Author Topic: Locations  (Read 129607 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: The Amazing Race 12 Location Spoilers/Rumors
« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2007, 11:20:35 PM »
You heard it here first.  Well, at least most of you.  Hi Peach!

I think the Belize location will be followed by El Salvador.  It is a yet-to-be-visited TAR country.

The indirect reasoning I am using to get this prediction comes from the way the flights would have to go to get to LAX by the 8th of July.

If they had been directed to Ireland from Belize then LAX would be a really bad connection to use.  It got me thinking that some other place that would result in LAX being a good connection had to be the next destination after Belize.

Here are some direct flights from San Salvador into LAX on July 8th:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2007, 11:40:18 PM »
Hi Chateau!

Did you see apskip's great list of flights too?

I have no idea-- but I hope to have some more from Belize by next week some time.

And Houston airport has told me directly that no filming was done in their airport then--so I think we can safely rule out Houston as a possibility.

And puddin--great blog find but now we have a time conflict. I can't imagine they would arrive in Ireland on July 9 from LAX and be in Amsterdam the same day. ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2007, 11:49:35 PM »
I think the Amsterdam spotting was on the tenth.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2007, 11:51:34 PM »

And puddin--great blog find but now we have a time conflict. I can't imagine they would arrive in Ireland on July 9 from LAX and be in Amsterdam the same day. ???

Don't kill the messenger  :lol:! Maybe her camera date is wrong? Damn if I know? I can't even read Spanish.

Chateau D si, en tant que toujours. vous basculez ! :yaya:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #104 on: October 05, 2007, 11:57:06 PM »
okay--

we have one blog in English that can date the sighting to July 10, which would work fine for our timeline.

Now the 2nd blog in imperfectly  :lol: translated Spanish was written as an update on July 22. So even if her pics are from the 9th, what's to say it wasn't the 10th she saw racers? Not like we have racer pics on the 9th. Unless once it is translated it clearly says that she is somewhere else on the 10th, I think we are still fine to assume the 10th.

Right--or not??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #105 on: October 05, 2007, 11:58:58 PM »
I think the Amsterdam spotting was on the tenth.
Right! Just because "maybe" she saw 3 teams and the pictures were taken on the 9th doesn't mean she couldn't have seen the teams on the 10th

on the 8th she was in Frankfurt

then Amsterdam the 9th

And YES she was in Amsterdam on the 10th as well! as well as the 11th

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #106 on: October 06, 2007, 12:11:32 AM »
YES! That works then.

My guess would be that they fly into Schiphol airport on the 10th sometime--it is a quick 20-30 minutes from the airport by train to Central Station, which is minutes from the area that a "walking tour" would be covering.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: October 06, 2007, 07:38:18 AM »
Several diverse observations:

1. The Tour de France point of departure for Tuesday July 10 was Wagerem, 10 miles southwest of Ghent. Although it was possible for teams to be seen around town in the early morning, they would have left for the start line by maybe 9am. I doubt that the travelers would have seen them in Ghent the morning of July 10. It had to be July 9 when they were actually finishing in Ghent. Getting a good spot there and waiting for the race to finish would have required the 5 hours mentioned in their blog.

2. I have given more thought to the question of when the race might have started. In order for teams to be seen in Belize on July 5, they would have started no earlier than July 3, which is consistent with prior information. An alternate theory is that they started July 2 and went somewhere else first. The list of such places would include anywhere you can easily fly to Belize City to or take a bus from. That would include all of the Mayan Riveria form Cancun down, Cozumel, Chetumal, Guatemala City, Tikal, San Pedro Sula, Tegucigalpa, La Ceiba, and  San Salvador.

3. I like Chateau's theory that San Salvador might be the next destination after Belize City. There are nonstop flights from San Salvador to Los Angeles as he indicated. The other possibility is that teams get to northwest Mexico, one of the cities indicated in my SPECULATION thread posts. This appeals to me because I have a hard time believing that they are going to send teams from the middle of Central America northwest to Los Angeles and then northeast to Ireland, about 8000 miles of flying all in one 24 hour period.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 08:01:57 AM by apskip »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #108 on: October 06, 2007, 01:11:46 PM »
 :jumpy:

posted on 14 July 2007

Our biggest news of interest is that it appears that the Amazing Race teams and crew were on our plane from Paris to Burkina. 
We have no clue what they could find interesting to do in Burkina but we noticed the flight was very full and it turns out that there were 40-50 people on the plane associated with the production.  We were sitting in Paris waiting to board and we kept seeing guys with really big video cameras, running up and then turning around to get video of two people coming towards them. 
We talked with a couple of people who said that they couldn’t say who they were with but they didn’t deny it either. 
There is a chance that we are in the background of several shots at the Paris airport or on the plane. 
Also, the SIM missionary from Ouaga who met us at the airport was definitely on camera giving directions to a team (Tim? & Don) who we had met and helped on the plane. 
Anyway,  I think they are shooting for the fall or the spring and they said that they were in the middle of the race.  If anyone could record it for us, that would be great.  I’m sure there would be some interesting things about Burkina and you might get to see a little bit of our airport and what it’s like to arrive here. 
Several of the teams were not quite dressed appropriately to handle the heat or the cultural requirements, so it will be interesting to see what they do (there was a goth team and the guy was wearing white face paint!).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #109 on: October 06, 2007, 01:26:46 PM »
fwiw~ I came across this the other day:

Male
25 years old
London, London and South East
United Kingdom

Derek's Companies  Current 

World Race Productions
Marina Del Rey, CA US
Research Coordinator
"The Amazing Race"

http://www.myspace.com/derekhelwig11   

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 06, 2007, 01:53:43 PM »
I thought the goth team was supposed to be a F/F team

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #111 on: October 06, 2007, 02:06:55 PM »
I thought the goth team was supposed to be a F/F team
I believe the Johnsons and I'm calling the F/F Goth Girls post BS.

Offline KingCrimson88

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #112 on: October 06, 2007, 02:26:02 PM »
Remember when the Kuwait spoiler pics came out in TAR10? We all thought Godwin was female. You can never be 100% sure of anyones gender.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #113 on: October 06, 2007, 03:33:19 PM »
I love it when they go to Paris. 

Here is the flight info:  Air France #732  departs 10:55 am on Friday, July 13th

« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 03:37:54 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #114 on: October 06, 2007, 04:01:35 PM »
This should make apskips happy! He reiterated that they must go to Burkina  :yess:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #115 on: October 06, 2007, 04:20:40 PM »
okay--Amsterdam on the 10th. somewhere the 11th, with the 12th the travel day to Paris?

They could take The Thalys which is the express train--what with security and all it rivals flying for speed!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline KingCrimson88

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #116 on: October 06, 2007, 05:31:33 PM »
Isn't it likely that they simply connect through Paris? Doesn't mean they actually have a leg there.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #117 on: October 06, 2007, 05:34:33 PM »
Wasn't suggesting a leg--just speculating on transportation for now... ;)

They have to get there somehow!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #118 on: October 06, 2007, 05:35:28 PM »

Isn't it likely that they simply connect through Paris? Doesn't mean they actually have a leg there.

You're right but I'm still holding out for Paris   :jam:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #119 on: October 07, 2007, 08:23:23 PM »

You're right but I'm still holding out for Paris   :jam:

Doubt that TAR12 will have a leg in Paris.  Been there, done that, have the tee shirt.  TAR12 is supposed to concentrate on new spots like Ireland and Barkino Fasi

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: October 08, 2007, 08:24:41 AM »
Additional observations based on recent posts:

1. GMAN, I love ya(but not the way puddin does). However, Burkina Faso doesn't get much press(neither did its predecessor Upper Volta) and what it does get should be accurate and respectful. I would like to see you learn to spell it correctly. I had to learn how to not leave out the first "a" in Ouagadougou, which I have had to go back and fix.

2. The train schedules provided by Chateau says just what I had predicted, that getting train service into CDG by 9am for the flight to OUA would be difficult. This is so even from Amsterdam where train servic is almost hourly. The problem is it doesn't start early enough to make the connection. What does this mean? It means that the earlier hypothesis that they actually flew from AMS to CDG is the most likely. I do not believe(sorry, Chateau) that the Race would have sent teams to Paris and exposed them in a place where American tourists abound for an unnecessary overnight stay when they could do so quietly in the Dutch countryside near Amsterdam.

3. Flights they could have taken are:

KL1227 (code share AF8227) departs Amsterdam 650am arrives CDG 805am

KL1223 (code share AF8223) departs Amsterdam 720am arrives CDG 840am

Both of these are well within the security/checkin requirements for a 1055am intercontinental flight. There is also a one hour later flight that doesn't but could serve in a pinch.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 08:29:52 AM by apskip »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2007, 01:36:40 AM »
Has TAR ever been to Barbados???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2007, 04:47:36 AM »
Season 10, Episode 12

This is all I can find...would the episode credits show anything?

Rob and Kimberly bicker themselves all the way to a first place finish. They win an awesome trip for two to Barbados, spa money and a land and sea safari.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #123 on: October 11, 2007, 11:33:39 PM »
Well guys, we need to get our thinking caps back on.

Sadly, it looks as though Belize may not be part of TAR 12 after all.   :(

Based on some Belize legal requirements, there is no evidence that TAR 12 met those requirements--or made any effort there to do so.

Could they have still filmed? Not legally according to my source. And they have been by the book everywhere else.

And while I am giving you the bad news, Dallas airport as a filming location has also been ruled out, as has Houston, and most likely Atlanta.

Some good news? I have renewed hope for Kerry in Ireland! ;)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #124 on: October 11, 2007, 11:36:51 PM »
Good stuff peachs! Keep it coming :yourock: