Author Topic: TAR 33 Spoilers postmortem  (Read 2525 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 33 Spoilers postmortem
« on: January 05, 2022, 09:18:47 PM »
EP 1!

So  TAR detectives...how did we do?

What did we get right and where if anywhere did we go astray??

What could we have done differently or better?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 33 Spoilers postmortem
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 09:36:54 PM »
I am still baffled by Connie & Sam finishing in 7th place, and Arun & Natalia in 9th place. I sat outside that front entrance and swear I saw Arun & Natalia, followed by Connie & Sam (and no sight of Taylor & Isaiah in between) run through the gates and check-in. Then a gap, before Lulu & Lala and Michael & Moe. Thus why I said they were 8. Arun & Natalia, 9. Connie & Sam, 10. Lulu & Lala, 11. Michael & Moe.

So I got that wrong. Also saddened that I missed the teams that next day Peach. I actually heard the man at the darts detour the night before at the Leg 1 art detour saying to someone on the phone to a friend about darts. I actually even think, in hindsight, that I heard Fight Club. So I am gutted there. I assumed the pitstart would be at the Museum again when I returned the following morning, but it was actually in the back gardens/lane behind St Mary Abbots Church, just off High Street Kensington. I assume the hotel they stayed at (just up the road) was used after Leg 1, and they were released by prod. only 12 hours later, the morning following. So while I was walking around the History Museum, they were being released a few miles away and catching cabs! They then completed the leg that same morning/early afternoon in 3-4 hours, and then all 10 teams were bunched up for a night train up to Glasgow for Leg 3, where I caught them again at the hotel accomodation, and at the station where they left London.

Amazing experience! And I do make a little appearance! They were right when they said TV adds 10-20 pounds to you  :groan: :lol:

Also two little add ons - notice they didn't include the pitstop race between Raquel & Cayla and Ryan & Dusty as per commercials. It looked close!
And - Lulu & Lala must have tried darts first and switched...because they can be seen in press photos (never aired anything though) at Flight Club! So must have failed and given up pretty quickly!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 09:40:52 PM by Kiwi Jay »
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 09:58:27 PM »
We clearly missed the KOR aspect of the leg 2 check-in, though it was also an NEL. The time difference may have been longer, or more likely shorter than the hypothetical 12 hours. We did have the departure time stamps for starting leg 2 on screen, so with a nighttime leg followed by a daylight leg, the rest period clearly wasn’t much. And knowledge of the KOR may give up the actual transportation options and times from London to Glasgow. We can also see from the preview for leg 3 that the teams were all together with Phil in daylight when he announced the production suspension.
-- theschnauzers

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2022, 01:51:40 PM »
I am still baffled by Connie & Sam finishing in 7th place, and Arun & Natalia in 9th place. I sat outside that front entrance and swear I saw Arun & Natalia, followed by Connie & Sam (and no sight of Taylor & Isaiah in between) run through the gates and check-in. Then a gap, before Lulu & Lala and Michael & Moe. Thus why I said they were 8. Arun & Natalia, 9. Connie & Sam, 10. Lulu & Lala, 11. Michael & Moe.

Maybe that is what happened, but Connie and Sam got a time advantage for something that broke (or whatever) I think it happens sometime?  (Peach would know better than me if this was possible)

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2022, 02:21:12 AM »

Maybe that is what happened, but Connie and Sam got a time advantage for something that broke (or whatever) I think it happens sometime?  (Peach would know better than me if this was possible)

I think they probably did have a time credit or something. If you watch their Secret Scene mat chat on YouTube, they are very emotional and Phil says they're at the back of the pack, but then it cuts before he says their actual placement. And I don't think 7th is that much of a back of the pack?

Also I saw someone else say this but apparently the Digiben DJ had a digital clock attached to him and I saw people noticing that Connie & Sam were shown in the edited show getting their clue before other teams, but the digital clock was showing a later time than the other teams. So maybe someone can go back and confirm.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2022, 09:28:19 AM »
We clearly missed the KOR aspect of the leg 2 check-in, though it was also an NEL. The time difference may have been longer, or more likely shorter than the hypothetical 12 hours. We did have the departure time stamps for starting leg 2 on screen, so with a nighttime leg followed by a daylight leg, the rest period clearly wasn’t much. And knowledge of the KOR may give up the actual transportation options and times from London to Glasgow. We can also see from the preview for leg 3 that the teams were all together with Phil in daylight when he announced the production suspension.

In their youtube recap Kim confirmed they raced "three legs in 2 1/2 days" plus iirc you can see Phil doing the standups for leg 2 wearing the same clothes as the previous leg. Definitely a faster pace than usual.

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2022, 04:27:08 PM »
Okay yeah I'm pretty sure Connie/Sam had a time credit or something. According to their leg 2 departures, they left the Pit Start in 7th place at 8:30am and then Taylor/Isaiah left the Pit Start 2-minutes later at 8:32am. But there's no way Taylor/Isaiah showed up to the Pit Stop and checked-in two minutes after Connie/Sam did in leg 1, because we see Connie/Sam's Pit Stop mat chat and it's longer than 2-minutes, plus we see Taylor/Isaiah's mat chat too and Connie/Sam are nowhere near.

So no way they actually checked in within 2 minutes somehow. They definitely got a time credit somewhere. I'm curious how/where/why.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2022, 02:05:35 AM »
Matches up with Kiwi Jay's report for a 12h Pit Stop at the end of Leg 1:
Connie/Sam: Checked in 9:06pm, checked out 8:30am with ~36min time credit
Arun/Natalya: Checked in 8:52pm, checked out 8:45am
Marianela/Marissa: Checked in 9:37pm, checked out 9:37am

Offline SpartanOne

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2022, 12:49:23 PM »
Connie and Sam confirm that they did get a time credit: https://youtu.be/gYcOCpi123w?t=4740

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2022, 01:28:33 AM »
Connie and Sam confirm that they did get a time credit: https://youtu.be/gYcOCpi123w?t=4740

Wow that's crazy that the police almost got involved! Wish we got to see this go down in the episode, but good to get official confirmation.