Author Topic: TAR 33 (2nd Try!) Bitch, Moan, and Squeal HERE! (Spoilers)  (Read 20894 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: TAR 33 (2nd Try!) Bitch, Moan, and Squeal HERE! (Spoilers)
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2021, 01:03:07 PM »
You’ll be getting a chance to reconstruct the season the old fashioned way before the era of live spoilers. What was old will be new again!
-- theschnauzers

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2021, 05:58:59 PM »
It is hard to imagine that we are having an almost unspoiled season since we have been popular and having detectives in almost every single part of the world  :woohoo:

It is going to be exciting during the watch 

Online ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2021, 01:36:23 AM »
If that is the finish line, then that’s a hilarious downgrade from last season’s finish line lol

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2021, 01:40:50 AM »
If that is the finish line, then that’s a hilarious downgrade from last season’s finish line lol

It's like a dollar store version of the last finish line :funny: :funny:
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2021, 02:24:08 AM »

It's like a dollar store version of the last finish line :funny: :funny:

Please don't offend dollar stores. :funny:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2021, 04:13:05 PM »
It's TAR-season-that-shall-not-be-named, but reversed. :-[

But hey, it's an official MLS stadium, not a complete sham.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2021, 04:22:33 PM »
And there we have it, the final leg! This would've been the perfect excuse to fall somewhere completely off the grid instead of Los Angeles County for the...

Hopefully, they crafted up ideas that continue to make L.A. feel fresh, open up our impressions and misconceptions about the area, but I'm not enthusiastic about the finale route in particular.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Online ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2021, 03:38:25 AM »
I wish this cast had less people who’ve been on talk shows  :groan:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2021, 04:22:12 AM »
It's obviously different from Survivor and Big Brother since TAR is primarily ability, skill, and luck, rather than outsmarting your competition, but I'm certainly not looking forward to the optics of a Europe-only race where almost every single POC in this diverse cast is likely eliminated by the finale.

Also not too high on this cast either. A majority of them are people you could hear about while watching random Daytime TV reruns. Now I'm not someone who will knock on the show for recruiting people. Just look at TAR32. Three of the best teams of the season (IMO) who were not in the alliance were all recruits (Michelle & Victoria, Kaylynn & Haley, DeAngelo & Gary). TAR29 was a very recruit heavy season and that season still absolutely ruled.

But TAR33's cast almost feels like TAR28-lite, and the weird four Starting Line Airports at the start of the season did not help quiet that comparison. It also doesn't help that the one stuntcast I actually knew and was excited to watch on this season most certainly did not return to the 2021 restart, as they had already broken up.

I hate to sound like the rabid "cast REAL PEOPLE" crowd on Facebook that are also busy spouting awful rhetoric about "KEEP YOUR POLITICS OUT OF MY REALITY TV", but just by looking at our cast the two teams I get the most good vibes from (that go far) are not any of the stuntcasts. It is Raquel & Cayla and Arun & Natalia, two teams who don't appear to have any claim to fame this season. Really hoping the rest can provide good TV and all this complaining is a moot point.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited TAR will be back, and it's obviously no small feat that the show can now officially add "survived a global pandemic" to its rocky and exciting journey on the air. I am also very excited to have a season where we don't know a majority of what happens. I just wish we had a better route and am hoping that this season is still fun in spite of my concerns. Really hoping that the 33 resumption was just a pilot run for a post-COVID TAR and I'm certainly hoping 34 will be better.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 04:42:21 AM by gamerfan09 »

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2021, 04:40:26 AM »
where every single POC in this diverse cast is likely eliminated by the finale.

Three of the best teams of the season (IMO) who were not in the alliance were all recruits (Michelle & Victoria, Kaylynn & Haley, DeAngelo & Gary).

Isn't Raquel latina?

Both FF teams mentioned were regular people who just happened to be recruited, imo. They are not typical gimmick recruits like singing cops or YouTube parents.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2021, 04:42:53 AM »
where every single POC in this diverse cast is likely eliminated by the finale.

Three of the best teams of the season (IMO) who were not in the alliance were all recruits (Michelle & Victoria, Kaylynn & Haley, DeAngelo & Gary).

Isn't Raquel latina?

Both FF teams mentioned were regular people who just happened to be recruited, imo. They are not typical gimmick recruits like singing cops or YouTube parents.

Oops! Typoed and meant "almost".

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2021, 04:59:02 AM »

Also not too high on this cast either. A majority of them are people you could hear about while watching random Daytime TV reruns. Now I'm not someone who will knock on the show for recruiting people. Just look at TAR32. Three of the best teams of the season (IMO) who were not in the alliance were all recruits (Michelle & Victoria, Kaylynn & Haley, DeAngelo & Gary). TAR29 was a very recruit heavy season and that season still absolutely ruled.

DeAngelo & Gary were in on the Mine-Five Alliance. Too bad they didn't realize that TAR had a final three not four.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2021, 06:54:13 AM »

DeAngelo & Gary were in on the Mine-Five Alliance. Too bad they didn't realize that TAR had a final three not four.

TAR 32, had great recruits especially all the F/F Teams which were the best and entertaining that season.
Michelle & Victoria, Kaylynn & Haley and Kellie & LaVonne, the latter lasted (2) Legs but were memorable to me.

I wondering who applied in S.33 and who got recruited.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2021, 04:30:57 AM »
honestly at this point im just glad and grateful that TAR is back filming. i didnt mind the european centric at all since europe indeed a safer continent to visit. worst scenario if they indeed continued to film is TAR 8 route so im just glad they are patient enough to wait so they can get outside of america safely.
what might have been

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: November 10, 2021, 10:29:11 AM »
PREMIERES JANUARY 5! :D

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2021, 10:36:46 AM »
PREMIERES JANUARY 5! :D

2 HOUR PREMIERE
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Online ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2021, 11:00:56 AM »
I’m guessing it’s the first two legs

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2021, 11:40:36 AM »
Exciting news! Can't wait.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #93 on: November 10, 2021, 11:45:17 AM »
I’m guessing it’s the first two legs

And/Or possibly some discussion of what happened and why the delay? Somewhere that'll be addressed I would think. Perhaps at end of ep 2??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #94 on: November 10, 2021, 03:38:06 PM »
I’m quite curious to see how the production suspension is handled in the final produced product, as well aAs the structural changes production had to make. Definitely going to be a unique season for broadcast.
-- theschnauzers

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #95 on: November 10, 2021, 10:57:22 PM »
Definitely thinking the 2-hour premiere is just legs 1 + 2 aired back-to-back. The leg in London seems far too short to warrant stretching over 2-hours. Now maybe if the TAR32 premiere was 2-hours, I could see the leg 1 Trinidad & Tobago leg fitting that since that leg had so much going on in it + it had a mid-leg Overnight Rest, but definitely not for TAR33. If anything, this makes me think that the premiere will end on a cliffhanger of the production shutdown at the very end of the episode.

Also, the last time TAR aired in January opposite the Olympics was season 30 back in 2018, so I assume that this season will have a very similar schedule to that one. If anyone remembers, TAR30 aired 12 legs in just 8 weeks. They doubled up 2-hours a night four times to burn through the season quickly for Survivor to start, so I think that will happen again here. Survivor 42 is set to premiere March 9 so I think the TAR33 finale will be one week earlier on March 2. So this season will air over 9 weeks if that's the case, just one week longer than TAR30.

Personally I'm not a big fan of CBS doubling up the episodes, I like to enjoy each episode as it's own standalone leg, but I guess if they want to burn the season off before Survivor, starting off with doubling the premiere (which only happened once back in TAR15) is what they're gonna do. The only other thing I wonder is how many legs were shot this season, if it's still the usual 12, or if it was less. If it was less then there will be less double episodes than TAR30 for sure.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2021, 01:36:33 AM »
Keep in mind TAR33’s time slot is 9PM eastern not Survivor’s 8pm time slot.
CBS is doing a lot of burn off programming in the 8pm time slot before and during the Beijing Winter Olympics in February, such as Price Is Right Primetime and Celebrity Big Brother so don’t expect a lot of ratings help with the lead ins. There are nine Wednesdays from the beginning of January until Survivor premieres in March, so I suspect two hours for the premiere, two hours for the finale, and one other two hour block (for a total of 12 episodes). Possible that could be the second week to address the changes due to the pandemic and the production suspension and any cast issues. But that’s just speculation on my part. I can’t imagine them ignoring the reality of the changes that were necessary to complete filming the season.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: November 13, 2021, 03:06:36 AM »
I figured it was gonna be a Eurocentric route, but it's better than nothing, at least they didn't get desperate enough to churn something out to settle on a home country route.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 03:18:21 AM by Maanca »

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2021, 08:05:01 PM »
So we're ringing in the New Year right. :yes:
Cannot wait to live update for this long-anticipated special season! :cheer:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2021, 06:10:29 PM »
So we're ringing in the New Year right. :yes:
Cannot wait to live update for this long-anticipated special season! :cheer:

And we bless you for doing it! Can't wait either! :2hearts: :luvya: :2hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.