Author Topic: TAR Australia 6: Kathy & Chance (Lawyer Cousins)  (Read 499 times)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
TAR Australia 6: Kathy & Chance (Lawyer Cousins)
« on: August 21, 2022, 07:30:00 PM »
Kathy & Chance
Lawyer Cousins, NSW

Kathy and Chace are both lawyers in it to win it. The two are cousins of Vietnamese heritage and describe themselves as young Asian Australians pushing boundaries. They grew up together and are very close, literally in the same household at one point. They have 250 relatives – 40 of which are first cousins. Both their parents escaped war-torn Vietnam as refugees. Together they have travelled through Europe and Vietnam, and are excited for their next adventure.

Extremely intelligent having both studied double degrees, the pair are strong willed, assertive, and often clash, which is something they’re working on. They will do anything to win, as long as it’s legal!

GET TO KNOW KATHY
Why do you want to be on The Amazing Race Australia?
To make our families and our communities proud and to empower those who relate to us to put themselves out there and seize life’s opportunities. We’re representing minority communities, Vietnamese, refugees, LGBTQIA+ and the Asian community.

If you could describe yourself in five words, what would they be?
Competitive, considerate, cheerful, guarded and ambitious.

GET TO KNOW CHANCE
What do you think will be your biggest advantage or strength in The Race?
My linguistic skills and my natural propensity to connect with people. I speak five languages, in varying degrees of proficiency - English, Vietnamese, French, Italian and Spanish.

Do you have any hobbies or interests?
I play as part of the Bentstix Hockey Club (LGBTQIA+ Sydney Hockey Club), and I love to dance salsa, bachata. I do language activities including language nights in Sydney where people all over meet up to practice their foreign languages.