Author Topic: Amazing Race All-Stars Media/Library/News * maybe spoilers*  (Read 178036 times)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race All-Stars Media/Library/News * maybe spoilers*
« Reply #325 on: May 02, 2007, 10:50:28 AM »
ATC Steve said over at TARflies that:
And while CBS has not given the final green light for season 12, they are still funding them to set-up the race and continue with casting. Based on what has been told to me by very reliable sources, I foresee nothing but good news soon.
:happy:

And RealityNewsOnline Interview with D/O

I found this interesting, especially in light of the negative interviews that D/O have been giving in regards to other teams:
RNO: On the race, did you have a chance to talk to Eric & Danielle about why you Yielded them?

Oswald: Not on the race. After we finished the race and we settled ourselves into our regular lives, Eric did reach out to us and apologize ahead of time for the things he said about us when we Yielded him.

Editing clearly plays a huge role in how we view the teams.

see peach, nothing to worry about.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #326 on: May 02, 2007, 10:57:35 AM »
My fingers hurt from being crossed so long! :lol:

I'll be trolling for info at TARcon--May 16th seems too long to wait!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #327 on: May 02, 2007, 12:20:48 PM »
My fingers hurt from being crossed so long! :lol:

I'll be trolling for info at TARcon--May 16th seems too long to wait!

you may get info, but i just have this feelings peoples mouths will be shut this time around.

oh btw the winners will be on regis and kelly on tuesday!!!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 02, 2007, 03:41:12 PM »
Ah! Everytime I see somebody mention going to TARcon I get so jealous! I WANT TO GO!
You guys make sure to take a lot of pictures...maybe somebody can bring a life sized cut out of me and place it beside Dustin and Kandice if they go and take a picture of it!!!!  :angel:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #329 on: May 02, 2007, 04:06:50 PM »
Ah! Everytime I see somebody mention going to TARcon I get so jealous! I WANT TO GO!
You guys make sure to take a lot of pictures...maybe somebody can bring a life sized cut out of me and place it beside Dustin and Kandice if they go and take a picture of it!!!!  :angel:

you want to goto tarcon to watch abunch of people get drunk??? :groan:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #330 on: May 02, 2007, 04:07:36 PM »

YES!

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #331 on: May 02, 2007, 04:32:03 PM »

YES!

not my type of crowed, sorry michael lol

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #332 on: May 02, 2007, 07:37:52 PM »
Danny & Oswald interviews:

IGN
RNO

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 02, 2007, 07:38:43 PM »
Thanks puddin :hearts:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #334 on: May 03, 2007, 03:03:32 PM »
the person who was credited with the sunday time slot for tar was premoted

Gee to direct CBS planning
Network promotes programming exec
By JOSEF ADALIANCBS has upped Noriko Gee to director of program planning and scheduling.
Gee is part of the Eye team responsible for scheduling primetime skeins and specials, as well as the occasional telepic or feature film. She'll also have a hand in planning the sked for sister net the CW.

She reports to CBS programming operations senior exec VP Kelly Kahl.

Gee had been manager of program planning and scheduling since February 2006, contributing to the Eye's decision to move "The Amazing Race" and "Without a Trace" to Sunday night.

Exec began her career in 2001, serving as an intern in the Eye's research department. She shifted to scheduling in 2003, joining the department as a coordinator.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 03, 2007, 03:06:54 PM »
yay! maybe she will keep it on Sunday nights  :ninja I love TAR sundays!

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #336 on: May 04, 2007, 10:13:58 AM »
An Air Force podcast about Guam. The story is at 3:35 (latest edition 03 May), but I'll save the trouble: it's just an officer talking about finding production's expectations, meeting the challenges, etc.  B:)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #337 on: May 04, 2007, 01:30:48 PM »
AMAZING RACE: ALL STARS WINNING TEAM!: On Sunday night’s season finale of the Amazing Race: All Stars, Dustin and Kandice have a disagreement and Charla and Mirna rely on their wit in order to beat the physically stronger teams. Who will walk away with a first place finish? Monday morning, the final two teams will join us live on our plaza where we will present the winning team with their million dollar check!

8:38 SEGMENT ELEVEN - AMAZING RACE WINNERS AND CHECK PRESENTATION: On Sunday
night's season finale of the Amazing Race: All Stars, Dustin and Kandice have a
disagreement and Charla and Mirna rely on their wit in order to beat the
physically stronger teams. Who will walk away with a first place finish? Monday
morning, the final two teams will join us live on our plaza where we will
present the winning team with their million dollar check!

