The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Previous TAR Seasons Discussions

<< < (72/180) > >>

RaceUntilWeDie:
Why is this more suspenseful than the last 2, 3, 4, 5 or so seasons?

https://www.youtube.com/v/_TTdy2nVCj0

And this was a race for 2nd. In 2016, they would cut all of this out (ok, maybe not because of Rachel :lol: )

gamerfan09:
Brenchel <3 Joey & Danny <3

TAR20 was one of the seasons that definitely still had the suspense and the Paraguay leg was great. Biggest suspense moment though was STILL Vanessa & Ralph vs. Elliot & Andrew at the Roadblock to the Pit Stop. The music, the tension, everything just clicked together so so well.

RaceUntilWeDie:
Haha, I've rewatched Vanessa & Ralph vs. Elliot & Andrew quite a few times but never remembered this gem that is Brendon & Rachel vs. Joey & Danny :lol:

I wanted to make it a point that they're racing for 2nd, not 1st or last. And they still made an effort to edit this nicely. Unlike today... :groan:

gamerfan09:
Agreed. Had this been modern-day TAR we would just have both teams at the mat already with the "2nd Place and 3rd Place" captions out already. *sighs*

Considering 29 is already delayed and it might be a sign of the end, they need to fire the editors of the new era and go back to the old ASAP.

RachelLeVega:

--- Quote from: ianthebalance on April 26, 2016, 02:35:46 PM ---I wish we could list all the editing styles and choices that classic TAR did that were good that current TAR doesn't do, and then make some grand post or email to the editors

--- End quote ---
Here are my takes on the different editing styles.
TAR1
• "Point A to Point B" / the whole season pretty much focused on the basic concept of getting from place to place while trying to make the least amount of mistakes and holdups possible + the dramas of traveling with each other.
TAR2-5
• "Travels of the Crazy Americans-ism" :lol: / Showing over-the-top personalities of racers and their moments with a genuine side of appreciation, incompetence and-or contempt with each other. The locations visited also revealed how different they were to these racers by the locals they met and still had significant stylings of point A to point B.
TAR6-10
• "Heroes vs Enemies" / After some quips between teams in season 5, the race was geared more toward drama to bring in ratings while still showing the triumphant efforts of the teams who were generally favorable. Brought visited locations into an even more specifically cultural and geographical light, especially the United States during season 8.
TAR11-17 (My personal favorite)
• "Suspense-ism" / Like CrossFit: fast-paced music, quick wits and adrenaline are what powered this contemporary era of TAR. Hilarious moments and unforgettable drama between teams and teammates proved that the race is no joke and that "they don't call it The Amazing Race for nothin'".
TAR18-20
• "HD Transition" / Leading into a new era of TAR, a simple basketball game at the rest period in Kunming, China showed that the race was beginning to relax and wasn't all sugar rushed and frantic. Though, elements of Suspense were utilized during crazy moments and tasks.
TAR21-28
• "Travel Log-ism" / Generally unexciting, this mix of teams completing tasks around the world and showing their dislike and friendships with other teams document their journey in a sometimes overdramatic and straightforward way. Sloppy consistency is not to be missed. And there are elements of Suspense here and there RESERVED for moments when teams are screaming and kicking at each other.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version