Archive > The Amazing Race 22

TAR 22 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**

<< < (102/131) > >>

georgiapeach:
There wasn't time I don't think. TAR can do a "created" race most anywhere though.

claude_24hrs:

--- Quote from: SamualDude on February 10, 2013, 09:50:07 PM ---I remember you guys were talking about Shemozzle Racing in Hunterville but I don't know if you guys know this but Hunterville is in near the middle of the North Island so we may be getting two legs in New Zealand.

--- End quote ---

Hunterville is too far away from Christchurch, I think there is a possibility the "shemozzle racing" task would be in Lincoln, not far from Christchurch.

apskip:

--- Quote from: ApprenticeFan on February 11, 2013, 02:06:44 AM ---
--- Quote from: SamualDude on February 10, 2013, 09:50:07 PM ---I remember you guys were talking about Shemozzle Racing in Hunterville but I don't know if you guys know this but Hunterville is in near the middle of the North Island so we may be getting two legs in New Zealand.

--- End quote ---

Hunterville is too far away from Christchurch, I think there is a possibility the "shemozzle racing" task would be in Lincoln, not far from Christchurch.

--- End quote ---

Amen! Hunterville is 378 miles from Christchurch, composed of:

North Island Hunterville to Wellington 114 miles
South Island Picton to Christchurch 209 miles
Interisland Ferry Wellington to Picton 55 miles 

So, teams are not going to be sent to Hunterville. However, the competitions from the Shepherd's Shemozzle Festival could easily be duplicated on the South Island. They include:

a cross country Shemozzle with Shepherds and Huntaway dogs (a large, strongly-built breed of dog used for general sheep herding tasks in New Zealand, especially for driving sheep) competing on an endurance and obstacle course
a Sheep shearing competition (done all over the South Island to attract tourists)

Plaidmoon:
I thought I'd indulge in some speculation about the second Express Pass this season. Phil says in his recent TV Guide interview that the holders of the Express Pass get a lot of attention from the other teams that want to be given the second Express Pass. I imagine that they will quickly realize that the second Express Pass puts them in a difficult position. The team that gets the second pass will be very happy and most of the other teams will be upset with them.

One of the things learned from our spoilers is that David of Connor and David gets a leg or Achilles tendon injury in one of the Bora Bora legs. Somehow, according to the timeline, they managed to survive until at least leg 5 despite the fact that David was barely able to walk and was using a wheelchair in some of the sightings. They seems pretty remarkable to me and after thinking it over, I figure that the team that wins the Express Pass in the first leg will end up giving it to Connor and David. The Express Pass would be one way for them to survive a leg.  The other teams can't get too upset about that since Connor and David aren't going to be much of a threat to the other teams and they will be thinking it's only a matter of time until the injury catches up with them and they are eliminated. Given the situation, it's probably the safest play for the team with the Express Pass. Unless they really want to forge an alliance with another team and don't care too much about the other teams.   

I suppose it's possible that Connor and David could win the first leg and get the Express Pass. In that case, forget all of the above.  ;)

Chateau d If:
Just to remind you  :)

--- Quote from: Chateau d If on January 07, 2013, 10:12:24 AM ---
--- Quote from: Mug Costanza on January 07, 2013, 02:24:44 AM ---

Short and to the point... Well that's no fun! :lol:

--- End quote ---

I can already answer this one!    :hoot:

We have the Express Pass as an accepted  and appreciated and sought after feature of TAR.  So that's not going away.     :wise   

At the end of the first leg, what would be even better than winning one?   ???

Well?  Winning two Express Passes of course!   :beer2:

But that may be just too simple.  And I have my reasons.  Let there be two EPs with the understanding that the second one has to be shared with another Team.  Simple!  Powerful!  Adds drama too.  TPTB probably got it from  one of mutlitude of  fantasy games  going on allover.  Can somebody check?  ;)  :popcorn:

The reason I can bring this up and speculate it with high confidence comes from  the spoiler information we have on Dave & Conner.  Here's my guess:   Dave does not actually hurt his Achilles Tendon.  He claims to have sustained the injury in order to garner sympathy from the other Teams.  In particular, sympathy from the Team that wins two Express Passes on the first leg.  So the EP is handed over, the ankle magically heals   :browsie:, and Dave & Conner are launched into a very advantageous position in the game.    One which may very well carry them to the final three.   :wtg:

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version