The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

CBS says ‘no’ to smarter, older contestants on reality TV shows

<< < (2/5) > >>

Jimmer:
Yeah, very true. I don't think we have ever had a recent houseguest that was over 40 or 50

Jobby:
Would be weird if they put an old contestant on BB amongst other young ones as well.. they don't stand a chance of winning? Think Dick was the 'oldest' one I can remember. (sorry not a BB fan here)

theamazingracer21:

--- Quote from: Jimmer on January 16, 2014, 10:09:10 PM ---Yeah, very true. I don't think we have ever had a recent houseguest that was over 40 or 50

--- End quote ---
I did some quick research and I think the oldest they had on BB was a 75 year old (Jerry from BB10). He came 3rd and won 2 HoH and 2 PoV. So the oldies have just as good of a chance of winning as the young ones.

RachelLeVega:
I think there should be a Big Brother discussion section since this isn't really relevant towards TAR. We've seen a lot of smarter (ER doctors Nat & Kat, overachieving Cindy, Amy Diaz) and older (Chuck & Wynona, Bill & Cathi, Rowan & Shane) teams on the race.

Also, this is one of the reasons why I have lost interest in Big Brother altogether. The casting for BB these days are weak and NEEDS the older population to mix in more diversity. (There are also other reasons, but I'm not starting a page-long rant essay.) :tup:

Platrium:
I wanna see another older couple soon. :( It'd be interesting to me to have a season with half of the cast being older (at least 50+). :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version