Author Topic: TARA Allan Wu (the host)  (Read 64801 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TARA Allan Wu (the host)
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2008, 12:21:03 AM »
That's me--spreading Phil joy!  :angel: :lol: :angel:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

nikita

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2008, 03:47:33 AM »
If there is one thing Allan Wu needs to improve on is his dress sense. What's with the tank tops?  :groan:
It was hot? even the racers commented that it was the hottest day in Budapest. I have to tell you, I was pleased and am not complaining :D.

Did we ever see the Philiminator wearing a tank top?  :lol:
No, but I want to  :lol:  :flirt:

Touche! You got me there.  :lol3:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2008, 09:52:00 PM »
I guess I never knew Allan had a blog, what a fun read and love the pictures that he shares!

http://www.alivenotdead.com/allanwu/blog.html?selection_all_page_1

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2008, 12:18:12 PM »
Allan Wu is a tease, lol

for EP3

haven't seen the final cut for next week's episode so I'm psyched to see how it all ends up.  I'm also wondering whether another team gets eliminated? What do you think??

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2008, 12:43:12 PM »
Oh thanks puddin!  I love his blog!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2008, 02:46:38 PM »
I think if Michael McKay can arrange it, my next TARA interview will be with Allan.
Just here to visit.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2008, 03:15:03 PM »
Allan Wu is a tease, lol

for EP3

haven't seen the final cut for next week's episode so I'm psyched to see how it all ends up.  I'm also wondering whether another team gets eliminated? What do you think??

What I think is that it is time for a NEL or TBC leg as episode 3.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2008, 02:34:59 PM »
Allan Wu's final blog link.

Offline snap-on

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2008, 12:06:23 AM »
 :-*

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2009, 06:47:26 AM »
If you are near Kuala Lumpur, you may be interested in this?

Allan Wu will be hosting a mini-Amazing Race held as part of Taylor College's

Mass Colympics 09

date: 18th April 2009
time: 9am - 5pm

venue: Xtion Paintball Park

http://propassion.blogspot.com/

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2009, 12:43:06 AM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2009, 12:44:15 AM »
If I ever saw Phil and Allan together in real life I think I'd :faint:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2009, 02:54:40 PM »
That twitter says Allan and Phil were a scheduled 10 minutes away on Tuesday Sept. 15 from a meeting in California, but somebody forgot to tell Allan and he was 60 minutes away at that time. It sounds like it didn't happen.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2009, 04:19:56 PM »
After reading Allan's twitter and blog, it doesn't seem like he met up with Phil.

Online ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2009, 04:24:36 PM »
 :'(

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2010, 07:52:41 PM »
Allan has posted an entry on his website with pictures from the open casting call in Kuching, Malaysia.  He was there with three of my favorites: Vanessa Chong, Pamela Chong, and Bernie Chan.

http://www.wulander.com/2010/03/you-dont-have-to-be-famous/

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2010, 05:09:55 PM »
The Amazing Allan
Submitted by dominah on Thursday, March 11th, 2010
TARA Entertainment
After a year-long break, The Amazing Race Asia host Allan Wu returns to helm the fourth season
Shuhaidah Saharani
Thursday, March 11th, 2010 13:01:00

Soon, fans of The Amazing Race Asia will once again be racing home to catch the show. That's right, after a year-long hia­tus, TARA, as the show is fondly referred to, is returning for its fourth season!
Everyone, from hardcore fans to prospective contestants, are getting excited. However, nobody is arguably more ecstatic than TARA's host himself, 38-year-old Allan Wu.

After hosting the show for three consecutive seasons, the hunky Allan is itching to get back in the game.

"I'm pumped!" said the model-turned-actor/VJ/host in a phone interview with The Malay Mail recently. "I'm really ex­cited. I've been anticipating it like every­one else, just trying to get all the pieces together. I just want to get ready and race again."

So what can we look forward to in the new race?

"You can look forward to the same host!" joked Wu, obviously not willing to give anything away and risk spoiling the show.

"And you can look forward to an all new line-up of contestants." Again, be­ing master of the obvious.

"Since the show took a year off, I'm hoping a lot more people will sign up for the race. I'm expecting a whole new bunch of contestants with different per­sonalities and from all walks of life, new countries to go to with all-new chal­lenges, surprises, twists, pitfalls - other than pit stops, of course. So, just expect the unexpected."

