Author Topic: "ARMED & FAMOUS"  (Read 6083 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
"ARMED & FAMOUS"
« on: December 15, 2006, 12:19:47 AM »
CELEBRITY COPS HIT THE STREETS

"ARMED & FAMOUS," A New Reality Series, Premieres Wednesday, Jan. 10 on the CBS Television Network

Erik Estrada, La Toya Jackson, Jack Osbourne, Jason "Wee-Man" Acuna and Trish Stratus Star In A New Series Which Follows Celebrities As They
  Become Working Police Officers in Muncie, Indiana

ARMED & FAMOUS, a new reality series that turns celebrities into crime fighters, will follow five brave stars through the Police Academy and onto patrol in Muncie, Indiana.  ARMED & FAMOUS will premiere on Wednesday, Jan. 10 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) followed by a special original broadcast on Thursday, Jan. 11 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  ARMED & FAMOUS moves to its regular time period, Wednesdays
(8:00 - 9:00 PM, ET/PT) on Jan. 17.     

ARMED & FAMOUS features actor Erik Estrada ("CHiPs"), singer and author La Toya Jackson, television personality Jack Osbourne ("The Osbournes"), professional skateboarder Jason "Wee-Man" Acuņa ("Jackass") and former WWE champion wrestler, Trish Stratus. 

The series follows the five stars as they become sworn police officers in the Midwestern town of Muncie, Indiana -- a city of nearly 70,000 residents located 60 miles northeast of Indianapolis. It's also home to Ball State University.

Done with the full cooperation of the Muncie Police Department, the celebrities will undergo police training to become reserve police officers in the Muncie Police Department. They'll learn everything from firearms to hand-to-hand combat, and even learn what it's like to be on the receiving end of a taser shock as a part of the process to be certified to carry stun guns. Upon completion of their training, they'll be issued badges and guns, partnered with veteran officers and immediately hit the streets of Muncie.  The five celebrities will protect and serve on the busiest shift of the night, 6 PM to 2 AM, responding to emergency calls, helping victims and making arrests. 

ARMED & FAMOUS is produced by Emmy Award winner Tom Forman ("Extreme Makeover: Home Edition"), Jeffrey Kramer ("Ally McBeal") and Michael Braverman ("Jesse Ventura's America") for Tom Forman Prods. and Good TV, Inc.   

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: "ARMED & FAMOUS"
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 01:16:30 PM »
CELEBRITY COPS HIT THE STREETS
"ARMED & FAMOUS," A New Reality Series, Premieres Wednesday, Jan. 10 on the CBS Television Network

Erik Estrada, La Toya Jackson, Jack Osbourne, Jason "Wee-Man" Acuņa and Trish Stratus Star In A New Series Which Follows Celebrities As They
  Become Working Police Officers in Muncie, Indiana

"Never Thought I'd Get Handcuffed by a Jackson" -- ARMED & FAMOUS, a new reality series that turns celebrities into crime fighters, will follow five brave stars through the Police Academy and onto patrol in Muncie, Indiana.  ARMED & FAMOUS will premiere on Wednesday, Jan. 10 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) followed by a special original broadcast on Thursday, Jan. 11 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  ARMED & FAMOUS moves to its regular time period, Wednesdays (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on Jan. 17.     

ARMED & FAMOUS features actor Erik Estrada ("CHiPs"), singer and author La Toya Jackson, television personality Jack Osbourne ("The Osbournes"), professional skateboarder Jason "Wee-Man" Acuņa ("Jackass"), and former WWE champion wrestler Trish Stratus. 

In the premiere episode, the celebrities arrive in Muncie, Indiana to begin their training to become official reserve police officers, done with the full cooperation of the Muncie Police Department.  From their first meeting with the head of the Muncie police department, Chief Joe Winkle, the cadets realize they're no longer in Hollywood.  Muncie's newest crime fighters are in for the challenge of their life as they learn about everything from firearms, hand-to-hand combat and what it's like to be on the receiving end of a taser gun.  Upon completion of their training, the celebrities are issued badges and guns, partnered with veteran officers and immediately hit the streets, arresting alleged drug dealers, wife-beaters, burglars as well as lending a hand to those in need.  To these five celebrities, serving the people of Muncie is a tremendous honor.               

