Author Topic: EP11: "Good Doing Business with You."  (Read 228876 times)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: EP11: "Good Doing Business with You."
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2007, 12:37:23 PM »
the title sounds like something the two that make the deal say!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2007, 12:52:27 PM »
Jill calls the yield "a really smart move", I think D/K pull some manipulation out of their butt and convince the yeilder to yield the yieldee!  Jill seems very fond of them.

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #102 on: April 16, 2007, 01:42:15 PM »
The picture with D/K opening the clue is clearly the Macau Ferry Terminal~ so they got their first clue there, then head to the Macau Tourist Tower (is this the right name? I am not sure because this is direct translation from Chinese) And there is a yield.

Given teams' arrival at the Hong Kong Jockey Club, it is clearly that O/D and D/K are far ahead the other teams, and since ferries to Macau are frequent, I would think that they somehow board the ferry together and choose to work together and yield one team!  :happy: I personally think that will be E/D since they have the penalty and Oswald also said they are cunning in the Malaysian leg (note that the phrase is voice-over)... Here is only my thought, and I really hope it is right because I also want E/D out of the game.

Oh I have done that skywalk TWICE, one at daytime and one at night, it's pretty cool!! :yess: But the guide also makes you do some dangerous posture to get photos~~  :snicker:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2007, 02:51:11 PM »
D/O and the BQ's maybe ahead of the other teams leaving the pitstop but we don't know if the Detour or Roadblock comes first right?  and the teams might have had to get a clue or something in HK before they take the ferry? how else would they know to take it :D?
The webmonkeys took the ? out of the 3rd clue.

* One team is left in a state of shock when they become victims of a deal between the beauty queens and a certain other team.
* It's a comedy of errors for one team when they struggle to operate a local car and drive it over the curb.
* Charla & Mirna make a generous offer to Oswald & Danny.
Oh I have done that skywalk TWICE, one at daytime and one at night, it's pretty cool!!  But the guide also makes you do some dangerous posture to get photos~~   
What fun serendipity  :hearts:!!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2007, 02:52:28 PM »
I'm glad they are finally doing a task that is *somewhat* nerve racking...I just wish they did the sky dive!

serendipity, that's awesome! Was it more fun in the morning or the night?

Offline Traegen

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2007, 03:04:40 PM »
I think that all the teams hit a HOH outside the skywalk. They are all equalized before the yield, and since Charla is the only one shown doing the task I'm going with them being Yeilded (just cus. I have no real justification).

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2007, 03:58:39 PM »
Damn, I was really hoping the web promo would be out by now...hopefully it comes out today...

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2007, 06:37:17 PM »
I think that all the teams hit a HOH outside the skywalk. They are all equalized before the yield, and since Charla is the only one shown doing the task I'm going with them being Yeilded (just cus. I have no real justification).

They very well could be same as Season tens yield.

Or it could be that the deal is made before the leg begins at the Pit Stop.  Previews we want previews.

Offline GnarlyMarly

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2007, 06:55:19 PM »
Jill calls the yield "a really smart move", I think D/K pull some manipulation out of their butt and convince the yeilder to yield the yieldee!  Jill seems very fond of them.

where does jill say this?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2007, 06:57:27 PM »

where does jill say this?

since it was a NEL her and JV were guests on the finish line today

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2007, 07:38:33 PM »
 :'(

Offline $HOP@HOL!C

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #111 on: April 16, 2007, 07:39:40 PM »
* It's a comedy of errors for one team when they struggle to operate a local car and drive it over the curb.

This could be BQ's, they have known to have struggled w/ cars in the past.

As for the yield, we know tht BQ's arent yielded. BUT how do we know that the hand in the preview isn't Mirna's??? BQ's could be wrkin together w/ EDEE to yield C/M. But what about the "generous offer" to O/D?? *sigh* None of this makes sense...

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2007, 07:58:46 PM »

This could be BQ's, they have known to have struggled w/ cars in the past.

As for the yield, we know tht BQ's arent yielded. BUT how do we know that the hand in the preview isn't Mirna's??? BQ's could be wrkin together w/ EDEE to yield C/M. But what about the "generous offer" to O/D?? *sigh* None of this makes sense...

You Mean Charla and Mirna?  The Blondes have never stuggled with cars, Kandice did a little bit[In Kuwait and at the Start of AR10], Dustin never did.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: April 16, 2007, 08:00:49 PM »
One of the BQs (I forget which one) rear-ended a bus in Mauritius.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 16, 2007, 09:29:21 PM »
For some reason I'm not feeling a TBC ... I know it's the only reasonable choice right now, but what the hell was BVMs comment about?

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #115 on: April 16, 2007, 10:09:23 PM »
One of the BQs (I forget which one) rear-ended a bus in Mauritius.

Yea but thats not "struggleing to opperate a car" they opperated it fine, not like Charla and Mirna who between seasons 5 and 11 never learned to drive stick!

Offline down_with_alli

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Phil is my God
« Reply #116 on: April 16, 2007, 10:21:26 PM »
*It's a comedy of errors for one team when they struggle to operate a local car and drive it over the curb. - Charla and Mirna
*Charla & Mirna make a generous offer to Oswald & Danny. - Also about Charla and Mirna

Hence, with the use of my crappy deduction skills, I believe that:

*One team is left in a state of shock when they become victims of a deal between the beauty queens and a certain other team. - will be O/D YIELDED! Hence that's why they may get on a bad flight at the next continued leg and thus eliminated.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2007, 10:42:41 PM »
ah, they've updated everything BUT the web promo...something tells me that, like Phil's preview from last week, we will not be seeing a web promo this week! :(

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2007, 10:58:03 PM »
Oh I think someone is being lazy  at CBS and if all else fails we have TV commercials  :happy:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Macau leg
« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2007, 05:29:17 AM »
Okay just to throw this out.  Is it at all possble that the Macau leg and the Guam leg are not two individual legs, but one?

After Poland, I am not leaving any possability unturned.

Is it at all possible that Hong Kong Non elimination leg (episode 10)
then a leg where Macau and Guam are used being an elimination point and the beloved Oswald & DAnny getting the boot (episode 11).

Then a leg in Hawaii that is the first part of a TBC leg (episode 12)
leading to the finale episode in California (episode 13).

I haven't really looked at the amount of time needed for those episodes (especially from them (being the three finale teams leaving Guam, as apposed to the eliminated teams leaving), but we do no something happens in hawaii, could it be enough for the first half of a double leg, withthe end being the race to teh finish.

After all most of the seasons do have some form of non elimination leg before the last leg (only season's 5,6, and 10 didn't).

It would also give the producers a way of having a non elimination leg (in pratise) without having to worry about the rundant 30 minute penalty.  After all onthat leg its first or who gives a crap.

Posting this idea after apskip left, to avoid his fits of laughter.

Any thoughts, Am I crazy?

No, mswood, you are not crazy and no, you do not get to avoid my comments. It is a probabilistic judgment as to whether the combined leg will be Macau/Guam or Guam/Hawaii or Hawaii/San Francisco. The probable task density favors Hawaii/San/Francisco in leg 13 as the combined leg, but it could come in leg 11 as Macau/Guam or leg 12 as Guam Hawaii. I estimate the probability of Hawaii/San Francisco as 60%, Macau/Guam as 25% and Guam/Hawaii as 15%.

apskip from an Internet cafe in Port Douglas, Down Under

Offline hurricane32

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2007, 05:48:07 AM »
if charla and mirna are the ones who is going to yield D/O, i am going to hate them forever! you can't see the BQs and E/D making a deal.so there is only left with...

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2007, 09:21:09 AM »
WEB PROMO = UP!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2007, 09:30:12 AM »
can someone tell me what it's saying?! the sound isn't working at my schools library!

nevermind, fixed it!

looks like a great episode! Like I expected...they bqs bribe a team not to yeild them!

It looks like there is a pitstop interview with D/K, where they are smiling and saying "we are going to race like we are in last place"...they are wearing the same clothes that they are seen wearing in the Macau leg...no TBC?

I think this week the order we get will be (based on the fact that all teams appear to be pretty close to eachother):

1. E/D (finally!)
2. D/K :jumpy:
3. C/M B:)
4. D/O :'(

I'm beginning to think the deal MIGHT not be the letting them step on the pit stop mat first, because why would Eric and Danielle doubt themselves enough to think that D/K would be able to get infront of them even AFTER getting yielded...it's strange.

BUT..we know from Erics myspace that he isn't fond of these two, so maybe they DO make a pit stop deal, but D/K don't hold up their end of the bargain..

We even get some shots of the tasks:

Detours:
The log thingy or the drum looking thingy that D/O are doing
Roadblock:
The sky walk
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 09:59:09 AM by Michael D »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2007, 09:47:01 AM »