Cryptic, but it definitely sounds excit­ing.

But would it be exciting enough to woo Wu into participating, if given the chance?

"I would! If I wasn't the host, and with what I know now, I would definitely sign up for the race."

And who would be his dream race partner?

"In the past, I would've asked my wife. But now, I know there's no way she would sign up with me. We would prob­ably be arguing all the time, fighting and all the stuff - that would probably be good TV but I'm not all that excited about airing my dirty laundry," he ad­mitted, chuckling.

"So I think, a great partner would be Phil Keoghan, the host of the US version of The Amazing Race. Two The Amazing Race hosts racing together? Now that would be great. And we'll be arguing about our past contestants' racing ex­periences in our own race. That would be funny."

Continuing with the hypothesis, if Wu were to race, he'd have his own strate­gies to win.

"I think it starts with choosing the right partner. It also helps to decide with my partner what our strategies are early on. I would definitely watch previous seasons of TARA so I'd know what other teams did right or didn't do right."

A RACE AGAINST THE TIME: Wu with some of the contestants from TARA Season 2
He added, "I'll make sure that both my partner and I are in decent shape because we're going to be walking a lot and carrying this big backpack for quite a long period. And lastly, we'd just prepare ourselves to handle a lot of stress and be able to push ourselves to the limit. I have to remind myself to just go for it with an open at­titude, stay cool and not get too caught up in the moment and be too upset, emotional or angry because usually that's when teams start to tear apart."
Wise words from the host - so future TARA racer wannabes, do take note.

Three seasons on, with multiple locations vis­ited, tricks and cultures learned and contes­tants taken care of, surely Wu must have had some unforget­table experiences on TARA.

"I have a lot! Ev­ery time I'm at a new country that I've never been before, I'll try to soak it all in. I've been to Buda­pest, Prague, Cape Town, Auckland, Melbourne, Dubai, Oman... I'm just all over the place and each location is such a visual splendour in itself.

"On top of that, sometimes it's the teams. You see the human element of the show like when racers just feel like giving up, you know, they are tired, sun­burned but they still continue the race. And to see that desire, motivation and determination is truly inspiring. There are also times when I was stuck at the pitstop waiting for 15 to 16 hours between the first team and the last team. So, just sitting there until they have all arrived is an unforgettable mo­ment too."

Fans of TARA would probably know which season Wu was talking about. Yes, the third one where, after waiting 15 hours for the last team to arrive at the pitstop, Wu re­fused to wait anymore and went look­ing for the missing (not to mention losing) team.

Apparently, they couldn't find the tool to help them out in the race and in their exhaustion, decided to sleep it out in their car! Poor Wu had to go and wake them up.

In their defence, though, a race such as TARA can be quite tiring and a good sleep is quite a reward in itself. Not just for the contestants, but the host missed sleeping too, among other things.

"I definitely missed my family. I miss them, I miss sleeping and my workout regime. I use exercising to maintain my balance. It's hard, but I stay in shape during the race by using this exercis­ing band called Loopz, which my wife introduced me to, and I take that with me everywhere. But with family, I'll make some time to be with them (be­fore and after the race). Usually the kids, my daughter Sage who is five years old now and my son Jonas, he just turned four are always excited to see me after I've been gone for a long time. It's nice to know that you're missed."

So, would his kids be his proud­est, biggest fans?
"Yes, I think so. It's funny be­cause in the beginning, they're just puzzled watching the show and seeing their daddy on TV. Now, as they are older, they really understand what I'm actually doing. They get really excited to see their daddy going on to different countries and kicking out contestants along the way."

Going back to TARA and its history, which had a Malaysian team winning the first race, then down to the fifth place on the last race, what does Wu think of the chances for the Ma­laysian team or teams this year?

"Malaysian teams have always done so well in the race - it's like it's in the blood," he said. "I do ex­pect Malaysia to do well this year too. Teams from Malaysia and the Philip­pines always do well. There's a huge market for TARA in these two countries and a lot of fans of the show are from those countries.

