Author Topic: Kid Nation: The Children's Corner  (Read 19891 times)

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Watch out, I will chop you!!!
Re: Kid Nation: The Children's Corner
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2007, 06:02:37 AM »
Taylor, 10, is from Sylvester, GA. Taylor says "I am passionate about pageants because I want to be Miss America or Miss USA one day."

[attachment deleted by admin]
Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth...AMEN..!!

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2007, 08:18:03 AM »
 :waves:  A little about Jasmine.  I think it is great for children to show off their talent, BUT, I do not agree with how Jasmine is thrusting her hips around at such a young age. There are too many crazy people out there, and I think she is way too young to be dancing like this.

Jasmine aka Diva and Zonnique aka Star together create a dynamic duo known as QT-Possie.
Jasmine and Zonnique have been performing together for 1 year and have created a unique supportive following of various ages. They performed the half time show for 2 All Star Basket Ball Games, Sparkle Skating Ring, Brown Middle School, Clear Channel in Macon GA and is on TI’s Rubber Band Man song and Video. They have also recorded three songs they co-wrote.
Jasmine-9 started acting and singing at the age of 4. She landed her first commercial with Volvo. Although they did not have a part for a 4 year old after she auditioned they wrote her in. She has been in the Toys R US Christmas, Thanksgiving, Back to School, Halloween and Valentine commercials. Jasmine has been interviewed and hosted the number one show on People TV with Entertainment 101. Jasmine came from a family of entertainers with a grandfather playing trumpet, drums, piano and lead singer in a band with a hit single “Cherry Pie”. Her Grandmother plays piano, organ, sings and is the “Director of Music Ministries” for 2 churches in Mississippi. She has a brother that is her DJ Dirty at 97.9 Clear Channel in Macon GA. He is the local morning show personality. She also has a brother that is an entertainer and producer.
Zonnique-8 is no stranger to the music industry. Her mother is Tiny of Xscape. The female R&B quartet Xscape debuted singing at producer Jermaine Dupri's birthday party in 1991, and were the recipients of multi platinum albums and singles. Her grandfather is Charles Pope, lead member, original member and the brother of the late Joe Pope, Lead Singer of the Tams. Charles has been singing for 39 years. Charles has taken over the Tams since the death of his brother. Charles has sung several songs on the Tams albums like "Might as Well Forget Him"; most people call it Walk the Streets at Night. Her Uncle Albert Cottle better known as Lil' Redd, has been singing with the Tams since the age of 7 years old. Lil' Redd is the youngest member of the Tams. He's been singing and dancing for 24 years. Most fans call him the fastest feet in show business.

http://qtjazz.2ya.com/

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=57790860

Jasmine Robinson
QTPossie

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2007, 08:59:19 AM »
 :waves:  Don't get me wrong, she is really cute.  :tup:  Jasmine has been around the "tv industry" for a a long time.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2007, 07:08:51 PM »
WoW Blondie--you made Taylor look gorgeous!

And I still think we all a need a Tee shirt with "Beauty Queens don't do dishes on it!

3 year old Jasmine is adorable!

And I don't know about kids and dancing today? Don't they all do it?

Since they have MTV and music videos to watch when all I had was American Bandstand! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2007, 07:28:55 PM »
 :lol:  GP me too, watched a lot of American Bandstand, but still don't think 11 year old girls, should thrust around like that. Like I said, there are a lot of weirdo's out there, just drooling at these young girls.  :dick

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2007, 11:12:47 AM »
Eleven-year-old Colton hails from Reno, Nevada. A fun, outgoing and loyal child, he says physical education and art class are his favorite subjects in school. He aspires to enter Auburn University and become a professional football player when he grows up. A member of Football and Junior Rodeo, he looks up to Lofa Tatupu of the Seattle Seahawks as his idol.

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2007, 11:38:53 AM »
Eight-year-old Mallory of Indianapolis, Indiana is an aspiring pediatrician or veterinarian who admires Miley Cyrus, Emma Roberts and Julie Andrews.

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2007, 11:55:40 AM »
 :waves:

Offline dustigenes

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2007, 06:26:30 PM »
hey Blondie

How about Taylor as Marie let them eat cake Antonetti.  Actually thats better than outright saying you gotta starve, deal with it.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2007, 03:07:06 PM »
That chop of Taylor is so darling. Coltons reminds me of a Cowboy Up or go home poster i've seen (the first one).

Oh and boys dance all wild and crazy to - my 3 year old thinks shaking his butt to every kind of music is the funnest thing ever :rolleyes:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2007, 03:22:55 PM »
Wish we had a way to share these with the kids--wouldn't Colton be stoked to see himself?? Thanks Blondie!

And mama--capture that dancing for posterity--you'll be able to scare him into good behavior when he is 15 by just mentioning showing it to his GF's!!  :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2007, 03:28:41 PM »
lol @ the chops. You got skills.

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2007, 05:54:07 PM »
 :waves:

A news story about Taylor

TV show has family ties for La Grange man
by Kaitlin Keane    Wednesday, October 3, 2007 3:59 PM CDT

A tomboy-turned-pageant queen is the best way to describe Johnny Dailey’s granddaughter-turned-TV star.

Dailey’s granddaughter, Taylor Dupriest of Portland, Ga., is one of 40 kids featured on the CBS television show “Kid Nation.”

According to CBS.com, “Kid Nation” is a reality show filmed in Bonznaz City, N.M. for 40 days. Viewers watch as the 40 kids work to build a community all their own. Without the help of adults, kids age eight to 15 work to overcome social issues of peer pressure, homesickness and the uncontrollable desire to rebel.

“Kid Nation” isn’t the first time Dailey, of La Grange, has watched his granddaughter on the silver screen. She’s appeared on The Disney Channel’s “Show Your Stuff” and has also appeared in print ads.

Taylor’s mother, Tabitha Dupriest, said “Kid Nation” is Taylor’s most recognizable work.

“‘Kid Nation’ is definitely the biggest thing shes ever done,” Tabitha said.

After being on Kid Nation, Taylor has learned to work for what she wants and to have more responsibility, Tabitha said. But Taylor is still the same kid before and after “Kid Nation,” her mother said.

Taylor’s leadership skills and versatility to be a girly-girl or a tomboy are some of the many traits that helped Taylor get on the show, Tabitha said, and also be on the show’s town council.

Town council is a select group of kids on “Kid Nation” who decide which child deserves a gold star worth $20,000.

According to a recap posted on CBS.com of the series’ second episode, the kids realize they’ll have to kill livestock - namely, the town chickens - if they want protein in their food.

During episode two, the mess hall goes into an uproar when word spreads that council members are considering killing the chickens because some of the kids have bonded with the

chickens.

As the arguments continue, Taylor puts the matter to a vote and the majority choose for the chickens to be killed. “We are cooking chickens!” she declares.

Later, three girls run to the chicken coop and lock themselves inside, intent on stopping any chicken killing.

Dailey said he is proud of his granddaughter for joining the show.

“She is a smart girl to be only 10, she’ll amount to something unlike the other Daileys,” he joked.

But she’s still just a young girl.

“The first night when she was crying, I just wanted to help her so bad,” Dailey said.

After the show taping ended, Tabitha said she gained more respect for not only her daughter but the rest of her family.

“We need to respect our kids,” Tabitha said.

Tabitha said she is proud of her daughter for going though such a positive experience and having faith in herself.

The adventure may not seem like much to some, but to the kids on “Kid Nation,” Tabitha said, they accomplished something great.

Dailey said he expects after the show people will look at his granddaughter in a new light and see her as more grown up than an average 10-year-old.

“Kid Nation” is shown at 8 p.m. Wednesdays on CBS. For information about Taylor or the show, visit www.CBS.com.

News editor Jacquelyn Stoess Hack contributed to this story.

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2007, 06:33:07 PM »
 :waves: a few pics of taylor as real pageant queen.

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2007, 10:14:04 AM »
 :lol3:  Meet Taylor  "I am going to be bossy and say you can't just play and watch other people build this town   :lol3: :lol3:

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2007, 11:31:56 AM »
:lol3:  Meet Taylor  "I am going to be bossy and say you can't just play and watch other people build this town   :lol3: :lol3:

I find it funny that she doesn't follow her own belief of not playing and watching other people build the town. :lol3: I think the Council thing got to her ego.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2007, 06:01:00 PM »
 :o  Oh My!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2007, 07:37:58 PM »
OMG! That is truly frightening!  Taylor in ten years--BB 18!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2007, 03:10:06 PM »
Mike Klinge has a leading role in a local King and I production.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2007, 07:46:44 PM »
 :waves:   Is he the King?   :hearts:

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2007, 09:20:00 AM »
 :cmas22   There's a New Sheriff in Town!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2007, 11:40:36 AM »
Great one, Blondie! I wish we had a way to get some of yours to the kids because I know they would be so proud!  :cmas17
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2007, 09:41:17 AM »
I saw the pictures of tomboy Talor on the Kid Nation website (at CBS or whatever). I thought they were awesome! Hehe! Its crazy how you can bring Jen into something a 10 year old does. When its really Daniele that acted like a 4 year old. Things go her way she throws it in peoples faces when the tables turned she cried in her room for days and days. Wah!

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2007, 05:05:43 PM »
I saw the pictures of tomboy Talor on the Kid Nation website (at CBS or whatever). I thought they were awesome! Hehe! Its crazy how you can bring Jen into something a 10 year old does. When its really Daniele that acted like a 4 year old. Things go her way she throws it in peoples faces when the tables turned she cried in her room for days and days. Wah!

Are you talking about the chop of Taylor in the Unitard?   :cmas5 I thought it was rather funny! :cmas50

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2007, 09:55:07 AM »
 :snakes: