Author Topic: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 582780 times)

Offline Katie_TVFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #1600 on: June 24, 2018, 01:26:22 PM »
Tried to post a screen record so hopefully this works instead.

https://instagram.com/p/Bkaqbt0Fjsu/

Pretty sure that is Becca jumping. Didn’t post in live yet since wasn’t completely sure but clothing and braids match so 99% sure :)

That's 100% Becca! The braids are a giveaway and she's wearing the same orange shirt she was pictured wearing with Christie on the train =)

I thought so! I was just out of the loop the last few days so wanted someone to check me :) looks so fun that jump

Offline Headhunter

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1601 on: June 24, 2018, 01:26:45 PM »
Are there direct flights from Entebbe to Zurich? According to the Entebbe Airport Wikipedia page, Zurich is not a passenger destination from that airport.

Offline Joberio

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #1602 on: June 24, 2018, 01:28:42 PM »
Are there direct flights from Entebbe to Zurich? According to the Entebbe Airport Wikipedia page, Zurich is not a passenger destination from that airport.
I suppose that the teams could've flown first from Uganda to Amsterdam as a connection, and then from Amsterdam to Zurich before taking the train to Grindelwald.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1603 on: June 24, 2018, 01:29:13 PM »
Yeah I just checked and there are no direct flights between EBB and Zurich. I don't know if in the midst of this mess confusion if the connecting city was found out or not.

Offline TARfanTX

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1604 on: June 24, 2018, 01:30:09 PM »

Pretty sure that is Becca jumping. Didn’t post in live yet since wasn’t completely sure but clothing and braids match so 99% sure :)

That's 100% Becca! The braids are a giveaway and she's wearing the same orange shirt she was pictured wearing with Christie on the train =)

I thought so! I was just out of the loop the last few days so wanted someone to check me :) looks so fun that jump

Definitely her. That jump looks crazy!

Offline RArsenault

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #1605 on: June 24, 2018, 01:30:35 PM »
What is the deal with flights in Amazing race now? They are selected by production right? Its not the contestants choice right? Cuz if production picks i don't see why Brit and Janelle would be flying to netherlands to connect to switz. They must be headed to sequester:(
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 01:34:25 PM by RArsenault »

Offline Headhunter

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1606 on: June 24, 2018, 01:31:08 PM »
It’s weird that there are direct flights between Entebbe and Dubai but they chose to connect in Ethiopia. Maybe the airlines with direct flights weren’t considered safe?

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1607 on: June 24, 2018, 01:34:07 PM »

Definitely her. That jump looks crazy!

It was previously mentioned that they might be using Bungy Niouc, but that video looks like it was at the Gletscherschlucht.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1608 on: June 24, 2018, 01:35:29 PM »
There's no direct flights between Entebbe and anywhere in Switzerland I believe. So Amsterdam is one of the many available connections.

And TAR's list of allowed airlines is interesting. I remember we got a glimpse of the list last year (the Additional Info sheet of paper) and it included some airlines that were surprising since there's no discernible reason (at least from the public's point of view) for some of the airlines to essentially be banned on TAR. Unless it's not a safety reason.

It’s weird that there are direct flights between Entebbe and Dubai but they chose to connect in Ethiopia. Maybe the airlines with direct flights weren’t considered safe?

Hard to believe Emirates (one of the 2 direct flights) wouldn't be considered safe.

Offline ChewyDips

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1609 on: June 24, 2018, 01:45:59 PM »
Well at least if sequester was Amsterdam, that’s pretty!

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1610 on: June 24, 2018, 01:47:02 PM »
Katie_TVFan's sighting - Sounds like Becca had fun on that bungee :lol: She wasn't one to be bothered by heights much due to her rock climbing experience.

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1611 on: June 24, 2018, 01:49:12 PM »
Leo/Jamal or Britney/Janelle have to show up in Switzerland right? since Uganda was only one leg. otoh, uganda could've been partner swap w/ double elimination  :duno: :duno: :duno: :duno:

Offline BBFan86

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1612 on: June 24, 2018, 01:56:56 PM »
Sounds like Britney and Janelle are out. The person who took the photo said it was taken last night in Uganda https://twitter.com/JessicaCodyBB19/status/1010950568897114114

Offline Katie_TVFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1613 on: June 24, 2018, 01:59:31 PM »
Katie_TVFan's sighting - Sounds like Becca had fun on that bungee :lol: She wasn't one to be bothered by heights much due to her rock climbing experience.

Right! It looks like the user is getting a bunch of questions so I don’t want to bug her but I wonder which teams she saw in first and second and in last on the jump since those are the ones she saw.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1614 on: June 24, 2018, 02:03:33 PM »
Leo/Jamal or Britney/Janelle have to show up in Switzerland right? since Uganda was only one leg. otoh, uganda could've been partner swap w/ double elimination  :duno: :duno: :duno: :duno:

Uganda could've also been 2 legs. There might have been one rural leg where no scouting could've taken place.

Offline Labellious

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1615 on: June 24, 2018, 02:03:56 PM »
Sounds like Britney and Janelle are out. The person who took the photo said it was taken last night in Uganda https://twitter.com/JessicaCodyBB19/status/1010950568897114114

If that's true and Janelle & Britney are really out then I'm really impressed with Leo & Jamal's ability to hide from us!  :funny:

Offline amazingracebigfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1616 on: June 24, 2018, 02:09:46 PM »
I believe Leo & Jamal are out. If Britney & Janelle were seen, and if Rachel & Elissa were seen, then Leo & Jamal are out.

Offline Joberio

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #1617 on: June 24, 2018, 02:11:28 PM »
I believe Leo & Jamal are out. If Britney & Janelle were seen, and if Rachel & Elissa were seen, then Leo & Jamal are out.
Agreed.  Seriously, guys.  Stop overthinking and overcomplicating things. :groan:

Offline NancyJ

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1618 on: June 24, 2018, 02:12:36 PM »
Why would Britney and Janelle be flying to Amsterdam and not Zurich?

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1619 on: June 24, 2018, 02:15:20 PM »
Agreed.  Seriously, guys.  Stop overthinking and overcomplicating things. :groan:

No, you're just refusing to believe Janelle/Brit are out despite all the evidence maybe just bc you love them. They are my faves too but the pic and the fact that they were not seen with the other groups point to them being out of the race.

Offline jboy224

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1620 on: June 24, 2018, 02:16:13 PM »
Why would Britney and Janelle be flying to Amsterdam and not Zurich?

maybe they did a fast forward and get to skip a leg.  :duno: as a new twist.

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1621 on: June 24, 2018, 02:16:26 PM »
Yeah it's looking more and more like Amsterdam is the sequester and Jan/Brit have been eliminated. Bummer.

Offline ShelbysHat

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1622 on: June 24, 2018, 02:17:20 PM »
Apparently there was no direct flight from Entebbe to Zurich, every other team was connecting through other city as well.

Offline AlizaNY

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1623 on: June 24, 2018, 02:21:16 PM »
Apparently there was no direct flight from Entebbe to Zurich, every other team was connecting through other city as well.

Exactly! Some on this thread truly seem to be salivating at the thought of Janie and Brit being out, all while claiming to be their fans😂.  We don’t know what is going on!

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1624 on: June 24, 2018, 02:24:02 PM »
Maybe they were last to leave the pitstop and had to take a later flight? This doesn't mean they are last to get in Switzerland, maybe they was an HOO

What we know for flights:

Spotted taking a flight during the day
- Vic/Nicole
- Chris/Brett
- Youtube
- Collin/Christie
- Team fun

- Rachel/Elissa (spotted but no pictures)

Spotted leaving in evening/night flight to Amsterdam
-Janelle/Britney