"Basically, I think because when you're a fan, and you've watched the show every season, you talk about the show and you discuss the show with friends about what to do what not to do that when you participate, you have a good foundation already. So, one, you have the enthusiasm and two, you have the knowledge too. So I really think Malaysia will do well, defi­nitely."

Let's hope he's right. So, besides TARA, what other projects is Wu working on?

"Right now, Singapore is playing host for the very first youth-Olympic games later this year, so I'm doing this new reality game show called Game On for Star Hub cable TV in Singapore where we get kids aged 14 to 17-years-old to compete in various sports to raise the awareness of health and fitness, sports and competition. So I'll be doing that in a couple of weeks.

"Then I have some projects that are not yet confirmed, and after TARA, I might have a role in a movie. I think there are some Malaysian artistes as well, but this is also not confirmed yet. On top of that, I'm also helping my wife to promote the exercise tool called the Loopz which you can find out more at www.wureka.com and speaking of web­sites, I have my own where fans can go and visit too. Check out www.wulander.com to get to know me!"
http://www.mmail.com.my/content/29925-amazing-allan

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2010, 04:18:12 PM »
Last call for amazing racers
by May Seah
05:55 AM Mar 12, 2010

THE call-to-entry for the fourth season of The Amazing Race Asia is ending on March 22, so if you're still dragging your feet about it, don't. You don't want to miss what Allan Wu calls "the experience of a lifetime".

Having been the host for all three seasons of The Amazing Race Asia, Allan knows what he's talking about. "I have friends who'll come up to me all the time and go, 'You are team No 1!', 'This is a non-elimination round!', 'A detour is … ' I'm like, 'Okay, great'," said the 38-year-old, laughing.

And what makes The Amazing Race amazing? "Having the opportunity to go to different parts of the world that you probably wouldn't on a normal basis," said Allan, who named Prague as his favourite destination so far.

"As a contestant, I think, more importantly, it's testing your relationship with your partner, too. Under duress, under stress, lack of sleep, performing various tasks in exotic countries ... It's not like you're just singing on a dance stage, or you're stuck on an island trying to backstab people."

Ooh, a little competitive, are we?

The new season promises to up the intellect and sophistication ante. "There'll definitely be some twists and turns, and new challenges.

"Our show prides itself on trying not to replicate what we've done in the past, and give the audience something new."

That's why the show is looking for a wide range of contestants - "the more different, the better", Allan said.

If that's you, and you think you can handle a race around the world, and you have your trusty inflatable neck pillow at the ready, take Allan's advice for a winning strategy. "It's important to pick the right partner," he said. "And also it helps to get in shape, too."

For information on how to apply, visit www.axn-asia.com/tara. The deadline for submissions of applications is March 22.

http://www.todayonline.com/Plus/Television/EDC100312-0000084/Last-call-for-amazing-racers

Thanks to Allan for this article and the last article.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2010, 05:24:19 AM »
I'm glad Allan Wu has such a great career right now.

He used to be sort of like a joke in the entertainment industry in Singapore.. what a waste of talent it was for him then..
Glad that it all worked out!!

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2010, 05:37:28 PM »

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2010, 05:09:15 PM »
Allan's entry about the open casting call in Kuala Lumpar:

http://www.wulander.com/2010/03/thank-you-kuala-lumpar/

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2010, 04:46:38 PM »
Allan has two new entries:

http://www.wulander.com/2010/03/future-calvin-klein-model/

and

Wu muscles in on Amazing Race

Tue, Mar 23, 2010
my paper

BY VICTORIA BARKER

ALLAN Wu may be every bit the doting husband, but if the host of The Amazing Race Asia had to pick a partner for the reality competition, it would definitely not be his other half, Singapore actress Wong Li Lin.

When he spoke to my paper recently, Wu, 37, was candid. “There was a time when I would have loved to race with her but, now, I don’t think she’d want to race with me,” he said.

“I bet I’d be a real jerk and we’d be fighting all the time (thanks to my competitive nature),” he added with a laugh.

The two married in 2003 and have two children – daughter Sage, six; and son Jonas, four.

The guy’s ideal partner, instead, would be Phil Keoghan, who hosts the original American version of the programme.

“It would be cool to see how we would do together, and it sounds like a great draw,” he explained.

The show’s format sees 10 pairs racing across the world and undertaking various physical and mental challenges in a test of endurance to win the grand prize of US$100,000 (S$140,000).

It is recruiting teams for its fourth season, which is slated to begin filming in a few months.

The entire season takes about a month to film, said Wu, who is Chinese American.

And would-be racers will be glad to know that Wu – who has also acted in shows such as Chinese drama Bukit Ho Swee (2002) and the Jack Neo movie I Do, I Do (2005) ” promises that this season will be one hell of a ride.

He enthused: “It will be a once-in-a-lifetime thing you will treasure and cherish for the rest of your life, whether you win or not.

“I remember visiting Prague in a previous season and then the next day I was somewhere else… it’s really intense but amazing.”

Viewers need not worry about being left out, either. With the Emmy-winning American version now in its 16th season, the affable Wu thinks that the tried-and-tested formula cannot go wrong here.

“(In each season) you have a whole new bag of contestants with their own idiosyncrasies and personalities…that’s what makes it enthralling and enticing for the audience,” he said.

Wu should know – this is the dude who came in second on American competition series Fear Factor in 2004.

People think I’m a huge risk-taker, but I think it’s just my competitive nature,” he explained.

He then added thoughtfully: “I need to work on enjoying life a little bit more and appreciating what life has to offer…I’m in that process now.”

vbarker@sph.com.sg

http://www.wulander.com/2010/03/wu-muscles-in-on-amazing-race/

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2010, 07:04:23 PM »
Allan tweeted this:
just found out he's one step closer to making a little bit of Amazing history in China. Wow. Big things could be right around the corner...

It may not mean anything, but I think it'll be interesting if he gets picked to host "The Amazing Race: China Rush."

As long as they're not filmed concurrently, it's definitely feasible for him to host both "The Amazing Race: China Rush" and "The Amazing Race: Asia."

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2010, 03:59:37 PM »
I guessed right about Allan's twitter hints about hosting "The Amazing Race: China Rush."

Apr 10
15 One Truly “Amazing” Week

This week has truly been an amazing week for me…literally.  First, I kicked off the week with my special cameo on The Amazing Race, and it was great to hear from many long-lost friends back in the States.  I figure if I can’t make it back to the U.S. to meet them in person, the next best thing is to make a quick appearance on a TWELVE time Emmy Award winning television program, right?

Soon after the Singapore episode of TAR aired worldwide, a local newspaper in Singapore called The New Paper decided to publish my mug along with actress Christy Yow in our birthday suits for our upcoming movie, “Ge Ai.”

Little did I know that this publication decided to print some things that I did not say at all.  In fact, I only found out today after one of my producers for The Amazing Race Asia asked me why I was quoted saying that the recent episode of TAR could’ve been better?  Of course, the first thing I’m thinking is, “How could it be any better?  Heck, I’m already beside myself to even see myself in the program.”  But then again, the picture became more clear to me after I mulled over the situation some more.  Personally, I’ve never been a huge fan of doing interviews.  I know it comes with the job, and I always endeavor to conduct myself with the utmost truth, honesty, and integrity.  Now, I don’t like to consider myself as someone who was “born yesterday,” but I always make the extra effort to always give every journalist a chance.  However, this “blasphemous burn” is gonna take a while to heal so don’t expect me to accept any more interviews from The New Paper…EVER.

Alright, enough of those negative vibes…let’s get back to being “Amazing!”

Things are moving along well for TARA4, and I got good vibes that this has all the bits and pieces to be the best season yet!  Thanks again to all the applicants who applied to have the experience of a lifetime, and I’ll be looking forward to seeing some of you in “Start City” in the near future!

Alright, I had a great time on TAR.  Check.  I’m now revving up the engines for TARA4.  Check.

So…it’s time to reveal an entirely new sort of “Amazing” with the first ever…

Yes!  The Amazing Race: China Rush!  In case you’re wondering, this is the real deal.  China will be producing its own official version of The Amazing Race franchise and Guess WU’s gonna be hosting this one too! 

http://www.wulander.com/2010/04/one-truly-amazing-week/

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2010, 04:15:19 PM »
WU--Hoo!! :hearts:

Thanks for sharing that!! We had fun watching him on TAR too!
RFF's Golden Rule: