Author Topic: The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Final Round Design Show on Page 50!  (Read 88296 times)

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
Re: The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Round 6 Design Show on Page 44!
« Reply #1150 on: October 23, 2020, 01:46:11 PM »
The scores are in. But I need to sleep now, so expect the Results Show coming within 12 hours from now.

I'm sorry for the delay.
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1151 on: October 23, 2020, 02:13:38 PM »
Jobby, thank you for the comments!

The Convento Capuchinas is no longer a functioning convent, so it would be a re-enactment. I feel it's culturally appropriate.

I'm sorry you didn't find any of my tasks in Sri Lanka to stand out :( Teams don't visit both Adam's Peak and Little Adam's Peak; they view the former from an observation tower and then take a train to Ella.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Nuku

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1152 on: October 23, 2020, 05:44:13 PM »
Well Jobby ik your scores are in but i feel i need to back this up.

the beach task is far from just making beach furniture! its about transforming a part of historical australian and oceanian culture into a new important part of beach culture! plus now there will be 11 new beach volleyball nets for locals to use!!

the starting line isn't about being culturally relevant or having meaning behind them! i wanted some cool and fun and hard tasks for teams to start the race with! right through the gate they are put to the test and we have the mental component of guessing the country!! side note kinda does make since like we hit lots of uses for ski resorts besides skiing! so many mud obstacle courses like that are held at resorts, most resorts are also used for biking, and tubing can be done at most in winter and summer!!! think you should have actually read the details cause while it may not cause a big placement shift (it can) it is key!! cause some teams will end up with a big disadvantage at the first roadblock!!!

Same for georgia leg!!

i showcased some fun parts of culture and i dont feel u appreciated it or put a whole lot of effort into thinking about my leg.

ik you are the judge and its all about your opinion, but based on your comments it feels like you skimmed through my leg and didnt think about some of the key aspects, which will affect the score!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1153 on: October 23, 2020, 11:06:29 PM »
Jobby, thank you for the comments!

The Convento Capuchinas is no longer a functioning convent, so it would be a re-enactment. I feel it's culturally appropriate.

I'm sorry you didn't find any of my tasks in Sri Lanka to stand out :( Teams don't visit both Adam's Peak and Little Adam's Peak; they view the former from an observation tower and then take a train to Ella.

Don't worry, both things you mentioned about did not affect the score, sorry about the mistake. :) I actually did give you a good score for the leg! :)

It wasn't about the part being a convent and it's no longer functioning. It's about the whole re-enactment of things to do being a nun. How different is this from asking teams to visit a temple and re-enacting what worshippers will do in a temple?

I actually liked your tasks in Sri Lanka, both the Roadblock and the Detour - but just didn't feel so much about the cultural relevance especially from the first part of the leg.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 11:19:02 PM by Jobby »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1154 on: October 23, 2020, 11:12:29 PM »
Well Jobby ik your scores are in but i feel i need to back this up.

the beach task is far from just making beach furniture! its about transforming a part of historical australian and oceanian culture into a new important part of beach culture! plus now there will be 11 new beach volleyball nets for locals to use!!

the starting line isn't about being culturally relevant or having meaning behind them! i wanted some cool and fun and hard tasks for teams to start the race with! right through the gate they are put to the test and we have the mental component of guessing the country!! side note kinda does make since like we hit lots of uses for ski resorts besides skiing! so many mud obstacle courses like that are held at resorts, most resorts are also used for biking, and tubing can be done at most in winter and summer!!! think you should have actually read the details cause while it may not cause a big placement shift (it can) it is key!! cause some teams will end up with a big disadvantage at the first roadblock!!!

Same for georgia leg!!

i showcased some fun parts of culture and i dont feel u appreciated it or put a whole lot of effort into thinking about my leg.

ik you are the judge and its all about your opinion, but based on your comments it feels like you skimmed through my leg and didnt think about some of the key aspects, which will affect the score!!

I definitely didn't skim through your leg. I just didn't type as much as you hoped for because it wasn't a stand out, nor neither was it problematic.

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
Re: The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Round 6 Results Show on Page 47!
« Reply #1155 on: October 23, 2020, 11:43:08 PM »

DAY #98:
SITE: COMANDANTE FERRAZ ANTARCTIC STATION, ANTARCTICA
TIME: 11.00 AM

Phil Keoghan: Designers, the results are in! All four judges have submitted their scores, which means it's time for the Results Show. Also, I want to thank Jobby for guest judging this round.

After this Results Show ends, we will finally have our finalists of The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII!

Once again, I would like for no interruptions until the Results Show has finished.

So, let's begin the Results Show!

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #1156 on: October 23, 2020, 11:44:22 PM »

Phil Keoghan: The first Designer going to the final is...

1st Place
(44.75)

:cheer: :cheer: Congratulations betheactress, you're one of the finalists of The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII! :cheer: :cheer:

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #1157 on: October 23, 2020, 11:44:46 PM »

Phil Keoghan: The second Designer going to the final is...

2nd Place
(44.125)

:cheer: :cheer: Congratulations Bookworm, you're one of the finalists of The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII! :cheer: :cheer:

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #1158 on: October 23, 2020, 11:45:11 PM »

Phil Keoghan: Our third Designer going to the final is...

3rd Place
(36.625)

:cheer: :cheer: Congratulations nrh2110, you're one of the finalists of The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII! :cheer: :cheer:

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #1159 on: October 23, 2020, 11:46:00 PM »

Phil Keoghan: Lemontail, MikeDodgers, and Nuku, please step forward...

The three of you have the determination and creativity to reach this far in the competition, and you have shown us many incredible legs along the course of this Design Challenge. The judges think that while your legs were great, and you guys have tried to create your best legs in this round, the other three designers impressed them more than you did. So I want all three of you to be proud of yourself that you can reach this far in the Design Challenge.

However...

In this season of Design Challenge, we decided to make another twist.

Instead of Final 3, we will have a Final 4 for this season!!

So one of you will become the fourth finalist, while the other two will be eliminated.

Without further ado, the Designer who make it into the Final 4 is...

4th Place
(36.5)

:cheer: :cheer: Congratulations Nuku, you're one of the four finalists of The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII! :cheer: :cheer:

Which means...

5th Place
(36.25)

6th Place
(24.375)

Lemontail and MikeDodgers, I'm really sorry to tell you that this is the end of your journey for this season of Design Challenge. I really want both of you to be really proud of yourself and I hope you will participate again in the future!

:luvya: I wish both of you the best of luck and in your future endeavors. :luvya:

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #1160 on: October 23, 2020, 11:46:33 PM »

Phil Keoghan: And now we have our Final 4 for this season of Design Challenge!

Finalists, a huge congratulations for making it this far!

You've endured all the previous Rounds by designing your best legs, and I hope simply the best of you in the Final Round.

The Final Round will be posted in around 12 hours from now. All of you will be flown into the place where I call it home, where we will start the Final Round of The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII!

Good luck, Finalists!

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #1161 on: October 23, 2020, 11:48:12 PM »
Leaderboard

Scoring Breakdown

Poll Results

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #1162 on: October 23, 2020, 11:49:12 PM »
You now may reply.

Offline MikeDodgers

• RFF Jr. Member
  • PHINBELLA POWER!
« Reply #1163 on: October 24, 2020, 12:32:57 AM »
All I can say is that I tried my best, but I don't think my legs for this round would've been good enough even if I did put in the details required. Good luck to the final 4 and as to that finale leg I had planned...you might just see it in my voting game...
"When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home....."

-Theme song from 'Full House' (1987-1995)

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #1164 on: October 24, 2020, 12:52:55 AM »
All I can say is that I tried my best, but I don't think my legs for this round would've been good enough even if I did put in the details required. Good luck to the final 4 and as to that finale leg I had planned...you might just see it in my voting game...

Heads up pal, this is your best season so far

Also congrats for the final four, you guys deserve the spots  :cheer:
what might have been

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1165 on: October 24, 2020, 06:35:55 AM »
Congrats to Betheactress for another win! And congrats to nrh and Nuku for reaching finale, too  :cheer: :cheer:

Big thanks to Kami for the 50!!  :luvya: Thanks to all the judges for permitting me to make it to the finales!

Lemontail, Mike, I'm sorry to see you go :(
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
Re: The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Final Round Starts on Page 47!
« Reply #1166 on: October 24, 2020, 12:44:18 PM »

DAY #100:
SITE: CHRIST'S COLLEGE, CHRISTCHURCH, NEW ZEALAND
TIME: 10:00 AM

Phil Keoghan: Good morning, finalists! We're here today in Christchurch, my hometown, and the host city of the Final Round of The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII. For this finale, we will ask you to present us the best race course that you can make. It's time to go show all of us what you're made of as a designer!

Without further ado, let me announce the theme of this Final Round!

FINAL ROUND:
AROUND THE WORLD

Phil Keoghan: In this Final Round, you have to design an entire race course to prove us that you have what it takes to become the winner of this season of Design Challenge. We don't want to see an average leg in your race course. All of your legs have to be really impressive and perfect!

Along with your full race course, you will have to design a Final Leg once again. But this time, you can design your final leg anywhere in the world! So you can start and finish your race course anywhere in the world. We will give you all the freedom to create a leg anywhere you want.

Let's summarize the details for this Final Round.

* Create a 12-leg race course. You can start and finish anywhere in the world. This must be completed on a wiki page (can be in Wikia/Fandom or Miraheze).
* For your final leg, design the "Fantasy Game" style as well. This final leg MUST include a memory challenge.
* You may include your previous submitted legs from the prior rounds, except what you designed in Round 1. You may tweak aspects of your legs so that your race course flows better.
* One of your legs must be held in Phil Keoghan's top destinations (mentioned here and here). In summary, they are:

Antarctica
Antigua and Barbuda
Bahrain
Bhutan
Coober Pedy, Australia
Costa Rica
Kauai, Hawaii
Namibia
New Chums Beach, Coromandel, New Zealand
Niue Island, South Pacific
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Queenstown, New Zealand
Stromboli, Aeolian Islands, Italy

Note: If the destination listed is a country, you may create a leg anywhere in that country. However, if Phil mentioned a specific location, your leg must highlight that location and include at least one task in that location.
* There are no restrictions on the race elements (Fast Forward, U-Turn, Yield, Hazard, new twist(s), etc.) that you want to include in your race course.
* Include a route map of your race course in the wiki page.
* Dig deep, do a thorough research, and do your best!

You will all have THREE weeks (21 days) from the time this is posted to submit your race course and final leg design.

But here's the catch: in the first 7 days you must PM the three judges your Wiki page along with the draft of your race course; in the next 7 days, your race course must be done; and in the last 7 days, you must have submitted your design for the final leg.

You have to submit your design by sending a PM to the three judges, Kamineko, Pi/, and gamerfan09. You are only allowed to submit once, so really pay attention to the details and proofread your writing first before submitting the leg to us.

The player with the highest score at the end of the judging will be crowned as the winner of The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII!

Best of luck to everyone!

Designers...

YOUR TIME TO DESIGN STARTS...
NOW!

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1167 on: October 24, 2020, 12:53:41 PM »
Congratulations to the finalists!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1168 on: October 24, 2020, 12:56:56 PM »
Good lord...

Offline Pi

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1169 on: October 24, 2020, 12:59:29 PM »
Good luck to our final four! Mike and Lemontail, sad to see you bow out. Both of you should put in a job application to WRP. :)

A note to the finalists: You can send your link along to us as soon as you get started up. Feel welcome to ask the hosts any questions you have about the round.
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline smiley

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1170 on: October 24, 2020, 02:08:46 PM »
Excited to see the final routes!!

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1172 on: October 24, 2020, 09:09:15 PM »
Good luck to the Final 4!
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline betheactress

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1173 on: October 24, 2020, 10:54:43 PM »
Good luck to our final four! Mike and Lemontail, sad to see you bow out. Both of you should put in a job application to WRP. :)

If wrp is watching (doubt it cause this is hidden from spectators) dm me!

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #1174 on: October 24, 2020, 10:58:48 PM »
Hi finalists! :waves:

I just want to state this now before it's too late. For your race course, we really meant it about the "you can start and finish anywhere in the world" part, because we don't want you guys to limit yourself with something that we didn't say that you're not allowed to.

You are allowed to do a different version/franchise of TAR's route, so you're not restricted to do the US-version of TAR. Also, you may design in any country you wish. :tup:

Good luck!