Author Topic: TAR 28 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **SPOILERS**  (Read 154025 times)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 28 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **SPOILERS**
« Reply #625 on: March 19, 2016, 11:11:20 PM »
Is this season worth catching up on? I haven't watched since the 2nd episode and even though they were good I can't get interested in the season enough to take the time to watch it.

Watch the third and skip the fourth and fifth :tup:

The third leg's second half onwards is absolutely phenomenal.

Watch the last 15 minutes of Episode 3, First 45 minutes of Episode 4, and Last 15 minutes of Episode 5.  :funny: Those were the nice and epic scenes.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #626 on: March 19, 2016, 11:14:01 PM »
Watch the last 15 minutes of Episode 3, First 45 minutes of Episode 4, and Last 15 minutes of Episode 5.  :funny: Those were the nice and epic scenes.
Watch the episode and then stare at the screen for 3 more minutes?

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #627 on: March 22, 2016, 03:39:01 AM »
Watch the episode and then stare at the screen for 3 more minutes?

:lol:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #628 on: March 22, 2016, 03:50:36 AM »
What's the point of Greeters if editors aren't even gonna show them speak anymore? "Welcome to ________."

I know it's been a few seasons but still

If there's any consolation, I LOVE that at least we get Greeter Interviews now. It's really fun to watch Phil interview them (even though they're just Web Bonuses) and learn a bit more about the country!

It's pretty ironic though, for a show all about traveling the world and learning all about it as well as viewers, tasks seem to be a bigger focus now than actually highlighting culture in the task descriptions and ignoring greeters =/

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #629 on: April 01, 2016, 08:19:47 PM »
Due to this long break between Episodes 5 and 6, I lost the excitement to watch today's episode. I have to try recalling what happened in the past few episodes to consciously say again that the season's been great so far.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #630 on: April 01, 2016, 08:25:54 PM »
I'm skipping next week. *sighs*

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #631 on: April 03, 2016, 07:03:22 AM »
Honestly enjoying this season more than 27 already... but is anyone just bothered that we don't have proper story-arcs this season? =/

For all the hate I give it, the stories in TAR27 were pretty well-defined (Justin vs. Texas, Denise & James-Earl wanting to fix their relationship, Tiffany & Krista's underdog story, Kelsey & Joey's frustration at always being 2nd place, Justin's OBSESSION with being first), but 28 is just so all over the place?

Like, we would have "Sheri wants to prove she's not a liability to the team" from the very first episode. But on Legs 2-4, that storyline never really contributed to the episodes? The storyline right now for this season just seems so... eh? We have a potential Tyler vs. Brodie storyline, but even that doesn't take up much focus. "Blodie" is just so forced. We had "Dana & Matt have contrasting personalities" on Leg 2 but then that storyline quickly ran out of steam.

IDK... it's just so frustrating to have a season where you literally do not have a story. It's like this show got rid of all their editors when they went to Fridays, because editing just seems to get worse and worse these days.

I still love the show (and I will ride and die with The Amazing Race until its inevitable end =/), but I really hope the editing gets it together eventually. It's just not the same, you know?

Anyone feel the same way?

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #632 on: April 03, 2016, 07:26:30 AM »
Well I just watched EP3 and Dana & Matt were still quarrelling (well, she was). Also the editing has been the best it has been in years, it feels like we're more immersed in the race than crappy side stories.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #633 on: April 03, 2016, 07:48:08 AM »
I don't mind that we don't have fully developed stories because this means the cast generally likes each other. And it seemed that way as well.

This season is so much more fun to watch than a painful TAR 27. I repeat. (:;)

Offline NatashaDrew

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #634 on: April 03, 2016, 11:12:46 AM »
Hello all, first post. Because after watching for 10 seasons and catching up on prior I had to sign up to vent that this is just the most dislikeable year by far. Nothing to do with Phil, the venues or the tasks but entirely the terrible contestants. Such a horrible bunch of semi-pro 'mugging to camera' people. I understand why TAR thought getting some of their youtube viewers in would be a good idea but the lack of personality and bland vacuous happy shiny people nature of everyone is killing my love for this show.

Nobody appears in any way genuine (aside from the few parents and partners who really aren't vloggers) just a bit smiley-and-dumb. About the only team operating as its sterotype would in the past is the now-departed models and the alpha-males (although a little too LOUD and WHOOPING). In particular Tyler and Korey are heavily featured  but aren't as funny as they think they are. In fact they offer nothing but obvious lines and mugging to camera. 

I really love TAR - its generally such a positive program that may feature pantomine villians but also shows the general good in Americans and the nations they visit but dear lord this bunch do nobody any favours. Plastic, practised and devoid of character all we have is some clearly concocted 'puppy love' and nobody with character or charm. Such a shame. They managed to edit a bad idea (Season 26) into a good show due to nice people and a strong contrast in personalities but this year? Its all the same polished-but-dumb nothingness that Blair, Cole, etc exemplify.

Here's hoping season 29 can come back strong.

Thank you for letting me rant. Its from a a place of love.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #635 on: April 03, 2016, 11:46:45 AM »
 :hiya, NatashaDrew!  :bigwelcome to the R.F.F.!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #636 on: April 03, 2016, 02:38:49 PM »
 :welcome2:

Welcome to RFF NatashaDrew! Glad you found us!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #637 on: April 03, 2016, 05:45:00 PM »
My main complaint is that I don't feel we're getting to know the contestants as people, it's like we're just watching extensions of their social media personas.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #638 on: April 03, 2016, 05:50:08 PM »
My main complaint is that I don't feel we're getting to know the contestants as people, it's like we're just watching extensions of their social media personas.

Maybe what you see as their social media persona is their actual persona?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #639 on: April 03, 2016, 06:08:15 PM »
^^ Good one!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #640 on: April 03, 2016, 06:26:35 PM »
Dana yelling at Matt (at first, I thought this was extremely forced the airport scene at the start of Episode 3 was DUMB, but after watching insider clips/getting used to it, I guess, I think it's just how she is, nothing wrong with it)

Sheri crying because she thinks she let Cole down

Marty/Hagan's mother/daughter relationship basically :hrt: "She just graduated from college."

uhh I think I ran out of examples :lol: but what I'm saying is that the "heart" of the Race/cast is still somewhat there and it's not all fake social media behavior.

I don't think a team will ever come as close to Michael & Kevin--huge personalities on YouTube but very lowkey/"normal" on the Race.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #641 on: April 04, 2016, 06:20:25 PM »
I don't think a team will ever come as close to Michael & Kevin--huge personalities on YouTube but very lowkey/"normal" on the Race.
The reason why Michael & Kevin were very well-liked was because they were courteous to the camera throughout their journey. They were never shown acting - emphasized on "acting" - as if they were big shots and trying to put on their online star archetype. Remember how last season nearly everyone complained about how Justin irritated because of the silly things he does (radio personality like Mancow Muller - you either like or hate)? Remember how in season 19 people were :res:'ing whenever Marcus compared the race to football? And don't forget Jim the dentist who scored like a king on his dentistry exam!... blahblah Pretending to be the best when in reality nobody is is not something anyone wants to hear on and on.

Of course, there are other aspects that make a team likable, but being sincere is one aspect. :tup:

This season I feel like a handful of the contestants are just hogging spotlight for the sake of their Internet persona. I think what NatashaDrew said earlier perfectly sums up what I think of this cast.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 06:26:30 PM by RachelLeVega »
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #642 on: April 04, 2016, 06:37:33 PM »
I kinda find it a little insulting to racers when they're being labelled as using their "internet persona" as opposed to their "normal" selves.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #643 on: April 04, 2016, 08:03:44 PM »
Cole is definitely as irritating on the Race as how he is in real life though lol.

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #644 on: April 04, 2016, 08:15:27 PM »
I kinda find it a little insulting to racers when they're being labelled as using their "internet persona" as opposed to their "normal" selves.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #645 on: April 04, 2016, 10:42:51 PM »
Cole is definitely as irritating on the Race as how he is in real life though lol.

You know him in real life?  :o
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #646 on: April 04, 2016, 11:27:57 PM »

You know him in real life?  :o

No =P

I mean his videos and all the stuff he does outside of the Race.

Most of the teams have mellowed down and are in 'Race' mode... Cole looks like he never left, and even the Secret Scenes point to that.

Offline Ozzymayhem4

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #647 on: April 05, 2016, 04:00:52 AM »
Cole is the biggest bitch for just standing and staring at his crying mum, i mean not even a hug?

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #648 on: April 05, 2016, 12:20:20 PM »
I didn't like the forced party atmosphere in the Colombian beach detour and the Armenian bus.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #649 on: April 05, 2016, 01:40:56 PM »
:res: