Author Topic: Leslie Nease * voted off*  (Read 6847 times)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Leslie Nease * voted off*
« on: August 20, 2007, 12:25:31 PM »
Leslie
Home Town:
Tega Cay, SC
Christian Radio Talk Show Host
Bio
Leslie Nease's stepfather was a United States Marine, so she traveled with her family all over the world. She attended and graduated from Kubasaki High School in Okinawa, Japan. Moving back to the United States, Nease attended two years of college at Shepherd College in Shepherdstown, West Virginia.

Nease currently works as a Christian host for a midmorning radio show. She is on the air from 9 am until noon, and then spends the rest of her day being mom to her four kids, Stephanie, Tommy, Kennedy and Peyton. She also teaches fitness classes three nights a week (step, kickboxing, sculpt and cycle) and has her own speaking ministry where she encourages others in their faith. She has written a book about fitness & spirituality called Body Builders. She has previously worked as a personal trainer and waitress.

Nease's hobbies include reading and studying scripture, writing poetry, yard sales and camping with her family. Her favorite sport is volleyball. She describes herself as energetic, passionate and overwhelming. Her favorite topics are what she considers to be her "Four Fs": Faith, Family, Friends and Fitness. She was Mrs. North Carolina in the Mrs. USA pageant in Las Vegas in August 2001. In March 2003, she was the first New York finalist in the Regis & Kelly co-host search when Kelly went on maternity leave. In April 2006, she went on a mission trip to La Paz, Cochabamba and Santa Cruz, Bolivia, where they spent most of their time outdoors in the Andes Mountains visiting Compassion International-sponsored children in underdeveloped areas.

Nease has auditioned for SURVIVOR every season for the past five years. She always wanted to experience SURVIVOR for herself and decided she wasn't giving up. She never let the rejection get her down, but instead allowed it to fuel her passion for the adventure. Finally, after 11 audition tapes, her dream is coming true.

Nease currently resides in Tega Cay, South Carolina with her husband of 18 years, Rod. They have one dog, Buddy. Her birth date is March 25, 1969.

Meet Leslie
http://video.cgi.cbs.com/vplayer3/play.pl?type=rm&width=480&height=360&feat=vplayer&adtype=pre&arena=video&prod=innertube&id=149073&ord=78152.9838464965
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 10:18:01 PM by puddin »

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Re: Leslie Nease
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 10:15:10 AM »
WOW 11 auditon tapes... this means she knows the game but will her beliefs allow her to play the game to its fulliest?

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 10:43:14 AM »
I can see her really clashing with Ashley or one of the other women.
Just here to visit.

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Watch out, I will chop you!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 01:29:19 PM »
 :waves:  Here is a post that she made early this year, with a poem that she had wrtten.  The pic of the bunny is her avitar.

http://boards.cbs.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=CBSSurv14MB&tid=814

hee hee...I was inspired to write this poem after reading all of your posts about recruiting....

I need an answer quickly, I need you to be straight:

Sometimes truth hurts so deeply but I need to know my fate.

I’ve tried out for Survivor for the past 5 years of life

While maintaining my other roles as a working mother and a wife

I never got discouraged, just kept my head held high!

It’s not in my personality to let things simply die.

But now I’m hearing rumors and it’s making my heart sink

That I might be wasting my time now it’s making me stop and think.

The show is casting people now who never even apply

How is it that this happens? When they never even try?

It really stinks if it's true,  after all I’ve done to be

A contestant on Survivor...will you just be straight with me?

Am I wasting my time at this point? Is there a reason to keep trying?

I feel I’m being made a fool – Like my dream, it could be dying.

I’m a working mom from the south, who’s not going to a bar in LA

I’m not trying out for other shows, it's Survivor I want to play!

I don’t know a casting agent, Haven’t spent much time in Cali

I’m not asian, black or hispanic; never been to Silicon Valley.

I don’t want to be an actor, I'm not looking to be a star

I just want to play Survivor - and I know I would go far!

Thank you for your response, for letting me know the truth

Am I wasting my time trying? C’mon, I need some proof!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth...AMEN..!!

