Author Topic: so you think you can dance?  (Read 15735 times)

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
Re: so you think you can dance?
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2006, 07:06:58 AM »
in my area it was on from 7-8 on a canadian station...then from 8-9 on Fox
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2006, 03:45:20 PM »
I thought Heidi and Travis were the best couple. Benji also dance very well!!!

We now have our dream F4 of Benji, Travis, Heidi, and Donyelle!!! They are probably the best four dancers, so kudos to you, America!!!  :tup:

I will be pulling for Benji, or maybe Travis!!!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2006, 06:16:14 AM »
 :ythat: ....ALL of what you said, Tan!  What a great F4 and I just wish all four could win.  I bet the votes are gonna be verrrrry close.  I want Benji to win, but Travis or Heidi would be swell.  Even Donyelle, but she's my least fav of the 4.  I can hardly wait for the finale!   :woohoo:

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2006, 07:56:50 AM »
Agreed!!! Donyelle hasn't been a good as she was a few weeks ago. At the same time, Heidi has been growing on me, and is now one of my favorites!!!

I read an article in the TV Guide yesterday. Sounds like Travis, because he is the best "techinal" dancer, may be the one to beat instead of Benji. I like Travis an awful lot, but I still think Benji is the best!!!  :tup:

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2006, 10:48:05 AM »
My fav has been Travis and Benji from the begining...we all know i want them to dance off ....
donyelle...i'm not crazy about her anymore....and heidi makes funny faces....we'll see what happens this week!!

excited!!!!

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2006, 02:36:45 PM »
Trouble alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My cable went out last night, when the line broke loose from the pole. They told me it would be fixed today, but now they are saying they can't get to it until tomorrow!!!  (:;)

I may have to watch the show with the neighbors!!!  :lol:

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2006, 03:25:50 PM »
Spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Found over at SUCKS!!!
(These combined names are hard to figure out!!!)

Treidi Disco- to "Shake your groove thing" Doriana choreographed. Lots of lifts. Judges loved it.

Benjelle Waltz- "I'll be" edwin mcain. Jean Marc did it. Judges hated it. At the end of the dance it looked like they were kissing but they weren't.

Heidi solo- More of the same thing as usual. Beyonce song.

Tranji hip hop- Shane did it. AMAZING! Dressed like dorks with backpacks. Judges loved it. Lots of booty shots. In the pre-clip they said something about all the girls wanting a "Tranji" finale.

Donyelle solo- Like her audition but better. To "Human" by Dione Ferris.

Travis solo- Very much like everything Travis does. Lots of back handsprings.

Heidi/Donyelle Broadway- Tyce number. Judges didn't like it. Simple chroeography and they didn't have enough energy.

Benji solo- Very Benji. At the end he fell backwards into the audience (on purpose) where his friends were standing and they pushed him back on stage.

Travelle Comtemp- By Mia to "Georgia" by Ray Charles. Judges loved it. Briam said it was like a moving painting. Mary cried.

Bendi salsa- Alex Desilva. Judges loved it. Cool lift at the end. Brain said they should perform that at his birthday party. Said they were the best Girl/Guy partners to all.

THEN! Surprise group number to "Sexy Back" by JT choero by WADE!!!!!! It was very model/ runway. Judges said Travis stood out.

Afterwards, Fergie performed but that's for next week. The stars of Step Up were there and the dancers went to the preimire right after the taping.

Here are some other spoilers. I have more respect for Ivan after reading this (and I can't wait to see that "Tranji" number):

Judes: Brian, Mary and Nigel

While they are on stage waiting to do the opening sequence, Benji puts his hand on the small of Donyelle's back and gives her a kiss on the cheek...then he does the same to Heidi.

The 4 come out to dance in the opening sequence (Donny does a contemporary opening sequence dance).

First performance: Travis and Heidi - Disco...it was very energetic (A LOT of lifts)...judges really liked it. Heidi's facial expressions were on point

Donny and Benji: (Rogue didn't notice the pre-perfromance piece)...They came out on the stage holding hands. The song was "I'll be" from Dawsons Creek. It was not as good as first VFW. It wasn't flowy and smooth. Not a lot of lifts. Donyelle was wearing midnight blue gown (she looks good)...Benji is in tux with his tie undone. They did 2 lifts, but not a lot (especially compared to Travis and Heidi). At the end, they did a dip and stayed that way for a while (about 8 or or 9 seconds)...Xrogue SUSPECTS they kissed during the dip because the crowd went wild and they just stayed in the dip for a really long time. Xrogue was at an angle where she couldn't see their heads to confirm (darn it!!!!). But, when Benjelle walked over to Cat/judges, Cat said "I saw that" to Benjelle. The judges PANNED the performance, they hated it! Most criticism went to Benji...that he didn't partner her well at all etc... Benjelle had their arms around each other. Benji kissed her on the side of the head after the judging.

