Author Topic: EP 9 chat & updates  (Read 36028 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP 9 chat & updates
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2007, 08:33:35 PM »
10 miles by taxi to the mosque
detour to the artistic expression's on foot
cookies teams make their way by foot
C/M take a taxi < for sure
BQ's walk/run
Chas walk
Eric/Dee taxi or editing made it appear that way?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 08:55:50 PM by puddin »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2007, 08:56:47 PM »
My flight information was pretty faulty on Episode 9, sorry about that. My sources proved to be wrong. I have doublechecked and OS1, the nonstop from Vienna to Kuala Lumpur is not shown as flying on Saturday Dec. 9 although Charla and Mirna took it. Also, OS1 is no longer in existence since Austrian Airlines has apparently discontinued it.

The flights that Uchenna and Joyce took into Frankfurt apparently landed too close to noon, with the departure of nonstop Malaysian 005 at 1230 being the one that they missed. There are a variety of other opportunities that they could have taken to get to Kuala Lumpur, but a 1245 Lufthansa/Malaysian connection through Jeddah was the only one arriving the next morning and they were almost certainly too late to get it. Other possibilities were:

1300 to AUH on LH connecting to EY arriving 1310
1355 to HKG on CX connecting to CX arriving 1230
1440 to SGN on VN connecting to VN arriving 1320
1515 to DXB on EK connecting to IY arriving 1500
1625 to AMS on LH connecting to KL arriving 1440

Based on what we saw in the episode, my guess in that they did the last one.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2007, 09:11:28 PM »
Yeah, Apskip.  I was just getting ready to double check flights. :yess:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2007, 09:14:11 PM »
Yeah, they were pretty sure about Charla & Mirna taking a cab, and they said it looked like Eric & Danielle as well.

Will be curious if any clips address this or if it will be a late penality added to the departure time (that happens some time).

I always wonder when they show it the next week is if its beccause they didn't catch it immediate during the leg, and it the figured it out during the Pit Stop time?  Or if they figured it out when they arrived at the Pit Stop, but edited it out as unimportant and just add it to the start of the next leg.

Offline Izad

• " spoiler extraordinaire "
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2007, 09:30:37 PM »
Thanks for the PBP mswood  :kissy: and the vidcaps, puddin  :kissy:

Only 11 more hours till I get to see it on TV! :)

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2007, 09:45:25 PM »
Boo Hoo for Izad.  After all you got the live version.

Just want to say thanks again.  And to tell you how jealous we all are of you (seriously, major jealousy).  I hope you and your friends and a great time, and enjoy watching the show later. :jam:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2007, 09:55:54 PM »
Thanks for the PBP mswood  :kissy: and the vidcaps, puddin  :kissy:

Only 11 more hours till I get to see it on TV! :)

Oh --I forgot you wouldn't have seen it with us! I'm so sorry!

But I want to know (if you don't mind saying, of course!) Was that you helping out?? What fun!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2007, 10:06:21 PM »
Boo Hoo for Izad.  After all you got the live version.

:lol:
 :kissy: back at ya Izad  :hearts:

Offline Izad

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2007, 10:29:18 PM »
But I want to know (if you don't mind saying, of course!) Was that you helping out?? What fun!

It sure was! We also actually helped them get a taxi but we were pretty sure that wasn't shown cause the camera weren't on us at the time.

*a few more months till we get her firstborn* LOL

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2007, 10:33:18 PM »
mswood, I have your answer on the 24 vs. 48 hours. Here is the analysis:

1. Episode 8 finished on the evening of Dec. 7 or just after midnight Dec. 8 for the last 4 teams.
2. Flights to Kuala Lumpur arriving on the morning of Dec. 10 haev to leave Europe around noon on Dec. 9.
3. To get to the gateway cities(for the nonstop longhaul flight to KUL) from Krakow, teams must depart in the 530am to 800am time frame on Dec. 9.
4. Work backward and you have a 24 hour pitstop and not any other possible multiple of 12 hours.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2007, 10:57:32 PM »

It sure was! We also actually helped them get a taxi but we were pretty sure that wasn't shown cause the camera weren't on us at the time.

