Author Topic: EP3 Title : I'm in Russia Playing with the Dolls  (Read 53773 times)

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: EP3 Title : I'm in Russia Playing with the Dolls
« Reply #150 on: March 11, 2006, 08:29:01 AM »
(assumes November 11th).

Chateau,  I'm sure it doesn't make much difference but it's probably not the morning of the 11th.  Assuming the racers fly out of Sao Paulo on the 10th in the pm., the earliest they could get to Moscow is on the 11th in the pm.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #151 on: March 11, 2006, 10:53:29 AM »

Awesome, Chateau_d_If, the digital clock is at 10:24. #10 is crunching together and it's hard to read. He could be a demonstrator.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #152 on: March 11, 2006, 12:10:59 PM »
So cool Banzai!  I did not notice the digital display down there.  But there it is.

the earliest they could get to Moscow is on the 11th in the pm.

Good point.  And you're right it does not change things much:  10:23 to 11:05 am

So who are all these jumpers?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 12:14:00 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #153 on: March 11, 2006, 12:59:11 PM »
  Wanda has a habit of pinching her nose

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #154 on: March 11, 2006, 02:17:12 PM »
At least you tried Chateau :yaya:
and I agree banzai , thats Yolanda & Ray's backpacks , theres a hint of red .
So who goes home ? Whos not the best swimmer ?
I'm going to guess Dave Nerd and Wanda is a red herring and some other team is going home
should be safe
Frats ( Russia vidcaps/ Alaska spoiler  )
Mo-Jo ( future vidcaps / Germany ? Sicily )
Franknberry ( Bungee jump & dive from an airplane / future EP spotted in Australia )
BJ & Tyler (EP 5 title ?) plus I think they are final 3 , our winners ?
WanDEE, if that is a time on the clock ? I'm looking more into that possability )

danger
Dees
Lake & Michele
Nerds
Rayolanda ( but I think they last alot  longer )

Saturday, 3/11: Making perfect coffee | Chef, TV host Nick Stellino | Enya
Monday, 3/13: Julia Louis Dreyfus on “New Adventures of Old Christine"
Tuesday, 3/14: Matthew McConaughey on “Failure to Launch” | Danny Lipford
Wednesday, 3/15: Salma Hayek on “Ask the Dust” | Team out of “Amazing Race”
Thursday, 3/16: Saving for retirement | “Five-Minute Cooking School”
Friday, 3/10: St. Patrick’s Day brunch ideas | Fitness bikes

Chaika
3/1 Turganinov Per. (M. Park Kultury)
246-1344, Mon.-Sat. 7am-9:30pm, Sun. 8:30am-7pm. 350 rubles; various subscriptions also available.
<< not much, I think thats Tyler

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #156 on: March 11, 2006, 04:02:51 PM »
You can't see it in this board-view, but from the after-show preview it looks like the clue is tethered at a point 15 feet or less from the surface. I don't know why Wanda volunteered (it's a Roadblock, isn't it?) is she has trouble swimming; maybe Desiree is even worse.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #157 on: March 11, 2006, 07:16:32 PM »
cause im bored

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #158 on: March 11, 2006, 07:36:37 PM »
recycled from EP2

whos scared of the zip-line?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 07:40:20 PM by puddin »

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #159 on: March 11, 2006, 07:57:16 PM »
At least you tried Chateau :yaya:
and I agree banzai , thats Yolanda & Ray's backpacks , theres a hint of red .
So who goes home ? Whos not the best swimmer ?
I'm going to guess Dave Nerd and Wanda is a red herring and some other team is going home
should be safe
Frats ( Russia vidcaps/ Alaska spoiler  )
Mo-Jo ( future vidcaps / Germany ? Sicily )
Franknberry ( Bungee jump & dive from an airplane / future EP spotted in Australia )
BJ & Tyler (EP 5 title ?) plus I think they are final 3 , our winners ?
WanDEE, if that is a time on the clock ? I'm looking more into that possability )

danger
Dees
Lake & Michele
Nerds
Rayolanda ( but I think they last alot  longer )

Saturday, 3/11: Making perfect coffee | Chef, TV host Nick Stellino | Enya
Monday, 3/13: Julia Louis Dreyfus on ?New Adventures of Old Christine"
Tuesday, 3/14: Matthew McConaughey on ?Failure to Launch? | Danny Lipford
Wednesday, 3/15: Salma Hayek on ?Ask the Dust? | Team out of ?Amazing Race?
Thursday, 3/16: Saving for retirement | ?Five-Minute Cooking School?
Friday, 3/10: St. Patrick?s Day brunch ideas | Fitness bikes

Chaika
3/1 Turganinov Per. (M. Park Kultury)
246-1344, Mon.-Sat. 7am-9:30pm, Sun. 8:30am-7pm. 350 rubles; various subscriptions also available.
<< not much, I think thats Tyler

Well if we go by pattern from the past two seasons[you know season 6 and 7], and being that most 9th place teams are girl/girl teams the only two teams in real jepordy are
Wanda and Desiree and Danielle and Dani

And Wanda while in the pool it looks to be getting dark quite darker than most other jumpers and shoulding it be getting dark at almost 3:00 being i thought i read the sun sets at like 4:00, i hate to say it but my gut tells me Wanda and Desiree will be eliminated, at least their edit YELLS their elimination.   Like i said before when a team gets eliminated because they suck at doing something its usually previewed, rather than a time a team screws up and makes a mistake.   And i looked slowly at the part with Wanda and Desiree, and they are all alone [if only one team can do this at a time i will stop watching becuase thats BS], and last eppy WD were shown to be just plain crappy racers, and prolly would have been eliminated or close to it, had Lake and Michelle not got lost going to the bus station.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #160 on: March 11, 2006, 08:22:41 PM »
the clues almost always go on order , and has so far ...so Dolls are last ( thats my take fwiw ) .

1)When teams take an exhilirating ride acoss a 300 foot-zipline,one racer's nerves gets the best of her .
2)A deep water phobia paralyzes one racer who is afraid of drowning during a challenge.
3)Frustration mounts when teams have difficulty searching for a clue buried inside thousands of Russian nestling dolls .

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #161 on: March 11, 2006, 09:50:39 PM »
clock is at ??:17 so Wanda got stuck for at least 21 minutes  :'(
can we read the time on his watch? 11:30am?

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #162 on: March 11, 2006, 09:52:42 PM »
the clues almost always go on order , and has so far ...so Dolls are last ( thats my take fwiw ) .

1)When teams take an exhilirating ride acoss a 300 foot-zipline,one racer's nerves gets the best of her .
2)A deep water phobia paralyzes one racer who is afraid of drowning during a challenge.
3)Frustration mounts when teams have difficulty searching for a clue buried inside thousands of Russian nestling dolls .

you think the detour comes second then?  Because on the after the show previews the dolls came before Wanda's disaster, who cant hold her breath for five seconds. [this is going to be the worst roadblock invented, if you cant do it [Wanda] and you dont have asthma[because that would be a good reason] you really arent in best shape for the race]

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #163 on: March 11, 2006, 10:03:43 PM »
Just some wild thoughts,

If teams arrive from Sao Paulo via Franfurt on Lufthansa at 12:05PM they might go first to the Novodevichiy Convent to find clue which takes them to the Chaika Sports Complex on Turchanoav Pereulok.  This could take them to the 14.56 time we see on the wall when we see a female diver.  This sure is the ROADBLOCK.

But is it possible that this ep only had the one Roadblock and no Detours with all nine teams having to make their way to the site of the nesting dolls (Matryoshka dolls)?  Has there ever been a TAR ep with only the one Roadblock and no Detours?  We have had programs with only a Detour and no roadblocks.  And a lot of time seems to be spent on the zipline in Brazil, then 15 hours flying over seven time zones. So we may just have the one roadblock with everyone having to do the doll think. I think the site for the doll search is the Manege on Mokhovaya Ulitsa.  It is the only building in the central area I can find with a colonnade.  We have shot of Eric and Jeremy led by Yolanda running through the colonnade; the beach boys have the same knit watch caps on that they have on when we see them pawing through the dolls.  The clue to be found here may send them around the corner to St. Basil's Cathedral which we are pretty sure is the pit stop for the first day in Moscow.

Chateau posted a map with a red line supposedly matching the shot of the car going down the street with a building with a colonnade on the right.  I have checked all my references and pictures and I do no think that the street shown in the video is Ulitsa Varvarka.  If it were the church on the left would be the Church of St. Barbara (and my pictures dooks entirely different).  And this is quite different from the one shown.  Also the building across the street would be the Old Merchant's Chambers now housing a shopping center and it looks different and does not have a colonnade on either side.  So I think that this is  different location from the one shown in the map leading toward St. Basil's Cathedral.