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 01:59:39 PM »
She annoyed me when she walked out of the Temple at the beginning.  What a horrible first impression, and they didn't even organize them into tribes yet!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 02:39:35 PM »
At least she was respectful with how she did it, whereas if Courtney rolled her eyes at that monk one more time.... :rolleyes

But then I read in an Interview with one of the Survivors that that Temple segment was over three hours long!

Kudos to her for keeping on trying to get on Survivor--at least we know she is persistent!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 02:49:49 PM »
At least she was respectful with how she did it, whereas if Courtney rolled her eyes at that monk one more time.... :rolleyes

But then I read in an Interview with one of the Survivors that that Temple segment was over three hours long!

Kudos to her for keeping on trying to get on Survivor--at least we know she is persistent!

I agree GP at least she tried. But I do understand that if she personally did not feel comfortable being in the temple, she has that right to feel that way whether I agree with it or not.

Oh it's so quiet today. I was hoping I could get away from my laundry and housecleaning. I guess I'll go do it  :laundry

Offline s1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 03:08:34 PM »
Even though Jeff stressed that it wasn't a religious ceremony they were still bowing down before Buddha.  As a Christian I understand why Leslie walked out.  She did it respectfully without interrupting the ceremony or drawing any extra attention to herself.  I would have been upset with her if she hadn't left. 

Offline darkwitless

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 07:38:05 PM »
Even though Jeff stressed that it wasn't a religious ceremony they were still bowing down before Buddha.  As a Christian I understand why Leslie walked out.  She did it respectfully without interrupting the ceremony or drawing any extra attention to herself.  I would have been upset with her if she hadn't left. 

Gotta agree with this one!  When I was watching this - before she walked out - Dh and I were discussing how we'd feel particpating in a non Christian worship ceremony - it certainly looked like a ceremony involving Buddah and all the trappings.  It's one thing to respectfully observe another worship service - but to feel required to particpate...I certainly appreciated how she left - if the editing was acurate.  And Courtney didn't appear very respectful with all her eye rolling. JMO
Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave well preserved and neatly made - rather skid in sideways, drink & snack in hand, thoroughly used up screaming "WOO HOO what a RIDE!"

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 06:30:26 PM »
Interview with Leslie: http://www.buddytv.com/articles/survivor/exclusive-interview-leslie-nea-12026.aspx

You know, my plan going into the game was to play with integrity and to play an honest game which I’ve seen other people do. The problem is, when you go with a plan like that, it’s kinda hard to get that plan going if you don’t have people with you who are trustworthy. Day two, they didn’t show this, but on day two, Todd and Amanda came up to me and asked me to be in an alliance with them and James and Aaron ... so we had a five person alliance. Those were the people that I had to trust.

When they approached me, I wasn’t sure that I trusted them but I really thought to myself: "If I say no to the majority of the tribe, I’m outta here."  Unfortunately, when I got the clue, they didn’t show that Todd and I had a relationship.  Todd and I were really close out there ... I mean, he’s a great kid. But the reason I shared it with him was because I was in that five person alliance, I couldn’t share with Amanda because her and Aaron seemed to have sort of a love thing going, you know? The just seemed to really be connecting which, they haven’t shown. My only choice was Todd, and I trusted him.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Re: Leslie Nease * voted off*
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 11:31:41 AM »
Good find Peach... interesting.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 06:24:11 PM »
Survivor: China's Ousted Sister Christian Has One Regret
by Nina Hämmerling Smith
On last Thursday's Survivor: China (8 pm/ET, CBS), Fei Long made its first trip to Tribal Council, and Christian-radio talk-show host Leslie Nease, 38, was sent packing. She talked to us about how the experience actually strengthened her faith, why she decided to share her immunity-idol clue with Todd and what her one regret is.
TVGuide.com: You seemed pretty surprised to be going home.
Leslie: I knew they were up to something, because they weren't looking me in the eye, they weren't talking to me. But I thought they were going to be voting Courtney off, and they knew that she and I were very close; they just didn't want to get me involved in that. It didn't make a whole lot of sense to me [to be voted off].

TVGuide.com: You didn't think it was because you were chatty with your kidnappers?
Leslie: I am just a very honest person. When I came back and told them everything, it was because I didn't want to tell Zhan Hu things about my tribe and then go back to my tribe and act like I didn't say anything. A lot of the stuff, the team dynamics, [Zhan Hu] already knew, because Jaime told them everything. Unfortunately, the guys were pretty vocal when Jaime came over. So basically I told them what everybody did for a living and that we all got along and that's all. I tried to be as vague as I could.

TVGuide.com: It seemed like you never fully bonded with your tribe.
Leslie: I wish they would have shown it more — it did look like I was a loner — but Courtney and I were inseparable. Right before she did that [immunity] challenge where her hands got all torn up, she looked over at me and said, "Pray for me." So the whole time she was swinging that ax, I was praying for her, and I was so proud of her for finishing. I looked at her like she was my daughter. I just fell in love with Courtney, and she fell in love with me, and we were just so close. I also got very close to Todd. Everybody says, "Why'd you trust Todd with that [immunity-idol] clue? You're so stupid!" But you don't understand, I love him. He's like my boy. He called me "mama."

TVGuide.com: So why did you share your immunity-idol clue with him?
Leslie: I'm so glad I finally get to say this, because it's been driving me crazy. Day 2, Todd and Amanda asked me to be in an alliance with them and Aaron and James. But Aaron and Amanda always snuggled at night, and I thought there might be a love connection, and I was like, "I can use this clue as leverage to bring someone in, to trust someone, to show that I trust them." I knew it couldn't be Amanda or Aaron. James by about Day 3 got really hungry and kind of cranky, and he just changed — it was too bad, because I loved him at first, and then I was, like, scared of him. So my only option was Todd. I didn't realize that he and Amanda were so tight, though. They really outwitted me with that one.

TVGuide.com: You seemed to have a stronger bond with the other tribe.
Leslie: They were just real — there's such a difference between the dynamics. In Fei Long, I was always on pins and needles, I was afraid I was going to do something wrong. They were playing the game really hard. At Zhan Hu, they had already lost so many challenges, and yet they all knew things about each other, and they were playing together and having fun, and most of them were there to have an adventure. That's why I was there, so there was a bond because of that.

TVGuide.com: Going back to when you first arrived in China, you clearly weren't comfortable at the Buddhist temple.
Leslie: They didn't show that I participated in 99 percent of the ceremony. The whole time, I just prayed under my breath, "Lord, if I'm crossing the line, just let me know." We got to the very end, and everybody was face down, which to me seemed like a worship position — was it? I don't know. I guess the thought that went through my head was, "OK, if it was my husband and I went and made out with another man, even though somebody told me that it was purely a friendly thing and I could tell him, 'You know, honey, I was thinking about you the whole time,' how would he feel?" It would still hurt him. And I thought, "Lord, I can't do this to you." I was just trying to be true to my own convictions and to the Lord, and I'm really proud of myself for doing that.

TVGuide.com: It seemed odd when Jeff asked you why you had left the ceremony, and you said that it made you uncomfortable, but that you were not religious....
Leslie: To me, religion is man's way to get to God: "Here, God, let me show you how great I am, I'll do this and this, and then you'll love me." It's the difference between "religion" and a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. I think a lot of people think, "Oh, she lied, she said she's not religious. She's religious — look, she's a Christian!"

TVGuide.com: But the common understanding of being "religious" is someone who adheres to and believes in a faith, and you are a Christian-radio talk-show host, after all....
Leslie: If they want to believe that, they can. The whole religion thing came up because I wasn't the only one who walked out. Jean-Robert walked out, and Jeff confronted him, and he said, "Well, I'm just not a religious person." So when I responded, I said, "I'm not religious either, but I have a relationship with Jesus Christ." I was really playing off of what Jean-Robert said.

TVGuide.com: Any regrets from your time on Survivor?
Leslie: Once you're voted out, you're like, "I could have, I should have.... " The only regret I have is that I didn't keep my mouth shut after I got back from Zhan Hu. But it's who I am — my heart is right out there on my sleeve.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/survivor-china-leslie/071009-03

Kiwi Jay

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2007, 03:12:02 PM »
I didnt or dont like her