Author Topic: EP3 Title : I'm in Russia Playing with the Dolls  (Read 54866 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP3 Title : I'm in Russia Playing with the Dolls
« Reply #175 on: March 12, 2006, 12:52:07 PM »
  when lightened up , this vidcap you can see it's a camara or sound man ducking around the corner and a dude wearing a Taxi flap on his jacket .
I can only make out Yolanda/ Eric & Jerermy

<< some weird reflections going on in the window along with a headrest and rearview mirror , Dani's hair looks wet . Maybe we can find the building in the back round ?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #176 on: March 12, 2006, 01:26:53 PM »
Gman
OR we have an episode with only a Roadblock and no Detour.
I'm starting to think the Dolls are not a detour either , rather a task that they all have to do? I wonder if the "clue" leads to another task ?

Frustration mounts when teams have difficulty searching for a clue buried inside thousands of Russian nesting dolls

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #177 on: March 12, 2006, 01:29:13 PM »
any luck with this building?

edit:
I think they wear the same, gman ???
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 01:32:44 PM by banzai »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: March 12, 2006, 02:56:43 PM »
any luck with this building?

edit:
I think they wear the same, gman ???

No luck yet, but we can say it's NOT the Church of Christ the Savior (Redeemer).

More detail visible with lightening below
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 03:07:49 PM by Boingo »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: March 12, 2006, 06:40:12 PM »
Good news! I found the Orthodox Church.   ;)  Bad news is, it's RECYCLED!  :(  Here's what I found on the web:

Estonian (Saint-Isidorovskaya) church. It's called Estonian, because it belonged to estonian orthodox congregation.
St. Petersburg, Russia 1903-1905 architect - A.A. Poleshuk.

:groan:  Oh well, anything else left to spoil?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 08:34:18 PM by Boingo »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #180 on: March 12, 2006, 06:50:35 PM »
^^ thanks Boingo,  :tup:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #181 on: March 12, 2006, 07:02:57 PM »
cool Boingo   :tup:

Oh well, anything else left to spoil?
Just basic stuff , who says the title ? who comes in first , last ? what comes first Dolls or the pool ? Maybe its a good time for a poll ? :doh: to self .
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 07:11:17 PM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #182 on: March 12, 2006, 07:40:31 PM »
There's the theater and dance troupe (although it seems from the previews that the dancers, like the ones in Bollywood, are just decoration). Tarhead posted a few messages and then disappeared, but his spoil of the theater (here) still looks good. The theater is here, down the same road, I think, and not far from Red Square. The Gzhel folk dancers were in fact doing shows there in November 2005.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #183 on: March 12, 2006, 08:31:21 PM »
There's the theater and dance troupe (although it seems from the previews that the dancers, like the ones in Bollywood, are just decoration). Tarhead posted a few messages and then disappeared, but his spoil of the theater (here) still looks good. The theater is here, down the same road, I think, and not far from Red Square. The Gzhel folk dancers were in fact doing shows there in November 2005.

Anyones guess on the dance troupe & theatre, but the Hotel Rossiya complex next to Red Square, Gostiny Dvor, and steps from the pitstop, would make a logical place to put up the racers for the night.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #184 on: March 12, 2006, 08:49:10 PM »
The concert hall "Rossia" is part of Russia House and is in the block bordered on one side by ULITSA VARVARKA which is the street we have been discussing above.  Russia House takes up most of the block behind the churches on the left down to the embankment along the Moscow River.  The front also borders the square before St. Basil's Cathedral which we believe is the location of the matt for ep 3.  The dolls could be displayed here and the clue would lead them to St. Basil's; but the dolls could be laid out in one of the exhibition spaces inside The Old Merchant's Chambers. Either location could be reached by travelling along Ulitsa Varvarka. Russia House would also make a good place to put up crews and teams for the night.  