Back to the beginning of the ep.  The first three teams probably leave the coffee plantation while it is still dark.  But later we have a shot of the teams in the order they finished at the pit stop (BJ/Tyler in first, Eric and Jeremy in second, and Mo/Jo in third) and this is the order we have them running toward the camera.  So I suspect that the first clue tells them to make their way to the Alaya Adventure Center which will be a bunch point with a pre-set opening time after the sun comes up. So it looks like these three teams will be the first teams to make the zip lline journey.  Later still it looks like the same three teams are together at the bus station maybe waiting for a bus to take them back to Sao Paulo Airport and on to Moscow.

Oh well, it is Saturday night and being alone for the evening I had nothing better to do than put my random thoughts down on paper.  Oh, where, oh where has my puddin gone?

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #164 on: March 11, 2006, 10:19:13 PM »
see if you can read Russian on the building, gman ???

edit:
closer shot of a section of the Kremlin wall
church
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 10:23:59 PM by banzai »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #165 on: March 11, 2006, 10:39:44 PM »
I'm here Gman  :waves: , just reading through your post and looking for some pictures of the places you posted  :-*

on lookers cheer for Tyler

banzai ,I tried like heck to decipher the writing on that building , it made no sense  :lol:
F or Cot v or y nhna
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 10:54:42 PM by puddin »

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #166 on: March 11, 2006, 10:46:13 PM »
just to add some humor to this thread, during the second half of ucla-cal game the announcer did the promo for tar this week and got a nice convo about moscow and st. petersburg

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #167 on: March 11, 2006, 11:04:01 PM »
lol, I tried the Russian alphabet and it doesn't work either
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Alphabet

edit:
here's the banner on the window of the same building
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 11:09:51 PM by banzai »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #168 on: March 11, 2006, 11:05:14 PM »
 :lol: I even tried flipping it banzai  :lol3:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #169 on: March 11, 2006, 11:24:12 PM »
(:;)
<< looks like the same spelling ? it's the Budapest hotel /I'm not saying its the Budapest Hotel , I'm saying the spelling is similar .

« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 01:08:30 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #170 on: March 12, 2006, 01:15:28 AM »
just because I spotted these in my travels

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #171 on: March 12, 2006, 09:59:27 AM »
The building in question is Gostiny Dvor, a shopping arcade/trade show & exhibition hall near Red Square.  Chateau got it right the first time, the vidcaps show the path to the pitstop near St. Basils.  The map below shows the building exactly where it should be.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 10:14:54 AM by Boingo »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #172 on: March 12, 2006, 10:40:34 AM »
Yipee!!!!!!!!!! Thank you !!!!!!!!  :jumpy:

some old webclues TAR8 here , you could see what I mean about the webteasers ( not press release ) going in order , but theres always that possability that #3 happens before #2 if the teams doing #3 are ahead of the team descibed in #2 .

3)Frustration mounts when teams have difficulty searching for a clue buried inside thousands of Russian nestling dolls

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #173 on: March 12, 2006, 11:25:43 AM »
The building in question is Gostiny Dvor, a shopping arcade/trade show & exhibition hall near Red Square.  Chateau got it right the first time, the vidcaps show the path to the pitstop near St. Basils.  The map below shows the building exactly where it should be.

Do you its the Danni's car being it was shown right after seeing them in a car?

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #174 on: March 12, 2006, 11:54:31 AM »
I stand corrected!

Went back and found the name on the building and as others have found the crylic translates into Gostinyy dvor which in English is the Old Merchants Chambers but today has shops and holds exhibitions and performances in the covered yard.  The building is fronted by a row of Corinthian columns! (Is this where we see Yolanda and the Beach Boys running?).  The doll exhibition could be held here.  By the way, across the street is the single domed Church of St. Maxim and the Church of St. Barbara the Martyr.  Sorry, guys, but I was looking at the picture I took in front of Russia House and things were reversed. This is also just across the plaza from where we think the clue box and the matt are located.

So it may be that the teams start off by going to the Convent, then to the swim/dive pool and then on to Gostinyy to do the doll thing.  So perhaps the Detour is part of the first stop at the Alaya Adventure Center in Brotas, Brazil.  OR we have an episode with only a Roadblock and no Detour.  I think we lose one team at the doll show just as we have in the past at the hayfield and the archelogical dig in Eqypt.

One shot that still bothers me is that of MO/JO in different clothes (She is in blue with a blue knit hat, he is in a black and orange windbreaker) first in the van (?) and then running in a parking lot toward somewhere.  Could this be from EP4 in Stuttgart?????  TPTB have been adding scenes in advance just as they did for the preview of EP2 by adding scenes from EP3 (the teams running through he colonnade and Lake on the zip line) so it may be that this scene is from EP4. Which would mean that the Beach Boys, MO/JO and the Nerds are safe this week.