Author Topic: EP11: "Good Doing Business with You."  (Read 228872 times)

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP11: "Good Doing Business with You."
« Reply #275 on: April 18, 2007, 10:58:08 AM »
If this is not the TBC leg, when will it be? Will there even BE one?
Th BQ's said they would race as if they were in last place, so does that mean the DIDN'T get in last place????

My take for the next three shows:

Apr. 22 - Leg 11 Macao - Chas last and are Eliminated as F4; BQ's win leg.

Apr. 29 - Leg 12 Guam - C/M come in last but it is a NEL.

May 6 -  Leg 13 Hawaii - San Francisco - First by a boob Eric and Danielle

Second Beauty Queens

Last but not least - Carla and Mirna - they actually just lost out to E/D but because of a  30 minute penalty end up last as the BQ's sneak by.

First by a boob Eric and Danielle  :lol3: :lol3:

Perhaps a NEL in Macau makes up for the elimination in Malaysia. It was discussed back in the episode thread that Malaysia should have been a NEL but since U/J were so far behind and they knew there would be no way for them to make it up, they switched and did an elimination.

So I'll make a similar prediction with a few adjustments.

Apr. 22 - Leg 11 Macao - Chas last and are marked for elimination

Apr. 29 - Leg 12 Guam - Chas last and are eliminated

May 6 -  Leg 13 Guam - Hawaii - San Francisco - First by a boob Eric and Danielle, Second Beauty Queens, Third Charla and Mirna

Disclaimer: These picks are subject to change as new information is revealed.  :lol:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 18, 2007, 10:59:50 AM »
Yeah, I don't see there being a penalty Either.

The way I see the next legs are:

Apr. 22 - Leg 11 Macao - D/O last, NEL

Apr. 29 - Leg 12 Guam - D/O eliminated

May 6 -  Leg 13 Hawaii - San Francisco - 4 continents, ??? MILES, Dustin and Kandice, YOU are the offical winners....but since I hate Michael I'll make you step aside and wait for E/D to check in!  :groan:

I'm excited to see this episode. If Jill from JVJ was right then the surprise yield was a very smart move and it's going to be good.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #277 on: April 18, 2007, 11:00:29 AM »
Sups comes to the dark side :D!!

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #278 on: April 18, 2007, 11:19:56 AM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #279 on: April 18, 2007, 11:28:02 AM »
Sups comes to the dark side :D!!
:vader:

:touche: My scenario... :lol:
Clues:
* One team is left in a state of shock when they become victims of a deal between the beauty queens and a certain other team.
E/Dee yield D/O
* It's a comedy of errors for one team when they struggle to operate a local car and drive it over the curb.
Charla/Mirna
* Charla & Mirna make a generous offer to Oswald & Danny.
??

Yield Ahead! Oh No!
   hmmm I have an idea..

BQ's: what if we run the race like we are in last place and let you step on the mat first if you don't Yield us when we get to the cluebox? Instead Yield the line-cutters Danny & Oswald?
Eric/Dee: OK, Nice doing business with you
Please??
Mirna: What happened? did you get yielded?
   Yup
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 12:34:36 PM by puddin »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 18, 2007, 11:30:27 AM »
I love your scenario puddin! The fact that D/K and E/D, quite possibly the most uliked teams left, work together kind of makes me happy
the shot of D/K going "caution yield ahead...nooo!" looks really early in the morning...maybe this week we might actually get PHIL'S PREVIEW!...maybe tonight!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 11:44:00 AM by Michael D »

Offline Riomangatar

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • D/K love
« Reply #281 on: April 18, 2007, 12:02:25 PM »
Last but not least - Carla and Mirna - they actually just lost out to E/D but because of a  30 minute penalty end up last as the BQ's sneak by.
I don't agree with there being a penalty in the very last leg Gman :grins: ..can you imagine the teams running up to the final mat first or whatever and all the teams clapping and cheering only to hear that that team has to step aside and wait out the 30 minute penalty :lol: ?

Puddin's right! they wouldnt make a team wait on the finish line! That would be so embarassing! Maybe guam has the TBC leg, and so it will be the first TBC with only three teams! Im so clueless about what is going to happen!!!

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #282 on: April 18, 2007, 12:10:13 PM »
The Yield thing is still buggin me. How can D/O be behind the other teams? I can see it if the detour comes first and the "little drummer boy" option is a bad choice BUT they get the "caution yield ahead" clue at the Macau ferry terminal. If all tasks are in Macau that clue is the first one they get, right??? That would lead them to the towers for the roadblock. You think D/O took a slow boat to China?  :lol:

Offline Riomangatar

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • D/K love
« Reply #283 on: April 18, 2007, 12:11:58 PM »
THis reallly describes what Charla is doing! Is this the roadblock? You can find the website of where I got this on the firstpage, a post by georgia peach. Thanks Peach!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #284 on: April 18, 2007, 12:13:03 PM »
Puddin's right! they wouldnt make a team wait on the finish line! That would be so embarassing! Maybe guam has the TBC leg, and so it will be the first TBC with only three teams! Im so clueless about what is going to happen!!!

I agree with puddin as well and I agree with you on the TBC. It may be a new twist to spread the finale over two weeks instead of a "standard" 2-hour finale. btw, I am also clueless so this is sheer speculation.

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #285 on: April 18, 2007, 12:22:35 PM »
THis reallly describes what Charla is doing! Is this the roadblock? You can find the website of where I got this on the firstpage, a post by georgia peach. Thanks Peach!

It's a roadblock. On pg 9 in this thread.

Press Release!!

