The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

TAR15 Aired Shows Discussion Thread *SPOILER FREE*

<< < (2/5) > >>

Coutzy:
Poker girls are too sneaky for my liking. I don't like the way they are running the race.

Loving Zev and Justin. Hopefully Zev doesn't get brought down by the loss of routine during the race.

Mika and Canaan could go either way for me, the minor spat they had at the mud task could be a one off, or a sign of things to come. I have to wait and see before I make a call there.

ImANewUser:
Maria & Tiffany <3<3<3<3. I see them as my new 'Nathan & Jennifer/Kelly & Christy' fave.

Zev & Justin <3<3<3<3. They're my 'Kisha & Jen' fave.

Brian & Ericka <3<3<3<3. They're my 'Flo & Zach' fave.

Marcy & Ron <3<3<3<3. They're my 'Meredith & Gretchen' fave.

Sam & Dan <3<3<3<3. They're my 'Rob & Brennan' fave.

TexasLady:
The "Poker Girls" rose slightly in my opinion of them when they told the brothers not to stay and help them with their statue. Lance and Keri are painful to watch. I hope they are gone soon. (Like next.) I knew Ron & Marcy were headed for trouble when they didn't make sure of the letters and doomed when they didn't ask for help with the word.

apskip:
TexasLady,

I agree with all your 3 points:

1. Maria and Tiffany showed class by not leaning on Dan/Sam and relying on their own abilities.
2. Nobody likes Lance and Keri. I rate Lance the 2nd most obnoxious Amazing Racer ever (you should not need to guess who has a lock on first place). It will be a pleasure to get Lance off the screen. I think that will happen in one of the next 3 episodes, but then we will have to see them on Elimination Station.
3. Ron and Marcy failed to, as they say on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire", ASK THE EXPERT, which would be anyone who speaks both Vietnamese and English in the area of that hotel. It is difficult to gauge what percentage of Vietnamese in Vietnam speak English with sufficient fluency, but let's assume it is a low number. It might be approximated by the percentage who use the Internet intensively, which is 0.2%. That would be 1 in every 500 people. It should be higher for HoChiMinh City and higher due to the proximity of a hotel (where more fluent people might tend to be). As a rough guess, I would say that 1 out of 100 on the streets of HoChiMinh City would be fluent enough. It would have taken a while to locate the one peson needed. This suggests that the choice of that DETOUR was not a good one. Both choosing the Word Play DETOUR and trying to solve it without help for a while were the factors which ultimately eliminated Ron and Marcy.

ugot2bekidinmeny:
I think the poker girls did the right thing as well!!  so they  looked  better in my eyes for that episode! more to come though i am sure of it! :tup:

ron and marcy were just foolish not to ask for help..  :groan: in a foreign country and you don't know the language how can you think you can find what something means by looking around at store signs and know what it means??

lance KILLS ME!!!    (:;) I hope keri see's the light!! :colors  or at least the replay of this show while she's watching so she still has time to bail on this brash, arrogant self fullfilled man standing by her side.

I hope that Zev and justin keep it together.. there's only sooo much one can do when they are out of thier element. Zev is holding in there.. i want him to do well! he cracks me up!

as a whole i wasn't sooo engrossed in this episode. not sure why? but as teams get eliminated there will be more air time for the  other teams and possbily see more of thier personalities and drama.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version