Author Topic: Phil in the news ..  (Read 346123 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Phil in the news ..
« on: August 27, 2007, 03:32:18 PM »
US Broadcaster's Golf Stunt Starting In Inverclyde
26 August 2007

INVERCLYDE will be showcased to millions of viewers in America when a major broadcaster stops off in the area as part of an unusual travel feature.

CBS News is coming to Scotland next week to broadcast a series of travel stories, and has given a correspondent the task of hitting a golf ball across the entire country.

Phil Keoghan from The Early Show faces the challenge of hitting a golf ball from west to east; starting in Inverclyde and ending more than 100 miles away in St Andrew’s at the Old Course.

Inverclyde’s Provost Michael McCormick will meet Phil to wish him luck on Tuesday morning when the quirky news assignment gets underway at the Free French Memorial on Greenock’s Lyle

Provost McCormick said: “While I don’t envy the golf challenge CBS has set Phil, I’m pleased they’ve chosen to set off from Inverclyde and I’ll certainly be going along to wish him well as he heads for St Andrew’s. In fact, if I’d more time, I’d have joined Phil on his challenge.

“Inverclyde is a great location with fantastic river views, great golf courses, a host of heritage sites and welcoming, friendly people. So I’m delighted we’ll have the chance to show America what Inverclyde has to offer. In fact, many viewers in America may well have family connections back to Inverclyde.”

Phil Keoghan said: “I’ve always loved the people of Scotland and I just figured the best way to connect with them and really experience the culture would be through the game of golf. I look forward to teeing off from Inverclyde.”

http://www.inverclydenow.com/news-detail4.asp?ID=585

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Re: Phil in the news ..
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 06:15:05 PM »
Gooo Phil! :woohoo:  Good luck!

puddin, it says "Phil Keoghan from The Early Show...."

I didn't know Phil was a "correspondent" for cbs and/or the Early Show.  ???   I think of him as only the TAR host! 
He must work for cbs in different capacities, huh?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 06:22:20 PM »
Rudy, Phil does this Keoghans Heroes for the Early Show.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 10:15:50 AM by puddin »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 06:26:44 PM »
Ohhh...ok.  Thanks puddin.  :hugs:
Guess I should research him to see what he's up to during off-season! :)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 06:37:36 PM »
No problem Rudy..it made me look and I had missed Phil's Star Trek voyage  :yess:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 01:47:39 AM »
Rudy, Phil does this Keoghans Heroes for the Early Show.
The link takes me to "Error 500 'keoghan's%252...' Unknown Host."  Do you have an http address? 

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 09:58:57 AM »
Try this link. He wants to putt a golf ball across Scotland, which is slower but much easier on the wrists. He's also tagging along for a bike ride with his wife Louise.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 10:16:28 AM »
Oh I see what I did. thanks Slowhatch  :kuss:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 10:21:46 PM »
More on "Madcap Phil" and the golfing... :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 10:25:42 PM »
 :lol3: That wild and crazy Phil, you never know where he might show up next or what crazy madcap thing he will do.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007, 12:39:43 AM »
Thanks to all of you for the added links and info!  :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:    I'll check'em out.....

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 03:00:14 AM »
CYCLING  28 August 2007, 11:45AM

Amazing Race host enters K2
By The ARC Team

COROMANDEL

Phil Keoghan, host of the Amazing Race and holder of the World record for highest bungee jump, has heard that the K2 is the toughest ride in the Southern Hemisphere.

He is coming over from the States with his wife Louise and a few friends to give it a go – so be sure to look out for the custom made bike with “No Opportunity Lost” emblazoned on the back !

Entries have now passed the 500 mark and remember that we are limiting the entries to 1,000 riders in each event this year, for competitor safety and enjoyment reasons.

Would also like to remind you that you can enter as a group of 5 and get the 5th entry free – so if you are a good organizer get some of your friends together and enter as a group !

You can enter online via our website at www.arcevents.co.nz/k2cycle

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 12:13:53 PM »
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 09:40:18 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2007, 12:19:53 PM »
It's the raised eyebrow!  :yess: :yess: :yess:
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2007, 12:52:23 PM »
Could it possibly be Phil in a kilt??

