Author Topic: TAR 27 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**  (Read 332133 times)

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 27 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**
« Reply #650 on: July 12, 2015, 03:36:27 PM »
My perfect would be Myanmar, however unlikely.

Weather may delay or change things. Wondering about Guam>Hawaii>Seattle options, (SPEC not spoiling...just me thinking.)
strong Hawaii vibes just guessing  :umn:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #651 on: July 12, 2015, 03:47:27 PM »
One of the things to consider that for almost all trans-Pacific flights to the U.S. from east Asia, one has to go through either Shanghai, or Tokyo Narita, or both, based on what teams and production have had to do in the past.

About the only way I'm aware of that avoids those connections is the Air New Zealand flight in and out of LAX that flies direct to New Zealand. Then there's the need for flights to divert around the volcanic ash from the volcano that has erupted in Indonesia (the ash has reached levels of the atmosphere that can force passenger flights to divert around that area) and as of this morning, Bali airport is closed again.

I suspect the filming is on hold until they can get teams to wherever leg 11 is going to take place as well as getting flights to the final destination city. If past experience is any guide with the need to connect via Shanghai or Tokyo as opposed to using New Zealand to get back to the US, that may explain the lack of any social media sightings at this point. This is just speculation on my part, but I am baffled to come up with any other explanation other than a delay in order to allow the weather systems to clear out of the way for the flights to leg 11 and leg 12 destinations.
-- theschnauzers

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #652 on: July 12, 2015, 04:07:30 PM »
One of the things to consider that for almost all trans-Pacific flights to the U.S. from east Asia, one has to go through either Shanghai, or Tokyo Narita, or both, based on what teams and production have had to do in the past.

About the only way I'm aware of that avoids those connections is the Air New Zealand flight in and out of LAX that flies direct to New Zealand. Then there's the need for flights to divert around the volcanic ash from the volcano that has erupted in Indonesia (the ash has reached levels of the atmosphere that can force passenger flights to divert around that area) and as of this morning, Bali airport is closed again.

I suspect the filming is on hold until they can get teams to wherever leg 11 is going to take place as well as getting flights to the final destination city. If past experience is any guide with the need to connect via Shanghai or Tokyo as opposed to using New Zealand to get back to the US, that may explain the lack of any social media sightings at this point. This is just speculation on my part, but I am baffled to come up with any other explanation other than a delay in order to allow the weather systems to clear out of the way for the flights to leg 11 and leg 12 destinations.

What about Sydney or Seoul or even Manila ( Or is Manila affected by the typhoon )

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #653 on: July 12, 2015, 04:17:16 PM »
Is there any location in Asia/Oceania that we can eliminate simply from all the natural disasters occurring (Volcanoes, typhoons, etc)?
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #654 on: July 12, 2015, 05:41:21 PM »
It's interesting how TAR25 teams had to fly through Tokyo from Manila to LA instead of flying direct on Philippine Airlines. Though that PAL flight was likely fully booked anyway lol They usually are.

I know they always have back-up plans, but if they ever need last minute Legs in Asia, they can easily recycle TARPH or TAR Vietnam Legs of course.  But I hope the penultimate leg isn't in the Philippines. I'm hoping for the Philippines to be an early Leg(s) on a future westward route, maybe TAR28. :)

Anyway, Oceania seems like a good choice.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #655 on: July 12, 2015, 05:53:14 PM »

What about Sydney or Seoul or even Manila ( Or is Manila affected by the typhoon )

All three cities have required connections through either Tokyo or Shanghai in past Races. Manila is doubtful unless the leg was in the Philippines in the first place. The other issue at the moment would be the ash cloud that has closed Bali at times, due to wind direction, so a different wind direction might hamper flights in and out of Manila. (I haven't seen anything; and the only reason we're hearing about Bali is that a CNN correspondent (Will Ripley) has been stranded in Bali due to the ash cloud.
-- theschnauzers

Offline TARFanMan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #656 on: July 12, 2015, 06:20:25 PM »
I'm thinking about teams possibly going to North America for Leg 11? They haven't been spotted for a while now...

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #657 on: July 12, 2015, 08:03:58 PM »

All three cities have required connections through either Tokyo or Shanghai in past Races. Manila is doubtful unless the leg was in the Philippines in the first place. The other issue at the moment would be the ash cloud that has closed Bali at times, due to wind direction, so a different wind direction might hamper flights in and out of Manila. (I haven't seen anything; and the only reason we're hearing about Bali is that a CNN correspondent (Will Ripley) has been stranded in Bali due to the ash cloud.

Ultra long distance international travel is changing, literally, as we speak. The addition of the Airbus A-380, Boeing 787 Dreamliner, and the two new 777 jets, both the  200ER and 300ER models have made non stops flights to destinations that always before  had connections.

For example, American Airlines now flies to 55 international destinations from DFW International airport nonstop. Among these in Asia are Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Seoul and Tokyo Narita. I certainly don't for see TAR doing another Dallas finale so soon, but just goes to show you that international routes are changing quickly.

Qantas started flying direct to DFW from Sydney. They started with a Boeing 747-8. It had no problem making the jump from Sydney to Dallas, but on the return, bucking the headwinds of the southern jet stream, it had to make a fuel stop in Brisbane before continuing to Sydney. They recently changed to an Airbus A-380, flying 6 days a week. It doesn't have to stop in Brisbane in the return. What really shocks me is that there is enough traffic to warrant that size a plane on the route.

Also Qatar Airlines and Emirates started flying non stop to DFW from the Persian Gulf. They started with 777s, but now both switched to A-380. Again...seems really strange to me that there is that much of a demand for seats on the routes.

What I am trying to say is that no matter what teams did in the past, my no longer hold true. The addition of new technology has changed air travel dramatically.
Matthew 7:15

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #658 on: July 12, 2015, 08:48:03 PM »
My friend just saw teams outside the Peninsula Hotel in Hong Kong!! She said she saw a green team holding a clue with cameramen, no further details yet..

Diana & Jason or Tiffany & Krista? Can you ask him, please?

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #659 on: July 12, 2015, 09:04:10 PM »
My friend just saw teams outside the Peninsula Hotel in Hong Kong!! She said she saw a green team holding a clue with cameramen, no further details yet..

Diana & Jason or Tiffany & Krista? Can you ask him, please?

I showed her the picture but she is not sure as she saw from a distance, she just described they are very green and saw them with the envelope. If anyone knows where they could be let me know, maybe I'll sneak out from work to follow them!!! So excited!!

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #660 on: July 12, 2015, 09:27:22 PM »
Can she guess where they are probably heading? If they seem to be going to Star Ferry (again) then we
re probably thinking Island side.
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #661 on: July 12, 2015, 09:30:44 PM »
I'm wondering whether or not frantic Chinese fans scared the crew in S24 that they dare not come to mainland China this time...
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #662 on: July 12, 2015, 10:13:31 PM »
So, are Tiffany & Krista safe as of Leg 11?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #663 on: July 12, 2015, 10:14:40 PM »
So, are Tiffany & Krista safe as of Leg 11?

Looks like it. And "green team" must be Justin & Diana

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #664 on: July 12, 2015, 10:16:54 PM »
NO. The source said he saw a F/F green team  but they were running so cannot conclusively do a picture ID.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 10:39:57 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #665 on: July 12, 2015, 10:18:47 PM »
NO. The source said he saw a F/F green team

So as of Leg 11 we only seen Tiffany & Krista. The rest of teams are unknown.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #666 on: July 12, 2015, 10:21:39 PM »
For reference, if the Race does take teams to Macao from Hong Kong, it would be a throwback to the season 11 leg 11.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #667 on: July 12, 2015, 10:22:56 PM »
Misread that. Tiffany & Krista's team colour is really more yellow than green, so that was my conclusion.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #668 on: July 12, 2015, 10:40:10 PM »
Misread that. Tiffany & Krista's team colour is really more yellow than green, so that was my conclusion.

Their color is somwthing between yellow and green (lime?) so some people may call that green

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #669 on: July 12, 2015, 10:40:57 PM »
NO. The source said he saw a F/F green team

So as of Leg 11 we only seen Tiffany & Krista. The rest of teams are unknown.

Well for the first 30 min!! Team not ID'd...see my post above. Go find us some more sightings! :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #670 on: July 12, 2015, 10:55:23 PM »
For reference, if the Race does take teams to Macao from Hong Kong, it would be a throwback to the season 11 leg 11.
who's ready to crap their pants!!  :yess:

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #671 on: July 12, 2015, 11:01:31 PM »
I was personally hoping for a HK leg  :lol:   But Macau is way overdue too! Now I’m hoping for a HK-Macau-HK thing like they’ve done in TAR25&26
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #672 on: July 12, 2015, 11:03:34 PM »
So they are now heading to macau?
I am now rushing to the city centre of HK to watch for them

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #673 on: July 13, 2015, 12:31:51 AM »
So the HK/Macau as confirmed as penultimate leg?
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline Joberio

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #674 on: July 13, 2015, 12:32:42 AM »
So the HK/Macau as confirmed as penultimate leg?
Not confirmed, but at least it's looking like it right now.