Author Topic: EP11: "Good Doing Business with You."  (Read 228843 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP11: Macau leg
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2007, 12:03:52 AM »
The only problem with that possability is they have said that the one team they would want to win besides them is Danny & Oswald.  While they really have disliked Charla & Mirna at times.

In fact, if Eric & Danielle had stayed at the ticket desk, I think that Dustin & Kandice would ahve made some points by being vocal with the agents about getting Eric & Danielle as well on the flight.

But yes if Eric & Daniele go to the yield first, there is no reason they wouldn't Yield Dustin & Kandice.

Now of course, if BQ's do manage to convince them that since Oswald & Danny have the best record (by far) of this season (in fact numbers wise only Eric & Jeremy, Colin & Christie, Kris and Jon have better Pit Stop Placement average), I could see Eric doing it.  Since I think Eric would put Race above feelings. 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2007, 12:48:21 AM »
That team you don't yield you shot that team.
:lol:

any ideas what the dealio is with the cars?
* It's a comedy of errors for one team when they struggle to operate a local car and drive it over the curb.

the sidewalks match

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2007, 12:50:04 AM »
Why the hell are there so many shots of teams just randomly standing around in this leg  ???

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2007, 12:54:44 AM »

Offline schwarzmoor

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2007, 01:09:37 AM »
I think the first route marker is at the Macau Ferry Terminal. Teams are told to Macau Tower and there is a Yield.
BQs would be first since it looks like in the morning and I think E/D are yielded

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2007, 01:12:07 AM »
I think the first route marker is at the Macau Ferry Terminal. Teams are told to Macau Tower and there is a Yield.
BQs would be first since it looks like in the morning and I think E/D are yielded

While I agree with you in saying that D/K are first to a yield, it would be impossible for them to yield anybody since they've already yielded E/D

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2007, 01:28:00 AM »
The terminal lead might be good schwarzmoor   :tup:

« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 01:33:18 AM by puddin »

Offline down_with_alli

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Phil is my God
« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2007, 01:31:26 AM »
Here's some random ideas about this leg from a clueless Aussie (well...more clueless than all of you seeing as you're all great with speculating).

I think that there's going to be another NEL (seeing as the Chas make it to Guam and I'm guessing that a Yield on a TBC leg would be pretty pointless even though they've had an unused one before). Maybe the producers want to have another back to back NEL to stir things up, seeing as the last and ONLY one that happened was about 8 seasons back with FLO (LOLOL) being saved after JVJs non elimination.

As for the use of the yield, I'm going to say that D/K and E/D use it on D/O. And I don't think the hands have anything to do with any team seeing as they constantly use random hands and most of the time the team that is yielded turns the hourglass over without the cameras focusing only on their hands. Also, the Chas being yielded on this leg may play a part in why they get out in the next leg.

(However, as someone said, I also have my suspicions of C/M using the yield simply because they've been given a somewhat hypocritical (yet hilariously entertaining) edit. But I don't really think they'll actually do it because I think they actually meant it when they said they wanted to not use it ever. Who knows? They could be the ones yielded and it would be surprising seeing as the other teams don't really see them as a threat.)

Sorry about my ranting. I shall stop now.

Ideas anyone? I'd love to hear them and keep up the good word  :tup:!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2007, 01:45:08 AM »
Thank you asamber :)

Nope we ahve never had a Yield on a TBC leg.  Several on Non Elimination leg's tho.  SO its possible that this next leg might just be another non elimination.

What do you folks think?

The Amazing Race 7: Lucknow India: Yield Not Used, it was a TBC!

Offline down_with_alli

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Phil is my God
« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2007, 01:49:38 AM »
It just can't be a NEL..think about EDEES 30 minute penalty.
For the sake of argueing, lets say EDEE do not arrive in time and Phil sends then off to the side to wait out their penalty and their 30 minutes are up and now they are last...
Phil: Eric & Danielle even though you were marked with the 30 minute penalty I am happy to tell you this is another NEL however you are marked with another 30 minute penalty in the next leg blah blah blah ....."

Oh **** I suck. Totally assuming they're gunna come first in the leg lol.

Wow, then it's a TBC leg. Groce. Me dislikes them immensely.

Thanks puddin!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2007, 01:52:12 AM »
No you don't suck down_with_alli  ..I'm probably wrong as usual  :lol:

Clue:
*Charla & Mirna make a generous offer to Oswald & Danny?

I always wondered what would happen if 2 teams stepped on the mat in last place at the same time?

Offline down_with_alli

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Phil is my God
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2007, 01:55:05 AM »

Clue:

I always wondered what would happen if 2 teams stepped on the mat in last place at the same time?

Generous offer?

Mirna: HERE HAVE CHARLA!

Love them.  :hearts:

Actually ... you may be onto something with this generous offer thing.

Well C/M say they don't want to yield right? But maybe it's actually those 2 teams who strike up a deal (after the Chas overhear/know that they're being targeted) because C/M may be in front somehow to yield the Queens?

