
*Racers struggle to complete a challenging Roadblock that requires Teams to pole-vault a stream in order to receive their next clue

Teams must ride a Bakfiet to the pitstop
peach: Durgerdam-- Ransdorp Church-- Roadblock
Pitstop --Jachthaven Durgerdam
Chateau
  Jason=RB/Lorena with Shana in the background doing the RB.

Jen= RB/ Nathan

Shana=RB/Jennifer

Rachel= RB/TK

Hendeka=RB/Azaria

Kynt=RB/Vyxsin

Don has a hard time "no comment" , but we know he & Nic are safe.

here comes the sisters!

Ron & Christina, we know they are safe

No sign of Pat & Kate == we predict they are toast!!

Slowhatch:

--- Quote ---The Dutch also invented the sport of pole vaulting. The original Dutch version, though, is very different from the familiar Olympic one. A tall pole is stood upright in the middle of a canal. The competitor then runs up to the canalside, jumps on the pole, shimmies as quickly as possible to the top and hurls himself forward as the pole falls towards the other side of the canal. The person who reaches the furthest distance from the bank wins.
--- End quote ---
(source) Also called Fierljeppen.

puddin:

--- Quote from: Slowhatch on October 29, 2007, 12:00:01 AM ---
--- Quote ---The Dutch also invented the sport of pole vaulting. The original Dutch version, though, is very different from the familiar Olympic one. A tall pole is stood upright in the middle of a canal. The competitor then runs up to the canalside, jumps on the pole, shimmies as quickly as possible to the top and hurls himself forward as the pole falls towards the other side of the canal. The person who reaches the furthest distance from the bank wins.
--- End quote ---
(source) Also called Fierljeppen.

--- End quote ---
Your so awesome Slowhatch!!  :jumpy:

puddin:
because I can and there are plenty more at youtube:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version