Author Topic: EP 4 Title~' Think Like an Office Chair '  (Read 46072 times)

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP 4 Title~' Think Like an Office Chair '
« Reply #125 on: October 15, 2005, 12:04:49 PM »
Opps,  you're right.    |(
Okay, I don't know.  Maybe they like it so much they carry it around for the rest of the the race.

Maybe they're keeping canollis in there! Chateau, I noticed you have "get out there" under your altavar. You wouldn't happen to be a cruise addict are you?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #126 on: October 15, 2005, 12:10:35 PM »
LOL canollis {l{ or it could br MEATBALLS !! Still whats with the briefcase ? why would they keep it in sight and not under the seat ? unless they keep their maps & stuff in it ?
And yeah supsandalee ..Stassi's picture Screams BITCH  :)*

this from EP2 ..dad red shirt

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: October 15, 2005, 12:40:54 PM »
This one's for the sun/shading experts. Here are the Linzs at Talladega. Turn 1 is slightly west of due south. See at http://www.talladegasuperspeedway.com/seating/index.jsp. So what time of day does it look like the Linzs are there?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #128 on: October 15, 2005, 08:40:21 PM »
More Talladega stuff to play with

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #129 on: October 15, 2005, 08:50:56 PM »
When the Paolos get on the circular bike there is at least one other one left that I can see anyway .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #130 on: October 15, 2005, 09:23:12 PM »
from the timeline
Monday, July 11 teams leave for Anniston, AL between 2:30PM and 4:30PM

Good detective work you 2 ..
so teams arrive in Alabama on the 11th ,right  *(^  ?
Anniston, Alabama
on Monday, July 11, 2005

Start address: Huntsville, AL
End address: Anniston, AL
Distance: 102 mi (about 2 hours 39 mins)

Start address: Anniston, AL
End address: Talladega, AL
Distance: 25.3 mi (about 44 mins)

[ thanks Krazi ]

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #131 on: October 15, 2005, 11:04:38 PM »
Puddin, this is what we've got on the timeline

Tues July 12, Buses arrive in Huntsville 12 to 2 am, teams start tasks at USSRC 1 to 3 am, teams finish tasks Leg 3 ends, 2 to 4 am, 12 hour pit stop.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leg 4 starts 2 to 4 pm, teams drive to Anniston, Talladega AL. evening storms confirmed by Weather Underground (Kraziladi), Suspected campout or use of trailers overnight

Suspandalee, The 'get out there' jingled  to mind as I picked the photo in the avitar.  I love to travel but don't get to do it enough.  The picture is the view from a place I stayed a few summers ago.  Anybody  know it?  :nods:

I'll take a crack at the racetrack shadows but my computer is really slow tonight.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #132 on: October 15, 2005, 11:22:16 PM »
Starting with this:  Teams see this sign on the way in so I 'm going to use the North Tunnel as the location where the linzs emerge from the tunnel.

Here is the map of the race track.

I circled where I think this is in the Global Ex shot.

Sun Earth Moon Applet comes up with 5:30 pm.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 12:10:02 AM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: October 15, 2005, 11:36:43 PM »
Start address: Huntsville, AL
End address: Anniston, AL
Distance: 102 mi (about 2 hours 39 mins)

Start address: Anniston, AL
End address: Talladega, AL
Distance: 25.3 mi (about 44 mins)
[ thanks Krazi ]

Boy these times can't be right. By my poor math estimates this has the teams driving about 40 mph from Huntsville to Anniston. It is a race afterall!! I'd probably make that drive in 1 1/2 hours without being in a race. Anniston to the Motorsports Hall of Fame shouldn't take more than 20-30 minutes. It's right off I-20 and not all the way down to Talladega. Besides, sunset was 7:55 p.m. and these times would have the Weavers, Gaghans and Paolos not arriving to the track until 7:30 p.m.

On another note, how the heck do the two sets of teams who are at least 2 hours apart get equilized before getting to Madisonville? At first I thought maybe they drove there the same night but had to wait for the park to open the next morning.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #134 on: October 15, 2005, 11:40:15 PM »
Your picture looks famaliar Chateau ..but like you my PC is slow tonight ( IE problems ?) or else I'd search for it   :cheeky: . Like you I love to travel but not as much as I want ..therefore my love of the Amazing Race and traveling through the Racers eyes  {| . Your from Calif . right Chateau ? Your so lucky !! Our next trip isn't for awhile but were leaning towards Las Vegas but now that I see Wyoming Im thinking ohhhhhhh its So Beautiful!! Love those mountains !!
and thanks for correcting me on the time-line .. obviously I was confused   8-)'

Just to add , in the Pink lady pic at the track the ground is still wet .. don't know if it matters  but it could be raining at one end of the track and the sun can be shining at the other end  . This happens at pocono, a 2.5 mile track, all the time .

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: October 16, 2005, 12:16:19 AM »
I'm from SoCal as well, so I'm not the best judge of this, but I've got to think the threat of lightning was a factor in the schedule. The skies in the vidcaps look dark, and the bicycles and office chair are both big piles of metal; the producers might have juggled the schedule to keep the racers out of danger.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #136 on: October 16, 2005, 12:30:09 AM »
According to Weather Underground (in nearby Anniston) there were thunderstorms and about an inch of rain earlier in the day.

So when did those Paolos get there?    *(^

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #137 on: October 16, 2005, 12:50:08 AM »
Do the Paolo's get to the track first  |#' , ? ..I have to confess they are growing on me and i'm not ready for them to leave yet  *8/

July 12, 2005 - Anniston, Alabama

Sunrise to 12:04 - Mostly Cloudy or Overcast
12:35 to 2:19 - Thunderstorms  (This is the horrible looking storm in the background of the Paolo's pic #26)
2:19 to 2:53 - Light Rain
3:53 to Sunset - Clear

Paolo's (Pic's #26, #63, #66) are starting their task as the storm is coming in 12:00 -1:00ish?

Linz's (Pic #57) - it has already rained and is clear - so we know it is between 4:00 and 8:00.  Narrowing down, probably between 5:00 and 6:00.

Schroeder's ? (Pic #57) - The shadows look longer than the Linz's and are quite long, so after 6:00, maybe closer to 7:00.

Since I am new at this, I am more than glad for anyone to add, delete or fix anything here. 

Off to look at more.........

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #138 on: October 16, 2005, 01:43:05 AM »
Paolos

Bransens

Linzes

Weavers

Gaghans

Godlewskis
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 01:46:12 AM by puddin »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #139 on: October 16, 2005, 09:24:03 AM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/earlyshow/main500202.shtml

did anyone post this yet?

Saturday, 10/15: Women-only travel | Preventing kids from getting the flu
Monday, 10/17: Breast Cancer Awareness and Prevention | Susan Sarandon
Tuesday, 10/18: Financial Advice | Must-have fashions for fall
Wednesday, 10/19: Energy Saving Tips | Latest "Amazing Race 8" castoffs   :yaya:
Thursday, 10/20: Faith Hill Performs | Actress Charlize Theron
Friday, 10/21: Woody Harrelson| "Survivor" castoff, secret scene

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #140 on: October 16, 2005, 10:20:06 AM »
Trying to get some things in order before we try to complete Puzzle No. 4.

Teams arrive in Huntsville in two groups, two hours apart.  Looks like no great difference in the four teams completing the three tasks: Find the centrifuge; ride the centrifuge; fiind the computer; get thee to the pit stop.  The difference between teams is the time spent on the centrifuge - the greatest bunch point of all bunch points.  So the first group arriving at 12Midnight includes Bransen, Linz, Schroeder and Godlewski families. At the most give them 2 hours to do this so they arrive at the pit stop in that order by 2AM.

Second group, Weaver, Paolo, Gaghand and Aiello families arrive at 2:00AM and complete tasks by 4:00AM (Aiellos eliminated)

Therefore the first groups leave the pit stop starting at 2:00PM and drive to Anniston (1.5 to 2 hours) and then on to Talledega Museum and Speedway (.5 hour). So they should be completing their tasks there between 4:30 and 5:00PM

Second groups leave the pit stop ending at 4:00PM (times of departures between 2:00PM and 4:00PM given by spoiler from Huntsville). So following the same pattern as the first group they should be completing their tasks by 7:00PM.

Now do the shadows, rain, thunderstorm times fit the above scheme? Of course, we know that at least one team is going to get lost and be later than anticipated.

If all the teams get to the overnight campout, they would be leaving for Fairview Riverside Park between 5 and 7AM which would bring them there (again assuming that they can read maps correctly which may be too much to ask these blockheads) between 10 and 11AM.

Looking ahead to the afternoon of July 14 in New Orleans.  Roadblock time?  And time once again  for the God-awful, terrible food challenge?  TAR5 - Leg 4 St.Petersburg Caviar; TAR6 -Leg 6 Budapest Spicey Soup; TAR7 - Leg 3 Mendoza Charascariea Meat Challenge.

New Orleans is well known for its marvelous food: Jumbalia; Gumbo; Oysters Rockefeller; not to mention Bananas Foster!

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #141 on: October 16, 2005, 10:49:23 AM »
If all the teams get to the overnight campout, they would be leaving for Fairview Riverside Park between 5 and 7AM

Looking ahead to the afternoon of July 14 in New Orleans.  Roadblock time?  And time once again  for the God-awful, terrible food challenge?  TAR5 - Leg 4 St.Petersburg Caviar; TAR6 -Leg 6 Budapest Spicy Soup; TAR7 - Leg 3 Mendoza Charascariea Meat Challenge. New Orleans is well known for its marvelous food: Jumbalia; Gumbo; Oysters Rockefeller; not to mention Bananas Foster!

The only thing that doesn't compute in the timeline is that the Weavers are in the second group and should be 2 hours behind the first. At Fairview-Riverside State Park the Weaver kid is getting to the changing tent as the Bransens are leaving. Did the producers somehow equalize the groups reducing the 2 hour difference?

Ah, a food challenge in New Orleans. The only food that I would think would be questionable to eat would be raw oysters. I'm from the area and won't touch them. Maybe they'll go to the famous Acme Oyster House for an eating challenge. Then again they might save the food challenge for a more exotic location in central America and have them eat something really hot.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: October 16, 2005, 03:00:37 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #143 on: October 16, 2005, 03:12:14 PM »
What time was that banzai ? I've been recording CBS  {l{

thanksa banzai .. yours are better than mine
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 03:41:43 PM by puddin »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: October 16, 2005, 03:28:46 PM »
before 1 PM on the West Coast; so I guess you have to rewind 3 hours back.
I saw the pip and then I posted right away.

edit:

30. this is what they wear on the 2nd day.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 03:35:11 PM by banzai »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #145 on: October 16, 2005, 03:44:47 PM »
and the one girl was wearing a  green tank top the first day in Anniston so maybe they are running towards the racetrack? I can barely make out a fence behind them

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #146 on: October 16, 2005, 03:50:28 PM »
you gave me an idea banzai
the Sisters drive over the causeway to NO ..

Wheres the bandanas?

At Talladega

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #147 on: October 16, 2005, 05:30:36 PM »
First things first:

The CBS Sunday Morning program today DID NOT mention that they would have the next booted family on the progam on Wednesday; only the next survivor boots (2) on Friday.  In the past, whenever there is a eliminated family from TAR it is promoed on the Sunday Mornin Program.  So the listing from Wednesday posted above may only be the usual speculation of what usually happens but MAY NOT happen this week.  Leg 4 is early for a NEL but this TAR is full of surprises!!

NOW SOME UPDATES ON THE TIME LINE.

Based on what I saw on the two TAR commercials on CBS today I would like to speculate on the following (please, ya'll pick it all apart)

1.  The Bransens and the Linz are in the first group to leave the Huntsville pitstop (Huntsville Marriotte Hotel) probably around 2:00 or 2:30PM. I think that they are only as far apart as the time it took to reach 3.2Gs in the Centrifuge. 

2.  They get to Anniston and then on to Talledega about the same time (both teams read maps well and drive as fast as they can)

3.  Both teams are seen on the Talledega Speedway in the bicycle-thing at about the same time. Sun is out, track is dry, and shadows are fairly long so it is getting late in the afternoon.

4.  At the completion of the circuit around the track (2.4 miles) they receive a clue which directs them to some sort of campgrounds, trailer park, or whatever between Talledega and Fairview Riverside Park.  This spot could be down route Interstate 65 which leads to Interstate 10 which takes you right to Mandeville and the Park. Upon arrival they have pick of trailer and each trailer has a departure time for the next morning associated with it. Perhaps three are departure times each 30 minutes apart.  This has been done previously on many TARs. This accounts for the bunching of the teams so that the Weavers and Gaghans could only be one hour behind the next morning at the most.

5.  After the Talledega Speedway gig, we have a very nice sequence (looks very much like an Interstate from the signage seen through the Linz car window.) in which one of the Bransen girls (green tank top) is shown mooning the Linz boys. Later we see the Linz girl laughing about it and it is now dark at night.  Then we have scene of both the Linz boys and Papa Bransen and one of the girls with white tank top (not the mooner) laughing it up in front of the trailers. Now looks quite late at night. So it looks like these two teams are cruising down toward the overnight together as they have been ever since leaving Huntsville.

6. This bunching at the overnight stop (not a pit stop) accounts for a shorter drive in the morning (perhaps 3 or 4 hours instead of 6 or 7) and accounts for all seven teams coming to the Riverside Park in the same time frame.

7.  Finally, the Schroeders are still missing.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #148 on: October 16, 2005, 07:02:24 PM »
3. the Schroeders wear on the 1st day
24. 2nd day?
106. look like a trailer or mobile home @ night

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #149 on: October 16, 2005, 07:18:55 PM »
The weather underground site says there is clouds and rain again (in Anniston) at 8:53 pm (sun set at about 8:00 pm).  So the storm when Paolos are there should be this later one.

Another possible sorting mechanism could be the teams performance times on the lap of the race track.  Fastest time gets the earliest departure from the trailers.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 12:10:37 AM by Chateau d If »