Oh I dunno.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 02:00:24 AM by down_with_alli »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2007, 02:06:18 AM »
No its for sure the BQ's that are not Yielded..

* One team is left in a state of shock when they become victims of a deal between the beauty queens and a certain other team.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2007, 02:26:52 AM »
Yeah this leg has to be either a TBC (with the penalty being at the Pit Stop next episode) and hte yield being pretty redundant depending on equalizers between parts 1 & 2.

Or Macau and Guam are one leg (either aired over two nights) or just a single leg, with the next two being a race to the finish line.

Offline red_sox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2007, 02:32:56 AM »
When i first read the Web Clue:

Charla and Mirna make a Generous offer to Oswald and Danny

I immediately thought that the two of them were in last place, and on the way to the TBC matt, thinking it was a pitt-stop, Charla and Mirna offer to stand aside for Oswald/Danny, or wait for O/D so they can step on the matt at the same time..

But remember C/M have another huge lead in Guam :D

Offline down_with_alli

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Phil is my God
« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2007, 02:35:04 AM »
When i first read the Web Clue:

I immediately thought that the two of them were in last place, and on the way to the TBC matt, thinking it was a pitt-stop, Charla and Mirna offer to stand aside for Oswald/Danny, or wait for O/D so they can step on the matt at the same time..

But remember C/M have another huge lead in Guam :D

Or maybe, Charla gives them her heelies? (ROLL CHAS ROLL!)  :rotf:

And Mirna gives them some polish sausage since she likes offering it so much haha.

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: April 16, 2007, 07:07:34 AM »
Money offer? Last leg, Oswald/Danny have said that they they have zero dollars to their name after the toll, so this could be the offer... without anything in return... but maybe not.

Thanks asamber for that. So TBC could still happen, and I hope it does.
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: April 16, 2007, 07:57:04 AM »

This looks like the Macau ferry terminal to me too. (Note blue and white directional signs in the right background.) Looks like that's where they get their first clue.

Give me something to work on here!

Offline makz3d

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #93 on: April 16, 2007, 08:37:11 AM »

After watching the videos earlier I have it figured out why a team is yielded, who does the yielding, but not which of 2 teams are yielded.

At the airport on last night's show E/D didn't make it on the flight.  Therefore they are marked for elimination.  E/D are blaming C/M for them not getting on the flight.  E/D may also be blaming O/D because O/D gave C/M their stand bye code that put them at the top of the list instead of 3rd where C/M should have been.

If O/D didn't give C/M the code then it would have been C/M that missed the flight.

D/K tried to help E/D so I think E/D will yield C/M or O/D.

This is all just opinion and there's as much of a chance it's correct as much as there's a chance it's totally wrong.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #94 on: April 16, 2007, 09:51:22 AM »
To clear something up once and for all according to Wikipedia:

The Fast Forward allows the team that receives it to skip all remaining tasks on that leg of the race and proceed directly to the Pit Stop. To receive the Fast Forward, the team must be the first team to perform and complete the task described on the Fast Forward clue. The clue is found along with a regular clue at one of the Route Markers.

Only one team may use each Fast Forward. Any team that is beaten to the Fast Forward will have wasted their time and must go back and pick up where they left off. Also, prior to Season 10, each team was allowed to use only one Fast Forward during the whole race, requiring teams to decide when it was most advantageous to use it. With the introduction of the Intersection route marker in Season 10, a team can claim two Fast Forwards in a single race, one while part of a grouped team during an Intersection, and another as a single team.

Originally, Fast Forwards were offered in every leg of the race (provided that there was as least one team left that had not used one), except for the final two legs. Starting in Season 5, the number of Fast Forwards was reduced to two on the entire race. In the event a Fast Forward was not attempted by any team on a leg, the task involved was not shown, though clue envelopes with the green Fast Forward marker can usually be spotted by the viewers.

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #95 on: April 16, 2007, 10:25:46 AM »

And I'm never right, so does that mean that we are even  ???  ;)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #96 on: April 16, 2007, 10:38:41 AM »

YES we are DORKS Papi :crazy

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #97 on: April 16, 2007, 10:46:26 AM »

YES we are DORKS Papi :crazy

It's in our sub nics so it has to be true  :happy: :jumpy: I was so disappointed at EDEE last night. I was hoping that they made Phil wait for them till the next morning  :lol3:

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #98 on: April 16, 2007, 11:12:19 AM »
Clue:

there is a question mark at the end of the clue which to me makes believe the statement is a little tongue in cheek.  An offer that most of us would think, "c'mon, are you serious?"  If it was a serious offer then clue would end with a period.  Unless of course the cbs dorks made a typ-o.   :lol:  I'm thinking whatever offer is made is a little on the outrageous side like "we'll stand at the Yield Mat with you b/c we feel bad for you.  OR Do you want us to kill D/E?  we can do it, we have connections!   :rotf:  OR Mirna offers to sue Eric and Danielle for Yielding Danny and Oswald....something crazy like that. 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2007, 11:21:28 AM »
Well this Dork needs to eat something  :lol: ..link to the promo when it comes up.