TES, inside scoop.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 04, 2007, 01:36:39 PM »
Only the final two teams?!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #339 on: May 04, 2007, 01:40:11 PM »
After what Mirna said about MissAlli I have been wondering if she would have the nerve to turn up to a TWoP sponsered function! But last week on the Fline they did say all 3 teams would be there...I thought the final 3 was under contract with CBS to appear though?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 04, 2007, 02:11:04 PM »
well, it could always be a typo

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #342 on: May 05, 2007, 06:20:16 AM »
Aww... I thought TARcon wouldn't be this month. I could've gone if it was next month, as I'll be in the area. :-\

Can't wait for the fall line-up announcements, too. Really crossing my fingers for TAR 12... and 13 and hopefully up to 200. :lol3:
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 05, 2007, 11:56:16 AM »
me too, hopefully TAR continues to go on, I know Phil said that he'll continue doing the show as long as it is picked up so that's good :D
I'm so looking forward to brand new teams, it's going to be really refreshing to watch it not having pre-determined favorites.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #344 on: May 05, 2007, 09:29:09 PM »
TAR 12 should be hitting the road by the end of May or beginning of June.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #345 on: May 06, 2007, 03:45:16 PM »
'Amazing Race' Leaves Behind Law Suit

Arusha Times (Arusha)
NEWS
5 May 2007
Posted to the web 6 May 2007

By Staff Reporter
Arusha

Not often does the giant American broadcasting corporation CBS cover Arusha, but when it stopped by in 2004 at the Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA) it left behind a US Dollars 2 million civil suit.

CBS Broadcasting Inc. based in Los Angeles in California were on a tour of filming their popular documentary "The Amazing Race," only to discover later that what they did at KIA attracted among others, a civil case.

A resident of Arusha, Stella Mwanyika claims that her right to privacy was infringed during the filming of "The Amazing Race" sometime in 2004. Through her advocates, Maira and Company Advocates of Dar es Salaam and W. A. L. Mirambo and Company Advocates of Arusha, Ms Mwanyika, the Plaintiff, is claiming damages amounting to about US Dollars 2 million.

According to a plaint filed at the High Court of Tanzania, Arusha District Registry and labeled Civil Case No. 7 of 2006 the defendant had "without any lawful cause infringed the fundamental human rights of the Plaintiff." The Plaintiff is employed as a ground hostess at KIA.

Particulars of the submission include: Taking her photographs without her consent and against her will and amidst her protest; publishing the said photographs without her consent and against her will; and broadcasting the documentary "The Amazing Race" without her consent or knowledge.

"By reason of matters aforesaid, the Plaintiff has suffered loss and damage to feelings and dignity and likely to suffer further loss and damage," the plaint reads.

Apart from special and general damages, the Plaintiff is claiming aggravated and exemplary damages in view of "the fact that the Defendants gained profits from the said publishing and broadcasting worldwide."

The plaintiff also prays for an injunction to restrain the Defendants from broadcasting the programme known as "The Amazing Race".

But to the Defendant, the inclusion of Ms Mwanyika's images in the program did not constitute a valid cause of action against CBS.

Responding on behalf of CBS, REX Attorneys of Dar es Salaam (Merging Maajar, Rwechungura, Nguluma {Advocates} & Epitome Advocates) the attorneys claim that, "the raw footage we have reviewed does not include your client's refusal to be tapped.

"Instead, it shows her staring directly into the lens of at least one of the production crew's very large and visible cameras without any objection and also smiling and acknowledging the camera.

"She among other things, asked whether she could get a copy of the tape for herself ... all of which amount to a very clear implicit consent for the program to tape and use her image."

Accordingly, the attorneys concluded, CBS will not agree to meet the demand to pay "your client" that amount of money. Hearing of the case is scheduled for May 31, this year.

link

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #346 on: May 06, 2007, 04:20:36 PM »
ok i have this episode on my dvr and just went through it, what am i looking for??? :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #347 on: May 06, 2007, 04:38:14 PM »
ok i have this episode on my dvr and just went through it, what am i looking for??? :lol:
Some lady at the KIA task? What was it bears & Pans? lol

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #348 on: May 06, 2007, 04:43:41 PM »
Some lady at the KIA task? What was it bears & Pans? lol

this was from tar5, i think i have a pretty good idea of whio this lady is but not sure. there is a lady on camera helping out the teams get tickets when colins taxi drivers gone crazy wanted to throw him in jail  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #349 on: May 06, 2007, 05:44:05 PM »
I O C  :lol:! I rushed through the story and all I saw was KIA and thought about the IKEA task counting bears rotflmao  :rotf: