Archive > The Amazing Race 12 Archive

The Amazing Race 12 in the Media

<< < (31/33) > >>

mswood:
Also in the episode is a list of their polls throughout the year.  One of which is what is the best reality show?

AR won that, next I believe was Dances With the Stars, Idol, Top Chef and then Survivor.

Poor survivor, no respect.  :yess:

apskip:
I made a list of all the really good things I appreciate on TARFlies website:

1. Historical recaps of AR1 through AR11.
2. Weekly article during each Amazing Race, with AR12 done by The Air Controllers, Zach Behr and Shawn Pooley, and Carissa Gaghan.
3. TARticles for April 2003 through April 2007
4. Links to the Racers websites
5. Links to most Other TAR websites (with RFF prominently missing)
6. Links to CBS websites for AR1 to AR12

Then I thought about what is negative and disgusting about TARFlies. Let's start with the exclusion of RFF from their list of Other TAR websites. I don't know how this started, but it has gone on far too long. The individuals calling the shots at TARFlies should GROW UP! They should also replace Moderators such as one Rachel in Toronto, whose tag-line is "the bitchiest bitch" and I can vouch for the veracity of that from personal observation. I have a lot more I could be posting on TARFlies and so does TARAsiaFan. Neither of us do because of the restrictions and poisoned atmosphere that are currently in effect as a result of Rachel imposing her personal views as the policy of TARFLies. For example, no recaps are allowed because she thinks they are unnecessary. Why bother to fight it?; just walk away. So, my conclusion is that Josh Wolk and the boys at Entertainment Weekly just aren't very knowledgeable about the real TARFlies: it looks good from the outside, but parts of it are rotten on the inside.

TARAsia Fan:
I can go on and on about TARFlies, but it's not worth it. I've made my feelings known about that place to a couple of people here. I've said what I had to say about it. Let's just say I like it here.  :js: :js: :js: :waves: :waves:

TARAsia Fan:
Your Episode 9 Recap is here. :puter: :puter:

apskip:
Five comments on your recap, Ken:

1. This was a 24 hour pitstop in Mumbai.
2. The dialogue between Christina and Ronald about the direct flight may seem like Christina was the big victor for shutting him up, but in fact his point about nonstop vs. direct is incredibly important and Christina ignoring it indicates a level of major immaturity on her part. She wants to be the team captain, but can't recognize what is important.
3. Your statement "Mumbai to New Dehli, then to Beijing, then finally to Osaka. You see that route? That's a crazy route. They might as well flown to Abu Dhabi, then Osaka and probably would have arrived just as fast" is not valid. It only happens to be true for this specific case because of TK & Rachel's 7 hour wait in Delhi for the flight to Beijing. there are many flights Mumbai to Delhi and from Beijing to Osaka. There are a limited number of flights Delhi to Beijing, but if you hit it right, that would have been the BEST route.  TK&Rachel did not get the right travel agent, so they did not hit it right. For their timing, they should have been on the same route as the others, except on through Seoul.
4. "Rachel notices an empty airport (Delhi)." In fact the other teams stopped in Delhi 30 to 90 minutes later(schedules for that flight conflict), but none of the 3 teams got off there for a break nor were Tk&Rachel smart enough to check on alternate flight possibilities there during that period, when they could have switched to AI310 before it left ofr Hong Kong.
5. I think teams that went quickly to the second floor of Nishiwada Castle were either smart or lucky, because that vantage point gave them a view of the grounds form which the location of the cluebox was immedatiely clear.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version