Author Topic: Fox Ponders American Idol: All-Stars Special  (Read 2186 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Fox Ponders American Idol: All-Stars Special
« on: February 10, 2007, 04:02:18 PM »
What if American Idol featured a night of ringers versus mere singers? In a conference call with reporters, show boss Nigel Lythgoe confirmed that he's hot to present an "all-stars" night in which past finalists, perhaps even an actual winner or two, return to the stage as part of this season's forthcoming songwriting competition-with-a-competition. "Yes, it's something I'm trying to make work this season," says Lythgoe. "My idea is [for viewers] to [write] me 10 songs, and then I'll bring back 10 Idol finalists to sing them." The likes of Clay, Kellie, Bo et al need not book any plane tickets just yet, however. Says Lythgoe, "I've pitched [the idea] to Fox, and they have yet to come back to me to say yes or no."

http://community.tvguide.com/forum.jspa?forumID=700000044

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
Re: Fox Ponders American Idol: All-Stars Special
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 03:56:25 PM »
This will never happen. The two biggest AI stars ever are Kelly and Carrie. Kelly won't have anything to do with the show and Carrie hasn't started writing a lot yet. I'm pretty sure that Tamyra Gray wrote the winner's single for season 3 and that didn't work so well now did it. They just need to pay one of best songwriters in the business to write a song. Plus the other problem with writing the winner's single is it's impossible to do because we don't know the final 2, if they are male or female and what kind of music they sing. That's why all the songs have been generic and bland.

What they should do is get someone who writes songs for other Idol shows to write a winner's song. Possibly Canadian Idol or Australian Idol, they have had great winner's singles.