TEAMS BATTLE THEIR FEAR OF HEIGHTS WHEN THEY ARE FORCED TO JUMP OFF ONE OF THE WORLD'S TALLEST FREE-STANDING STRUCTURES IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THEIR NEXT CLUE, ON "THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS," APRIL 22 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK
       "Good Doing Business With You" -- Teams come face-to-face with their fear of heights during a harrowing Roadblock that finds the Racers plunging over 600 feet in the highest "descender" jump in the history of the Race, on THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS, Sunday, April 22 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #286 on: April 18, 2007, 12:28:51 PM »

You are welcome! But Slowhatch found the tower for us.

But check upstream here and here because we now know they do at least two of those scary tasks.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Riomangatar

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • D/K love
« Reply #287 on: April 18, 2007, 12:34:18 PM »

You are welcome! But Slowhatch found the tower for us.

But check upstream here and here because we now know they do at least two of those scary tasks.

So according to de site they are either doing the skywalk, or the  skyjump or even BOTH! We can see by the preview and pics that Charla is running in the place where there are no rails sothat might be the skywalk. And also, according to the pics we got Charla is hanging with a harness that does not seem like it is a bungy jump harness... so it might be the skyjump...

Offline Riomangatar

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • D/K love
« Reply #288 on: April 18, 2007, 12:41:41 PM »
Just found new pic! Charla is definitely doind the skyjump, she even has the same clothes as the guy on the pic! Well, it is the same pic that Peach posted before, but just in better resolution and clearer

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #289 on: April 18, 2007, 12:54:05 PM »
Don't you hate coming to the party late? :lol:

All was fully discussed on page 8!

But don't worry--I was really excited to finally see some DRAMA! too.... ;)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Riomangatar

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • D/K love
« Reply #290 on: April 18, 2007, 01:16:01 PM »
Don't you hate coming to the party late? :lol:

All was fully discussed on page 8!

But don't worry--I was really excited to finally see some DRAMA! too.... ;)
m sorry..

IM new to RFF and i am not used to keeping up with alll the reading and stuff... Im not as experienced as you guys. I thought i had made good work but u guys let me down... Ohhhh wellllll...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #291 on: April 18, 2007, 01:28:16 PM »
It IS hard to keep up around here--there is lots to read! (I get confused all the time--ask anybody! :lol:)

We are very glad you are here anyway! And your picture is much nicer than mine! :kissy:

So keep on chiming in--we won't push you off the edge!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #292 on: April 18, 2007, 01:34:22 PM »
The problem is that this thread is 13 pages long and if you don't start with page 1 its easy to be confused :D.
I don't have time now but if someone can sum up what we think we know I'll insert the pictures later and sticky it to page one or something.

:hides :please:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #293 on: April 18, 2007, 01:37:24 PM »
Working on it as we speak!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 18, 2007, 01:42:46 PM »
YAY, thanks peach!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #295 on: April 18, 2007, 01:53:39 PM »
 :yess: peach..

The Yield thing is still buggin me. How can D/O be behind the other teams? I can see it if the detour comes first and the "little drummer boy" option is a bad choice BUT they get the "caution yield ahead" clue at the Macau ferry terminal. If all tasks are in Macau that clue is the first one they get, right??? That would lead them to the towers for the roadblock. You think D/O took a slow boat to China?  :lol:
still trying to figure that out  :lol:

How about this, I think it was Michael that brought it up? TPTB made a point of showing us this right?
We were shown O/D using their last 20$ to pay the toll.
We were shown Eric refusing to pay his last 20$ to pay a cab to directions to the Jockey Club

What if the race starts with 1$? Lets assume its a 12 hour pitstop..
The Turbo-Jet ferry costs 20$
D/O although out in the lead have no way of paying for the ferry. They can't beg for $$ but can only ask someone to buy them their tickets( is that right?)
Next out the BQ's
Next out C/M
Next out E/Dee

Teams hit Turbo Ferry HoursOfOperation
mswood writes, her excellent time-line : There is probably close to a two hour gap between Oswald & Danny and Dustin & Kandice, and a similar gap between Dustin & Kandice and Charla & Mirna.  I would guess about another separates Eric & Danielle.

O/D no funds to get on the ferry.
C/M's generous offer to O/D money?
Anyway, perhaps E/Dee finally get a lucky break and are on board the first ferry along with D/K.
Clue Yield ahead!  D/K fear E/D will beat them to the Yield cluebox ( have mentioned how atheltic they are ) so strike a deal to Yield one of the behind teams? plus D/K have already used the Yield so perhaps wait for E/Dee to catch up to them to negotiate the yield and how to use it?

lots of flaws in my theory but I have to be some where asap and am still half in my PJ's so later  :waves:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 02:30:20 PM by puddin »

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #296 on: April 18, 2007, 01:56:38 PM »
 :welcome2: Riomangatar!!
I certainly didn't mean to offend you or disscourage you from doing more detective work. Everyone was a newbie at one time. It's just when I see a new post I get all happy inside thinking something new has been discovered and I was disappointed to see old news. After an initial catchup it will be very easy to keep up --- cause it's addicting!!!!  :lol:

Since you are a BQ fan you'll find a true friend in Michael.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 18, 2007, 02:12:12 PM »
Hey, fans of any team can befriend me! I'm a nice guy!  :yess:

Welcome Riomangatar

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #298 on: April 18, 2007, 02:27:39 PM »
AARRRGGGH! Finished the whole thing complete with thirty thousand links (you know me) and my post got eaten and is now happily floating in cyberspace somewhere. So don't hold your breath--back in 2 hours! :'(

:crybabe:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #299 on: April 18, 2007, 02:29:36 PM »
AARRRGGGH! Finished the whole thing complete with thirty thousand links (you know me) and my post got eaten and is now happily floating in cyberspace somewhere. So don't hold your breath--back in 2 hours! :'(

:crybabe:
History? back space? something? oh dear  :(