The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Phil in the news ..

<< < (141/158) > >>

redwings8831:

--- Quote from: Oddarane on June 04, 2013, 07:50:01 AM ---http://www.marketwatch.com/story/tv-host-phil-keoghan-and-novartis-team-up-to-inspire-people-with-ms-through-innovative-tandem-cycling-campaign-2013-06-04

--- End quote ---

--- Quote --- Since 2011, Together in MS tandem cycling teams, which include the NOW and Novartis for MS professional women cyclists and people living with MS, have ridden about 1,000 miles on tandem bicycles at 15 National MS Society Bike MS events across the country to raise awareness and inspire people. This year's tour begins on June 8 in Duluth, Minn. with a total of five stops nationwide, including: Denver, Colo. (June 29), Seattle, Wash. (Sept. 7), Morristown, N.J. (Sept. 21) and Ventura, Calif. (Oct. 12).
--- End quote ---

georgiapeach:
Keoghan and Lyalls will be riding tandem in the Seattle, Morristown and Ventura rides.

slayton:
Tom Bergeron tweeted this roundtable interview in which Phil was involved. 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/print/568560

Plaidmoon:

--- Quote from: slayton on June 17, 2013, 11:10:55 PM ---Tom Bergeron tweeted this roundtable interview in which Phil was involved. 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/print/568560

--- End quote ---

That was a very interesting discussion with the hosts of about a half dozen reality shows. I thought this was the best part about TAR. Phil gives his thoughts about why the Family Edition was a bad idea:

TheHollywoodReporter: Looking back, is there a scene or moment on your show that you wish hadn't aired?

Klum: Thankfully, I don't have anything like that.

Jackson: I don't think there's any moment on Idol I wish hadn't aired. If you're calling yourself a real reality show, you have to show it all.

Keoghan: I wish we hadn't done the family version of Amazing Race, but I'm proud that we tried it. It didn't work, and it came back to the whole thing of having to eliminate kids. It's hard enough to eliminate anybody because they want to be there so badly, and I had to look into a kid's eyes with the tears pouring down with a raised eyebrow and dramatic pause, cameras coming in: "I'm sorry to tell you, you've been eliminated."

Klum: You're a monster, Mr. Keoghan.

Keoghan: So we do the family version of The Amazing Race, and the very first family that I have to eliminate is the Black family, who happen to be black. They were an amazing family, and I was talking to the father about how he wanted to be addressed. He said, "I want to be called the Black family. I'm very proud of my name, and I'm proud to be black." I was like, OK, and so we go to Harlem, and I'm doing a school visit, and I'm standing on the stage thinking, "How am I going to do this?" It's 800 kids, and I go, "And now from The Amazing Race: Family Version, please welcome …" And I just didn't know what else to say but "the Black family." I thought I was going to be killed, and then Mr. Black, thankfully, came up and said, "Hey, settle down, that's our name, we're Black, and we're brown." He saved my life. I guess I wish that hadn't aired.

Lakshmi: That's great television, clearly.

Bergeron: Week two, he gets rid of the Honky family.

Jimmer:
Eliminating kids was really sad, but I loved that season! I just don't know why but I did! I'm glad they did it! :hrt:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version