*a few more months till we get her firstborn* LOL

OOOOH! I'm going back to watch it again right now! So--other than the "life lessons" lecture--was she nice to you?? You really did get to be a part of it all! Is TAR Asia in your future?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2007, 11:08:43 PM »
Just finished watching this leg, and I have to say its my 2cd favorite of the season.

No huge freakout.  All the racers behaved fairly well.  Surprisingly the worst behavior concerning locals was danny.

And as far as behavior for Eric & Danielle, nothing bad to each other was shown (well see if in clips), and as for being yielded, they were one of the most behaved teams shown waiting at a Yield.  Certainly better then Mojo, Bama, Double D's, Weavers (twice).

Will have to recheck both yields in season 6 (one of which was fairly mean spirited) and the yield used in season 7 agains't Ron & Kelly.

Need to reread all of Izad's post to see if there was any hours of operations on teh detour, because if there wasn't Charla & Mirna ran a poor leg, losing 2 and a half hours.

They also should recieve a minimum of a 30 minute penality as they are clearly shown seeking, getting intoand exiting a cab.

Eric & Danielle are shown walking (in a shot with Cha Cha's) and we never see them in a cab, seeking a cab or getting out of a cab, though we do see a cab driving by near the cookie location.

It is of course possible that they already took the penality and that more then that seperated 2cd and 3rd place. 

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2007, 11:11:01 PM »
mswood, I have your answer on the 24 vs. 48 hours. Here is the analysis:

1. Episode 8 finished on the evening of Dec. 7 or just after midnight Dec. 8 for the last 4 teams.
2. Flights to Kuala Lumpur arriving on the morning of Dec. 10 haev to leave Europe around noon on Dec. 9.
3. To get to the gateway cities(for the nonstop longhaul flight to KUL) from Krakow, teams must depart in the 530am to 800am time frame on Dec. 9.
4. Work backward and you have a 24 hour pitstop and not any other possible multiple of 12 hours.

Apskip is saving me so much time this week.

I just got finished watching the episode, and the firstt wo things I do, is get a basic timeline.  And the first place I do that is with flights (which he already double checked before I even got to watch) and then plan out the nature of the Pit stop, which again, he done already (though I did figure with the time frame was most likely 24 and not 48, but still saved me from having ot double check).

A big thanks.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2007, 06:32:26 AM »
From the couch, the BQ's (or any of the top 4 teams) using the Yield in this episode was dumb.  Of course, none of them knew where U/J were.

I think this sets up having Eric/D yield the BQ's in the final leg.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2007, 06:34:08 AM »
Cookies:  It is still not clear to me how many cookies had licorice in them.  Was it one box of cookies (in 600) or 1 cookie, in one box (in 600)?  This was the essence of the Danny/Oswald spat.

Thanks

Offline hound 109

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2007, 10:28:41 AM »
Cookies:  It is still not clear to me how many cookies had licorice in them.  Was it one box of cookies (in 600) or 1 cookie, in one box (in 600)?  This was the essence of the Danny/Oswald spat.

Thanks
  I heard it to be only 1 licorice cookie.  600 boxes of cookies.  (so if 10 cookies per box.....munch on a possible 6000 cookies to find the licorice cookie).  Oswald was correct in being skeptical & E/D were damn lucky that D found that cookie.

Reminded me of Colin eating that chocolate in Argentina.   :lol:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2007, 01:05:28 PM »
hound 109, I'll wager that there were at least 5 licorice cookies among the 7200 since it was theoretically possible for each of the teams to elect that detour. There were at least 12 cookies per box and probable more than that (see Puddin's screenshots in POST #25 for visual). So that would be an average of 1440 cookies for each licorice one.  Any way you look at it, it was a monumental task and Eric/Danielle were lucky to find it relatively quickly.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 01:09:46 PM by apskip »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2007, 01:29:58 PM »
I thought each team had to choose their own table--so if there was only one cookie per table, it truly was the needle in the hatstack task.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Izad

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #93 on: April 09, 2007, 02:00:27 PM »
peach : Mirna was actually nice in person.. maybe it's because I told her I was a fan while we were pushing the bicycle. But she was also not so nice for making us do a little celebration dance after we finished the task. Thank god that didn't make the final cut. It was nasty. LOL. And I just rewatched the episode again and.. wha-hey! I actually got a line sneaked in there!

mswood, much as I like them I'd have to agree that Charla/Mirna actually ran a rather poor leg. They lost their two hour lead on the cookies task! (there were no hours of operations for the task). And I know people are complaining about the time penalty, but I think the time between them reaching the pitstop and Eric/Danielle's was over an hour. But again, I can't tell that for sure.

I was surprised to see Danny buying the newspaper from the gas station (which was quite a distance away, and where we helped Charla/Mirna get their taxi). My guess is that all the newspapers in the nearby houses have already been collected by the other teams.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2007, 02:02:55 PM »
Are all those people helping Mirna your friends Izad?

Can I have your autograph?  :luvya:  :hearts:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2007, 02:19:31 PM »
I thought each team had to choose their own table--so if there was only one cookie per table, it truly was the needle in the hatstack task.

PEACH, I saw only one area where all the cookies were. Remember that the Chas came to it and noted that another team had been there prviously and left. There was ample room around the huge table for 4 teams to simultaneously be doing the task. There could not have been only one licorice cookie for the one table available to all.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2007, 02:29:13 PM »
FLIGHT INFO FOR THE TEAMS

ORIGINAL FOR Uchenna/Joyce: LH3337 departed KRK 0650 arrived MUC 0815, LH967 departed MUC 935 arrived FRA 1040, MH 5 departed FRA 1230 arrived KUL 0625. Note: I don't see how they would have not had enough time in FRA to straighten out their ticketing problem reported on The Early Show since even if their flight from Munich was late they still had at least one hour in FRA.

MOST PROBABLE ACTUALLY TAKEN BY Uchenna/Joyce based on statement that they were "10 hours behind": depart FRA 1745 LH738 to HKG arriving 1030 Dec. 10, CX738 depart HKG 1250 arriving KUL 1630.

Dustin/Kandice and Oswald/Danny and Eric/Danielle: LO343 depart KRK 0755 arriving CDG 1010, MH21 depart CDG 1200 ariving KUL 0635 (actual arrival 50 minutes later)

Charla/Mirna (I Still Cannot Verify This): LO3910 departs KRK 0600 arrives WAW 0645, LO 233 departs WAW 0755 arrives VIE 0915, connects with OS1 departs VIE 1050 arrives KUL 0445

« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 03:02:46 PM by apskip »

Offline Izad

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2007, 02:59:38 PM »
Are all those people helping Mirna your friends Izad?

Can I have your autograph?  :luvya:  :hearts:

Oh you tease! LOL Actually I don't know who the other two were, but the lady in the red top was my other spoiling buddy. We were together at the Batu Caves too.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2007, 03:00:08 PM »
LOL I love how she just shows up "CAN I HELP?!"

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2007, 03:26:29 PM »

PEACH, I saw only one area where all the cookies were. Remember that the Chas came to it and noted that another team had been there prviously and left. There was ample room around the huge table for 4 teams to simultaneously be doing the task. There could not have been only one licorice cookie for the one table available to all.

Somebody is giving me a hard time today! :lol:

I just rewatched the episode and The Finish Line where this task was shown again in all its glory.   (Izad! Be sure to watch The Finish Line because I think you are there too!  :luvya:   )

The area with the cookies has multiple tables (I could count at least 6). Phil says "each team must choose a table and look thru 600 boxes of cookies for the one with the licorice center".

So each TABLE must have ONE cookie.

The Cha's actually went back there twice--they chose their table, started the task, left, went back at Danny's conviction that there would be a whole box of licorice cookies, and left again.

But no matter what, this was still the task that everything points to not doing--the purely luck based needle in the haystack that has been the downfall of so many racers in the past.

peach : Mirna was actually nice in person.. maybe it's because I told her I was a fan while we were pushing the bicycle. But she was also not so nice for making us do a little celebration dance after we finished the task. Thank god that didn't make the final cut. It was nasty. LOL. And I just rewatched the episode again and.. wha-hey! I actually got a line sneaked in there!

Heee... if there is ever a DVD maybe it will be in the outtakes/bloopers reel--I'd pay good money to see that dance! And how nice of you all to go to the extra effort of getting them a cab too! They really owe you big time--want me to give them a message at TARcon??
RFF's Golden Rule: