Author Topic: "Dancing With the Stars 4" Cast Revealed  (Read 26438 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
"Dancing With the Stars 4" Cast Revealed
« on: January 23, 2007, 01:37:41 PM »
"Dancing With the Stars" Cast Revealed!
Posted Jan 22nd 2007 12:12PM by TMZ Staff

TMZ has exclusively learned the names of several celebs set to do the cha cha cha on the new season of "Dancing With the Stars."
Country crooner Billy Ray Cyrus (that's "Hannah Montana's" dad for you tweeners), former "90210" star Ian Ziering and Muhammad Ali's daughter Laila Ali will join former *NSYNC member Joey Fatone in trying to wrestle Emmitt Smith's Season 3 crown.

Despite earlier reports, one star who will not be shaking her royal groove thang is the original Fergie, Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York. Fergie's fellow countrywomen, Sharon and Kelly Osbourne, were set to join the cast but have since backed out.

A rep for "Dancing" had no comment, saying "We can't confirm any castings at this point."

"Dancing With the Stars" premieres March 19.

http://www.tmz.com/2007/01/22/dancing-with-the-stars-cast-revealed/

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
Re: "Dancing With the Stars 4" Cast Revealed
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 02:09:01 PM »
who is Hannah Montana????

I heard somewhere (can't remember now..i think ET) that Jennifer Aniston was going to participate this season!
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 02:12:18 PM »
I saw Billy Ray on Jimmy Kimmel Live, and apparently "Hanna Montana" is a TV show on the Disney Channel, and the girl who plays the title character's dad is Billy Ray.

Joey Fantone shall win! 

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 06:41:30 PM »
I heard Dancing with the Stars was going to go head to head with Idol. Is that true? I mean cause if they start in March AI will possibly into the top 12 live shows. I really don't think it can compete.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 07:18:15 PM »
They moved the show from Tues/Wed to Mon/Tues so it won't compete with Idol.   

Offline PotatosPunkGirl

• Big Brother Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 07:53:54 PM »
I saw Billy Ray on Jimmy Kimmel Live, and apparently "Hanna Montana" is a TV show on the Disney Channel, and the girl who plays the title character's dad is Billy Ray.

Something like that....but more like Billy Ray is the real life father of the girl that plays Hannah Montana and also plays her dad on the show

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 11:30:46 PM »
They moved the show from Tues/Wed to Mon/Tues so it won't compete with Idol.   

It will still have to compete with it on Tuesday though and that's the worst night of the two you'd want to compete with Idol.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 10:42:40 AM »
Today the cast for the fourth season was officially revealed.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Entertainment/story?id=2890554&page=1
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 10:47:42 AM »
Thanks Mandy  :waves:! Oh boy Vincent Pastore!! " Big Pussy"  :lol:
Fun cast..

Steve Sanders, Supermodel Go Dancing with the StarsWho'll be hoofing it this time in the name of winning that garish trophy? Onetime Dancing with the Stars competitor Jerry Springer unveiled the new season's contenders on Wednesday's Good Morning America, and they are:

• Laila Ali, the daughter of the legendary boxer Muhammad Ali
• Country music star Billy Ray Cyrus
• Paul McCartney's soon-to-be ex, Heather Mills
• Former NBA star Clyde Drexler
• 'N Sync alum Joey Fatone
• Miss USA-turned-GSN hostess Shandi Finnessey
• Entertainment reporter Leeza Gibbons
• Former supermodel Paulina Porizkova
• Ian Ziering
• Sopranos alum/Sirius Satellite Radio host Vincent Pastore
• Olympic speed skater Apolo Anton Ohno

Dancing with the Stars returns Mar. 19, on ABC. 

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2007, 12:29:28 PM »
http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-dancingwiththestars4cast,0,2692027.story?coll=zap-tv-headlines

The fourth season of "Dancing with the Stars" could have a decidedly athletic feel.

The ABC series, which returns to the air Monday, March 19, will have three jocks competing this time around, more than have ever taken part before. Among those is also the show's first female athlete, boxer Laila Ali. Olympic short-track medalist Apolo Anton Ohno and basketball Hall of Famer Clyde "The Glide" Drexler are the others.

The 11 stars in this year's cast also include Heather Mills, the former wife of Beatle Paul McCartney and the first contestant to compete with an artificial limb. Her left leg was amputated below the knee in 1993 after she was badly injured in a traffic accident. She'll be partnered with Jonathan Roberts, who's back for his third turn on the show.

Among the other notable names are former "Beverly Hills, 90210" star Ian Ziering (partnered with two-time champ Cheryl Burke), supermodel Paulina Porizkova (with season one winner Alec Mazo), Miss USA 2004 Shandi Finnessey (dancing with newcomer Brian Fortuna) and ex-"Sopranos" star Vincent Pastore (dancing with Edyta Sliwinska).

Drexler, who at 6-foot-7 is likely the tallest "Dancing" contestant to date, will pair up with Elena Grinenko, who's hoping for a longer run than her one-and-done stint with Tucker Carlson last season. Ali will team up with Maksim Chmerkovskiy, who danced with Willa Ford last season, and Ohno will work with Julianne Hough, who's making her first appearance on the series.

Rounding out the cast are "Achy Breaky Heart" singer/"Hannah Montana" star Billy Ray Cyrus (with Karina Smirnoff); former *NSync member and sometime Broadway actor Joey Fatone (with Kym Johnson); and talk-show host Leeza Gibbons (with Tony Dovolani).

Tom Bergeron and Samantha Harris will take up hosting duties once again, and judges Len Goodman, Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli will also be back.

"Dancing with the Stars" premieres at 8 p.m. ET Monday, March 19.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2007, 12:32:20 PM »
More on the show...
http://abc.go.com/primetime/dancing/newseason.html

THE STARS ALIGN FOR A FOURTH SEASON OF ABC'S HIT ALTERNATIVE SERIES, DANCING WITH THE STARS

Eleven Celebrities, Comprising the Most Diverse Cast to Date, Were Announced on Good Morning America

In a Dancing with the Stars first, three athletes will dance to the finish in the fourth season of the hugely popular series, returning MONDAY, MARCH 19 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on ABC. Among the athletes are a current Olympic Gold Medalist, a member of the 1992 Men's U.S. Olympic Basketball Dream Team, and an undefeated female boxer - the first female athlete to compete on the series. Celebrities joining them include a singer/actor who stars alongside his daughter in one of the Disney Channel's most popular programs, a former member of one of the biggest selling music groups of all-time, and a United Nations Goodwill Ambassador and activist for Adopt-A-Minefield.

As announced on Good Morning America, the eleven stars making their ballroom dancing debut and their professional dance partners are:

LAILA ALI - Ali, an undefeated world champion female boxer and youngest daughter of sports legend, Muhammad Ali, takes her footwork to the ballroom dance floor on Dancing with the Stars. Outside the ring, Ali has graced countless international magazine covers, such as Glamour and Italian Vogue, and authored the inspirational autobiography, Reach! She joins MAKSIM CHMERKOVSKIY who returns for his third season.

BILLY RAY CYRUS - Singer/songwriter/actor and star of Disney Channel's hit series, Hannah Montana, Cyrus will partner with season three's finalist, KARINA SMIRNOFF, who returns for her second season. Cyrus first entered the public spotlight with his hit song Achy Breaky Heart. His other acting credits include the feature film, Mulholland Drive, and the starring role in the series, Doc.

CLYDE DREXLER - Named One of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History, Clyde the Glide was a member of the 1992 U.S. Olympic Dream Team. He began his career in 1983 with the Portland Trailblazers and retired in 1998 with the Houston Rockets, a team he led to the 1995 NBA Championship. ELENA GRINENKO, who returns for her second season, will be his partner.

JOEY FATONE - The musician/actor/star of Broadway was a member of one of the most popular singing groups of all-time, *NSYNC, which holds the records for the most albums sold in a single day and week. He has since starred in movies My Big Fat Greek Wedding and The Cooler, and the Broadway musicals, Rent and Little Shop of Horrors. Fatone joins partner KYM JOHNSON who returns for her second season.

SHANDI FINNESSEY - During the most watched Miss USA® competition in six years, Shandi Finnessey was crowned Miss USA® in 2004. She is the host of two game shows on the Game Show Network - Lingo with Chuck Woolery and Playmania. Newcomer BRIAN FORTUNA will be her professional dance partner.

LEEZA GIBBONS - Former host of Entertainment Tonight, Extra and her self-titled daytime talk-show, Leeza, the TV/radio personality currently hosts the nationally syndicated radio program, Hollywood Confidential. Leeza is also the founder of the Leeza Gibbons Memory Foundation, a nonprofit organization offering empowerment and education to caregivers and their loved ones diagnosed with any memory disorder. She teams up with TONY DOVOLANI who returns for his third season.

HEATHER MILLS - United Nations Goodwill Ambassador, activist for Adopt-A-Minefield and advocate for animal rights, Heather Mills will be the first contestant to compete with an artificial limb. She will be partnered with JONATHAN ROBERTS who returns for his third season.

APOLO ANTON OHNO - Two-time Olympic gold medal winner Apolo Anton Ohno sets his sights on another trophy to add to his collection, the Dancing with the Stars Mirror Ball. As a short-track speed skater, Ohno has a total of five Olympic medals, tying him with Eric Heiden for the most medals of any U.S. Male Winter Olympian. JULIANNE HOUGH teams with Ohno in her first appearance.

VINCENT PASTORE - Known for his standout role in The Sopranos, actor Vincent Pastore has also appeared in several movies including Revolver, directed by Guy Ritchie, Gotti, and Goodfellas. He was also the voice of Luca in the animated feature Shark Tale. Pastore teams with EDYTA SLIWINSKA, the only professional dancer to participate in all four seasons.

PAULINA PORIZKOVA - As the former face of Estee Lauder, Porizkova was once the highest paid supermodel in the world of fashion. She was featured on the cover of several magazines including the Sports Illustrated: Swimsuit Issue for two consecutive years. This Spring, Porizkova releases her first work of fiction, A Model Summer. Season one champ ALEC MAZO returns for his second appearance.

IAN ZIERING - One of the stars of the hit TV series, Beverly Hills 90210, actor Ian Ziering also played a supporting role in the movie Domino, and wrote, produced, directed and starred in the short film Man vs. Monday. He teams with two-time defending champion, CHERYL BURKE, who returns for her third season.

Dancing with the Stars' fourth season will premiere Monday, March 19 with a two-hour premiere (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET). To offer viewers two weeks to see the performers in action before the first elimination, the first results show will air on Week Two. The second performance show, airing Monday, March 26, will also be two hours in length (8:00-10:00 p.m.), and the first results show will air Tuesday, March 27 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET).

Hosted by Tom Bergeron (America's Funniest Home Videos) and Samantha Harris (E! Entertainment), the celebrities will perform choreographed dance routines which will be judged by renowned Ballroom Judge Len Goodman, and dancer/choreographers Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba.

Dancing with the Stars is the U.S. version of the international smash hit series, Strictly Come Dancing. This version is produced in America by BBC Worldwide. Conrad Green and Richard Hopkins are executive producers and Izzie Pick is co-executive producer. Rob Wade and Matilda Zoltowski are supervising producers. Alex Rudzinski directs. Dancing with the Stars is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with 5.1 channel surround sound and Spanish audio via SAP. This program carries a TV-PG parental guideline.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2007, 01:00:44 PM »
I'm rooting for Shandi. On Playmania, she said that doing the show was a dream of hers. I can't wait to see her on the floor for the first time!

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2007, 01:06:42 PM »
Personally, I have no early favorite. 

My pick to leave first is Vincent Pastore.  He doesn't seem like he'll make it far. 

Offline PotatosPunkGirl

• Big Brother Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007, 05:42:41 PM »
Clyde....Apolo.....Clyde....Apolo...Clyde...Apolo.....COLE!!! HELP ME!!!  I can't decide!!

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 06:52:47 PM »
IAN ZIERING - One of the stars of the hit TV series, Beverly Hills 90210, actor Ian Ziering also played a supporting role in the movie Domino, and wrote, produced, directed and starred in the short film Man vs. Monday. He teams with two-time defending champion, CHERYL BURKE, who returns for her third season.
top three at least with cheryl, maybe even another win for her. she knows how to show case her partners.
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2007, 08:10:01 PM »
I don't think "Fat Bastard" is going to last long either. I feel as though we might have  the Tucker Carlson of the season figured out already.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2007, 08:50:18 PM »
APOLO ANTON OHNO - Two-time Olympic gold medal winner Apolo Anton Ohno sets his sights on another trophy to add to his collection, the Dancing with the Stars Mirror Ball. As a short-track speed skater, Ohno has a total of five Olympic medals, tying him with Eric Heiden for the most medals of any U.S. Male Winter Olympian. JULIANNE HOUGH teams with Ohno in her first appearance.
----------
Why is it I can't stand this kid??? I watched speed skating just to see if he fell. And when he did fall, I was excited....Don't ask me why, I just don't like him!

Offline PotatosPunkGirl

• Big Brother Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2007, 09:21:30 PM »
----------
Why is it I can't stand this kid??? I watched speed skating just to see if he fell. And when he did fall, I was excited....Don't ask me why, I just don't like him!

ROOOBBBB!!  I love Apolo.....I was glued to the tv during the olympics because of him...and well being from Houston....Clyde is a no brainer...I just don't think he is going to move very well..lol..I don't think this season my fave is going to make it to the top 2 like last year.....Mario was ROBBED!!!

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2007, 08:43:53 AM »
what happened to fergie and jennifer aniston?? thought they were gong to be on this season?
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2007, 09:05:58 AM »
Okay i do not watch the show much.... but I would have to root for home town boy Clyde!!!  However aI am a little worried, he is older then most.  Might get title of tallest and oldest.    BUT keep in mind he had to have some moves to become the "THE GLYDE"

I can not believe some of you do not know who hannah montana is!! SHe is the next Lizzie mCguire (hillary Duff). She is comign to rodeo here in Houston (with cheetah girls) and they are the fastest sell out in rodeo history.  Tickets are going for crazy prices on ebay.  Luckily I got tickets for me and some friend so I am cool mom!  Yes Billy ray is the dad on the show and Hannah is actually Miley Cyrus his daughter in real life.  It is a cute show.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2007, 10:13:30 AM »
I'll watch just to see Billy Ray's butt :D

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2007, 11:12:58 AM »
I'm watching no matter who is in it.  I'm just curious to see how well peg-leg Heather Mills will do.  :kogs

Offline cinni

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2007, 12:54:56 PM »
I'm watching no matter who is in it.  I'm just curious to see how well peg-leg Heather Mills will do. 
i'm betting she goes early if not first. there will be some backlash against her as paul's ex. i think he is well thought of and she not as much. won't matter if she's any good or not.
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2007, 01:38:24 PM »
I believe she'll be second to go, the first being Vincent Pastore.  He's the Master P of season 4.

Offline cinni

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2007, 01:54:22 PM »
I believe she'll be second to go, the first being Vincent Pastore.  He's the Master P of season 4.
but didn't master p last a few weeks? the voting public seems to love the really bad ones, at least for a few weeks. she may also not have a north american fan base the way vincent has from his tv show.