Heidi solo ...same old same.

Travis and Benji: Hip Hop (Shane Sparks)...Best performance of the night!!! Came out as nerds with tape on glasses and backpacks and shorts with knee hights socks. As it progressed they peeled off glasses and nerdy clothes. They lowered their shorts and they started going at it! Judges loved it!!! They lifted up their shirts and showed their stomachs.

After their judging, Cat said our next solo is "Donyelle" and Benji said it with her....Did the hand "rock on" motion.

Donyelle came out for her solo and she looked at them and smiled (Benji didn't see her as she was behind him). Donny wore her brown and orange audition outfit...and she danced her audition peace....it was totally awesome!! She altered the choreography a little bit...but, it was GREAT!!

During a break, Deon (BarreDancer from IDF) yelled "Hey Brian!!..Donyelle is so awesome!" Brian said "I know, but I can't vote!!"

Travis solo...awesome!!...did backflip...awesome!

Donny and Heidi..."Sweet Charity" chorecgraphed by Tyce. Very sexy...pinstripped suits with white and black eyeleshes. Very hot! Judges said they didn't like it..."just ok"..."mediocre".

Benji's solo... usual...energetic. As part of the routine, he fell backwards and friends caught him and put him on stage. Cute!

Donny and Travis...it was awesome!!! They were farmer outfits. Donny had pigtails...Travis was in hat. Donny started on the floor and travis started on floor with her with his head on her stomach. Routine is to Ray Charles "Georgia". A Mia piece. It was breezy and flowed perfectly. There was more working chemistry than Benjelle in Waltz. Nigel said "This performance is light and smooth and it just really, really took me back to when everything is good an everything is working out"....Nigel loved it. Mary cried!!!! Brian said they looked like a "moving painting".

Benji and Heidi Salsa...it was very energetic...like club mambo...it really stamped "Benji and Heidi for the win"...plus, being at the end of the show, it really ended on a high note (for Benji and Heidi).

After that, they all performed together in the group piece. It was Wade Robson and it was to Sexy Back by Justin Timberlake...so much fun!! ...they had so much fun doing it!!! The choreography was awesome and Travis killed it!...and Donyelle killed it!!! Benji and Heidi were lacking in the grittyness of it. They all were being supermodels during the routine. The routine was "On point!!!"
At end, they all pretended they were going to kill each other...suffocating each other...got in front of judges and there was the flashing of cameras (part of the piece)...Cute!

The preperfromance video for the group number: The 4 came in to meet Wade. Benji came in with Donny on his back. Travis was carrying Heidi on his back. The guys then set the girls down.

At the end of the video, all are on floor. Donny was sitting between Benji's legs!!! She was resting her hand on his thigh. Heidi was in front of Travis. At the end, they all hugged and rolled on floor together hugging etc. Cute!

At the end of the routine, all 4 went to judges...all arms around each other. Benji let go of Heidi and was just hugging Donyelle...Donny's thumbe was stroking his side (for a second). At the end of the show, they all dance. They all held hands and did ring around the rosie. Benji and Donyelle dancing together - just the 2 of them. Donny was doing a free style hip hop and Benji danced with her...and then he holds out his hand for Heidi. At the end, Benji kissed Donny on the cheek.

The end of sexy back, they all convene in middle of the stage and talk to the production manager. Benji reached for her hand and kissed her on cheek.

Couple of things to point out:

Donyelle is SKINNY!!!...absolutely TINY!

Jason and Ivan were there in the audience.

The audience was filled with Schwimmer friends and family.

Donny had less fans than Travis, Heidi and Benji.

Jason looked depressed and he threw away his Donny poster. It was in the TRASH!!! Rogue though he was bummed because it seemed Donny didn't get any great performance types of dances to stand out. Heidi and Benji and Travis stood out...they had high energy performances and it just seemed not good for Donny. So, that's why Jason was mad.

Nigel said at one point that it was "down to the 2 guys".

Mary said "Travis, Benji or Heidi will win...sorry you didn't bring it, Donyelle". Brian said "I totally disagree...everyone of them deserves to win and if I was going to give the job to anyone, it would be Travis".

The Schwimmers pass out "Benji posters" to everyone....everyone...they gave one to Xrogue and to Ivan...everyone! Ivan had a Benji poster and he was asked to hold it up by the production person. Ivan refused to hold it up...instead he wanted to hold up the one with the ALL the dancer's names. The production person said "no"....so, Ivan said "I cannot do that..I don't want to hold up 1 name" Finally, he held up the Benji poster because he had no choice.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2006, 01:19:23 PM »
that whole poster thing with Ivan...WOW!!! thats bad...

Anyways...last night was SICK!!!!!!

Travis was FANTASTIC>>>>>SO EXCITED TO SEE BENJI AND TRAVIS DANCE TOGETHER!!!!

My god I was on my feet watching most of the night......

Can't wait till the finale wish i could vote would have voted off the hook for Travis....so we'll see if its anything like last year one person at a time get eliminated throught the 2 hour finale special..........Can't Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRAVIS ROCKS!!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2006, 02:52:06 AM »
Trouble alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My cable went out last night, when the line broke loose from the pole. They told me it would be fixed today, but now they are saying they can't get to it until tomorrow!!!  (:;)
I may have to watch the show with the neighbors!!!  :lol:
Sorry about the troubles and hope you got to watch the show, Tan!  :waves:

For 20 straight minutes, I dialed ALL my votes for Benji!!  :jumpy:
But if Travis or Heidi win, I'll be happy.  Heidi "grew on me" too, but like you CeeeJay, she does get wierd expressions & it bugs me sometimes! 

BENJI ROCKS!!   :woohoo:   :hearts:

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2006, 07:46:35 AM »
it will be an exciting finale next week....are they bringing back all 20dancers???????????

can't wait to see alison and natalie dance again...liked those two

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2006, 09:07:30 AM »
I finally got to watch the show yesterday evening. Seemed to me that the judges were pimping Travis the whole show, with their comments. Even the dances and partnering (is that a word?) favored Travis.

His first dance was "Disco" which should have been Travis' weak dance. But since he was teamed up with Heidi, who is great in those type of dances, he made it through. Had he been teamed up with Donyelle on that dance, it would not have been as good. Of course when he was teamed up with Donyelle, they did "Contemporary", which is both of their forte'. And when he was partners with Benji, it was "Hip-Hop", which again Travis is probably better in than Benji, and it showed to me. Even the dance in the end, where they all 4 danced together, was "Contemporary"!!!

JMHO

Like you Rudy, my daughter said that she got in several dozen votes for Benji. But she also said that his line was rarely busy, which could be a bad sign.  :umn:

If Benji doesn't win though, I will be happy with Travis or Heidi, for the same reasons you voiced. I do think that Donyelle is just a small step below the other three technically!!!

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2006, 11:54:16 AM »
Season Finale Tonight........WAHOO!!!

EXCITED EXCITED EXCITED :woohoo:

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2006, 07:11:57 PM »
Dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

How many times is my TV Guide gonna be wrong!!! I am out of town on business, and have set the VCR to tape the show, which is SUPPOSED to come on at 9pm. I am watching it from my hotel room right now (8pm) and it is the LIVE results show, not last week's repeat, like my TV Guide says!!!

The problem is, that the rest of my family isn't home either, and aren't watching it!!! This is not the first tme for this show, or other shows!!!  (:;)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2006, 01:57:53 AM »
Aww Tan, I'm so sorry!  :-\   The TVGuide Mag isn't too dependable sometimes, sadly.  The same thing has happened to me and it is REALLY pi$$ing to say the least!
 I also use Yahoo TvGuide...to compare...and usually, it is more accurate.  Just depends on the channel.  Like TNT...Yahoo is always off by 3hrs. 

I'm elated that BENJI won! :woohoo:  I was sooo excited, & hooped, hollared and clapped for him!!  I thot Travis would win since the Judges appeared to be...like you say..."pimping" him. But even if Travis or any of the four won, that was one heckuva F4, and they are all winners!  :hearts: 

Here's a link for a story & photo of Benji from RealityTV Mag
http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/so_you_think_you_can_dance/index.html

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2006, 10:16:15 AM »
I rely on the Digital Cable Guide on the TV itself.

Well I was glad to see that it was between the two boys as I predicted during auditions...........I was sad that travis didn't win but I believe he's a lot younger than Benji and his time will come.

Did anyone else notice that he danced like 6 times!?!?!? And Donyelle didn't dance once?? (except Solo)
Whats up with that???

Anyone else think that Dmitry and Natalie's dance seemed a little awkward as well??

Donyelle's speach made me cry...didn't think I would get emotional....Overall was a great finally Heidi and Benji and Travis danced up a STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great to see Alyson back again....

Joy...what NOT A joy to watch...how did she ever make it in the top 20?? Her friend Erin was MUCH Better.

Anyhoo gotta get back to work..............GREAT SHOW WISH THEY TOURED IN CANADA

:hearts:

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2006, 07:07:16 PM »
Well, I did get to at least watch the whole show. And someone finally came home and taped the last 1 1/2 hours, before anyone got eliminated.

Glad Benji won, since I thought he was the best. But I woulda been happy with a Travis win too!!! I also thought it was a great finale', and enjoyed getting to see some of the dances again!!!