Author Topic: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*  (Read 800781 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*
« Reply #2075 on: April 23, 2007, 12:24:30 PM »
Well you can see for yourself ..just over a minute in
OK my bad it was the editing that made it look/sound like they were talking about Danny & Oswald  :lol:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #2076 on: May 05, 2007, 09:25:58 PM »
Just wanted to get my name onto all these threads this evening.

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2077 on: May 06, 2007, 06:12:52 PM »
It's been a great season for spoiling. Good job to everyone! :hearts:
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2078 on: May 08, 2007, 09:59:12 AM »
This really isn't germane to spoilers, but I think it will provide a chuckle for a few folks who will see it here and not in Episode 12 thread where it belongs. Phil at the beginning of ep. 12 as Dustin/Kandice are leaving the mat in Macao voiceovers that they will fly to Guam "over 7500 miles away." Well, I knew that was rubbish but I was too busy to track down the real details. They are quite simple:

Direct Distance Kong Kong to Guam 2094 miles

Distance Kong Kong to Tokyo         1793 miles
Distance Tokyo to Guam                1564 miles
TOTAL HKG TO NRT TO GUM         3357 miles

Any way you calculate it, you are either 4143 or 5406 miles short of 7500 miles. I have sent Betran van Munster a letter informing him of this mistake and asking him to be more careful on geographic matters (he did the same on the distance South Pole to South America, a "few hundred miles"). I can do no less and maintain the standard of the title below my avatar! 

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #2079 on: May 08, 2007, 10:13:25 AM »
This really isn't germane to spoilers, but I think it will provide a chuckle for a few folks who will see it here and not in Episode 12 thread where it belongs. Phil at the beginning of ep. 12 as Dustin/Kandice are leaving the mat in Macao voiceovers that they will fly to Guam "over 7500 miles away." Well, I knew that was rubbish but I was too busy to track down the real details. They are quite simple:

Direct Distance Kong Kong to Guam 2094 miles

Distance Kong Kong to Tokyo         1793 miles
Distance Tokyo to Guam                1564 miles
TOTAL HKG TO NRT TO GUM         3357 miles

Any way you calculate it, you are either 4143 or 5406 miles short of 7500 miles. I have sent Betran van Munster a letter informing him of this mistake and asking him to be more careful on geographic matters (he did the same on the distance South Pole to South America, a "few hundred miles"). I can do no less and maintain the standard of the title below my avatar! 

But you forgot the distance from Macao to Hong Kong.  Maybe TPTB calculated that distance to be 4143 miles!!!

Just typical of some of the self-serving boasting TAR has been doing lately.  Which together with the constant bunch-ups that TPTB insist on that make TAR much less of a race in each ensuing series and contributes to the slowly eroding audience.  This could spell trouble for a TAR 12 in the coming season.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2080 on: May 26, 2007, 10:05:13 PM »
This isn't really a spoiler, espcially since we are now 3 weeks past the finale. This is a reference back to Episode 5, Mozambique, where there were the amazing rats. Those rats are going to be on FRONTLINE/WORLD I believe nationwide on PBS Tuesday June 26 at 9pm as one of 3 segments. This segment is "from Mozambique, where trained rats save lives discovering landmines." In the New York metro area, it's on Channel 13.