I have my hopes! :luvu:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2007, 09:21:32 PM »
lol...I'd love to see Phil in a kilt!  :wohoo: :wohoo:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2007, 09:41:42 PM »
Well, this is odd. A coffee house owner in Stirling claims Phil visited his shop today; if so, he's already traveled 50 miles (map here)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2007, 10:34:46 PM »
Phil has been at it for 2 days, so going 50 miles in 2 days would be spectacular if solely on foot. However, there was some reference to bicycling with his wife. It would be possible to putt along a road(much easier than through fields, where any fences would make getting over them with a putter somewhat difficult although not impossible) and ride a bike along that road for the increments that the ball travels.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2007, 11:55:41 PM »
Nice find Slowhatch!

The walk will take them four days and they will end up in St Andrews, the home of golf.

They say it is 100 miles so guess they are covering about 25 a day? Does it say anywhere that he is actually walking the whole way? Or is it hit the ball, ride along, hit the ball, etc...

Funny comments about his crew though...

And while the image of a biker-golfer Phil is actually quite entertaining, I think the K2 cycling race is actually a NZ challenge scheduled for Oct 27...

I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for a pic of Phil in a kilt! :lol:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2007, 01:37:16 AM »
OH BOY  :jumpy:! You have to watch the video :luvu:

Amazing Race's Phil prepares to WoW (+ video)
By KELLY ANDREW - The Dominion Post | Friday, 21 September 2007

KENT BLECHYNDEN/Dominion Post
ENDURING TIES: Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan is all tied up, ready for the 'man unleashed' section of the Montana World of WearableArt awards, which he is filming for a documentary series.

Phil Keoghan is all tied up, ready for the "man unleashed" section of the Montana World of WearableArt awards.
View video

The Los Angeles-based Kiwi, host of TV show The Amazing Race, which this week won its fifth consecutive Emmy, is making guest appearances in the Wellington show tonight and tomorrow night.

To the sounds of It's Raining Men, he models a suit -made from interlaced silk ties with a matching top hat and cane - created by Nelson designer Sarah Hornibrooke for the 1998 awards.

Keoghan is filming the show and its creator, Suzie Moncrieff, for his documentary series Keoghan's Heroes, which will screen in the United States.

He said WoW epitomised Kiwi innovation and creativity and he was keen to get it more international exposure.

"Resourcefulness is a huge part of our culture and clearly this has come from that way of thinking. I love people that break the mould and do things differently."

When the organisers suggested he take part he jumped at the opportunity.

"With my stories, I don't like to be spectator. I don't like to stand on the sidelines. I'd rather step into the story and tell the story."

The WoW awards officially opened last night at the TSB Bank Arena, showcasing 156 carefully crafted garments. The first scenes are of a girl being read a bedtime story before the dream-like extravaganza begins. Her bed grows wings and floats to the ceiling; monsters reminiscent of Where the Wild Things Are romp across the stage.

The awards, including supreme winner, will be presented tonight but the show continues till September 30. There are limited tickets left on some nights.

The winners will be pictured in tomorrow's Dominion Post.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2007, 01:54:17 AM »
And I thought he was just a shopper:lol:
In other Phil news, either some group is promoting him without his knowledge, or he's making some unwise choices (do some googling and you'll see what I mean).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2007, 02:08:04 AM »
What the hell is this Libery League? Amway?  :lol:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2007, 07:15:20 AM »
From the article BELOW the article you get directly from the link, Liberty League is all about free enterprise as exemplified by Multi Level Marketking. Phil will be speaking to a convention of Multi Level Marketing zealots and wannabes. In this environment the actual product is not critical to the MLMers.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 07:18:32 AM by apskip »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2007, 10:19:30 PM »
And I thought he was just a shopper:lol:
In other Phil news, either some group is promoting him without his knowledge, or he's making some unwise choices (do some googling and you'll see what I mean).
From your article Slowhatch "Liberty Conference in Cancun, Mexico on October 11-13th."

Keoghan tackles big race

Keoghan will remain at his Coromandel holiday home for a few days after the October 16 race before flying back to California to compete in the Baja 1000 driving race.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2007, 10:49:16 PM »
Uh-oh...

Not good for us! if he is competing in that Race in Baja it is Nov 10-16, which seems as though it would be conflicting with the pre or start of a  TAR race IF there was going to be one this fall...Teams left last year on 11/20 and there would have to be at least a week of pre-race stuff so seems too close for me....

LINK

Makes everything else we have heard about a Jan/Feb airing start for TAR 12  even more likely :'(  if they aren't going to be working on filming another one to have ready for the spring.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 11:03:38 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule: