The Amazing Race > The Racers

TAR 19: Bill & Cathi Alden ( Married for 40 years/Grandparents)

<< < (4/25) > >>

Jobby:

--- Quote from: apskip on September 06, 2011, 04:25:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: Joab on September 03, 2011, 11:19:49 PM ---It has been quite some time since we got a REALLY old couple right? The last memorable pair was... Fran and Barry... no?

--- End quote ---
No, actually. There was Marcy and Ron in AR15. She was 60 and he 59. That's really old even though Fran at 61 and Barry at 63 were trivially older.

--- End quote ---

Erm apskip, I'm talking about last "memorable" pair. Not just any other old couple. Although you're right that we have Marcy and Ron, but that's like 3 seasons ago, still... so hoping they will do well and carry Meredith and Gretchen's spirit with them!

David:
I'm unspoiled this season. Hope to keep this on.

I LOVE this team, by the way!!!

I LOVE their Viking Mentality too!! :D Click on the Spoiler Tag to find this!!

Show content

georgiapeach:
Nice Article!
 Albany couple talk about ‘Amazing’ adventure By Jennifer Moody, Albany Democrat-Herald

--- Quote ---If you’re going to be a contestant on CBS’ “The Amazing Race,” Bill and Cathi Alden say it definitely helps to have been a teacher.

The reality TV show pits 11 two-person teams against one another in a race around the world.

The Los Angeles Times reported this year’s race will travel through four continents and 20 cities and cover nearly 40,000 miles.

The season starts at 8 p.m. Sunday.

“Spending 30 years, both of us, dealing with people, you read people well. That was definitely an advantage,” said Bill, who taught science at Calapooia Middle School for 29 years. Cathi spent 25 years as a teacher and administrator with Albany schools, then another few years as an administrator in Corvallis.

--- End quote ---
Read more: http://democratherald.com/news/local/article_e7cb831c-e350-11e0-bc29-001cc4c002e0.html#ixzz1YXuWEI48

kiki:

--- Quote ---They didn’t make the cut, and when CBS called again last year, they didn’t advance then, either.

But in March, the station called again and asked for an updated video. This time, the Aldens were in.

--- End quote ---

Interesting information. If I read it right they first applied for TAR 16.

Jobby:
AFTER LEG 1... <3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Finally a team that I like who got saved by first leg non-elimination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version