ARMED & FAMOUS is produced by Emmy Award winner Tom Forman ("Extreme Makeover: Home Edition"), Emmy Award winner Jeffrey Kramer ("Ally McBeal") and Michael Braverman ("Jesse Ventura's America") for Tom Forman Prods. and Good TV, Inc. 

Bashful

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 04:27:49 PM »
I've seen several previews for this show, and to be honest, it looks to be TOTALLY LAME!!!  If anybody watches, let us know how it is.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 05:08:15 PM »
I'll watch if I can but might be ascared of La Toya Jackson's face  :o !! She looks SO much like Micheal now that its very very horrid.

Bashful

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 05:24:32 PM »
I'll watch if I can but might be ascared of La Toya Jackson's face  :o !! She looks SO much like Micheal now that its very very horrid.

Amen to that!    :yess:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 07:18:57 PM »
LOL Bashful  :lol:

CBS put some youtubes up

Celebrities Get Tasered
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by5_8SpGX-E

Celebrities Shoot Guns
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4EecWEFw_M

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 03:35:51 PM »
a few more ( after watching these I think I'll pass  :res: )

Celebrities In Hand-To-Hand Combat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2pV2jSi3Jk

Erik Estrada Farts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQoRjcaoOBw

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 07:53:13 PM »
I changed the channel after 10 minutes ............it was more horrific than I expected  :lol:

anyway for tomorrow night

La Toya Jackson Faces Her Biggest Fears Thursday on Armed and Famous 
LA TOYA JACKSON COMES FACE TO FACE WITH ONE OF HER BIGGEST FEARS AND JACK OSBOURNE HELPS TRACK DOWN A WANTED SUSPECT, ON "ARMED & FAMOUS," JAN. 11 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

"The Cats of Muncie, They Have It Out for Me" - One of Muncie's newest cadets, La Toya Jackson, is forced to face her biggest fear and Jack Osbourne helps track down a wanted suspect, on ARMED & FAMOUS, Thursday, Jan. 11 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. ARMED & FAMOUS moves to its regular time period, Wednesdays (8:00 - 9:00 PM, ET/PT) on Jan. 17.

As Muncie's newest cadets continue patrolling the streets, La Toya Jackson responds to a burglary call and comes face-to-face with her biggest fear and struggles to maintain composure in the midst of an arrest. Meanwhile, Jack Osbourne's adrenaline hits an all-time high when he joins Muncie's veteran officers in the hunt for a wanted suspect.

ARMED & FAMOUS features actor Erik Estrada ("CHiPs"), singer and author La Toya Jackson, television personality Jack Osbourne ("The Osbournes"), professional skateboarder Jason "Wee-Man" Acuņa ("Jackass") and former WWE champion wrestler, Trish Stratus. The series follows the five stars as they become sworn police officers in the Midwestern town of Muncie, Indiana -- a city of nearly 70,000 residents located 60 miles northeast of Indianapolis. It's also home to Ball State University.

ARMED & FAMOUS is produced by Emmy Award winner Tom Forman ("Extreme Makeover: Home Edition"), Emmy Award winner Jeffrey Kramer ("Ally McBeal") and Michael Braverman ("Jesse Ventura's America") for Tom Forman Prods. and Good TV, Inc.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 08:08:23 PM »
i didnt even watch

Offline bigfootedguy

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 03:09:33 AM »
What an amazing show this turned out to be! With the team from Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, I knew there would be quality here. It had the humor we want, but I like that they took it seriously as well. A very nice balance here!

La Toya Jackson is a goddess like I've always known, but I hope the rest of America sees this now. She is so sweet and nothing like the reputation she gained while married to abusive Jack Gordon.

The big surprise for me was how likable Wee Man is. He was never one of my favorite Jackasses, but he's doing a great job here. Love seeing him take the guys down during training and can't wait to really see him in action.

Erik Estrada annoys me. He is taking it too seriously and seems to think because of Chips he's so above everyone else. Trish is very sweet as well! Another surprise! She did an amazing job with the house burning which was very sad. What a first day! Jack Osborne is always fun to have around as well! Loved his comments about La Toya. BTW, did you guys notice her nails? I'm surprised they let her keep them!

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 07:20:18 AM »
I didn't think the show was horrible, and did watch the entire thing, and will probably watch the next one. I love train wreck tv, and this is what that is. Not horrible, but not a show that CBS should have on its air!! Maybe on cable somewhere, but not on CBS!

Rob

Offline shadia

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2007, 02:22:25 PM »
I like the show. It's not the best reality show I've ever seen, but it is entertaining. Besides nothing else is on during its time slot  :lol:

Some of the scene looked staged though. I know producers do this alot on "reality" shows, but I hate when it is obvious.

Looks like Jack Osbourne could become a real cop if he wanted to. He is really good at it and takes it very seriously. I am very happy for him to see how far he has come from his lazy drug/alcohol filled days on The Osbourne's.

I will tune in on Wednesday  :tup:

Offline bigfootedguy

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2007, 12:16:45 AM »
So far so good.My heart went out to LaToya. Having a phobia that strong is overwhelming and embarassing. I would hide in a car trunk if I had to in order to avoid a frog. I admire that she was willing to go to counseling to address her fears. I am also surprised at how much I like her. Sure she's a little nutty but she seems like a genuinely sweet lady.

I am embarassed to admit that I am a bit teary about the community asking Jack to stay with them permanently, aawww. How sweet.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2007, 01:42:16 PM »
I see they pulled it ..

CBS PULLS 'ARMED & FAMOUS,' THE CW CONFIRMS 'REBA' END
By Brian Ford Sullivan (TFC)

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=7278

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2007, 02:04:27 PM »
I see they pulled it ..

Why am I not surprized?

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2007, 02:11:57 PM »
OMG NO, THEY CAN'T DO THAT, NO I AM JUST SHOCKED, THIS CAN'T BE TRUE CAN IT. They can't just cancel Reba like that!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2007, 02:30:47 PM »
I knew you would be much more upset about Reba, Rob  :lol:

Offline shadia

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2007, 04:05:07 PM »
Sam Rueban on KTLA morning news says that the show was pulled due to lawsuits and bad ratings.

Jack Osbourne and La Toya Jackson busted into the wrong home to make an arrest.

The home owners are suing CBS, Jack, and La Toya. 

oooppss!

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2007, 05:27:27 PM »
Did not hear about that, seems like an honest mistake?? How can you sue the cops for doing thier job???

Offline shadia

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2007, 04:03:37 AM »
^^I think if it were just the Muncie cops, there wouldn't be a law suit. When you get 'celebrities' and
cameras involved ppl start to see $$$^^

Here is the link from IMDB

'Armed & Famous' in Mistaken Identity Lawsuit

American reality TV show Armed & Famous is facing a lawsuit over a case of mistaken identity. Lyndsay Clements, 22, of Muncie, Indiana claims her flat was raided by five to eight police officers who then restrained her in handcuffs and subjected her to questioning about two people she did not know. The now-cancelled CBS show saw celebrities including Jack Osbourne, La Toya Jackson and Erik Estrada acting as part of the Muncie police force. In the claim filed last week, Clements insists the police search was illegal and excessive, violating her constitutional rights. The claim also states Clements "also holds liable all those associated with filming and airing the show." Armed & Famous producer Tom Forman, police chief Joe Winkle and attorney Charles Clark declined to comment on the allegations. The show was axed in January