Author Topic: EP7/EP8 "If I Were In Town, I Would Ask For Your Number"  (Read 155844 times)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: EP7/EP8 "If I Were In Town, I Would Ask For Your Number"
« Reply #325 on: March 29, 2007, 01:26:29 PM »
Yeah - that seems like the most likely possibility, either that or they are 2nd to last ... even Phil, he has the face that he puts on when he tells a team they are CLOSE to being eliminated.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #326 on: March 29, 2007, 01:42:59 PM »
I'd better let everyone know something about the BQ time estimate at the piano place.  That is that the whole thing depends on one fuzzy little judgment call.  And it is a call that anybody could make.  No trigonometry needed.  All you have to decide is whether or not it looks like the sun is shining on one or on two sides of the buildings in the picture.  I decided it looks like only one wall (the one on the right of the corner line) is in the sunlight.  But if you think the sun is also hitting the other wall then you should not subscribe to the time estimate I made.

And real great work Hakekushu8!  That was a hard one to find.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 29, 2007, 01:48:08 PM »

I think the sun is hitting the building right behind kandice, because you can even see the shadows of the trees, but I think it's only hitting it on the side facing us..Even the sky looks like an early morning sky though

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #328 on: March 29, 2007, 01:52:07 PM »
And I don't know if there are any Jewish racers, but of course this would be a powerful stop for all (but given the 3rd Reich atrocities to those who were "different") but especially for our 2 gay couples.

I was struck at how close the teams would be to Auschwitz geographically, but it would be hard to imagine them actually arranging a task there. It was hard enough for the teams to show respect at the Prisoner of War site last season. Touring Dachau was a profoundly moving experience for me, because it is so important to remember.  But somehow I don't see even my beloved TAR going there, although it would be incredibly powerful.

But since I didn't get to go to Antarctica, I at least ought to get to visit the salt mines, right? And they aren't far at all! I want to see the chandelier made out of salt!

And Mirna says "you are kidding me right?" when Phil tells her she's won another catamaran!!  :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline hound 109

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #329 on: March 29, 2007, 02:00:26 PM »
And Mirna says "you are kidding me right?" when Phil tells her she's won another catamaran!!  :lol:
  :funny:

...or one of those $100 cameras that the hippies won.   :groan:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #330 on: March 29, 2007, 02:18:46 PM »
Here's my speculation for the moment:

The race goes straight to Warsaw (because the arrow-on-the-map says so).  Uchenna & Joyce are eliminated.  Don't hate me Puddin!

Then the second part of the two-leg show has teams going to Krakow, castle etc.  Guidos eliminated.

Corrections welcomed!
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 29, 2007, 02:21:24 PM »

The race goes straight to Warsaw (because the arrow-on-the-map says so).  Uchenna & Joyce are eliminated.  Don't hate me Puddin!

Then the second part of the two-leg show has teams going to Krakow, castle etc.  Guidos eliminated.

Corrections welcomed!

I would jump for joy if that happened! Not because I don't like U/J, but because the boot list would be wrong then! But I don't see it happening since Izad said he is pretty sure U/J are the fifth team in Malaysia and I don't think they'd let go of two teams in 1 week, because that would leave us with the F4 from now until the end of april.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #332 on: March 29, 2007, 02:28:05 PM »
A quick Airwise check shows many many flights Amsterdam to Krakow leaving every hour or so all day--changing in Vienna, Paris, Munich, and Warsaw--takes about 4 hours or so depending on connection---so very easy to do flight wise....

PEACH, you're a real kidder! "very easy to do flight wise". If so, then Airwise would have been able to do it from Nairobi to Krakow. It couldn't, as it comes  only up with the only two leg connection that is possible - through MILAN. Now the complexity of the task becomes apparent when you have to do deal 3 leg connections through Heathrow, Gatwick, Schipol, Munich, Charles de Gaulle, Vienna and Budapest. Unfortunately, the predominance of flights from Nairobi come through Heathrow and Schipol, neither of which has direct flights to Krakow. I have been struggling with all possible combinations and can come up with only these as reasonable:

Eurofly 2240 departs NBO 0335 arrives MXP (Milan) 1325 AZ (Alitalia) 590 departs Milan 1425 arrives KRK 1625    This is the only really good one.

BA64 departs NBO 2320 arrives LHR 0505  LH 4765 departs LHR 0770 to MUC and connects there with LH 3334 arriving KRK 1220

KQ102 departs NBO 2350 arrives LHR 0545 and connects on Luthansa through MUNICH as shown just above

On Mondays, IB7621 departs 0850 and AA6728 departs 0855 and they arrive LHR at 1555, then LH 4754 departs 1720 to MUC and connects there with LH 3336 arriving KRK 2235.

If it's not Monday Dec.4(when Iberia or American clearly make more sense), then the other option is MS(Egyptair) 850 departing NBO 0445 arriving CAIRO 0830 connecting with MS 705 departing 1040 arriving MXP 1500, then AX588 departing 2120 arriving KRK 2320. This shows that not getting too far west makes up for the longer layover in Milan.

We need to remember the one DAR to AMS flight. On Sundays (Dec. 3) it is KL567 departing 1105pm arriving 0710am Dec. 4. If taken by the Guidos 24 hours later then it will be KL569 departing 1150pm arriving 0715am Dec. 5. The best connecting flights for that timing are also via Munich, LH 4611 departing AMS 0835 arriving MUC 1005 connecting with KL 3334 departing MUC 1055 arriving KRK 1220.

I also checked flights from KRK to Kuala Lumpur since we don't know the order of cities visited in Poland. Train, car or bus will be used between Warsaw and Krakow in my opinion, not flying but it is not clear which direction they will be travelling. From KRK to KUL the flights are very similar to out of Warsaw. LO227 departs KRK 0735 arriving VIE 0850 connecting with OS001 dpearting VIE at 1050 and nonstop to KUL at 0445.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 02:32:19 PM by apskip »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 29, 2007, 02:36:59 PM »
Puddin, have you had any luck with the codes for Phil's preview?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #334 on: March 29, 2007, 02:44:11 PM »

Corrections welcomed!
I'm still tired ..thanks al lot for making me work  :lol:
So you have U/J & Guidos eliminated EP 7 & 8..if what you think is true then...

roughly..
EP9 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 12-9/12/10 NEL
EP10 Hong Kong 12/11- 12/13? NEL
EP11 Macau 12/13-12/14? NEL
EP12 Yigo, Guam,  12/15- 12/16 Chas eliminated per spoilers
EP13 Honolulu, HI to San Fran USA 12/16-12/17 Final 3

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #335 on: March 29, 2007, 02:45:06 PM »
Thanks Michael D...and Puddin

I guess there does not have to be two eliminations.  I'm just saying that if U&J go in the first part then the Guidos have to go next.  The reason I'm going this way is the ID of a Guido in armor.

So how sure is that Izad statement that U&J are the fifth team in town?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #336 on: March 29, 2007, 02:49:46 PM »
Puddin, have you had any luck with the codes for Phil's preview?
Do you think I wouldn't have posted the preview?  :lol:
Something is up ..the video's not available. I don't think the double episode was planned in advance and we know that Phil did all the previews in one sitting SO it just maybe they are still piecing a clip together or they can't show it because of the obvious reasons?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 29, 2007, 02:52:43 PM »
Ah crap, they better put a preview up x_X
I'm looking forward to it!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #338 on: March 29, 2007, 02:53:15 PM »
Thanks Michael D...and Puddin

I guess there does not have to be two eliminations.  I'm just saying that if U&J go in the first part then the Guidos have to go next.  The reason I'm going this way is the ID of a Guido in armor.

So how sure is that Izad statement that U&J are the fifth team in town?
I can't speak for Izad so if you want to read through his thread at sucks here ya go   :lol:
izad :
*Those are the orders that they came in. Charla and Mirna got a huge lead.  The other three teams came in close within each other.
*There five teams in this leg because I'm a good listener.
 *again, since I did not personally see the fifth team, I'm going to take it with a grain of salt..
*from what I 'heard' - an African American couple who got delayed on their flight. with the fifth team, it's not an eye-witness account like the other four, so I can't confirm if what I heard was true.. so y'all can still speculate.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #339 on: March 29, 2007, 03:00:57 PM »
There is still a lot to work on for this episode!! What and where is the detour for LEG7 ? What and where is the Roadblock for LEG8? Does the Knight Roadblock come before or after the Detours in Warsaw?  :umn: Any chance the piano task is in Krakow?

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #340 on: March 29, 2007, 03:02:56 PM »
Wow you were fast puddin!  I was just going to post that.   :lol3:

I'm fairly confident in Izad's eavesdropping so I tend to believe it is true.    It will be interesting to see how exactly they are not able to make the same flight as the majority of the other teams and why they are unable to get on another flight?  weather problems perhaps?  but I digress, that's a discussion for the next episode.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 29, 2007, 03:11:43 PM »
I still think that there will be an intersection in one of these legs and U/J will be stuck working with B/J and that will put them so far behind that they wont be able to catch up!

Offline hound 109

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #342 on: March 29, 2007, 03:14:29 PM »

Corrections welcomed!
 That "arrow on the map says so" sure sounds right.  (Any previous race w/ a double episode to compare this too?).  

This would mean Warsaw first & Krakow second.  (Do we know for sure where C/M's mat preview was?).  

& since we still don't have visual confirmation of U/J in Poland (or for that matter in Asia).....not unitl they're having a cocktail on a plane over the Pacific.   ???

Maybe Chateau is right.  (but jeez.... 3 non-elimanation legs in a row would get REAL old)    :rolleyes

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 29, 2007, 03:19:14 PM »
Do we know for sure where C/M's mat preview was?

Well, you can see that Phil is standing beside the same greater that he is standing beside during the "daylight shot", which I'm pretty sure has been identified as the palace on the water or whatever it's called in Warsaw.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #344 on: March 29, 2007, 03:21:53 PM »
 :yess:  :jumpy:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #345 on: March 29, 2007, 03:29:10 PM »
Yes OK - confirmed for no 1st for C/M, at least not on one part of the leg.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 03:34:53 PM by Michael D »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 29, 2007, 03:29:35 PM »
What's with the BQs praying, I wonder where they are!

oh yeah - THANKS PUDDIN!  :kissy:
What do you know, Phil finally changed his shirt!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 03:33:55 PM by Michael D »

Offline $HOP@HOL!C

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #347 on: March 29, 2007, 03:31:08 PM »
What's with the BQs praying, I wonder where they are!

oh yeah - THANKS PUDDIN!  :kissy:

ttly! I thought (& hope) tht the BQ's come in first!!!!

It could be that Shmirna comes 5th

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #348 on: March 29, 2007, 03:34:30 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #349 on: March 29, 2007, 03:38:20 PM »