Author Topic: So You Think You Can Dance  (Read 13124 times)

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
Re: So You Think You Can Dance
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2007, 02:50:34 PM »
I haven't watched the top 20 episode yet but I'm hoping to get to it tonight on the plane home. I am actually very interested in this show though I was very skeptical about it at first. But it is something for me to pass the time and wait for a new season of Idol.

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2007, 07:03:15 AM »
I hate to break it to you BballKates, but they got rid of the tall girl first this time!!!  :lol:

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2007, 11:00:58 AM »
I hate to break it to you BballKates, but they got rid of the tall girl first this time!!!  :lol:

Huh? Tall like Jordin Sparks? I'm confused.

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2007, 07:55:15 AM »
I know you are a big basketball player/fan. You mentioned in the past that you liked Ayla Brown, the tall, basketball playing American Idol contestant from Season 5. Then in AI season 6, you pull for the tall Jordin Sparks from the beginning. I know she also played some basketball for her high school.

I don't know if So You Think You Can Dance's Ashlee played any basketball or not, but I read where her father did. She is very tall, so I figured you would have liked her!!!  :lol:

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2007, 06:27:18 PM »
I know you are a big basketball player/fan. You mentioned in the past that you liked Ayla Brown, the tall, basketball playing American Idol contestant from Season 5. Then in AI season 6, you pull for the tall Jordin Sparks from the beginning. I know she also played some basketball for her high school.

I don't know if So You Think You Can Dance's Ashlee played any basketball or not, but I read where her father did. She is very tall, so I figured you would have liked her!!!  :lol:

That's funny and you have quite the memory. I'm actually rooting for Sarah I think her name is the break dancer from Colorado, I have to support my fellow Coloradans.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2007, 09:33:26 PM »
actually that girl has training in all sorts of dance and she's really really really good!!! i hope she does well

too bad that guy was kicked out first i thought he was amazing!
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2007, 06:15:58 AM »
You're talking about Ricky!!! I was watching the show last again last night with my two daughters. We all agree that Ricky should not have gone home. Unfortunately he was stuck with a bad dance for he and his partner, and some crappy choreography!!! If you look at last week's pairings, it looks like this ......

1 Hok and Jamie doing a (Hip Hop) routine --- Hok carried them, because he is a Hip Hop dancer.

2 Anya and Danny (Jive) --- Anya admitted that being a Latin dancer, she was well versed in Jive.

3 Kameron and Lacey (Comtemporary) --- Kameron is listed as a contemporary/hip hop dancer. Plus they had a great routine to dance.

4 D-Trix and Sabra (Disco) --- Neither knew this dance, they just did OK on it, and were in the bottom three.

5 Ricky and Ashlee (Tango) --- Both Ricky and Ashlee dance contemporary.

6 Sara and Chuy (Pop Jazz) --- It was a great routine, and Chuy is listed in his bio as a contemporary/Jazz dancer.

7 Pasha and Jess (Waltz) --- Pasha is used to partnering, so the waltz was easy for him.

8 Cedric and Fiana (Hip Hop) --- Even thou he was in his element, they were in the bottom three.

9 Neil and Lauren (Salsa) --- This was neither of their fortes, but both of them have a strong early fan base.

10 Jimmy and Shauna (Broadway) --- Tice usually has great Broadway routines, and this was one of them. They did not do it that well though, and very well could have been in the bottom three instead of Cedric and Fiana.

So in my opinion, Ricky got screwed by the fact that he wasn't given a good dance or partner right out of the starting gate. At least five of the teams had a partner who familiar with the dance they were given. A lot of this competition is luck I suppose!!! :umn:
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 07:14:52 AM by tanbuns »

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2007, 07:08:48 AM »
I agree with you!! I was thinking the same thing the partnering was messed up!!

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2007, 07:05:48 AM »
boo another great guy was kicked off....i'm mad they left cedrick last week and the week before...dumb moves.

jessie had to go...other than the fact she ended up in the hospital ... she was just starting to bother me.

PASHA I love that guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he rocks....when he had to dance with the assistant I was dying because the tango is very sexy and he had to be all into that bette midler look alike...it was funny...he couldn't do the lifts with her...as bad as it is...I was laughing ...but when he did the same dance with jessie I wasn't as impressed...(with him I love him he was great...her.....well she's gone)

and the bottom 3 guys....sucks because they are all great....Jesus is gone =( boo  but i must say dominic is growing on me!! I still am rooting for Cameron and Pasha to win.

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2007, 01:20:52 PM »
I am really mad about the results show!!!  (:;)

Even though he was great every week, they tell Jesus that they were letting him go because his solo wasn't as good as Neil's and Danny's. Neil has sucked every week, and should have been the one to leave!!! But he is their beloved Lauren's partner, so they didn't want to mess her up!!!  :knuckles:

Lauren's solo sucked the worst of anybody, and they called her on it publically. So why didn't they give her the boot like they did Chuy? They said when they chose her for the Top 20 that they wouldn't play favorites!!! I think they're all a bunch of liars!!!