Yes, MO/JO are wearing the same clothing in the van and also on the parking lot, but both shots could be from next week's ep in Stutgart.  I do not recall any parking lot around the Convent nor inside.  And we have a shot of someone with a black backpack inside the convent.  And we have shots of I think it is Yolanda walking to the pool and she is also wearing a backpack.  The scenes of Mo in Blue are the only ones we have of teams in Russia without backpacks.

So far we seem to have good pix of Lake/Michelle, BJ/Tyler, Beach Boys, Mo/JO and the Nerds in Brazil.  BJ/Tyler, Yolanda, Fran and Barry, Beach Boys, Wanda and Desiree, and Double Dees in Russia. And MO/JO in either Russia or Germany. So that leaves almost no edit for David/Lori nor Lake/Michelle in Russia.  Is either team on the way to be Philiminated? And if indeed the shot of Blue Mo is in Stutgart, then that means the Nerds are safe as well.  That leaves Lake and Michelle unaccounted for.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #185 on: March 12, 2006, 10:25:52 PM »
MO/JO are wearing the same clothing in the van

In the van Monica says that all she knows about Russia is that they smoke & drink which leads me to beleive they are just arriving in Russia in the UAZ Patriot as noted by Boingo back a few pages .
Now the parking lot I'm clueless ?

Heres a video ( crank up the speakers )

http://photobucket.com/albums/b105/rawalsh/Amazing%20Race%209%20Videos/?action=view&current=tarpip2.flv

sharpened and lightened a bit

[/URL]
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 10:40:36 PM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #186 on: March 12, 2006, 10:49:27 PM »
Just a guess, I'll say it's the Chaika parking lot: a narrow lot, cars parked on a slant, and a wooded median. I'd say MoJo was running in the direction of the arrow, looking for the pool entrance.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #187 on: March 12, 2006, 11:10:53 PM »
 :jumpy:  Wow puddin slowhatch, looks like a match.  You can even see the bridge behind the trees (see picture below).
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 11:28:26 PM by Boingo »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #188 on: March 12, 2006, 11:22:21 PM »
Slowhatch gets the credit ! Nice Slowhatch  :jumpy:

anyone good at playing with photoshop ? maybe we could get a clearer picture ?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #189 on: March 13, 2006, 09:24:06 AM »
Awesome crosscheck Boingo!   :jumpy:

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #190 on: March 13, 2006, 09:36:52 AM »
according to this article
http://mediafiends.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=6989

John said probably “The Frosties”, they are 6-foot tall women. Scott liked “The Pinks” [Danielle & Dani]. Scott said he also liked “The Nerds” [couple Dave & Lori]. John said they were cute. Scott said he loved Ray & Yolanda.

so the Pinks are next to go.

She's not happy here either. They messed up somewhere.

Offline charlierose

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #191 on: March 13, 2006, 09:44:01 AM »
Can I ask a stupid question?  Why is she so weird in this picture?  It doesnt even look like one of the pink girls?   ???

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #192 on: March 13, 2006, 09:54:22 AM »
i dont think she looks mad in that pic

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #193 on: March 13, 2006, 09:55:21 AM »
She looks tired or exhausted.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #194 on: March 13, 2006, 09:56:42 AM »
and cold probly.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #195 on: March 13, 2006, 12:35:48 PM »
we could still try to figure what comes first Dolls or Pool ?  On the other hand while posting this I changed my mind and think Dolls before Pool , still as Gman has pointed out why no shots or mention of the other detour besides the Dolls ? The webby clues sure makes it sound like all teams do the Dolls ?
( keeping my fingers crossed that AOL puts a sneek peek up before tomorrow night )

some descriptions from on-line schedules ~

The teams take a ride across a 300-foot zip line in Brazil to receive a clue that instructs them to fly to Moscow, where they search through thousands of Russian nesting dolls for another clue. One team member becomes paralyzed with fear while performing a challenge in deep water.

Team members search for a clue buried inside thousands of Russian nesting dolls; a deep-water phobia paralyzes a racer, who fears drowning during a challenge.

"I Am in Russia Playing With the Dolls"
Team members search for a clue buried inside thousands of Russian nesting dolls; a deep-water phobia paralyzes a racer, who fears drowning during a challenge.

The Amazing Race 9 (10PM, CBS)

Destination: Russia.
Reality check: The next task -- finding a clue hidden in thousands of Russian nesting dolls -- is our favorite kind: tedious, luck-dependent and possibly game-changing.
Trouble ahead: Mom/daughter team Wanda and Desiree may sink to the bottom of the pack after a swimming challenge. -- Kelly Woo

"I Am in Russia Playing with the Dolls"
The teams take a ride across a 300-foot zip line in Brazil to receive a clue that instructs them to fly to Moscow, where they search through thousands of Russian nesting dolls for another clue. (Action/Adventure, Reality; CC, Stereo)

"I Am in Russia Playing With the Dolls" Episode #903.
Team members search for a clue buried inside thousands of Russian nesting dolls; a deep-water phobia paralyzes a racer, who fears drowning during a challenge

Amazing Race 9 
I Am in Russia Playing with the Dolls (New)  10:00 PM, 1 hr

The teams take a ride across a 300-foot zip line in Brazil to receive a clue that instructs them to fly to Moscow, where they search through thousands of Russian nesting dolls for another clue. One team member becomes paralyzed with fear while performing a challenge in deep water. Phil Keoghan is the host.

3/14/06 (Tu.)  10:00 PM  (#904) 'I'm in Russia Playing with the Dolls '
Web clues~
When teams take an exhilirating ride acoss a 300 foot-zipline,one racer's nerves gets the best of her .
A deep water phobia paralyzes one racer who is afraid of drowning during a challenge.
Frustration mounts when teams have difficulty searching for a clue buried inside thousands of Russian nestling dolls .

press release~

FRUSTRATION MOUNTS WHEN TEAMS HAVE DIFFICULTY SEARCHING FOR A CLUE BURIED INSIDE THOUSANDS OF RUSSIAN NESTING DOLLS, ON "THE AMAZING RACE 9," TUESDAY, MARCH 14, 10:00-11:00 PM ET/PT

"I Am In Russia Playing With The Dolls" -- Frustration mounts when teams have difficulty searching for a clue buried inside thousands of Russian nesting dolls, on THE AMAZING RACE 9,
            Teams take an exhilarating ride across a 300-foot zip line in Brazil in order to receive their next clue instructing them to fly to Moscow, Russia.  While on the zip line, one racer's nerves get the best of her.   
A deep water phobia paralyzes another racer who is afraid of drowning during a challenge and, encouraged by the other teams, another racer jumps off a high dive despite their inability to swim

Offline charlierose

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #196 on: March 13, 2006, 12:53:22 PM »
I really think the dolls come first and then the pool part.  ???

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #197 on: March 13, 2006, 01:46:04 PM »
OK this one is from Yahoo , what do you think ?

The Amazing Race 9
10:00 PM ET -CBS-
I'm positively thrilled that the "Hippies" -- BJ and Tyler -- are doing so well! Tonight, teams take a ride across a 300-foot zip line in Brazil before flying to Moscow. A deep-water phobia paralyzes one racer, and teams are later forced to look through a sea of Russian nesting dolls for a clue.
http://tv.yahoo.com/picks/20060314/

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #198 on: March 13, 2006, 02:00:35 PM »
Maybe the dolls task takes so freaking long that teams like Eric & Jeremy finally check in at 4:25 am.

Like haybales for everyone.    (:;)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #199 on: March 13, 2006, 02:02:50 PM »
from aol

The Amazing Race 9 (10PM, CBS)

Destination: Russia.
Reality check: The next task -- finding a clue hidden in thousands of Russian nesting dolls -- is our favorite kind: tedious, luck-dependent and possibly game-changing.
Trouble ahead: Mom/daughter team Wanda and Desiree may sink to the bottom of the pack after a swimming challenge. -- Kelly Woo