The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

TAR Google Earth Project

<< < (25/35) > >>

Neobie:
Definitely not as comprehensive as GB's (which includes foreign versions as well as some task information), but I am very confident about the locations for TAR 8-9 and 12-26, cross-referencing against GB's locations and finding some of the more obscure locations along the way (the Thailand cricket-eating Fast Forward in TAR 9, for example; stupid Phil gave the wrong distance and made me search up and down in Lopburi).

I'm slowly working my way to fill in the other seasons!

Since it doesn't add up to be very big I've put all the seasons on the same file.

G.B.:
Hi Neobie,

We're actually referring to your maps. The images you make with lines and points drawn on them. I think some people were suggesting you had maps for almost all of the seasons, but not all of them are here. Are we mistaken?

Slowhatch:
Would the wiki be able to host the map files on a permanent basis? That might be a more practical solution than keeping them in the forum. Peach could just write a sticky with a link to the files, and I could write a post on using kml/kmz/gpx files.

theschnauzers:
My own desire is to avoid duplicates for any one season and download the rest to use with Google Earth/Google Earth Pro. I could never be sure which files to download. At a minimum it might be useful to edit the OP to include the links to the specific posts that have the most current files for particular seasons, that for me would work as well until there is a comprehensive file for the US and for the regional editions.

I do know we have an earlier compilation (and I helped place the season three start point in the Everglades, which was insane because the area had been developed greatly between 2002 and 2012 when we were searching. I at least had managed at TARcon 3 to confirm the area of that start with Drew Riker, since we, as having been former residents of Miami could refer to the area the way the locals did. I'm preety sure I still have the old kmz file on the other notebook, but I may post it if I can find it and if it would be of any value. I also recall trying to help to locate a pit stop in northern Thailand in a rural hamlet that was extremely hard to find.

G.B.:
Added the fourth Vietnam Race. (Yay Laos!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version