And I personally thought that Jessie was awesome with Pasha Thursday night!!! And a LOT better than Lauren in her solo!!!  :furious:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 02:35:25 PM by tanbuns »

Offline reedthis

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2007, 10:51:24 AM »
Oh I totally agree with you tanbuns my mouth flew  :o open when they booted Jesus off.  Neil should have went.  They definitely gave Neil and Lauren a second chance and I don't think thats fair.  Jesus has been doing so great and has improved since the beginning of the show and Neil has not.  I think they'll do the same thing with Lacey (Benji's sister)  save her when she should go home.
What We Do In Life Echoes Into Eternity!!!

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2007, 06:37:25 PM »
I think all the guys were great that night so it was a hard a choice. But I think Lauren clearly had the worst performance of the three and I'm not sure why she stayed and Jessi went. I like Lacey though and I think she has been strong throughout.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2007, 08:24:34 AM »
lauren used more than half her time to walk on and take off the jacket.

jessie was let go cause of what happened probably...he solo STANK Too ....doesn't matter that she did the dance with pasha (who i think is AMAZING!~! ) she wasn't there she has a "condition" and they could be afraid its going to happen again.  thats my piece on that...

Jesus should have stayed...although i really like neil...jesus has been great at all types of dancing..neil has a slower start...but he's the next Travis according to the judges and they are keeping around cause of that.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2007, 07:29:21 AM »
so as it always is sad to see someone go...this week finally they got it right with the Guys...but with the girls Its harder to pick this week.  Shauna...she has wicked lines...she's AMAZING!!! But as Nigel said...she hasn't improved...and this competition is about improving.  I'm glad they kept their word from a couple weeks ago about Cedrick...they said if he fell into the bottom 3 again he was getting the boot....yes he did the Mambo very well but there wasn't much of a dance there for him...most of it was him twirling Shauna (who is as mentioned AMAZING!!)  he just looked WAY awkward to me....

Hillary Duff sounded great and looked FANTASTIC!~

Who's guest staring next week....and I can't wait to see the number....the opening the hairspray number omg ADAM rocks (the choreographer) watching him teach the dance....he's still great at the age of 42!  That song Benji did his broadway routine to it last year...and i felt it had more energy then...sorry!! I so loved his Swing routine...such a Benji routine...and Pasha pulled it off!! he rocks!!!

Neil and Lauren were great also...best I've seen both of them...its amazing how much better the dancers seem to be this year!!!!

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2007, 08:11:29 AM »
Top Ten Revealed!! Next week couples are mixed up!!

Kameron
Lacey
Danny
Pasha
Sarah
Jamie
Neil
Lauren
Sabra
Domenic

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2007, 07:00:46 AM »
OMG last night's episode was AWESOME!!!

Everyone is such a great dancer....the top four I would like to see:

Lacey
Neil
Sabra
Pasha

I hope Lauren and Danny go

I didn't see in the TV Guide the elimination for tonight...so I have no clue whats going on.

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2007, 10:16:11 AM »
OMG last night's episode was AWESOME!!!

Everyone is such a great dancer....the top four I would like to see:

Lacey
Neil
Sabra
Pasha

I hope Lauren and Danny go

I didn't see in the TV Guide the elimination for tonight...so I have no clue whats going on.

Same here.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2007, 12:05:40 PM »
so is it on tonight?

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2007, 01:36:23 AM »
so is it on tonight?

No Monday cause of football. I think that Lacey might get bumped out in favor of Lauren though.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2007, 07:08:25 AM »
really?? i think lacey is a better dancer

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2007, 10:55:29 AM »
really?? i think lacey is a better dancer

Overall I do as well and for the entire season. But DialIdol says otherwise but who knows if it is right.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2007, 12:11:59 PM »
guess i wont know until i'm back from vacation!

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2007, 10:04:20 PM »
Yeah for Sabra!  :yess: :yess: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:

She deserved it. My only complaint is they announced the winner and the show ended. At least give her a few minutes to enjoy it and talk to her, etc, etc, etc like they do when you win Idol.

Offline dustigenes

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2007, 03:58:14 PM »
I was rooting for Danny, Sabra second.  Just glad it wasnt Neil.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2007, 11:26:28 AM »
i am glad a female finally won the competition!! I loved Sabra from the begining seh was my favourite the entire time and was devistated the first week with disco when she was bottom three!!!

Danny is fantastic...but i still think he's arrogant!!! he needs to take some humbling lessons from his brother!! lacey i thought would have been 3rd and Neil out first but what ever.... pasha wish made it further...anyone else notice that Sarah danced a heck of a lot on the finale?