Author Topic: "The Apprentice"  (Read 75173 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
"The Apprentice"
« on: July 16, 2007, 04:50:33 PM »
NBC shakes things up
'Apprentice' returns; Washington gets 'Bionic'
By JOSEF ADALIAN
'The Apprentice'

"The Apprentice" will return to NBC next year -- with a major twist.
Next edition of the Donald Trump-Mark Burnett skein will feature a celebrity cast, NBC topper Ben Silverman told Daily Variety. Silverman pitched the idea to the show's producers after seeing how well a celeb "Apprentice" did in the UK.

Casting has just started, but Silverman says early interest in the concept is strong. Silverman said he's already started lobbying some of his celeb pals to do the show-- including cast members of "The Office," natch.

No word yet on an airdate for the new season.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117968623.html?categoryid=14&cs=1
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 07:41:58 PM by puddin »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: "The Apprentice" will return
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 07:54:07 PM »
People from The Office?  :lol3:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 07:57:04 PM »
 :lol3:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 09:20:41 PM »
:lol3:

NBC has jumped the shark with this one!   :spitcoffee:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 09:32:43 PM »
I bet he wishs he didn't bash Rosie O'Donell now!! ;)

Offline Kilarney

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 08:03:08 AM »
This is a train wreck.  Doesn't anyone remember "Celebrity Mole" or "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here!"?

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 10:57:12 AM »
This is a train wreck.  Doesn't anyone remember "Celebrity Mole" or "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here!"?
I bet he wishs he didn't bash Rosie O'Donell now!! ;)

:funny:  Let's see "The Donald" put Rosie in a tent! It would be GET ME OUT OF HERE for both!  :yess:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 05:58:30 PM »
The main incentive driving contestants to do their best on The Apprentice in the past has been the $250,000 job with Donald Trump. Celebrities typically make more than that and would not have the slightest interest in putting up with Donald Trump. Celebrity contests typically have the winnings going to a designated charity, which is nice but not exactly the same degree of motivation. I think Celebrity Apprentice will be a pretty absurd show (although not as bad as celebrity Amazing Race would be). The only Celebrity contest that I have ever seen worth watching was To Tell the Truth with its panel of celebrities.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 11:51:07 PM »
 :rotf: :lol3: Absolutely absurb.  I hate all Celebrity Shows!!!  Waste o' time.
There are too  many GOOD shows out there, so how on earth does NBC think this one would draw viewers?  Beats me.  ???

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 09:27:57 AM »
WHAT?!  A Celebrity Edition?  Trump is trying too hard to gain back his viewers.  All he needs to do is revert to the same format in the first season.

:groan:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 09:36:52 PM »
Yeah you're right, Mark, and bring back George and Carolyn!! 
The Donald must be desperate to have a Celebrity edition. 
Really dumb. :wall:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 02:39:15 PM »
Candidates Announced for Celebrity Apprentice; Show to Debut January 3  11/19/07

SEVENTH INSTALLMENT OF REALITY HIT TO RETURN TO NEW YORK CITY WITH ALL-STAR LINEUP
Trace Adkins, Carol Alt, Stephen Baldwin, Nadia Comaneci, Tiffany Fallon, Jennie Finch, Nely Galan, Marilu Henner, Lennox Lewis, Piers Morgan, Omarosa, Tito Ortiz, Vincent Pastore, and Gene Simmons To Face Off on the City Streets and in the Boardroom For Charity

NEW YORK – Monday, Nov. 19th 2007 – NBC and Donald Trump return to New York City with "The Celebrity Apprentice," with an all-star celebrity lineup of candidates. Now in its seventh season, this installment of "The Apprentice" changes the game. "The Celebrity Apprentice" with host Donald Trump begins its latest edition on Thursday, January 3 (9:00PM ET).

Contestants will not be vying for a job with Donald Trump, but the business-savvy celebrity contestants will be working towards a greater goal -- as they raise over a million dollars for their various charities throughout the season. Not only will the final winner be crowned the first 'Celebrity Apprentice,' but he or she will also have the honor of delivering a two-hundred and fifty thousand dollar bonus check to their designated charity.

All 14 celebrities will be competing in business driven tasks around New York City, using their fame along with their proven business acumen to win challenges, while ultimately raising money and awareness for their respective causes.

Just as in the regular "Apprentice," the celebrities will be subjected to long hours, grueling mental challenges, personality clashes, and intense scrutiny -- all without the help of their regular support system of agents, managers, and personal assistants.

Certain tasks encourage the contestants to reach out to their network of celebrity contacts for assistance or donations -- making for entertaining surprise visits by some of the world's biggest stars along the way.

"This will be the most exciting season of 'The Apprentice' yet – maybe even better than Season One. Our fourteen celebrity contestants are incredible individually, and as a group they will make 'The Celebrity Apprentice' one of the hottest shows on television. I promise you a fantastic new season!" Said Donald J. Trump, executive producer of ' The Celebrity Apprentice.'

"We're back, and in our old time slot. The series is epic and Donald is on fire!" Said Mark Burnett, executive producer of 'The Celebrity Apprentice.'

All of the tasks will be judged by Trump and his advisors in the boardroom. Returning back to the boardroom are Trump's children (and colleagues) Ivanka and Donald Trump Jr., alongside longtime Trump Organization employee and "Apprentice" advisor George Ross. In a new twist, the boardroom will feature a "rotating seat," allowing a variety of famous business leaders and industry legends to join Trump in spirited judgment on tasks for the first time in the series.

"This season's celebrity version of 'The Apprentice' is going to blow people away," said Craig Plestis Executive Vice President, Alternative Programming, Development and Specials, NBC Entertainment. "We have assembled a group of savvy celebrities who are playing their hearts out for their favorite charities, on the streets of New York City." He added, "You may think you have seen it all, but there will be lots of twists and surprises to sweeten the pot for everyone. We had so much fun shooting this and we know viewers are going to embrace this amped up Apprentice."

ABOUT THE CANDIDATES

Each celebrity contestant was handpicked for their balance of notoriety and business skills. Capsule bios are below, with full biographies available on NBC Media Village.

TRACE ADKINS is a country music star with seven studio albums. He has had twenty-three singles on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs charts, with two of those singles -- "(This Ain't) No Thinkin' Thing" and "Ladies Love Country Boys" – hitting No. 1.

CAROL ALT is a successful model/actress with over 700 covers and 65 films. She currently has her own natural cosmetics line and is an advocate for the health benefits of eating raw.

STEPHEN BALDWIN is an actor best known for his role in the 1995 film "The Usual Suspects". A born-again Christian, he travels the country as a speaker and is a best-selling religious author.

NADIA COMANECI burst into the limelight as the star of the 1976 Montreal Olympics, is the most celebrated gymnast of our time. The diminutive Romanian eventually produced a lifetime Olympic medal haul of five golds, three silvers and one bronze and she has left behind a competitive record which will be virtually impossible to match. In 2005, FOX.com considered her one of the "Greatest Athletes in 150 years of Sports History". Comaneci will be the new face of L'Oreal cosmetics

TIFFANY FALLON was named Playboy's Playmate of the Year for 2005. She is married to Joe Don Rooney from the chart-topping country band, Rascal Flatts. Fallon was also Miss Georgia USA 2001 and holds a sports marketing degree from Florida State University as well as being the host of IFL Battleground.

JENNIE FINCH won a gold medal as a member of the 2004 and 2008 Olympic Softball team. She was the first woman to host "This Week In Baseball" for FOX Sports. Finch markets the Jennie Finch Windmill, an invention of her father's to improve softball pitching technique.

NELY GALAN created Galan Entertainment, producing over 600 episodes of programming in both the English and Spanish language. Her TV talk-show with Padre Alberto has a huge following, and recently signed a deal with NBC Universal to create English-language telenovellas across all media platforms for the company.

MARILU HENNER is a 5 time Golden Globe nominated actress who memorably starred in "Taxi" and "Evening Shade" as well as countless films. Henner has enjoyed a second career as the author of six best-selling books on diet and health.

LENNOX LEWIS is a former heavyweight-boxing champion – a three-time champion, a distinction shared with Muhammad Ali and Evander Holyfield.

OMAROSA was the breakout star of the premiere season of "The Apprentice." She previously served as Deputy Associate Director of Presidential Personnel at the White House for then President Bill Clinton.

PIERS MORGAN is currently a judge on NBC's talent show hit "America 's Got Talent." He created First News, a newspaper for kids, and is a former British tabloid editor. He has written bestselling books such as "The Insider" and "Don't You Know Who I Am?"

TITO ORTIZ is an Ultimate Fighting Champion – holds the record for light heavyweight fighting from 2000-2003. He has his own clothing line, and is developing a new XBOX game.

VINCENT PASTORE was an actor in the Emmy winning series, "The Sopranos". He was the voice of Luca in "Shark Tale" and hosts "The Wise Guy Show" on Sirius Satellite Radio's Raw Dog Comedy channel. Pastore has been passionately involved in the music industry, starting his career running nightclubs and music venues. He is soon to star on Broadway in " Chicago".

GENE SIMMONS is best known for his persona in the band KISS, as well as his many other flourishing businesses such as his fashion label and KISS merchandise. He was an elementary school teacher, considered being a rabbi, and produced Van Halen's demo that got them signed to Warner Brothers Records in 1977. He is currently taping his reality show "Gene Simmons Family Jewels."

"The Apprentice" is produced by Mark Burnett Productions in association with Trump Productions LLC. Mark Burnett, Donald Trump are executive producers, Eden Gaha and Page Feldman are co- executive producers

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2007, 06:52:37 AM »
I'll give this new edition a try, only b/c I like The Donald's concept and how he runs the show.  I just hope each celebrity will be  treated the same as regular contestants. 

Offline blsnbelles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2007, 12:18:44 AM »

I know this post is "old" but I remember these shows and I loved them... but did get bored with the stars being holier than thou...

Offline blsnbelles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2007, 12:21:48 AM »
I always watch this show and will continue to watch this show for some reason I like celebrity shows... I can't wait for it to start!

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2007, 10:40:42 PM »
Celebrity Apprentice starts Thursday Jan. 3. YUCK!

EDITOR'S NOTE - On NBC tonight, the start date for Celebrity Apprentice was restated as Thursday Jan. 10.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 08:13:56 PM by apskip »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2007, 02:21:47 AM »
I don't like celebrity shows, but I'm a glutten of punishment! :groan:
I'll ck it out at least...and go from there.  Well it depends.  If another show that I like lots better is on at the same time, I'll watch it instead.  Amen.   

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2007, 09:21:12 AM »
Wonder if Vincent "Big Pussy" Pastore will drop out of this one early like he did on DWTS. 

Anyways, I'll be watching this too.  Nothing else will be on TV on Thursday nights.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2007, 09:30:12 PM »
Wonder if Vincent "Big Pussy" Pastore will drop out of this one early like he did on DWTS. 

Anyways, I'll be watching this too.  Nothing else will be on TV on Thursday nights.
Thurs in January should be a good nite without schedule conflicts. Trump & nbc picked a good time for Apprentice.

Cinera, I can't remember who Vincent "Big Pussy" Pastore is!  Actor or what?

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2007, 09:51:16 PM »
Pastore was on The Sopranos.  I've never seen the show before, but I know that cause that's what they advertised for DWTS.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2007, 01:06:20 PM »
I have the entire list of the Celebrity Apprentice cast. Most of these people are what I would refer to as B list stars in their fields with a few exceptions. Those exceptions are:

Nadia Comaneci, darling of the 1976 Olympics, where she scored the first perfect 10 ever in gymnastics competition
Jenny Finch, darling of the U.S. 2004 Olympic softball team and likely star on the 2008 team, being broadcast on NBC
Gene Simmons, rock star for the group KISS

The rest are:

Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth. the infamous Apprentice 1 reject
Lennox Lewis, heavyweight boxing champion of the world
Piers Morgan, chief judge on "America's Got Talent"
Tito Ortiz, martial arts star
Tiffany Fallon, Playmate of the Year
Trace Adkins, country music star
Carol Alt, model
Nely Galan,  President of network Telemundo(owned by NBC)
Marilu Henner, TV and movie actress
Stephen Baldwin, TV and movie actor
Vincent Pastore, TV and movie actor

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2007, 02:43:59 PM »
Pastore was on The Sopranos.  I've never seen the show before, but I know that cause that's what they advertised for DWTS.
That would be Big Pussy  :cmas27

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2007, 12:53:27 PM »
Celebrity Apprentice starts Thursday Jan. 3. YUCK!

EDITOR'S NOTE - On NBC tonight, the start date for Celebrity Apprentice was restated as Thursday Jan. 10.

Zap2it just confirmed the show was pushed back another week to premiere on Jan 10th.  Reasons for the push-back are because of its two biggest competitors, The Orange Bowl and a new episode of Grey's anatomy, would be airing at the same time on Jan 3rd.  In order to get the ratings it wants, Celeb Apprentice will be airing Jan 10th. 

Source: http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-celebrityapprenticedelayed,0,6864568.story?coll=zap-news-headlines

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2007, 08:45:47 PM »
Thanks Cinera.  I thought Jan 3 sounded kind of early.  I wonder if there are other conflicts later though.  Doesn't Grey's Anatomy air every Thurs?  I'll go check tvguide to see.

I'm relieved there will be no conflict with American Idol7!  :jumpy:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2007, 03:04:21 PM »
Donald Trump: 'The Celebrity Apprentice' best one we've ever done

I've attached the link, it's a long article

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/donald-trump-the-celebrity-apprentice-best-one-weve-ever-done-6306.php